PDA

View Full Version : WoW goes to the big screen

KcMizzou
05-09-2006, 04:44 PM
We all know movies based on video games suck, but I'm a complete WoW junky, so I had to check up on this. Here's the press release.

http://www.blizzard.com/press/060509.shtml

I wasn't familiar with "Legendary Pictures" but this caught my attention.

Legendary Pictures formed a partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures in 2005 to co-produce and co-finance at least 25 pictures during an initial 5-year term, which includes a first-look distribution arrangement. The company operates from the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, California. Legendary Pictures' first film was Batman Begins directed by Chris Nolan. Future releases include Superman Returns, directed by Bryan Singer, M. Night Shymalan's Lady in the Water, and Roland Emmerich's 10,000 B.C.

Those are some pretty big-time movies. I really hope this has a decent budget and doesn't completely suck.

Valiant
05-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Hopefully it will go straight to DVD, because I think it will be too damn hard to make a live-action WOW.. They should have gotten the people that did the Final Fantasy movies, those graphics were phenomanal...

Hydrae
05-11-2006, 03:24 PM
I just heard about this last night, hadn't had a chance to go check it out. Thanks for the link!

This will either be good or very, very bad for us RPers though. I shudder to think what it will mean to people's perspectives on Azeroth.

Oh, and I see it is looking more and more like the new Alliance race in the expansion will indeed be the Draenei. Lot of lore related concerns on the Feathermoon realm forums over this though.

JBucc
05-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Let Peter Jackson direct it. He's good with all the wizards and faries and such.

KcMizzou
05-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Oh, and I see it is looking more and more like the new Alliance race in the expansion will indeed be the Draenei. Lot of lore related concerns on the Feathermoon realm forums over this though.Yep..

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/draenei.html

Hydrae
05-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Not sure I will create a new character when the time comes but I already have a deposit in to buy the expansion when it comes out.

Yeah, yeah..I am hopelessly addicted too! :)