PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton may be leading her Democratic rivals

Chiefs Express II
05-14-2006, 07:12 AM
Hillary Clinton may be leading her Democratic rivals in the polls and in fund raising, but she faces "possibly insurmountable" problems in landing her party's nomination for president in 2008, according to a leading liberal pundit.

With President Bush's administration on the ropes in his second term, "every Democratic contender will be offering change, but activists will be demanding the sort of change that can come only from outside the Beltway," says Markos Moulitsas, founder of the political blog Daily Kos.

"And therein lies Hillary Clinton's biggest problem. She epitomizes the 'insider' label ... She's part of the Clinton machine that decimated the national Democratic Party."

Writing in the Washington Post, Moulitsas notes that at this point in the last presidential cycle, insiders such as John Kerry and Richard Gephardt were the clear favorites for the Democratic nomination, and no one foresaw the emergence of the Howard Dean candidacy.

"But the netroots - the far-flung collection of grass-roots political activists organizing online - proved to be a different world, one unencumbered by Washington's conventional wisdom," reports Moulitsas, co-author of "Crashing the Gate: Netroots, Grassroots, and the Rise of People-Powered Politics."

Dean was soon outpacing his rivals in fund raising, and although he lost, "the point was made," Moulitsas observes.

"Hillary Clinton seems unable to recognize this new reality. She seems ill-equipped to tap into the Net-energized wing of her party."

Instead, pollster Mark Penn has advised the Clinton team to ignore the party's netroots activists as "irrelevant," according to Moulitsas.

He concludes: "Money and star power go a long way, but the netroots is now many times larger than it was only three years ago.

"We regard Hillary Clinton's candidacy as anything but inevitable. Her obstacles are big, and from this vantage point, possibly insurmountable."

Lake
05-14-2006, 10:59 AM
She does not have a shot at all. We should all stop making her dick hard by pretending that she can win a primary, a nomination, or even become POTUS.

Chiefs Express II
05-14-2006, 03:18 PM
She does not have a shot at all. We should all stop making her dick hard by pretending that she can win a primary, a nomination, or even become POTUS.

We all know that she doesn't have a chance, it's just fun to see the libs drool over anything hillary.

Nightwish
05-14-2006, 05:37 PM
I think this country is ready, or nearly ready for a female President. But it won't be Hillary, she's too controversial. And at this point, I don't think the Democrats could pull that off with anyone else. First they're going to have to get back into power, prove their ability to lead this country back in the right direction, both in terms of the economy and the WoT, and get the population comfortable with Democratic leadership again. Once those things are accomplished, then they can look at upping the ante by propping up a female candidate.

Chiefs Express II
05-14-2006, 05:51 PM
I think this country is ready, or nearly ready for a female President. But it won't be Hillary, she's too controversial. And at this point, I don't think the Democrats could pull that off with anyone else. First they're going to have to get back into power, prove their ability to lead this country back in the right direction, both in terms of the economy and the WoT, and get the population comfortable with Democratic leadership again. Once those things are accomplished, then they can look at upping the ante by propping up a female candidate.

I don't have a problem with a woman as president but as you said, Hillary is not that woman.

I don't know who would be a good candidate, either party, but who ever she is there will have to be some concessions from the good-ole-boys in each of the major political parties.

Nightwish
05-14-2006, 05:58 PM
I still think Oprah should run!

Lake
05-14-2006, 06:04 PM
We all know that Mrs. Chiefs Express II is the right woman for the job.