PDA

View Full Version : Last Titanic survivor dies.

Halfcan
05-08-2006, 01:42 AM
Lillian Gertrud Asplud-the last American survivor of the Titanic sinking of 1912 has died. She was 99 years old and passed in her sleep.

That leaves two left.

Rain Man
05-08-2006, 01:44 AM
94 years later, and Titanic passengers are still dying. What a tragedy.

Spicy McHaggis
05-08-2006, 01:44 AM
I'm really confused. You wrote last Titanic survivor dies and then close with that leaves two left.

Demonpenz
05-08-2006, 01:45 AM
her heart will go on

Miles
05-08-2006, 01:49 AM
94 years later, and Titanic passengers are still dying. What a tragedy.

Wonder if they apartment preference over Andrea Doria survivors.

SLAG
05-08-2006, 01:53 AM
its about damn time...

damnit carl :cuss:

Tribal Warfare
05-08-2006, 01:54 AM
Now who in the hell will find that blue diamand now

chefsos
05-08-2006, 01:59 AM
Now who in the hell will find that blue diamand now
I'm proud to say that I never saw that ****ing movie (I'm guessing that's from the movie anyway), which means, of course, that I don't know WTF you're talking about. :)

luv
05-08-2006, 02:00 AM
I'm proud to say that I never saw that ****ing movie, which means, of course, that I don't know WTF you're talking about. :)
Then how do you know he's talking about the movie?

Tribal Warfare
05-08-2006, 02:01 AM
I'm proud to say that I never saw that ****ing movie, which means, of course, that I don't know WTF you're talking about. :)

Good!!!! I was forced to watch that "cinematic epic" peice of shit

Dunit35
05-08-2006, 02:01 AM
I watched that movie for the historical part of it and came away impressed with all of it except for the love shit. Too bad the love scenes ruined it.

The sinking of the Titanic is what really got me going. It was the first historical subject that I learned about.

chefsos
05-08-2006, 02:02 AM
Then how do you know he's talking about the movie?
I knew this post was coming as soon as I hit the Submit button. :)

Anyway, I took a guess.

Halfcan
05-08-2006, 02:06 AM
I'm really confused. You wrote last Titanic survivor dies and then close with that leaves two left.

Sorry, Last AMERICAN survivor died. I am sure there are links to the actual story somewhere.

Halfcan
05-08-2006, 02:07 AM
her heart will go on

I did not want to laugh because the lady just died-but I could not help it. Damm, if we make fun of dead old ladies on here-what subject could possibly be sacred??

SLAG
05-08-2006, 02:10 AM
so is this the nite thread ive been waiting for?

CosmicPal
05-08-2006, 02:13 AM
Her story is actually quite sad: She lost her twin sister, three brothers, and her father when the ship sank. Only her mother and another brother survived. She remembers her father telling her mother that he and the boys will be grabbing another boat and that was the last she ever saw of her father and three brothers.

Her mother passed away years later- never having recovered from the profound tragedy. Her only other surviving brother passed away at the age of 73. She never married.

chefsos
I did not want to laugh because the lady just died-but I could not help it. Damm, if we make fun of dead old ladies on here-what subject could possibly be sacred??
I guess that depends on who you ask. We each have our own "off limits" subject, which guarantees that someone else will see it as fair game.

luv
I knew this post was coming as soon as I hit the Submit button. :)

Anyway, I took a guess.
:p

Halfcan
05-08-2006, 02:14 AM
so is this the nite thread ive been waiting for?

Yep, it usually starts innocent enough-like this one about a sweet old lady that died-then WHAM all hell breaks loose. It turns into a train wreck.

Demonpenz
05-08-2006, 02:16 AM
i aint going to bash her man karma got me six ways from sunday this weekend

luv
Lillian Gertrud Asplud-the last American survivor of the Titanic sinking of 1912 has died. She was 99 years old and passed in her sleep.

That leaves two left.
2006-99=1907
1912-1907=5

Wow, could you imagine going through such an experience when you were just 5 years old?

Halfcan
Her story is actually quite sad: She lost her twin sister, three brothers, and her father when the ship sank. Only her mother and another brother survived. She remembers her father telling her mother that he and the boys will be grabbing another boat and that was the last she ever saw of her father and three brothers.

Her mother passed away years later- never having recovered from the profound tragedy. Her only other surviving brother passed away at the age of 73. She never married.

RIP at least she is with her family now.

Halfcan
05-08-2006, 02:17 AM
i aint going to bash her man karma got me six ways from sunday this weekend

How so, did you get another DWI?

luv
05-08-2006, 02:18 AM
How so, did you get another DWI?
And if so, there's a couple of cures for that.

1. Get a DD.
2. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!

Demonpenz
05-08-2006, 02:19 AM
No i don't have any of those KNOCK ON WOOD. I am ususally smart enough (or dumb enough) to walk from the bars. Lets just say i had two cell phones that took a bath in mountain dew.

CosmicPal
05-08-2006, 02:19 AM

1. Get a DD.

Puhhhlleeze. Tell us something we all don't already know.

Halfcan
05-08-2006, 02:20 AM
2006-99=1907
1912-1907=5

Wow, could you imagine going through such an experience when you were just 5 years old?

When I was 5 I rode my tricycle down the concrete basement stairs. But luckily I made a full recovery from the concusion.......luckily I made a full recovery from the concusion......and when I was 5 I rode my tricycle down the basement stairs.

Demonpenz
05-08-2006, 02:21 AM
ok back to the topic. Yeah sad story about the titanic. It seems like that tragedy is one of the most interesting . I was like 6 when they found it on national geografic

luv
Puhhhlleeze. Tell us something we all don't already know.
Sorry. To me, drinking and driving shows the ultimate stupidity. I had three friends die in high school when they got hit by a drunk driver on Homecoming night.

Halfcan
No i don't have any of those KNOCK ON WOOD. I am ususally smart enough (or dumb enough) to walk from the bars. Lets just say i had two cell phones that took a bath in mountain dew.

Do the Dew!

Demonpenz
05-08-2006, 02:22 AM
i remember a horrible experience for me when i was young. My dad played Rush on his 8 track. I still haven't recovered

Halfcan
05-08-2006, 02:23 AM
ok back to the topic. Yeah sad story about the titanic. It seems like that tragedy is one of the most interesting . I was like 6 when they found it on national geografic

I figured Skip was the last survivor, oh never mind, that was the Civil War. :skip:

Halfcan
05-08-2006, 02:24 AM
i remember a horrible experience for me when i was young. My dad played Rush on his 8 track. I still haven't recovered

Evidently, your not the only one around here-lol

CosmicPal
05-08-2006, 02:25 AM
Sorry. To me, drinking and driving shows the ultimate stupidity. I had three friends die in high school when they got hit by a drunk driver on Homecoming night.

I lost one of my girlfriends in high school because I refused to drive her home.

I lost half a dozen friends who all died in the same car that very same summer.

I feel your pain.

Rain Man
05-08-2006, 02:27 AM

Veterans.

chefsos
05-08-2006, 02:35 AM
Veterans.
Yes, but they really don't need the protection. They can hit the offenders with pie.

Rain Man
05-08-2006, 03:01 AM
Yes, but they really don't need the protection. They can hit the offenders with pie.

I can't believe you're joking about veterans.

luv
05-08-2006, 03:04 AM
What happened to the mystery dates?

Slacker.

Count Alex's Wins
05-08-2006, 04:00 AM
Gotta catch 'em all!

SNR
05-08-2006, 07:07 AM
When I was 5 I rode my tricycle down the concrete basement stairs. But luckily I made a full recovery from the concusion.......luckily I made a full recovery from the concusion......and when I was 5 I rode my tricycle down the basement stairs.This is why Geddy stays the hell away from you everytime you go to a Rush concert

SNR
05-08-2006, 07:08 AM
Oh, and I think her name is funny. Asplud kind of sounds like "ass plug"

Does that count as making fun of old ladies?

Skip Towne
05-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Rainman was on here after 3 AM? He must have some really good drugs.

FAX
05-08-2006, 08:03 AM
It's very sad that this lady survived all that Titanic stuff and then died anyway.

FAX

greg63
05-08-2006, 08:07 AM

Did someone say pie?

Tuckdaddy
05-08-2006, 08:47 AM
It's about damn time.

Phobia
05-08-2006, 09:17 AM
What I'd like to know is who is the moron in charge of keeping track of titanic survivors as they die....

I mean, seriously.... is there somebody monitoring this activity?

ct
05-08-2006, 09:21 AM
When I was 5 I rode my tricycle down the concrete basement stairs. But luckily I made a full recovery from the concusion.......luckily I made a full recovery from the concusion......and when I was 5 I rode my tricycle down the basement stairs.

ROFL

Skip Towne
05-08-2006, 09:22 AM
What I'd like to know is who is the moron in charge of keeping track of titanic survivors as they die....

They probably have an association like the Pearl Harbor survivors have. I saw a car the other day that had Pearl Harbor survivor license tags. It had a bumper sticker that said "If there hadn't been a Pearl Harbor, there wouldn't have been a Hiroshima".

Rain Man
05-08-2006, 09:25 AM

The 1,000 employees of the Bureau of Titanic Survivorship Records had better start preparing their resumes.

burt
05-08-2006, 09:52 AM
It's very sad that this lady survived all that Titanic stuff and then died anyway.

FAX

I'm sorry, but Just because some one survives a tragedy, it does not make them immortal.

One thing I know is, none of us will get out of this alive......

Rain Man
05-08-2006, 09:59 AM

FAX

It's just not fair, is it?

FAX
05-08-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm sorry, but Just because some one survives a tragedy, it does not make them immortal.

One thing I know is, none of us will get out of this alive......

You are wise, Mr. Dale Mercer.

FAX

FAX
05-08-2006, 10:01 AM
It's just not fair, is it?

Well, she went to all the trouble to find a lifeboat, Mr. Rain Man. And then there's all that paddling. She probably lost her luggage, too.

One would have hoped for better in this case.

FAX

el borracho
05-08-2006, 10:09 AM

1. Get a DD.
Double Ds cure DWIs? I'm going to have to find me a girl with some Double Ds!

burt
05-08-2006, 10:09 AM
You are wise, Mr. Dale Mercer.

FAX

Hey, just defining the parameters of life and death......

Over-Head
05-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Rainman was on here after 3 AM? He must have some really good drugs.:Peace: where?

Rain Man
05-08-2006, 10:18 AM
It's possible that there could be more survivors, still clinging to that iceberg, waiting patiently for help and not knowing that the search has been called off...

Over-Head
05-08-2006, 10:21 AM
It's possible that there could be more survivors, still clinging to that iceberg, waiting patiently for help and not knowing that the search has been called off...

Ask the masses.
I sence a "poll" comming up on this very question :hmmm:

FAX
05-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Hey, just defining the parameters of life and death......

And an excellent job of doing so, I agree, Mr. Dale Mercer.

It's just that, if I were God and a nice lady overcame the misfortune of crashing into an iceberg in the North Atlantic and surviving freezing cold, deadly sharks, possible man-eating penguins and who knows what else, I would consider giving her a pass. Like, for instance, instead of dying, that she would be taken up by a choir of angels on a shining golden lifeboat paddled through the heavens by cute little cherubs and stuff like that.

FAX

Moooo
05-08-2006, 10:56 AM
In one article I saw, they had a little bit about the woman's mother. Her mom and her whole family (mom, dad, her, a sister and three brothers) all went to the deck of the boat when it sank. Whenever a lifeboat came up, her husband says, "Don't worry, the boys and I will find another boat." She never saw them again...

Almost brings a tear to your eye. That and even after living through that she was doomed to a life of mediocrity through secretarial work.

Moooo

Rain Man
05-08-2006, 11:00 AM
And an excellent job of doing so, I agree, Mr. Dale Mercer.

It's just that, if I were God and a nice lady overcame the misfortune of crashing into an iceberg in the North Atlantic and surviving freezing cold, deadly sharks, possible man-eating penguins and who knows what else, I would consider giving her a pass. Like, for instance, instead of dying, that she would be taken up by a choir of angels on a shining golden lifeboat paddled through the heavens by cute little cherubs and stuff like that.

FAX

God seems to ignore the "little people" a lot. He's out there starting supernovas and making galaxies collide and stuff like that, just because it looks cool.

FAX
05-08-2006, 11:11 AM
God seems to ignore the "little people" a lot. He's out there starting supernovas and making galaxies collide and stuff like that, just because it looks cool.

I agree, Mr. Rain Man. God appears to a "big picture" guy. I've know people like that and, sometimes, it's difficult to get them to focus on the details.

But, if I were God, I would still do all the galactic collisions and things but I would do some other stuff too like teach earth worms to talk. Did you know that they don't even have vocal chords? Correcting this one omission could provide generations of entertainment to his chosen people.

FAX

Inspector
05-08-2006, 11:15 AM

That leaves two left.

This is just awful news.

I'm assuming..........she drowned?

Rain Man
05-08-2006, 11:18 AM
I agree, Mr. Rain Man. God appears to a "big picture" guy. I've know people like that and, sometimes, it's difficult to get them to focus on the details.

But, if I were God, I would still do all the galactic collisions and things but I would do some other stuff too like teach earth worms to talk. Did you know that they don't even have vocal chords? Correcting this one omission could provide generations of entertainment to his chosen people.

FAX

I dunno. You'd have to hear an awful lot of talk about mulch to get the occasional gem about buried gold coins.