PDA

View Full Version : CON Media jumping ship: Murdoch sponsoring Hillary FUNDRAISER?

memyselfI
05-09-2006, 06:05 AM
:hmmm: First Mort Zuckerman and now Ruppert Murdoch?

I wonder what this bit of news will mean to FAUX News sheep. I also wonder what it will mean for the content of their programming if their CEO has realized the debacle he and his network have supported and enabled the past five plus years.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash8.htm

MURDOCH TO HOST FUNDRAISER FOR HILLARY CLINTON
Mon May 08 2006 18:25:16 ET

Rupert Murdoch has agreed to host a political fundraiser for Hillary Clinton this summer, the FINANCIAL TIMES is reporting!

Murdoch's surprise decision to raise money for Clinton in July, on behalf of NEWS CORP., parent company of FOXNEWS and the NEW YORK POST, underlines a dramatic turn of relations between Murdoch and Clinton, who in 1998 coined the phrase “vast rightwing conspiracy” to denounce critics of her husband.

Some say the move by Murdoch reflects approval of her Senate career, notes FT's Caroline Daniel. Others point to Murdoch's record for picking future national leaders. Last century, he threw over the British conservatism he'd long supported to back longshot Tony Blair.

Clinton surprised Washington and media watchers recently by attending a FOX NEWS anniversary party, where she toasted Murdoch.

Political powerbroker and studio head Harvey Weinstein is said to have convinced Hillary that Murdoch could be a friend, not a foe, in her ongoing political maneuvers.

Hillary has now cornered the NY media market, by winning support from the NEW YORK TIMES, NEW YORK DAILY NEWS owner Mort Zuckerman -- and now Murdoch and the NY POST.

Developing...

BucEyedPea
05-09-2006, 06:34 AM
I always said NeoCons were in BOTH political parties.

Hillary is a stay-until-we're-destroyed Iraq Chicken-Hawk and for military action on Iran.

She's another war hawk.

Trust me. Every candidate that will run will be a hawk: McCain , Condi.

I think we should rename them all D.C. Power Sluts.

More of the same---> No REAL Choices! NO REAL Differences!

patteeu
05-09-2006, 07:35 AM
I don't know about Murdoch, but you have to be pretty far to the left to have seen Mort Zuckerman as a CON.

BucEyedPea
05-09-2006, 07:38 AM
I don't know who Zuckerman is actually.

But Murdoch is definitely a NeoCon and is the owner of Fox News Network.

patteeu
05-09-2006, 07:56 AM
I don't know who Zuckerman is actually.

But Murdoch is definitely a NeoCon and is the owner of Fox News Network.

Zuckerman is (or at least used to be) the head guy at US News & World Report. I think he's a lot like Bush (not necessarily on an issue by issue level). A friend of big government who has some conservative stylings. As he is Jewish and a big supporter of Israel, he might qualify as a neocon in some ways I suppose.

BucEyedPea
05-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Zuckerman is (or at least used to be) the head guy at US News & World Report. I think he's a lot like Bush (not necessarily on an issue by issue level). A friend of big government who has some conservative stylings. As he is Jewish and a big supporter of Israel, he might qualify as a neocon in some ways I suppose.

I'd say foreign policy defines a NeoCon most, with support of Israel (to the point of unfairness) being central. Hence, Bush's insistence that we must guarantee Israel's security.

This, at least to me, explains why we have taken the focus off of alQaeda, and have turned to state-sponsored "terrorists" that do their dirty work in Israel. Afterall, these "terrorists" have an address that can be traced back to a nation state putting a bulls-eye on them. Whereas, alQaeda has no such address, excepting of course Afghanistan. Though, here, they sponsored that govt--not the other way around.

jAZ
05-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Every candidate that will run will be a hawk: McCain , Condi.

I think we should rename them all D.C. Power Sluts.

More of the same---> No REAL Choices! NO REAL Differences!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ_Feingold

BucEyedPea
05-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Feingold was one of 23 members of the United States Senate to vote against H.J. Res. 114, which authorized President George W. Bush to use force against Iraq.

I think he did this with Republican, right-libertarian Congressman Ron Paul.

I don't agree with his Campaign Finance Reform anti-free speech, politcal censorship legislation or that gay-right marriage should be a federal issue but since a Chief Exec is supposed to be primarily concerned with foreign policy...I could actually vote for him. So long as there is a Republican Congress I feel the other issues I don't like about him could reasonablyexpect to be stopped particularly if he wins only by a plurality of the vote. That would be a "good thing" imo.

Thanks for the info.

Just watch now, as the different power bases in this country attempt to sink him.

If the Dems take Congress though I won't vote for him. I want divided gov't as a stop-gap. Afterall, no one's liberty and property are safe when Congress is in session. ROFL

oldandslow
05-09-2006, 09:36 AM
JAZ

Russ has as little chance of grabbing the nomination as I do.

I think Hillary will win the nomination (I did not think so a year ago). The Repubs will run someone like Allen.

At that point there are going to be a whole lotta folks like me either staying home or throwing their vote away on a 3rd party.

jAZ
05-09-2006, 09:38 AM
JAZ

Russ has as little chance of grabbing the nomination as I do.

I think Hillary will win the nomination (I did not think so a year ago). The Repubs will run someone like Allen.

At that point there are going to be a whole lotta folks like me either staying home or throwing their vote away on a 3rd party.
Could be, but if you are going to mention Condi as a supposed candidate (though she's not even going to be in the race), you should at least consider Russ Feingold who will definately be in the race. You have a choice that isn't a warhawk. That's my only point.

(edit: oops, I thought this was posted by BucEyedPea... nevermind.)

jAZ
05-09-2006, 09:41 AM
want divided gov't as a stop-gap. Afterall, no one's liberty and property are safe when Congress is in session. ROFL
I agree.

memyselfI
05-09-2006, 11:41 AM
The entertainment value of the shock and dismay of RWNJs on Free Republic cannot be overstated. ROFL

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1629208/posts

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1628917/posts

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-09-2006, 01:17 PM
If the Democrats want to make a lasting political change, they'd be wise to dismiss this 'help' from pieces of monkey crap like Murdock. His soul is worth about as much as an 8 ounce jar of warm moose piss.

Taco John
05-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Basically, Murdoch is being smart. He knows that the more money he throws behind Hillary, the better chance she has of getting the nomination. It's genius really, because she's dead in the water.

Murdoch does Republicans a huge favor by tossing money at Hillary.

go bowe
05-09-2006, 01:29 PM
it's not his soul that matters to hillary...

more like his money and his support through fox news and the post...

banyon
05-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Well, i guess this just further underscores that if she wins the nomination she will not have my vote.

Baby Lee
05-09-2006, 01:57 PM
The entertainment value of the shock and dismay of RWNJs on Free Republic cannot be overstated. ROFL

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1629208/posts

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1628917/posts
I've pondered whether to even respond, but WTH.

Does it even register with you the percentage of your waking life devoted to finding joy in the supposed dismay, angst, anger, disappointment, etc., of your supposed 'enemies?'
What percentage of your posts boil down to "whee!! Here's another 'RRNJ' who is sooo pissed off?"
Schadenfruede has it's appeal, but for you it's central to your very existence.

Taco John
05-09-2006, 02:03 PM
She's easily fooled.

memyselfI
05-09-2006, 02:57 PM
I've pondered whether to even respond, but WTH.

Does it even register with you the percentage of your waking life devoted to finding joy in the supposed dismay, angst, anger, disappointment, etc., of your supposed 'enemies?'
What percentage of your posts boil down to "whee!! Here's another 'RRNJ' who is sooo pissed off?"
Schadenfruede has it's appeal, but for you it's central to your very existence.

Yeah, these days Free Republic should NOT be missed. I've checked it everday for the last five plus years. But the infighting, the fingerpointing, the distrust of DUHbya by some and the denial of the Bushbots amongst them just makes for some decent entertainment.

Sue me if I have to get my fix of hilarity from RWNJs...you know since the GRWNJM happened here there ain't too many to be found. ROFL ROFL

Brock
05-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Why WOULDN'T Murdoch or any other republican want Hillary to get the nomination? It assures McCain or whatever empty suit runs against her an easy win.

alnorth
05-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Hell, if it would win her the nomination, I honestly would send her $100 today. ;)

jAZ
05-10-2006, 01:48 PM
I think he did this with Republican, right-libertarian Congressman Ron Paul.

I don't agree with his Campaign Finance Reform anti-free speech, politcal censorship legislation or that gay-right marriage should be a federal issue but since a Chief Exec is supposed to be primarily concerned with foreign policy...I could actually vote for him. So long as there is a Republican Congress I feel the other issues I don't like about him could reasonablyexpect to be stopped particularly if he wins only by a plurality of the vote. That would be a "good thing" imo.

Thanks for the info.

Just watch now, as the different power bases in this country attempt to sink him.

If the Dems take Congress though I won't vote for him. I want divided gov't as a stop-gap. Afterall, no one's liberty and property are safe when Congress is in session. ROFL

Recent speech by Russ Feingold.

http://www.feingold.senate.gov/feingold060508_npc.mp3

Ugly Duck
05-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Its a trick. Murdoch wants Hillary to get the nomination so Faux News can make zillions by slamming her on all their programming. Great marketing move for the Neocon Network.

memyselfI
05-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Its a trick. Murdoch wants Hillary to get the nomination so Faux News can make zillions by slamming her on all their programming. Great marketing move for the Neocon Network.

I would agree with this if he didn't have a history of bucking his principles to support a winner, see Tony Blair. Perhaps he's sensing the CONS are more vulnerable than even we realize.

Either way, I'm sure he's got his bases covered.

penchief
05-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Hillary would be ten times more capable than Bush, however, I don't think she can win. At this point, I can't vote for her. I might as well vote for Dick Cheney.

When I think about Florida, Katharine Harris, the supreme court, Ohio, Diebold, and Ralph Nader, I can't help but think that the raping of our country by these phony business suits wouldn't even be taking place if any one of these things had not been in place. In fact, the bastardization of America by these power-consolodating greed peddlers may very well be completely illegitimate.

I think that the majority of casual observers have a negative opinion of Hillary Clinton which may have been arrived at unfairly, IMO, and disseminated dishonestly for partisan political purposes.

Still, I couldn't bring myself to vote for Ralph Nader and I won't be able to bring myself to vote for someone who can't beat the fascist bastards who currently run things for the benefit of their self-serving world vision. It would be especially unthinkable when considering that another four years will only encourage them more. What's next? Will we have to give up DNA samples to cash a check or enter a public building?

These guys don't care. They've had eight years to get everything they can get for their benefactors and themselves at the expense of civilized society. After that, they figure they still have a 50/50 chance in 2006/2008 cuz' they know they still own the media.

KC Jones
05-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Basically, Murdoch is being smart. He knows that the more money he throws behind Hillary, the better chance she has of getting the nomination. It's genius really, because she's dead in the water.

Murdoch does Republicans a huge favor by tossing money at Hillary.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw this thread. He hasn't changed his colors, he's trying to make sure the GOP keeps the white house.