PDA

View Full Version : Truly a magnificent site at 6 a.m.

Fire Me Boy!
05-06-2006, 06:07 AM
I love the smell of hickory in the morning.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=56903&stc=1

Herzig
05-06-2006, 07:57 AM
Did you steal my smoker? Looks like you have been putting that thing to work. I'm still struggling to get the temp lower on mine(remember, I have one just like yours). Any ideas?

beer bacon
05-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Does this thread mean what I think it means? Did we sign Ty Law?

Rukdafaidas
05-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Did you steal my smoker? Looks like you have been putting that thing to work. I'm still struggling to get the temp lower on mine(remember, I have one just like yours). Any ideas?
Herzig, you may have a different model than mine, but I've smoked meats at 180 F. What temperature has yours been running?
I do know a way to lower temperatures on propane grills/smokers, but it may actually be too low of a temp to smoke meat.

Fire Me Boy!
05-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Close your bottom vents more. I don't have problems on mine at all (except when it's 90+ degrees outside).

Fire Me Boy!
05-06-2006, 08:41 AM
I have my two bottom vents open about an inch each.

NUMBER7
05-06-2006, 08:45 AM
Does this thread mean what I think it means? Did we sign Ty Law? That is too funny. Thanks you made my day with your comment.
ROFL

Herzig
05-06-2006, 08:46 AM
The lowest I can get mine is about 225-250. I don't think mine has vents at the bottom that open and close...maybe I'm just a dumbass ROFL

Fire Me Boy!
05-06-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm confident when I say the best beans in America are in Warrensburg, MO today.

Fire Me Boy!
05-06-2006, 08:49 AM
The lowest I can get mine is about 225-250. I don't think mine has vents at the bottom that open and close...maybe I'm just a dumbass ROFL
You probably have the smaller model, if you don't have vents. I know there is one model smaller (I think available at Wal-Mart for ~$100?). I got this one at Lowe's for $150.

(I also think I remember your thread when you got it...)

Bwana
05-06-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm confident when I say these the best beans in America are in Warrensburg, MO today.

Those look good enough to give Perry Foster a run for his money and that old boys has some damn good beans.

Do you have the recipe?

Fire Me Boy!
05-06-2006, 08:50 AM
If you indeed have the smaller model, you might think about stuffing tin foil in the bottom (it's gas, right?) around the burner to lessen the airflow.

Herzig
05-06-2006, 08:54 AM
You probably have the smaller model, if you don't have vents. I know there is one model smaller (I think available at Wal-Mart for ~$100?). I got this one at Lowe's for $150.

(I also think I remember your thread when you got it...)

Rukdafaders gave me a # to a plant that makes them in Joplin. I got it for $75. I've seen it at walmart for $130.

Herzig
05-06-2006, 08:55 AM
If you indeed have the smaller model, you might think about stuffing tin foil in the bottom (it's gas, right?) around the burner to lessen the airflow.

Weird. I've actually done that. Maybe I need to do it on the inside too.

Fire Me Boy!
05-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Those look good enough to give Perry Foster a run for his money and that old boys has some damn good beans.

Do you have the recipe?
Trade secrets, my boy.

Actually yeah...

For one (this is a double) -- everything's approximate
32 oz. can of pork 'n beans
1 c. of cooked brisket (I used pork ribs today)
1/4 c. (heaping) dark brown sugar
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 c. of bbq sauce (I used Zarda's sweet & zesty -- wife likes it A LOT)
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. water

Put it all together and (the best part) put it UNDER whatever you're smoking in the smoker. The beans will catch the drippings and that's what makes the beans go from damn good to orgasmic. Give it 2-3 hours with steady smoke (I always put it in when I start the brisket -- I normally slow my smoke after a couple of hours).

Fire Me Boy!
05-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Weird. I've actually done that. Maybe I need to do it on the inside too.
I'd give it a try, for sure. Is the top vent open all the way?

Herzig
05-06-2006, 09:05 AM
I'd give it a try, for sure. Is the top vent open all the way?

I leave it just a little open. Phobia suggested a while back that I get an adjustable propane regulator to control the flow of propane. I havent been able to find one anywhere.

Bwana
05-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Trade secrets, my boy.

Actually yeah...

For one (this is a double) -- everything's approximate
32 oz. can of pork 'n beans
1 c. of cooked brisket (I used pork ribs today)
1/4 c. (heaping) dark brown sugar
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 c. of bbq sauce (I used Zarda's sweet & zesty -- wife likes it A LOT)
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. water

Put it all together and (the best part) put it UNDER whatever you're smoking in the smoker. The beans will catch the drippings and that's what makes the beans go from damn good to orgasmic. Give it 2-3 hours with steady smoke (I always put it in when I start the brisket -- I normally slow my smoke after a couple of hours).

Outstanding! Thanks....Rep

Rukdafaidas
05-06-2006, 10:42 AM
I leave it just a little open. Phobia suggested a while back that I get an adjustable propane regulator to control the flow of propane. I havent been able to find one anywhere.
I accidently found a little trick that allowed me to use one of my grills as a smoker years ago:

Turn the flow of propane off at both the tank and the smoker (make sure the valves are closed).
Open the valve to your smoker then open the valve at the tank, ignite.

If you open the valve to the smoker before opening the valce at the tank, it drastically lowers the flow of propane. It must be some sort of safety mechanism built into propane regulators. I don't know how safe it is to operate smokers/grills this way, but I've never had a problem with it.
Another idea would be to drill a couple of holes into the bottom of the smoker. My smoker, like fire's, has vents on each side and the top.

Phobia
05-06-2006, 10:46 AM
I clicked into this thread expecting a link to a web site.

I expected FMB to spell better.

Fire Me Boy!
05-06-2006, 10:59 AM
I clicked into this thread expecting a link to a web site.

I expected FMB to spell better.
What? What did I screw up?

Phobia
05-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Sight.

I've caught myself making the same mistake dozens of times.

Fire Me Boy!
05-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Sight.

I've caught myself making the same mistake dozens of times.
ROFL

OK!!! Wow. I read everything I'd posted on here, INCLUDING the thread title and couldn't figure it out. Thanks!

KCChiefsMan
05-06-2006, 01:10 PM
hmmmmm damn I need a smoker!

Fire Me Boy!
05-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Yeah, this place isn't good for you if you like BBQ. I had only one grill when I started on CP -- a large propane grill. Now, I have the same propane grill (which I'm trying to get rid of), a charcoal grill, and a propane smoker (which once I move will be upgraded to a full built in pit).

Fire Me Boy!
05-06-2006, 07:14 PM
The goddamn rain is ****ing up my BBQ. :cuss:

burt
05-06-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm confident when I say the best beans in America are in Warrensburg, MO today.

I have never wanted another man so much in my life...and thus far, I have been exclusively hetrosexual....

KcMizzou
05-06-2006, 07:24 PM
I have never wanted another man so much in my life...and thus far, I have been exclusively hetrosexual....I doubt they're quite that good. And if they are, I'd rather not have any.

burt
05-06-2006, 07:50 PM
I doubt they're quite that good. And if they are, I'd rather not have any.

Okay, maybe I really don't want him in that way...but I do hold him in extreme high regards......

Fire Me Boy!
05-06-2006, 09:19 PM
I have never wanted another man so much in my life...and thus far, I have been exclusively hetrosexual....
Ummm.... I think that's a compliment. So, thank you.

burt
05-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Ummm.... I think that's a compliment. So, thank you.

it was meant to be.....I swear...I just have a warped sense of humor.....