PDA

View Full Version : Bush administration "talking points" to be included in all speeches...

Dave Lane
05-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Career appointees at the Department of Agriculture were
stunned last week to receive e-mailed instructions that
include Bush administration "talking points" -- saying things
such as "President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in
Iraq" -- in every speech they give for the department.

"The President has requested that all members of his cabinet
and sub-cabinet incorporate message points on the Global War
on Terror into speeches, including specific examples of what
each agency is doing to aid the reconstruction of Iraq," the
May 2 e-mail from USDA speechwriter Heather Vaughn began....

Another attachment "contains specific examples of GWOT
messages within agriculture speeches. Please use these
message points as often as possible and send Harry Phillips ,
USDA's director of speechwriting, a weekly email summarizing
the event, date and location of each speech incorporating the
attached language. Your responses will be included in a
weekly account sent to the White House."

Hydrae
05-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Career appointees at the Department of Agriculture were
stunned last week to receive e-mailed instructions that
include Bush administration "talking points" -- saying things
such as "President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in
Iraq" -- in every speech they give for the department.

"The President has requested that all members of his cabinet
and sub-cabinet incorporate message points on the Global War
on Terror into speeches, including specific examples of what
each agency is doing to aid the reconstruction of Iraq," the
May 2 e-mail from USDA speechwriter Heather Vaughn began....

Another attachment "contains specific examples of GWOT
messages within agriculture speeches. Please use these
message points as often as possible and send Harry Phillips ,
USDA's director of speechwriting, a weekly email summarizing
the event, date and location of each speech incorporating the
attached language. Your responses will be included in a
weekly account sent to the White House."

If they say these enough times in a given month, they will not be required to take the standardized test for that month. This will strengthen the "No worker left behind" campaign.

jAZ
05-09-2006, 05:37 PM
This is an administration who's idea of fixing their 5+ years history of massive failures is to improve the quality and expand the scope of their political spin.

patteeu
05-09-2006, 05:42 PM
It would be distressing if it weren't true that President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq.

Dave Lane
05-09-2006, 06:06 PM
It would be distressing if it weren't true that President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq.

ROFL OK I'll bite what is it?

Dave

banyon
05-09-2006, 06:09 PM

I don't think having agriculture employees ordered to chant this mantra is a sign of strength.

Maybe he should go ahead and order every agency to includethis statement in all correspondence. Maybe your tax refund could come back with "President Bush has Clear Strategy for Victory in Iraq". Of course, that would probably just remind everyone just how much tax revenue we have directed at this fiasco.

Better yet, maybe he could chisel Teddy's face off of Mount Rushmore, replace it with his own and have that phrase inscribed beneath the presidential faces.

patteeu
05-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I don't think having agriculture employees ordered to chant this mantra is a sign of strength.

Maybe he should go ahead and order every agency to includethis statement in all correspondence. Maybe your tax refund could come back with "President Bush has Clear Strategy for Victory in Iraq". Of course, that would probably just remind everyone just how much tax revenue we have directed at this fiasco.

Better yet, maybe he could chisel Teddy's face off of Mount Rushmore, replace it with his own and have that phrase inscribed beneath the presidential faces.

I think some of those are pretty good ideas. The public, even the farmers, the taxpayers and the tourists, deserve to know that President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq.

patteeu
05-09-2006, 06:16 PM
ROFL OK I'll bite what is it?

Dave

President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq and it can be found here (http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/iraq/iraq_strategy_nov2005.html). ;)

banyon
05-09-2006, 06:21 PM
President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq and it can be found here (http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/iraq/iraq_strategy_nov2005.html). ;)

It's about as compelling as Allard Baird's plan to build the Royals into a contender.

htismaqe
05-09-2006, 06:48 PM
I have to say, these talking points are better than his previous buzz words...

Namely "umm" and "hee-hee".

the Talking Can
05-09-2006, 07:05 PM
President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq and it can be found here (http://www.californiaclownschool.com/)

fixed it for you

the Talking Can
05-09-2006, 07:05 PM
I have to say, these talking points are better than his previous buzz words...

Namely "umm" and "hee-hee".

the previous buzz word was "perch"

Taco John
05-09-2006, 07:55 PM

Photo ops aren't really a clear strategy...

Taco John
05-09-2006, 07:59 PM
So Patty... What's the next milestone we can look forward to? And what's the timeframe that we can expect to reach it in?

NewChief
05-09-2006, 08:11 PM
In an addendum to the memo:

Stay on message that the President is a very good fisherman who catches lots of large fish. The fish doctrine is paramount to our new strategy.

patteeu
05-09-2006, 08:12 PM
So Patty... What's the next milestone we can look forward to? And what's the timeframe that we can expect to reach it in?

President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq and it includes giving the Iraqi's the opportunity to establish a new constitutional government. In that pursuit, the designated Prime Minister of the new Iraqi government will present his prospective cabinet to the parliment for approval within the next two weeks. After that, the President will take a few hours from his busy schedule to go fishing like a regular guy who catches regular fish, but bigger.

Taco John
05-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Yeah... Like a regular guy... Fishing in his own private, stocked lake... ROFL

Ugly Duck
05-09-2006, 08:19 PM
When Bushron was first elected there was a buzz that he wasn't smart enough to be the guy in charge and that Rove/Cheney/Rumsfeld was actually running the country. Then there was a talking point deluge to combat that perception - no matter what question was asked of government officials, "Bush is a strong leader" was part of the answer. After a few months of the propaganda, polls started to show that folks considered Duhbya to be a "strong leader." That propaganda method has worked very well for the neocon regime, and it'll probably continue to work. Won't do 'em much good, though. Americans have lost faith in the regime (OK, cept for 31%).

Logical
05-09-2006, 09:46 PM
LOL, now the administration is borrowing tactics from Lenin, Stalin and Hitler. This strategy is commonly called the "Big Lie" where if something is repeated long enough and often enough it will become the perceived truth regardless if it might be completely false.

stevieray
05-09-2006, 09:51 PM
LOL, now the administration is borrowing tactics from Lenin, Stalin and Hitler. This strategy is commonly called the "Big Lie" where if something is repeated long enough and often enough it will become the perceived truth regardless if it might be completely false.

Interesting, also sounds like it could be applied to the daily Bush bashing in this forum..

patteeu
05-09-2006, 09:54 PM

The only problem with that theory is that it isn't a lie. It's true that President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq. As for the repetitive propaganda angle, all good politicians do it, not just the totalitarian ones.

Dave Lane
05-09-2006, 10:23 PM
It's about as compelling as Allard Baird's plan to build the Royals into a contender.

Hey Allard is doing fine. Well at least comparatively.

Dave

Logical
05-10-2006, 04:16 AM
The only problem with that theory is that it isn't a lie. It's true that President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq. As for the repetitive propaganda angle, all good politicians do it, not just the totalitarian ones.ROFL

If it was clear someone would know what it is, and we would not need to hear talking points.

patteeu
05-10-2006, 07:03 AM
ROFL

If it was clear someone would know what it is, and we would not need to hear talking points.

I provided the link earlier in the thread. Take some time to read it. As I've said before, President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq and I think we are seeing real progress there even if it goes unnoticed or is discounted by those who have committed to seeing us fail.

NewChief
05-10-2006, 07:53 AM
I provided the link earlier in the thread. Take some time to read it. As I've said before, President Bush has a clear strategy for victory in Iraq and I think we are seeing real progress there even if it goes unnoticed or is discounted by those who have committed to seeing us fail.

Welcome to the world that Dems got to live in during the last election.

Con: Kerry doesn't have a plan!
Lib: Link to Kerry's plan.
Con: What gets me is that not a single Dem can tell me what Kerry's plan is.
Con: You know, if the Dem's just had a plan.
Con: Those Dems and their crazy NON plans.
Lib: Oh screw it. I give up.

banyon
05-21-2006, 11:33 AM

Dave Lane
05-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Damn Banyon thats funny ROFL

Dave

Ugly Duck
05-21-2006, 01:08 PM
.Thanks for the laugh, Banyon!

This whole propaganda campaign would be a lot more believeable if the message was, "Prezident Bush has a clear strategy fer ketchin' a 7 lb perch!"

CHIEF4EVER
05-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Actually, if you read the strategy Patteau posted, it makes perfect sense and is being implemented effectively. Of course, many of you rabid lefties want us to fail at any cost just to vindicate your opposition to the war. I see many of you nearly celebrate when something bad happens and you can't wait to comment on it. That is just friggin deplorable. It is also the reason we can never allow liberals to run the country....ever.

banyon
05-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Actually, if you read the strategy Patteau posted, it makes perfect sense and is being implemented effectively. Of course, many of you rabid lefties want us to fail at any cost just to vindicate your opposition to the war. I see many of you nearly celebrate when something bad happens and you can't wait to comment on it. That is just friggin deplorable. It is also the reason we can never allow liberals to run the country....ever.

This would be convenient for you if true.

I always watch "This Week" on ABC on sunday morning. Every week, they play "In Memoriam" where they detail which famous people have died in the previous week. They always close the segment with the list of names of soldiers killed that week that were released by the Pentagon.

What I feel is not celebration. It is profound sadness and shame.
Sadness for the families of these troops whose sons and daughters are being sacrificied in such an obviously unnecessary military endeavor. Shame that we as American Citizens, myself included, did not do more to prevent this castastophe.

I believe Clint Eastwood said it best when he sees the rebels and Union troops fighting over an extremely meaningless bridge in The Good the Bad and The Ugly.

"I've never seen so many men wasted so badly."

Ugly Duck
05-21-2006, 02:08 PM
many of you rabid lefties want us to fail at any cost just to vindicate your opposition to the war. I see many of you nearly celebrate when something bad happens and you can't wait to comment on it. That is just friggin deplorable. There is an alternative explanation - that the neocon regime has fugged up horrendously and most people recognize that except for a rapidly dwindling number of rightie diehards. We love our country and the soldiers who fight for it. It is no cause whatsoever for celebration when something bad happens. Difference is, we are honest enough to call "fuggup" when we see it instead of pretending that the regime is a sparkling success. Get real, join us, don't be apologists for the bungling bozo administration that is bankrupting our great country using excuses that are a pack of lies. Stand up, be patriotic, trash the neocon regime every chance you get. We can take our country back by opposing the Bushron gang who's main purpose is to pander to their corporate cronies as they lie to us time after time. Be a part of the solution, slam the Cheneyburton / Bushron regime!

Adept Havelock
05-21-2006, 02:44 PM
I believe Clint Eastwood said it best when he sees the rebels and Union troops fighting over an extremely meaningless bridge in The Good the Bad and The Ugly.

"I've never seen so many men wasted so badly."

Sadly, a very appropriate quote.