PDA

View Full Version : Poll triggered by a recent hot DC thread

Frankie
05-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Poll inspired by a recent hot DC thread

This thread http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140328 has turned into quite the lively debate, which in turn inspired me to try to take the following poll. Voting with or without consulting that thread is strictly your choice. But I would encourage you to take a glance at it if you haven't by now. The question is simple:

Given the current domestic and international condition, would you prefer to have GW Bush in the White House handling things or John F Kennedy?

(BTW, the GAZ option has been deliberatly omitted to avoid an unfair
landslide. ;) )

Feel free to explain why you voted the way you voted.

Adept Havelock
05-08-2006, 08:44 PM
JFK. He banged Marilyn. Well, that and he has a proven successful track record when it comes to international issues with WMD's. ;)

stevieray
05-08-2006, 08:50 PM
JFK. He banged Marilyn. Well, that and he has a proven successful track record when it comes to international issues with WMD's. ;)

JFK, because his daddy never did anything for him.

;)

Adept Havelock
05-08-2006, 08:57 PM
JFK, because his daddy never did anything for him.

;)

ROFL

Hmmm. The ghost of JFK and George W. Bush in a remake of "Silver Spoons" comes to mind.

I really shouldn't have had that third pint. Oy.

BucEyedPea
05-08-2006, 09:12 PM
JFK

Much more realistic and level headed.

BTW did you Dems know that he was a supply-sider?

* I'm not exactly a ss but just wonderin' who knew this.

Adept Havelock
05-08-2006, 09:24 PM
JFK

Much more realistic and level headed.

BTW did you Dems know that he was a supply-sider?

* I'm not exactly a ss but just wonderin' who knew this.

Oh! Oh! I knew it! I knew it!

Well, we all have our faults. :p

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-09-2006, 01:07 AM
Kennedy was not a good president. He is remembered overly fondly b/c he was killed in office. Bush is the worst president in the history of the country, just an abomination on every front. It's almost like comparing Tony Mandarich with a fourth rounder who never makes the roster. Were they both poor picks?? Yes, but one did a hell of a lot more damage via his selection than the other.

BucEyedPea
05-09-2006, 08:09 AM
Adept,
Even Reagan's foreign policy wasn't as belligerent as the Bush Doctrine.
He too was much more level headed, knew when to use limited force with sabre-rattling rhetoric and building up our defense.
Plus he was a heck of a nice guy! :)