PDA

View Full Version : Wow... Broncos look DAMN GOOD!

BroncoFan
09-10-2000, 05:23 PM
Chiefs fans, sorry about your loss. Your team played a pretty good game and did not deserve to lose. On the other hand, Titans are a crappy football team and don't belong in the same sentence as the words super bowl (sneaking your way into the super bowl doesn't mean you are even a decent football team, chargers have done it plenty of times)

But the Broncos look like a REAL FOOTBALL TEAM! After the first two weeks of the season, the best offense in football belongs to the Denver Broncos... and our D didn't look to shabby either.

G_Man
09-10-2000, 05:30 PM
Against the Falcons? Big deal. BTW, I'm beginning to wonder how good St Louis really is after they sneak out a victory against a Seattle team that was ripped apart by Miami. The NFL is certainly wierd this year.

HC_Chief
09-10-2000, 05:48 PM
I have to echo G_Man's sentiments - it was the falcons afterall.

However, the donks deserve credit_ they waylaid a team they were supposed to beat! They got the job done.

StLouis has no D - Seattle put 34 points on the board... the same Seahawks team that got blanked last week in Miami. Granted, the Dolphins have a superior D, but man, 34 points?!

Ugly Duck
09-10-2000, 07:19 PM
Yo DonkoFan......Now its showdown time. Both our teams have played their tuffest non-division games. You guys put in a good showing, but lost to the Rams. We just went to Indy and beat them. The next Donks-Raiders game is a biggie. You guys lose to us and you're a step behind in the ease-of-schedule race. Better bring your best game to Oaktown - its gonna be rockin'.

------------------
Lick Bush in 2000 !!!

Joe Seahawk
09-10-2000, 08:18 PM
Best Offense in football is definitely the RAMS..

------------------
"life is good"

Joe Seahawk
09-10-2000, 08:19 PM
Duck, damn nice game by the Raiders today, I gave them up for dead at 21-0.

alanm
09-10-2000, 09:21 PM
This division race is allready shaping up to be between the Donks and Faiders. I will never give up on the Chiefs. But two very tough losses can be devestating for team moral.

Ugly Duck
09-10-2000, 11:51 PM
Thanks, Joe......And how about those freakin Seahawks? You guys damn near made the big NFL headline of the week! I'll admit, I almost gave you up for dead after last week. But that was one hell of a game, dude! Tuff loss for you, and for the Chiefs. You know that I know the close loss against a favored team hurts. But the Chiefs and the Seahawks both showed they got game enough to beat anybody this week. I still say its gonna be a helluva AFC West race this year.....

------------------
Lick Bush in 2000 !!!

j molina
09-11-2000, 02:06 AM
>>On the other hand, Titans are a crappy football team and don't belong in the same sentence as the words super bowl (sneaking your way into the super bowl doesn't mean you are even a decent football team, chargers have done it plenty of times)<<

Good call.

San Diego has been to the Superbowl ONCE.
But you have them going there multiple times. Outstanding grasp of NFL history.

Of course, getting to the SB doesn't mean you are a 'decent football team.' That is the most convoluted logic I've ever heard.

Please, go talk Broncos football at: www.denverpost.com (http://www.denverpost.com)

John M.

bugseytheairdale
09-11-2000, 02:31 AM
Hey, BroncoFan, J Molina is getting on you pretty bad. Sounds like sour grapes to me. I still say Grubec is boring as hell, and every time I see Rich Gannon win a game for the Raiders, I can't help but think he could still be a Chief and kicking butt in Arrowhead. For those of you that think the Seahawks are a pushover because of the score in game 1, you'd better think again. That was a wake up call for Holgrum. He's pissed now and everybody in his way is going to know it. As for the Rams, they are the team to beat, but the Buccaneers will be the team to do it. Back to the Broncos: They too will be in the dogfight come December. Not so with the Chiefs.

j molina
09-11-2000, 11:24 AM
No sour grapes at all.

Just pointing out to BF his facts are wrong and his opinion moronic.

This is a KC CHIEFS board.

If folks want to bring in news items about other teams, or talk college football or even KC media related stuff. That's OK in my opinion. At least it has some bearing on what this board SHOULD be about.

But coming on here 'pimping' another club is nothing but a waste of time.

Being a big Chiefs fan, I sure wouldn't go to a Seattle board for example and talk about KC.

If you really want to talk BRONCOS FOOTBALL go do it somewhere else.

That's my opinion and mine only.

John M.

TEX
09-11-2000, 11:54 AM
Bronco Fan,
IMHO, the Rams offense is better than the Donx. Also, the Donx have yet to face a team with a real defense - test is at Oakland this week. Finally, are you suggesting that Shanny and his caoching staff are better than Gun and his??????? *grin*

BroncoFan
09-11-2000, 11:59 AM
j molina

I understand your plight as a bitter chiefs fan. Well... no I don't, Broncos usually manage to leave me with a shred of hope after the SECOND WEEK of the season, but I am sorry anyway.

Still, don't hang your head so low. Some day your Chiefs might even make you happy that I am here... Chiefs beat Broncos, and you make fun of ME! Hard to imagine, but still a possibility.

John, if you are looking for a better retort than - I don't like you, go away, your a bronco fan - ask some of the other chiefs fans for some material... they do a nice job using their heads, most of them are pretty clever.

BroncoFan
09-11-2000, 12:04 PM
KC-CHIEFS-FAN-TX

You are right, Broncos offense looks good, but it is NOT better than the Rams. As for your offense, it really is a shame they don't open things up. Different plays, NOT different players, could have made your record 2-0.

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 09-11-2000).]

Mile High Mania
09-11-2000, 12:22 PM
I would not say that Denver has the best offense in the NFL. I will say that they are definitely playing up to their potential. I am more than curious to see what happens when they do confront a team with a credible defense, though.

It's only Week 2 of the season, so I hope my Bronco brethren will hold off on the SuperBowl predictions for at least 10 more weeks.

If Denver can go to Oakland, play solid defense and put up 28 points with a win, then I think they are definitely the team to beat in the AFC West.

We'll see what happens. Recent history has not been good to Oakland in this series and I know that Shanny will be more than fired up and extremely well prepared for this game!

------------------
~Brad2K~

Joe Seahawk
10-02-2000, 11:36 AM
Oops, wrong thread... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

CHIEF1
10-02-2000, 11:42 AM
Wow, I bet broncofan is hating this thread now. What a difference two weeks makes.

TheFly
10-02-2000, 11:42 AM
http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

bishop_74
10-02-2000, 11:54 AM
Holy Crap... Who pulled this one out of the dark and gloomy closet??? Whew... it stinks of mothballs...

TEX
10-02-2000, 12:14 PM
Brad,
You got your answer as to what would happen if/when the Donx played a team with a credible defense.

At least you show up with class. Vance and Bronco Boy could learn alot. BTW, it looks like Donkey Drew has, but I suspsct the ONLY reason that he's chilled is because the Donx lok much worse than he could have imagined. At least he also shows up to take his lumps.

Mile High Mania
10-02-2000, 12:17 PM
Wow ... look at that, I was keeping things in perspective way back then. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Just biding my time...

BroncoFan
10-02-2000, 01:09 PM
Yea, Broncos played pretty crapy on yesterday, and yes it hurt.

Mile High,
I like the satisfaction you get when the Broncos stink. Nothing like a BRONCO FAN saying I told you so after the Broncos start to play TERRIBLE. You must be proud.

Mile High Mania
10-02-2000, 01:45 PM
Hey dipsh!t...
Twist it any way you like. I've been 'realistic' for quite a while. You on the other hand have been an a$$ and now that you've discovered that Denver will not go 12-4, you're out here saying that they suck.

Well, I'm sure after Denver defeats San Diego, you'll be back out here pumping your chest as if that means they'll be back in the SuperBowl.

bishop_74
10-02-2000, 01:58 PM
BroncoBoy

The difference is that MileHigh looks composed... you sound kinda goofy after talking all that trash and then losing two in a row. I actually really respect what Mile High has to say now. He would give me his REALISTIC and objective viewpoint on a game, and I would give him props for at least having some credibility. I just want to make you feel bad! You ask for it. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by bishop_74 (edited 10-02-2000).]

KCWolfman
10-02-2000, 03:55 PM
Hey, one of my favorite games, smack the arrogant bronc fan.....

tag, you're it.

Over-Head
10-02-2000, 04:18 PM
Funny,,I took my lumps the other day saying somthing like that...i'm just going to sit back and watch.
But do you guy's mind if I ask him how long he's been without his medication?

BroncoFan
10-02-2000, 04:23 PM
Chief fans are just plain stupid. Don't all you realize that you team blows just as bad as the Broncos do? I am not worried, KC will give me plenty to work with this season. They always do. Hope you win tonight.

bishop_74
10-02-2000, 04:24 PM
OH, nah, we have our battles. I think (I hope) he knows it's all in good fun. It is just a game after all, and I wouldn't be willing to do any physical, or mental, damage to anyone over competetiveness. I really like to just bask in the sun until the sun goes down. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

California Injun
10-02-2000, 04:25 PM
Isn't Vance the same guy as Nobu/Mortimor on the KCBB?

If it is then he's doing his Xmas shopping for the 2001 season on the heels of this infamous thread;

"The Broncos will not lose until I've finished my Christmas shopping".

Honestly now, I cannot make this stuff up!

Over-Head
10-02-2000, 04:27 PM
BAD choice of word's bad,bad,bad....Go take a look at what they do to somone who calles them stupid in here.(check the post by me with around 80 hit's on it)The bruises are healing nicely gentelmen,thank's for the ego check by the way.

bishop_74
10-02-2000, 04:27 PM
Ahhhh, it's just smoke blowin' now. It's just not fun anymore after they lost to the Pat's...

Over-Head
10-02-2000, 04:30 PM
Bishop,,did you read my post of admitting I was wrong by any chance?
Not trying to beat a dead horse,,just would rather not be told to "Blow it out my short's" every time I come to visit.

bishop_74
10-02-2000, 04:33 PM
Actually, I saw you in action yesterday man. Whew, damn!!! I am sorry man. You really got to be careful. Unfortunately, when you trip around here, there is entirely too much horsesh1t in which to fall. See ya guys in the morning... time for me to head to class.<P>

Over-Head
10-02-2000, 04:36 PM
I'll go with ya there bishop!
The new @ss hawaiianboy tore me,although totally self inflected...is healing nicely

KCWolfman
10-02-2000, 04:57 PM
Vance just keeps giving fuel, doesnt he?

"Chief fans are just plain stupid."

Cut and pasted....

At least Chiefs fans werent touting their team as the cream of the AFC in preseason.

If Chiefs fans are "stupid" then some bronc fans are just plain moronic assinine idiots.

------------------
Puttin' on my game face!

Gracie Dean
10-02-2000, 06:12 PM
Sure is fun to watch two bronco fans fighting here!!!

Gaz
10-05-2000, 01:55 PM
I was going to let this go until I saw BroncoFan hooting on another post about how intelligent he is. Lest the newcomers to this BB take him at his word, here is the best indication of BroncoFan’s intelligence:

His own words.

xoxo~
gaz
putting the record straight.<BR>

TEX
10-05-2000, 02:30 PM
Wow....Broncos look DAMN GOOD....from the Chiefs REAR VIEW mirror!

I just can't help myself...this is to much fun!!!!

Iowanian
10-05-2000, 02:44 PM
KCTEX,

I'm having a little trouble seeing how good the broncos look, they are getting smaller and smaller in that rearview mirror http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

CHIEF1
10-05-2000, 02:45 PM
Broncofan, if the Chargerless beat you on Sunday your season is over. They will never recover from back to back losses to winless teams.

TEX
10-05-2000, 11:51 PM
Iowanian,
It is indeed hard to tell the Donx from road kill!

BroncoFan
10-15-2000, 07:46 PM
Gaz,

Thought you might forget to bring this back up to the top, thought I would help you out.

Bishop,

Damn, I should take it easy on the gaz man, my smack is really fresh, dog!

BroncoFan
11-21-2000, 10:26 AM
Gaz,

Just for you. You make me smile.

~xoxo
BroncoFan
Wondering if Chief fans will ever learn?

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-21-2000, 11:28 AM
Yeah, those Broncos look TERRIFIC!!! Beating an 0-10 team by 1 point, helping the RB for the hapless Bungles set an all time rushing record! (I don't care if he IS Corey Dillon... he's only 1 man, and about the only decent player they have. The Broncs should have stacked the line against him, since no one else on the team is a threat.)

Oh H*LL yeah! I'd be REAL proud if I were a Bronc fan!!

lol!
Not saying the Chiefs look better, just saying the Broncs aren't going anywhere in the postseason either.

bishop_74
11-21-2000, 11:41 AM
Don't we have one more game against the Bronco's. Hmmm, well, what happens if we sweep the Bronco's... AGAIN! Guess we'll have to wait and see. You haven't beaten us yet BF.

Gaz
11-21-2000, 11:42 AM
Yosef-

BF’s team has bought him the right to arf on us. His team is playing better football than our team. The Chiefs are in total disarray right now and embarrassing us red & gold loyalists. If the Chiefs beat the Broncos at Arrowhead, we can then defend ourselves. Until that time, we must tolerate and accept the abuse, as it is no less than our team deserves.

xoxo~
gaz
assuming the position.<BR>

bishop_74
11-21-2000, 11:46 AM
But I agree, we deserve every bit of it. Man this sucks.

BroncoFan
11-21-2000, 11:58 AM
Gaz, Bishop

Wow, can't believe you posted that. I am impressed. How impressed? No more smack from me.

IMO the Chiefs have not been all that bad. Yeah, they have lost a couple they should not have, but they have showed some real promise at times. Chiefs are a better team than their record indicates. In fact, I am suprised all of you have been so down. I personaly think that the Chiefs will still make a run at the playoffs. I realise that they are a long shot right now, but with a little luck, stringing 5 wins together would not be impossible.

Now the Broncos, who the hell knows? Could lose all 5, could win all 5. Our defense shuts down Gannon, but decides that Ryan leaf is just too damn good to stop. Broncos are a crap shoot.

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 11-21-2000).]

bishop_74
11-21-2000, 12:03 PM
Thanks BF,
You think you might be able to snipe our coaches??? I think you could get away with it... us Chief fans have an obvious motive.

Blind ref
11-21-2000, 12:07 PM
Hey Yosef, I'd rather beat an 0-10 team by 1 point and be 7-4 than lose 3 straight and be 5-6.

Get a clue.

BroncoFan
11-21-2000, 12:14 PM
Bishop,

Funny you should ask. Check out this discussion on the Bronco bb
http://talk.denverpost.com/webx/cgi-bin/WebX?13@95.eFhKaXnHdkB^0@.ee808fd/0

The discussion is about our DC, Greg Robinson. He is a pretty terrible DC, and everyone is talking about who to get at the end of the season to replace him. Gunther seems to be at the top of the list.

My opinion, my username is AustinBronco, go check out the thread, my post is #15 in the discussion.

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 11-21-2000).]

Baby Lee
11-21-2000, 12:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR> Chiefs are a better team than their record indicates. In fact, I am suprised all of you have been so down. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think its a reflection of what I have held all along. A patty-cake defense is the most demoralizng thing a team you support can display. Weak STs, that's part of the 'wackiness' of football. Weak O, so long as the D is there, at least we stay in the game all the way through. Weak D, WHY EVEN TRY??? Everything good the rest of the team manages to do will be erased the moment the other teams' O steps on the field.

Mosbonian
11-21-2000, 01:04 PM
Sorry guys, but I won't assume the position on this one.

To have a Bronco fan come in here and snipe about a record built on a softer schedule, a team who lost to the Bungles, and let a good RB break an all-time single game rushing record on them, doesn't make me want to cower in the corner.

We lost to the Colts, Titans, Raiders(twice),
San Fran(at their home), and Buffalo. All of those teams with the exception of San Fran are in the hunt for a playoff spot with the Raiders and the Titans being the best in the league.

Now on the other hand the Broncs losses have come at the hand of the Rams, KC, New England, Cincinnati, not exactly what you call a stellar list of losses. On the other hand they have beaten the Raiders twice, but one could argue that if the weather hadn't been so sloppy that the outcome might have been much different.

Their wins have come at the hands of the Raiders(twice), Atlanta, Cleveland,San Diego (twice, once barely to a Leaf-led team), and the neurotic Jets. The only impressive wins there are over the Raiders.

Sorry if I don't cower, but I wouldn't go to their board if our record was the same as their's and their record was the same as our's right now.

mmaddog

------------------
Kilgore is a noun, not a verb..

bishop_74
11-21-2000, 01:06 PM
BF,
That dude is all you bro. I respect his drive, but not his weakness for loyalty. It will be his undoing, along with our team unfortunately. I hope he can muster up enough respect to get a job as at least a DC after the season is over, he really blew it as HC for us this year. Are you from Austin too?

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-21-2000, 01:47 PM
Blind Ref, regarding #49, I would rather be in our position. Why? Well, we're going to get A) a better draft choice, B) an easier schedule, and C) a housecleaning. Sure, I'd rather have more wins, if they'll mean something, but they won't. Broncos will finish second in the division, and WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. So, they gain nothing.

The Broncs don't really need C, but A and B sure help.

As for telling me to get a clue, who the *&#$*&@@ do you think you are, you *&$#*&@#& newbie? Hang around for awhile, post some, get some credibility (like Joe Seahawk, MileHigh and of COURSE all the KC regulars) and then maybe I'll give some weight to your opinions. Until then, **** off.

lol, defending CP.

Well fellas, I'm outta here for the next four days. Going to Colorado. Have a good one!

BroncoFan
11-21-2000, 01:51 PM
Bishop,

Yeah, I am from Austin, great place to live. As long as you don't let the worthless cowboy fans ruin your Sunday.

Mark Kilgore,

Yeah, Broncos have blown it quite a few times this year, as have the Chiefs. Both team have played well enought to give both you and I hope. I realize that the Chiefs have let you down here recently, but take it from an outsider with a little perspective, the Chiefs have played some pretty good football at times this season. Chiefs will get better as will the Broncos.

BroncoFan
11-21-2000, 02:00 PM
Bishop,

Austin too? I take it your from Austin also then. If you are interested, me and a couple Chief fans, if you can believe it, watch the Chief game every Sunday at the local sports bar.

You would be proud of me, I even root for the Chiefs! Ofcourse, I do this wearing my Bronco jersey. Everyone manages to have a good time. No fights, no problems, good football, and plenty of beer.

bishop_74
11-21-2000, 02:02 PM
Where do you go. I usually go to Clicks South. But I have been residing in Marble Falls lately and will be for the next couple of months. I make it in town just about everyday. Let me know whats up?

dherron@capnet.state.tx.us

Over-Head
11-21-2000, 05:49 PM
But not as good as the RAIDERS!!!!!