PDA

View Full Version : Rate the quarterbacks of 2006

Rain Man
05-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Rank the teams in terms of how comfortable you would feel going into the 2006 season at quarterback, if you were the coach/GM.

Please consider ONLY 2006. Don't worry about future potential, salary, or anything else. Just consider what you would expect from the QB position on that team in 2006, taking into account performance, injury susceptibility, experience and savvy, leadership, and any QB controversy that might exist.

Base on mere impressions, with no statistical justification, here is my ranking. I think the bottom nine teams will need to succeed despite their QB position, while the top six have QBs who are very strong.

I think Cincinnati got a bad break with injury, and San Diego probably screwed themselves over at this position unless Rivers comes through strong.

IND Peyton Manning
PHI Donovan McNabb
NE Tom Brady
PIT Ben Roethlisberger
KC Trent Green
MIA Daunte Culpepper
NO Drew Brees
DAL Drew Bledsoe
JAC Byron Leftwich/David Garrard
SEA Matt Hasselbeck
STL Marc Bulger
MIN Brad Johnson
GB Brett Favre
NYG Eli Manning the spoiled brat
ATL Michael Vick
CAR Jake Delhomme
WAS Mark Brunell/Jason Campbell
HOU David Carr
DEN Jake Plummer/Jay Cutler
OAK Aaron Brooks/Kerry Collins
ARI Kurt Warner/Matt Leinert
NYJ Patrick Ramsey/Chad Pennington
BUF Kelly Holcomb/J.P. Losman
DET Josh McCown/Jon Kitna
CLE Charlie Frye/Ken Dorsey
TEN Vince Young/Steve McNair/Billy Volek
CHI Rex Grossman/Kyle Orton
SF Alex Smith/Trent Dilfer
TB Chris Simms
SD Philip Rivers
BAL Kyle Boller
CIN Craig Krenzel/Carson Palmer

OnTheWarpath58
05-07-2006, 10:11 PM
My list.....

IND Peyton Manning
NE Tom Brady
PIT Ben Roethlisberger
SEA Matt Hasselbeck
KC Trent Green
PHI Donovan McNabb
CAR Jake Delhomme
MIA Daunte Culpepper
DAL Drew Bledsoe
NO Drew Brees
STL Marc Bulger
MIN Brad Johnson
GB Brett Favre
ATL Michael Vick
HOU David Carr
TB Chris Simms
SD Philip Rivers
BAL Kyle Boller

Logical
05-07-2006, 10:19 PM
IND Peyton Manning
NE Tom Brady
PIT Ben Roethlisberger
DEN Jake Plummer
NYG Eli Manning
SEA Matt Hasselbeck
NO Drew Brees
KC Trent Green
MIA Daunte Culpepper
DAL Drew Bledsoe
STL Marc Bulger
MIN Brad Johnson
GB Brett Favre
PHI Donovan McNabb
CAR Jake Delhomme
HOU David Carr
CIN Carson Palmer
SD Philip Rivers
ATL Michael Vick
OAK Aaron Brooks
BAL Kyle Boller
TB Chris Simms

cdcox
05-07-2006, 10:22 PM
The Best
=========
NE Tom Brady
IND Peyton Manning
PIT Ben Roethlisberger
PHI Donovan McNabb

Solid
============
KC Trent Green
SEA Matt Hasselbeck
CAR Jake Delhomme

Shourld be good, but uncertainty of situation, age and/or past injury
================================
MIA Daunte Culpepper
NO Drew Brees
DAL Drew Bledsoe
MIN Brad Johnson

Shakey starters, undeveloped potential, or serious injuries
======================
STL Marc Bulger
GB Brett Favre
ATL Michael Vick
HOU David Carr
TEN Vince Young/Steve McNair???/Billy Volek

Rough Waters Ahead
========================
SD Philip Rivers
TB Chris Simms
BAL Kyle Boller

milkman
05-07-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm not going to go through and rate verey QB/team.

But until Peyton Manning proves he's something more than a more talented, and smarter Chris...er....Jim Everett, he doesn't rate ahead of Brady and Rothlesberger.

Tribal Warfare
05-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Brady Manning Green

JBucc
05-07-2006, 10:38 PM
OK i'll do one

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Ben Rothelesbigpimpleonmyass
Matt Hasselbeck
Jake Delhomme
Trent Green
Donovan Mcnabb
Byron Leftwich
um....Palmer
Bulger
Culpepper
Brees
Plummer
Vick
all the rest
then all the rest
the rest of em

ct
05-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Copying from cdcox format:

The Best
=========
IND Peyton Manning
NE Tom Brady
PIT Ben Roethlisberger

Solid
============
PHI Donovan McNabb
SEA Matt Hasselbeck
NYG Eli Manning

Good, not great - inconsistencies, age, or minor injury concerns
================================
KC Trent Green
CAR Jake Delhomme
HOU David Carr
DAL Drew Bledsoe
MIN Brad Johnson
ATL Michael Vick

Yellow Flagged - minor QB controversy, major injury rehabs, or repeated injury concerns
======================
GB Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers
STL Marc Bulger/Gus Frerotte
NO Drew Brees/Todd Bouman/Jaime Martin
MIA Daunte Culpepper/Joey Harrington???(drop to Red Flag if so)
CIN Carson Palmer/Craig Krenzel

Red Flagged - Shakey starters, definite QB controversies
======================
OAK Aaron Brooks/Andrew Walters/Marquis Tuiososupo(sp?)
TEN Billy Volek/Vince Young

BLACK FLAGGED - Terra Incognito, serious performance issues
========================
TB Chris Simms/Luke McCown/Bruce Gradkowski
SD Philip Rivers/Charlie Whitehurst
NYJ Patrick Ramsey/Chad Pennington/Kellen Clemons
BUF Kelly Holcomb/J.P. Losman/Craig Nall
CHI Rex Grossman/Kyle Orton/Brian Griese
BAL Kyle Boller/Steve McNair???(raise to Yellow Flag)/Kerry Collins???

EDIT: adjusted, how does the GM feel about their QB situation?

htismaqe
05-08-2006, 11:52 AM
To me, listing a 2nd QB after Plummer, Brunnell, and Leftwich should automatically qualify them for yellow flag status...

Amnorix
05-08-2006, 12:01 PM
IND Peyton Manning
PHI Donovan McNabb
NE Tom Brady

McNabb over Brady? err.... :spock:

Amnorix
05-08-2006, 12:02 PM
The Best

What he said...

FAX
05-08-2006, 12:05 PM
I was going to join in on this, Mr. Rain Man, but I cannot bear to create a list of any kind with Manning on it which this exercise would require.

Unless it was a list of cheating, sniveling, excuse-making, attention-grabbing, feet-shuffling pansies. Then I could do it.

FAX

Rain Man
05-08-2006, 12:14 PM
McNabb over Brady? err.... :spock:

What can I say? I'm a big fan of McNabb.

Ultra Peanut
05-08-2006, 12:28 PM
IND Peyton Manning
NE Tom Brady
PIT Ben Roethlisberger
PHI Donovan McNabb
--
KC Trent Green
CAR Jake Delhomme
SEA Matt Hasselbeck
STL Marc Bulger
--
NO Drew Brees
DAL Drew Bledsoe
NYG Eliforheineken
MIA Daunte Culpepper
JAC Byron Leftwich
--
DEN Jake Plummer
ATL Michael Vick
MIN Brad Johnson
--
ARI Kurt Leinart
CHI Rex Grossman
HOU David Carr
WAS Mark Brunell
--
OAK Aaron Brooks
TB Chris Simms
GB Brett Favre
NYJ Patrick Pennington
BUF Kelly Losman
DET Josh Kitna
CLE Charlie Frye
CIN Craig Palmer
SF Alex Smith
SD Philip Rivers
TEN Vince Young
BAL Kyle Boller

JimNasium
05-08-2006, 12:40 PM
What's with the man crush for Roethlisberger? He's solid but I think it's premature to paint him as "the best."

ct
05-08-2006, 12:44 PM
What's with the man crush for Roethlisberger? He's solid but I think it's premature to paint him as "the best."

This tends to happen when you lead a team to the Super Bowl. Trent Dilfer excluded.

Rain Man
05-08-2006, 02:03 PM

It annoyed me to rank him and Brady so high, but Roethlisberger's team is something like 56-2 with him as a starter, and Brady has won the past 14 Super Bowls, except for the one the Roethlisberger won.*

* - Note: all statistics are dramatized and may not reflect the actual numbers.

hypersensitiveZO6
05-08-2006, 04:06 PM
I was going to join in on this, Mr. Rain Man, but I cannot bear to create a list of any kind with Manning on it which this exercise would require.

Unless it was a list of cheating, sniveling, excuse-making, attention-grabbing, feet-shuffling pansies. Then I could do it.

FAX

I was thinking the same thing, and I would pick Green over Manning any day. Also Manning is a piece of shit, douchebag.

jspchief
05-08-2006, 04:09 PM
What's with the man crush for Roethlisberger? He's solid but I think it's premature to paint him as "the best."15-1 his rookie season, Superbowl champ his sophmore season.

He certainly deserves to be mentioned up there near the top, IMO. Probably in the 5-10 range.

Rain Man
05-08-2006, 04:10 PM
There's no doubt that Trent Green is a god among men, but which Manning are you guys heaping smite upon? I'm kind of a fan of Peyton, line of scrimmage antics aside. I think he's a student of the game, and does things like want to wear the Johnny Unitas hightops after Johnny U. died.

Eli, of course, deserves to be Joe Theismaned out of the league as soon as possible, since he circumvented the league's draft process to get his way.

JimNasium
05-08-2006, 04:13 PM
15-1 his rookie season, Superbowl champ his sophmore season.

He certainly deserves to be mentioned up there near the top, IMO. Probably in the 5-10 range.
But was that due to his play or their D? Don't get me wrong, the guys a solid QB but that team is not carried on the shoulders of their signal caller.

Rain Man
05-08-2006, 04:15 PM
But was that due to his play or their D? Don't get me wrong, the guys a solid QB but that team is not carried on the shoulders of their signal caller.

I became more of a believer when he missed some games this year due to injury. I could be wrong, but I think most of the Steelers' losses were while he was out, and then when he came back they managed to beat the entire league.

cdcox
05-08-2006, 04:15 PM

I'll weigh in on this one too, since I saw a lot of the Steelers the last couple years.

Roethlisberger fits their system very well. He doesn't make many mistakes and can make a clutch play when needed. But he's more than a caretaker. He really carved up the Bengals', Colts', and Broncos' defenses during the playoffs. He didn't look nearly as good in the SB.

The question is how he will fare now that the Bus has retired. Wilie Parker was their leading rusher last year, but the Bettis was more reliable in short yardage situations. Unless they can find a reliable replacement, I anticipate they'll have to rely on Ben's arm a bit more. He's had two years of grooming and should have a ton of confidence. It will be interesting to see how he responds.

FAX
05-08-2006, 04:18 PM
There's no doubt that Trent Green is a god among men, but which Manning are you guys heaping smite upon? I'm kind of a fan of Peyton, line of scrimmage antics aside. I think he's a student of the game, and does things like want to wear the Johnny Unitas hightops after Johnny U. died.

Eli, of course, deserves to be Joe Theismaned out of the league as soon as possible, since he circumvented the league's draft process to get his way.

You possess remarkable objectivity, Mr. Rain Man. A highly admirable quality.

PM is the NFL's darling, to be sure. As you mention, and for reasons unknown, they are allowing him to consistently violate numerous rules at the LOS. That alone is sufficient fuel for my ire. But, on top of that, he blames his teammates for losses, whines when things don't go his way (pro bowl?), and calls plays for himself in order to increase his stats. He offends me for those reasons.

Plus, here in TN, it is well known that he was a bed-wetter.

FAX

jspchief
05-08-2006, 04:21 PM
But was that due to his play or their D? Don't get me wrong, the guys a solid QB but that team is not carried on the shoulders of their signal caller.The team definately has defense as a strength, and they run a lot. But he has had several games where he has carried the team. Most recently the AFC Championship game where he shredded the Denver secondary while the running game was shut down. He also had a killer 4th qtr comeback drive against NE earlier in the year.

Watching the guy play, I don't have any reservations about calling him a top 10 QB in the league.

JimNasium
05-08-2006, 04:22 PM
The team definately has defense as a strength, and they run a lot. But he has had several games where he has carried the team. Most recently the AFC Championship game where he shredded the Denver secondary while the running game was shut down. He also had a killer 4th qtr comeback drive against NE earlier in the year.

Watching the guy play, I don't have any reservations about calling him a top 10 QB in the league.
Nor would I but I'm not ready to lump him into that "great" category yet. Solid? Yes.

cdcox
05-08-2006, 04:25 PM
I'll throw another QB up for discussion: Drew Brees.

I graded him lower than some others did because I view his success in NO far from certain. He's in a new situation and coming off a shoulder injury. Has anyone heard how his rehab is coming? Also, he became productive with the emergence of Gates, a huge intermediate-range target that got good separation from defenders. NO has good receivers, but nothing in the Gates mold. i'm not at all sold on him being productive under these circumstances.

Basileus777
05-08-2006, 04:26 PM
The team definately has defense as a strength, and they run a lot. But he has had several games where he has carried the team. Most recently the AFC Championship game where he shredded the Denver secondary while the running game was shut down. He also had a killer 4th qtr comeback drive against NE earlier in the year.

Top 10 yes, but top 3? How can qb who has thrown over 30 passes in only one game and has never thrown for more than 2700 yds in a season be that high? He has had some good performances but besides the 2nd Cinci game last year when has he ever had to carry a team? He did very well against Denver but it was the defense that won that game.

jspchief
05-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Top 10 yes, but top 3? How can qb who has thrown over 30 passes in only one game and has never thrown for more than 2700 yds in a season be that high? He has had some good performances but besides the 2nd Cinci game last year when has he ever had to carry a team? He did very well against Denver but it was the defense that won that game.I never said top 3. I said 5-10 range.

And it's not exactly his fault that he plays in the offensive system he plays in. He's only doing what he's been asked to do, and on the rare occasion they ask more him, he usually delivers.

JimNasium
05-08-2006, 04:29 PM

I graded him lower than some others did because I view his success in NO far from certain. He's in a new situation and coming off a shoulder injury. Has anyone heard how his rehab is coming? Also, he became productive with the emergence of Gates, a huge intermediate-range target that got good separation from defenders. NO has good receivers, but nothing in the Gates mold. i'm not at all sold on him being productive under these circumstances.
http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1146724857321760.xml

Rain Man
05-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Roethlisberger Playing

Week 1 - Pit 34, Ten 7
Week 2 - Pit 27, Hou 7
Week 3 - NE 23, Pit 20
Week 4 - Bye
Week 5 - Pit 24, SD 22

Roethlisberger Out
Week 6 - Jac 23, Pit 17
Week 7 - Pit 27, Cin 13
Week 8 - Pit 20, Bal 19
Week 9 - Pit 20, GB 10
Week 10 - Pit 34, Cle 21
Week 11 - Bal 16, Pit 13

Roethlisberger Back
Week 12 - Ind 26, Pit 7
Week 13 - Cin 38, Pit 31
Week 14 - Pit 21, Chi 9
Week 15 - Pit 18, Min 3
Week 16 - Pit 41, Cle 0
Week 17 - Pit 35, Det 21

Playoffs

Pit 31, Cin 17
Pit 21, Ind 18
Pit 34, Den 17
Pit 21, Sea 10

Games with Roethlisberger - 11-3, Average score of 26.1 points
Games without Roethlisberger - 4-2, Average score of 22.3 points

Okay, that wasn't as compelling as I thought.

Rain Man
05-08-2006, 04:32 PM

I had completely forgotten about that shoulder injury. I would downgrade him from my original ranking due to that uncertainty.

cdcox
05-08-2006, 04:33 PM
We were ranking how comfortable teams were with their QB situation, not QBs per se.

I evaluated the QBs in terms of the expectations that the teams place on them and how well they fulfil that. The Steelers expect Ben to manage games by not making many mistakes. He meets that expectation. When he makes clutch plays or runs a clutch drive, he exceeds that expectation.

The Chiefs for example put much higher expectations on Green. He fulfills them most of the time, but we have a hard time winning when he has a bad game. Therefore, our QB situation has less room for error and is less favorable.

Basileus777
05-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Roethlisberger Out
Week 7 - Pit 27, Cin 13
Week 8 - Pit 20, Bal 19

Roethlisberger played in these two games.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493043/gamelogs/2005

JimNasium
05-08-2006, 04:39 PM
We were ranking how comfortable teams were with their QB situation, not QBs per se.

I evaluated the QBs in terms of the expectations that the teams place on them and how well they fulfil that. The Steelers expect Ben to manage games by not making many mistakes. He meets that expectation. When he makes clutch plays or runs a clutch drive, he exceeds that expectation.

The Chiefs for example put much higher expectations on Green. He fulfills them most of the time, but we have a hard time winning when he has a bad game. Therefore, our QB situation has less room for error and is less favorable.
Perhaps it would help if I were to fully read the thread starter. :shake:

cdcox
05-08-2006, 04:40 PM
http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1146724857321760.xml

That was a pretty good read.

Positives for NO: rehab ahead of schedule and Brees sounds a lot like when Green first came to KC in terms of leadership.

Negatives: He's still only throwing the ball 25 yds and him being ready for the start of TC is "optimistic".

We'll see.

Count Alex's Losses
05-09-2006, 12:56 AM
IND Peyton Manning
NE Tom Brady
PIT Ben Roethlisberger
DEN Jake Plummer
NYG Eli Manning

You are nuts, sir.

MahiMike
05-09-2006, 08:34 AM
I think you did ok until you got to Culpepper and Brees. Culpepper has 3 strikes against him; 1) he's severely injured 2) he played like crap last year and 3) he's on a brand new team. #3 also applies to Brees with the added negative that his new team is the sorry Saints. He should be able to hand off to Bush and Deuce though.

I'd rank Eli Manning in and Jake Delhomme above those 2.

ct
05-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Keep in mind folks, the premise of this ranking was how the GM/coach felt about their QB situation, not ranking who's better than who. I myself forgot this a bit, and have adjusted my ranking.

Count Alex's Losses
05-09-2006, 09:30 AM
I'd rank Eli Manning in and Jake Delhomme above those 2.

I'd rather have Jake Plummer than Eli Manning.

ct
05-09-2006, 09:42 AM
To me, listing a 2nd QB after Plummer, Brunnell, and Leftwich should automatically qualify them for yellow flag status...

Yeah, I agree. I moved Plummer and Brunell down to Yellow Flag status, but I left Leftwich above that. He's still very young, with high potential, and the backup has good experience. Plummer, while not old, ain't young either, Brunell is old, and both of the backups have no experience to rely on for comfort level.

I also had to rethink where I had Trent. He's 36, and we just drafted a QB on Day1, plus signed a young CFL guy, so obviously we can't feel solid about him, even for this year. We hope he stays healthy, but a 36 year old QB is not comfortable.

Chiefnj
05-09-2006, 09:44 AM
GM comfort level:

NE Tom Brady - great leader who can win postseason games.
PIT Roethlesberger - same as Brady.
IND Manning - still has a postseason monkey on his back.
SEA Hasselbeck - got them to the promised land last year.
CAR Delhomme - very underrated
PHI Donovan McNabb - Will the team still rally behind him?
KC Green - too bad he hasn't had a defense.
STL Bulger - knows the system, decent QB.
ATL Vick - he sells tickets and wins games.
WAS Brunell - decent veteran, great new OC.

DAL Bledsoe - a Parcells favorite.
NYG Manning - hopefully he doesn't have his brothers postseason luck.
JAC Leftwich - they've given him the surrounding talent, it's up to him now.
MIN Johnson - Hey, maybe Culpepper wasn't that good after all.
DEN Plummer - If only he didn't have those mental farts 2% of the time.
CHI Grossman - Can he stay healthy?
TB Simms - Developing slowly, but nicely.

MIA Culpepper - Can he recover from his injury?
NO Brees - Can they develop a system around him?
HOU Carr - Can they protect him?
SD Rivers - Had time to learn the system. There is always KC's pass defense twice a year to pad bad stats.
ARI - Warner/Leinert - I'm just looking forward to seeing the video of Brenda meeting Paris and them having dinner together.
CIN Palmer - Please get better soon.

The rest, in no particular order, are disasters.
GB Brett Favre
BAL Kyle Boller

Cochise
05-09-2006, 09:45 AM
IND Peyton Manning
NE Tom Brady
KC Trent Green
PIT Ben Roethlisberger
SEA Matt Hasselbeck
CAR Jake Delhomme
NO Drew Brees
MIN Brad Johnson
PHI Donovan McNabb
DAL Drew Bledsoe
STL Marc Bulger
GB Brett Favre
MIA Daunte Culpepper
HOU David Carr
TB Chris Simms
SD Philip Rivers
ATL Michael Vick
TEN Vince Young/Billy Volek
BAL Kyle Boller/Steve McNair

Rain Man
05-09-2006, 09:48 AM
I debated about the whole second quarterback thing. In Washington, I think there's going to be a legitimate QB controversy and I don't think Brunell is guaranteed a starting position. In Denver, Plummer is almost certainly the starter, but I think there'll be pressure to give Cutler some playing time. And in Jacksonville, I simply wasn't sure about Leftwich's injury status.

jAZ
05-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Wow, I have a lot of disagreement with you RainMan!

IND Peyton Manning
NE Tom Brady
PIT Ben Roethlisberger
KC Trent Green
PHI Donovan McNabb
NO Drew Brees
DAL Drew Bledsoe
SEA Matt Hasselbeck
STL Marc Bulger
GB Brett Favre
ATL Michael Vick
CAR Jake Delhomme
MIN Brad Johnson
TB Chris Simms
MIA Joey Harrington/Daunte Culpepper
HOU David Carr
SD Philip Rivers
BAL Kyle Boller

Chiefnj
05-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Why are you guys ranking Delhomme so low? (IMO anyway).

Rain Man
05-09-2006, 10:15 AM

Truthfully for me, probably because he's not a big name. However, I don't see him as a quarterback who can carry a team. I see him more as a quarterback whose job is not to lose. I say that, though, based purely on reputation. I can't even remember the last Panthers game I saw.

jspchief
05-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Why are you guys ranking Delhomme so low? (IMO anyway).I agree. He's been underrated in just about every list on here.

jAZ
05-09-2006, 10:19 AM
The rest, in no particular order, are disasters.

Are you serious? That's some serious talent at the QB position! McNair might/might not make it back, but Volek was a stud in relief and Vince Young has star potential.

jAZ
05-09-2006, 10:22 AM
DEN Jake Plummer
NO Drew Brees
KC Trent Green
Did you really put Drew Brees and Jake Plummer above Trent? Does this mean you'd take JP over Trent here in KC?

Rain Man
05-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Wow, I have a lot of disagreement with you RainMan!

Your and idiot. Or maybe a genious. Or maybe some kind of idiot genious. Like a savant.

Yeah, that's it.

Your and savant.

Chiefnj
05-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Are you serious? That's some serious talent at the QB position! McNair might/might not make it back, but Volek was a stud in relief and Vince Young has star potential.

It's a GM comfort level rating. Right now it's a PR nightmare with McNair. He's Mr. Titan and he was locked out or whatever they are calling it. You don't want a controversy like that especially when your QBOTF is dumb and has no chance of picking up the NFL game quickly.

rad
05-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Hasn't McNair already agreed to a contract with Baltimore?

Rain Man
05-09-2006, 12:00 PM
According to the team sites, he's still with the Titans. It's anybody's guess what will happen, though.

rad
05-09-2006, 12:06 PM
According to the team sites, he's still with the Titans. It's anybody's guess what will happen, though.
I checked out a Titans BB and there was a thread about it. It's called goTitans .com. Mac and Bal. have a contract worked out(12 Mil.), it's just a matter of Titan compensation(5th rd draft pick)

Joe Seahawk
05-09-2006, 01:27 PM

Hasselbeck too.. C'mon peeps!

Rain Man
05-09-2006, 02:05 PM
It's interesting that at least half of the probably starters are first-round picks. I count at least 16 off the top of my head.

ct
05-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Hasselbeck too.. C'mon peeps!

I've got Hass 5th.

It's interesting that at least half of the probably starters are first-round picks. I count at least 16 off the top of my head.

I find it even more interesting that about half of them are NOT 1st round picks.

jAZ
05-09-2006, 03:46 PM
It's a GM comfort level rating. Right now it's a PR nightmare with McNair. He's Mr. Titan and he was locked out or whatever they are calling it. You don't want a controversy like that especially when your QBOTF is dumb and has no chance of picking up the NFL game quickly.
Near term, I'd take Trent over all 3 of their QB's, but long term, I'd take their QB situation over ours (as of today).

They have a legit #1 QB in both McNair (the "starter") and Volek (the backup) with an all world QBOTF in Young.

We have much the same in Trent (equal or better than McNair, IMO) and a pair of decent QBOTF candidates in Croyle/Printers... but we don't have the security of Volek at the #2.

If they trade away McNair and Volek becomes the #1 QB for 2006, then I'd put them slightly behind KC (but not far) given the loss of depth of McNair puts them where we are in terms of depth. In that case Trent is more proven than Volek outweighing the greater upside that Young has over Croyle/Printers.

JMO.

Another way to look at it is, who's better off if they lose their #1 QB for the season, KC or TN?

No question, TN.