PDA

View Full Version : Another open letter, of a much different kind...

htismaqe
05-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Chiefs Express and his current iterations have been banned.

This includes a partial IP ban that he has obvious ways of getting around. However, the upside is that it doesn't punish Radar Chief or anyone else.

Let it be known that this is a private bulletin board and participation here is not a right, it is a priviledge.

unlurking
05-16-2006, 10:15 AM
OK, what'd I miss? Can I remove CE and CE II from my iggy list?

Mr. Kotter
05-16-2006, 10:17 AM
OK, what'd I miss? Can I remove CE and CE II from my iggy list?

You didn't miss anything. Very little of what's posted in DC is worthy of being viewed these days.....

Radar Chief
05-16-2006, 10:19 AM
You didn't miss anything. Very little of what's posted in DC is worthy of being viewed these days.....

Same as it ever was.

:shrug:

Cochise
05-16-2006, 10:25 AM
I wonder, is it possible to ban every IP from that provider besides Radar's?

Mr. Kotter
05-16-2006, 10:29 AM

Pretty much. Although the tinfoil-hat conspiracy theories floating around here these days have taken it to a new level.....

Iowanian
05-16-2006, 11:00 AM
I must not read enough....I didn't know he was anymore of an antagonist than about a half dozen other politics-mostly posters.

htismaqe
05-16-2006, 11:08 AM
I must not read enough....I didn't know he was anymore of an antagonist than about a half dozen other politics-mostly posters.

Maybe not on the surface.

Behind the scenes, huge difference.

Iowanian
05-16-2006, 11:10 AM
I guess I went through a short period of PMs and an email or two...but I've obviously missed some stuff.

I don't care...Weeding out dipshit is always good for this garden.

banyon
05-16-2006, 11:37 AM

If you aren't part of the solution, then...

Mr. Kotter
05-16-2006, 11:41 AM
If you aren't part of the solution, then...then you are 'insoluble'?

Yeah, well, I've always had a stubborn streak. Heh. :p

Pitt Gorilla
05-16-2006, 11:48 AM
You didn't miss anything. Very little of what's posted in DC is worthy of being viewed these days.....And yet, you remain.

Mr. Kotter
05-16-2006, 11:53 AM
And yet, you remain.Remain? At CP? Sure. Occasional gander at the carnage of the ideological circle jerk that this place (DC) has become? A couple of looks a day (or to respond to a posting directed at me), sure; it's kinda like the bearded lady at the circus.....it's hard not to look.

Logical
05-16-2006, 12:18 PM
You didn't miss anything. Very little of what's posted in DC is worthy of being viewed these days.....Don't you feel hypocritical when 23% of your last 100 posts are in the DC forum. If this place is so bad what are you doing here so much of the time?

Logical
05-16-2006, 12:19 PM
Remain? At CP? Sure. Occasional gander at the carnage of the ideological circle jerk that this place (DC) has become? A couple of looks a day (or to respond to a posting directed at me), sure; it's kinda like the bearded lady at the circus.....it's hard not to look.23% of your postings out of the last 100 is hardly just an occasional look.

Taco John
05-16-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm with Kotter. I miss the old days, when this forum wasn't an ideological circle jerk, and instead was a utopian discourse.

BIG_DADDY
05-16-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm with Kotter. I miss the old days, when this forum wasn't an ideological circle jerk, and instead was a utopian discourse.

It's Bush's fault.

Logical
05-16-2006, 02:48 PM

Do you suppose Plato, Aristotle and Socrates set around lamenting the days before their philosophical arguments became ideological circle jerks?

I can just see it now

Plato: OK, what'd I miss?

Socrates: You didn't miss anything. Very little of what's discussed anymore is worthy of being debated these days.....

stevieray
05-16-2006, 03:54 PM

He's not.

Boozer
05-16-2006, 03:56 PM
He's not.

For the good of the board, would you please name these six individuals who send harassing PMs, send threatening emails, and make harassing phone calls?

stevieray
05-16-2006, 04:00 PM
For the good of the board, would you please name these six individuals who send harassing PMs, send threatening emails, and make harassing phone calls?

Like everyone here is a boy scout.

:rolleyes:

the pile ons are as immature as the disparaging behavior committed by Tom.

Logical
05-16-2006, 04:11 PM

That is not the same Stevie as calling peoples homes, sending peoples wives emails, etc. Your equating the two is very suprising.

Boozer
05-16-2006, 04:15 PM

You really think a grade school-level pile on is as bad as sending someone an email threatening to harm his wife? Please.

stevieray
05-16-2006, 04:18 PM
That is not the same Stevie as calling peoples homes, sending peoples wives emails, etc. Your equating the two is very suprising.

so iin essence, because it's the internet, people won't cross the line?

people target and murder people they meet off the internet.

JD is all the proof we need that just because most of us can handle it, there are those who obviously can't.

I'd never condone the above mentioned actions, but it doesn't surprise me that someone would whine when their actions have the potential to put their own family members at risk.

That's like a white boy assuming it's ok to walk in an African American club and use a racial slur, then wonder why he's getting his ass kicked.

Mr. Kotter
05-16-2006, 04:18 PM
23% of your postings out of the last 100 is hardly just an occasional look.
What's the quote: "Lies, damn lies, and.....Statistics....?"

Considering I wasn't "on" over this past weekend, and considering my Mon & Fri postings do usually include those "ganders" into DC (including responses to someone)....I'd argue a better guage would be the percentage of threads I post on: which is 7 out of 56, for the last two weeks. That may still qualify as more than an occasional gander in your book, but it's a lot less than I use to....but whatever.

EDIT: I see why you stopped at 100.....300, or 500 post trends would not have served your purpose....heh.

26 in DC, out of the last 300
67 in DC, out of the last 500

I suspect, it was LESS than 10 % during the actual FB season....but whatever floats your boat.

BTW, I hope all is well with your health, Jim. Cheers. :toast:

stevieray
05-16-2006, 04:20 PM
You really think a grade school-level pile on is as bad as sending someone an email threatening to harm his wife? Please.

I think that it takes two to tango, and pileons play their part.

Boozer
05-16-2006, 04:23 PM
so iin essence, because it's the internet, people won't cross the line?

people target and murder people they meet off the internet.

JD is all the proof we need that just because most of us can handle it, there are those who obviously can't.

I'd never condone the above mentioned actions, but it doesn't surprise me that someone would whine when their actions have the potential to put their own family members at risk.

That's like a white boy assuming it's ok to walk in an African American club and use a racial slur, then wonder why he's getting his ass kicked.

And here we have a great example of the "blame the victim" mentality. Yes, because you smart off to people on an Internet message board, you're to blame because some psycho messes with your real life.

Sully
05-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Of Course.
When she dresses that way, she is asking to be raped!!!

patteeu
05-16-2006, 04:36 PM
I think it's fair to criticize the pile-on's without having to defend the actions of the pilee. I don't think those criticisms are the equivalent of blaming an innocent victim at all. Now it might be a little off the mark to equate on-board pileons with threats and off-board actions, but those threats and off-board actions don't cleanse the acts of the pilers, IMO.

Boozer
05-16-2006, 04:39 PM
I think it's fair to criticize the pile-on's without having to defend the actions of the pilee. I don't think those criticisms are the equivalent of blaming an innocent victim at all. Now it might be a little off the mark to equate on-board pileons with threats and off-board actions, but those threats and off-board actions don't cleanse the acts of the pilers, IMO.

It's a strange complaint, though, when one member is getting banned for engaging in a pattern of off-board harassment, to bring up the on-board harassment of others. Especially when on-board harassment is such a part of the culture here at the Planet. ;)

Sully
05-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Everyone piles on anyone whenever they get the chance, Pat. You do it, Elvis does it, we all do it in our own way. Is there a line? Yeah, I think there is, was that line crossed with him? Not that I saw, but I'm still fairly new to the board.

patteeu
05-16-2006, 04:57 PM
It's a strange complaint, though, when one member is getting banned for engaging in a pattern of off-board harassment, to bring up the on-board harassment of others. Especially when on-board harassment is such a part of the culture here at the Planet. ;)

Very rarely does the onboard harrassment go to the lengths that it did with CE, IMO.

Everyone piles on anyone whenever they get the chance, Pat. You do it, Elvis does it, we all do it in our own way. Is there a line? Yeah, I think there is, was that line crossed with him? Not that I saw, but I'm still fairly new to the board.

I don't agree that everyone does it "whenever they get the chance." I'm sure you don't really mean that. I know that I don't and Elvis doesn't and for the most part I don't think there are many who do. The CE situation was beyond normal ChiefsPlanet pile-ons. There are a few others who might be able to say they've been targeted like CE (GoChiefs, memyselfi, Chiefs4me), but very few.

stevieray
05-16-2006, 05:01 PM
And here we have a great example of the "blame the victim" mentality. Yes, because you smart off to people on an Internet message board, you're to blame because some psycho messes with your real life.

Hardly. sounds to me like people think we can say whatever we want and because it is the internet, we get a free pass on reprucussions. We've all said things we wouldn't say in person, why is that?

He's banned, yet people can't stop talking about him. For someone who so many dislike, the amount of energy spent is mind boggling, and indicitive of participation. Piling on isn't the solution, just a contributing factor.

Hey, you might know this, being a lawyer and all, isn't there legislation in the works about this very thing?

Boozer
05-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey, you might know this, being a lawyer and all, isn't there legislation in the works about this very thing?

Couldn't tell ya.

banyon
05-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Couldn't tell ya.

You mean they no longer keep law students apprised of all upcoming legislation? :p

BucEyedPea
05-16-2006, 06:28 PM
What I wanna know is who is this Redrum69 dude with no posts but does the Rep thing....weird ones at that. Seems like a bi-poster?
'Cause I checked out the profile and he/she has NEVER posted?

Anyhow, I only discovered the rep button and where the comments are at the end of last week. I thought it was just something you peeps said on the board to one another. I didn't think it was real.

So,I was not being an ungrateful snob here by not responding, but thank you to all I have not acknowledged on their reps including the "welcomes."

So now who's this redrum dude?

Sully
05-16-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't agree that everyone does it "whenever they get the chance." I'm sure you don't really mean that. I know that I don't and Elvis doesn't and for the most part I don't think there are many who do. The CE situation was beyond normal ChiefsPlanet pile-ons. There are a few others who might be able to say they've been targeted like CE (GoChiefs, memyselfi, Chiefs4me), but very few.

Your Sig line could be considered a "pile on" if we are defining things that happened to that guy pile ons. Is a stupid statement deserving of a little bit of ridicule? I think that's been the standard. But let's not pretend you are above it, while your sig line is doing the exact same thing.
Elvis loves to bring hate from threads entirely unrelated to bear on a poster that he dislikes. It has happened to me a few times, and others that I've seen as well. Again, this is no different from what I saw TC subjected to, other than the response.
Perhaps I didn't mean "everybody" as a sweeping staement like that is sure to be disproved. but I do believe that MOST normal posters do it in one way or another, including you and me.

Logical
05-16-2006, 06:55 PM

Considering I wasn't "on" over this past weekend, and considering my Mon & Fri postings do usually include those "ganders" into DC (including responses to someone)....I'd argue a better guage would be the percentage of threads I post on: which is 7 out of 56, for the last two weeks. That may still qualify as more than an occasional gander in your book, but it's a lot less than I use to....but whatever.

EDIT: I see why you stopped at 100.....300, or 500 post trends would not have served your purpose....heh.

26 in DC, out of the last 300
67 in DC, out of the last 500

I suspect, it was LESS than 10 % during the actual FB season....but whatever floats your boat.

BTW, I hope all is well with your health, Jim. Cheers. :toast:

NO I actually just used the search function for posts the last week or newer. You just happpened to have exactly 100 posts at that point, 23 of which were in DC.

Thanks for the concern.

Logical
05-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Hardly. sounds to me like people think we can say whatever we want and because it is the internet, we get a free pass on reprucussions. We've all said things we wouldn't say in person, why is that?

He's banned, yet people can't stop talking about him. For someone who so many dislike, the amount of energy spent is mind boggling, and indicitive of participation. Piling on isn't the solution, just a contributing factor.

First anything I say on here I would say to you in person. Coincidently I do not expect that you would come to my home and threaten my children or wife nor should anyone else. I find your logic quite odd, it is more like because in real life people get harmed by individuals they casually meet you expect that to happen as an ordinary everyday occurrence. Not a criminal activity that should be punished.

Logical
05-16-2006, 07:01 PM
What I wanna know is who is this Redrum69 dude with no posts but does the Rep thing....weird ones at that. Seems like a bi-poster?
'Cause I checked out the profile and he/she has NEVER posted?

Anyhow, I only discovered the rep button and where the comments are at the end of last week. I thought it was just something you peeps said on the board to one another. I didn't think it was real.

So,I was not being an ungrateful snob here by not responding, but thank you to all I have not acknowledged on their reps including the "welcomes."

So now who's this redrum dude?

redrum69 is an alterego of one of our regulars (most suspect Phobia) that is used to post bizarre and mostly humorous little tidbits in your rep.

stevieray
05-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Your Sig line could be considered a "pile on" if we are defining things that happened to that guy pile ons. Is a stupid statement deserving of a little bit of ridicule? I think that's been the standard. But let's not pretend you are above it, while your sig line is doing the exact same thing.
Elvis loves to bring hate from threads entirely unrelated to bear on a poster that he dislikes. It has happened to me a few times, and others that I've seen as well. Again, this is no different from what I saw TC subjected to, other than the response.
Perhaps I didn't mean "everybody" as a sweeping staement like that is sure to be disproved. but I do believe that MOST normal posters do it in one way or another, including you and me.

I've already admitted that I've engaged in less than civil behavior.. Stop hitting on me.

Sully
05-16-2006, 07:11 PM
I've already admitted that I've engaged in less than civil behavior.. Stop hitting on me.

I'm not criticizing. Just pointing out that those who seem to be acting "above the fray" in regards to this... aren't.

BucEyedPea
05-16-2006, 07:31 PM
redrum69 is an alterego of one of our regulars (most suspect Phobia) that is used to post bizarre and mostly humorous little tidbits in your rep.

Thanks. Kinda what I thought. So the sexual innuendos on my Mom are meant to be bizarre humour. Okay cool. :)

Adept Havelock
05-16-2006, 08:37 PM
If you aren't part of the solution, then...you are part of the precipitate?

[edit] Damn, Kotter beat me to the joke. :cuss:

Seriously, this is good news. Well done, o keeper of the Terrance Stamp avatar.

One of my favorites, from one of Englands greatest PM's. Good old Disraeli. The man was so great, Steely Dan wrote an album about him. :p

patteeu
05-16-2006, 10:11 PM

My sig line comes from a 1v1 conflict I had with Dale Mercer. To the extent that there was a pile-on, I wasn't the one who joined it. In fact, all of my posts were directly related to our 1v1 dialogue for a couple of days either as a direct response to a post Dale aimed at me or as a reference to one of his posts aimed at me in my response to another poster. It was only after multiple neg reps from Dale that I even mentioned some of the other things he said to other posters. Maybe your definition of pile-on is different than mine. My sig line has nothing to do with a pile-on.

And BTW, it was the "whenever they get the chance" part that I objected to although you make a good point about the "everybody" too. I never said I was above getting involved in a pile-on on, I said I don't do it every chance I get. In fact, I rarely participate in one. To the extent that I didn't back off of my conflict with Dale Mercer when others decided to get involved, I guess I was a participant in one, but seeing as how I was the first guy in, it's hardly fair to lay that one on me. You follow hockey, you know how it works.

Lurch
05-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Oh, Sully...the drive in instinctive; it is, irrepressible....

:whackit:

:hump:

Pitt Gorilla
05-16-2006, 10:37 PM

ROFL

Taco John
05-16-2006, 10:41 PM

For the record, I"m not a Boy Scout...

I'm a Royal Ranger.

http://rangernet.org/rremb.gif

Boozer
05-16-2006, 10:44 PM
For the record, I"m not a Boy Scout...

I'm a Royal Ranger.

http://rangernet.org/rremb.gif

You're some kind of ranger....

Taco John
05-16-2006, 10:45 PM
For the record... I am withdrawing my accusation of Tom with regards to the personal threat that I received anonymously via email. Tom made a good point that I cannot prove that he was the party responsible, and after reflection, he's right. While I believe it was rational to come to the conclusion based on the history he has with me and with this board in general, I cannot, beyond a shadow of a doubt prove that it was him, and thus recsind the accusation.

Taco John
05-16-2006, 10:46 PM
You're some kind of ranger....

Ooooooooooooooohhhhhh!

*shaking fist at you angrily!*

Boozer
05-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Ooooooooooooooohhhhhh!

*shaking fist at you angrily!*

OK gramps, I'll get off of your lawn.

Lurch
05-16-2006, 11:10 PM
You're some kind of ranger....Rump ranger, to state the obvious. Heh. For what it's worth, congrats on 10K man. Although, given the same time at the Planet as you have had....I guess I'll kick your ass. Though, I'm not certain as to how I'll feel about that.

Lurch
05-16-2006, 11:15 PM
For the record... I am withdrawing my accusation of Tom with regards to the personal threat that I received anonymously via email. Tom made a good point that I cannot prove that he was the party responsible, and after reflection, he's right. While I believe it was rational to come to the conclusion based on the history he has with me and with this board in general, I cannot, beyond a shadow of a doubt prove that it was him, and thus recsind the accusation.

Flying off the handle like that is never good.....probably was stevie ray, or patteuu, or Radar Chief, or Kotter, or MOhillbilly, or Phobia, or Bob Dole, or frazod, or one of those other irrate Donko haters. Ya know, man?

Boozer
05-16-2006, 11:20 PM
Rump ranger, to state the obvious. Heh. For what it's worth, congrats on 10K man. Although, given the same time at the Planet as you have had....I guess I'll kick your ass. Though, I'm not certain as to how I'll feel about that.

Thanks. My posting peakes in 2003, 2004-present has been really slow.

Boozer
05-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Flying off the handle like that is never good.....probably was stevie ray, or patteuu, or Radar Chief, or Kotter, or MOhillbilly, or Phobia, or Bob Dole, or frazod, or one of those other irrate Donko haters. Ya know, man?

That's unpossible. Kotter said that Taco and Frazod were the same person. ;)

|Zach|
05-16-2006, 11:52 PM
Ha.

Logical
05-17-2006, 12:22 AM
Rump ranger, to state the obvious. Heh. For what it's worth, congrats on 10K man. Although, given the same time at the Planet as you have had....I guess I'll kick your ass. Though, I'm not certain as to how I'll feel about that.Don't sweat it, a lot of us post in a single month what you have posted in 8 months. Hell Endo can do it in a weeks binge.;)

burt
05-17-2006, 12:59 AM
My sig line comes from a 1v1 conflict I had with Dale Mercer. To the extent that there was a pile-on, I wasn't the one who joined it. In fact, all of my posts were directly related to our 1v1 dialogue for a couple of days either as a direct response to a post Dale aimed at me or as a reference to one of his posts aimed at me in my response to another poster. It was only after multiple neg reps from Dale that I even mentioned some of the other things he said to other posters. Maybe your definition of pile-on is different than mine. My sig line has nothing to do with a pile-on.

And BTW, it was the "whenever they get the chance" part that I objected to although you make a good point about the "everybody" too. I never said I was above getting involved in a pile-on on, I said I don't do it every chance I get. In fact, I rarely participate in one. To the extent that I didn't back off of my conflict with Dale Mercer when others decided to get involved, I guess I was a participant in one, but seeing as how I was the first guy in, it's hardly fair to lay that one on me. You follow hockey, you know how it works.

And it all turns out that it was because you didn't read my full posts???? Damn, you, adept and vlad must be proud.

htismaqe
05-17-2006, 05:53 AM
I'm only going to say one thing further about this topic...

Look at the conversation that has taken place in this very thread, sans the person that is the subject of the conversation.

There's no warfare, no threats...in fact, it's quite civil, even though there's two definite sides to the argument.

It tells me, at least, what a big part of the problem was.

Count Alex's Wins
05-17-2006, 06:36 AM
Tom lied, people died.

patteeu
05-17-2006, 06:54 AM
And it all turns out that it was because you didn't read my full posts???? Damn, you, adept and vlad must be proud.

Not really. It's true that I didn't read your earlier posts in that thread and as a result it was easier for me to misjudge your intentions toward gays, but it was you who failed to communicate clearly and it was you who couldn't control your anger and it was you who tried to start a rep war (which, as Vlad pointed out to you in the other thread, you couldn't win, nevermind the fact that I don't even have my rep turned on, wtf?). As a rule of thumb, if Vlad, Adept, and I all agree that someone is being a dope, the dope should do some introspection.

I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and I'm willing to accept a portion of the responsibility for the communications breakdown, but don't play the victim and blame that thread on everyone but yourself.

patteeu
05-17-2006, 06:57 AM

Look at the conversation that has taken place in this very thread, sans the person that is the subject of the conversation.

There's no warfare, no threats...in fact, it's quite civil, even though there's two definite sides to the argument.

Good point.

Ultra Peanut
05-17-2006, 07:23 AM
Chiefs Express and his current iterations have been banned.Awww. So sad.

Boozer
05-17-2006, 08:45 AM

Well, not exactly true. I just sent Taco a threatening message about his wife via carrier pigeon. It should get there in a few days.

Baby Lee
05-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Well, not exactly true. I just sent Taco a threatening message about his wife via carrier pigeon. It should get there in a few days.
Bad news, that carrier pidgeon was one of Ghost Dog's.
Someone warn Taco's wife not to brush her teeth at the sink!!!!!

Boozer
05-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Bad news, that carrier pidgeon was one of Ghost Dog's.
Someone warn Taco's wife not to brush her teeth at the sink!!!!!

Oh noes! It's out of my control!

burt
05-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Not really. It's true that I didn't read your earlier posts in that thread and as a result it was easier for me to misjudge your intentions toward gays, but it was you who failed to communicate clearly and it was you who couldn't control your anger and it was you who tried to start a rep war (which, as Vlad pointed out to you in the other thread, you couldn't win, nevermind the fact that I don't even have my rep turned on, wtf?). As a rule of thumb, if Vlad, Adept, and I all agree that someone is being a dope, the dope should do some introspection.

I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and I'm willing to accept a portion of the responsibility for the communications breakdown, but don't play the victim and blame that thread on everyone but yourself.

"it was you who couldn't control your anger and it was you who tried to start a rep war" I was mad enough to start a rep war ....and I only have 666 posts...not to bright, on this item!!!!

""As a rule of thumb, if Vlad, Adept, and I all agree that someone is being a dope, the dope should do some introspection." Thus sayetH the 23rd pillar of the TOWERS OF INTELLECT!! When I grow up, I want to be as cool as you three....think you are.

but don't play the victim and blame that thread on everyone but yourself" I said... "And it all turns out that it was because you didn't read my full posts???? Damn, you, adept and vlad must be proud." I guess that's playing the victeim card?? I think not.

Hey, I am done with this.....The tower of intellect and I simply don't play well together, because they are smug, offensive, and not nearly as smart as they believe themselves. Granted...their grammar, and spelling is significantly better than mine...other than that...they "got nutthin". Since we don't play together...I won't play anymore. Not sour grapes...just not willing.

I can not believe that I am the only offended by the pompous, smug, self proclaimed kings of the world. Guess I am. And I find it sad commentary.

BTW...i don't want to beat them up. :p

NewChief
05-17-2006, 09:46 AM
"Thus sayetH the 23rd pillar of the TOWERS OF INTELLECT!! When I grow up, I want to be as cool as you three....think you are.

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I'll just try to clarify something. Patteu wasn't saying that those three are the "towers of intellect." His point was that those three regularly disagree with each other and represent widely divergent opinions that cross the political spectrum. He wasn't trying to emphasize the intellectual superiority of the three, but rather the rarity of their opinions actually lining up.

burt
05-17-2006, 09:59 AM
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I'll just try to clarify something. Patteu wasn't saying that those three are the "towers of intellect." His point was that those three regularly disagree with each other and represent widely divergent opinions that cross the political spectrum. He wasn't trying to emphasize the intellectual superiority of the three, but rather the rarity of their opinions actually lining up.

Thanks for your input...I am glad that I could give them something to agree on. :)

patteeu
05-17-2006, 10:13 AM

Yes, thanks. I should have probably been more clear on that point.

jspchief
05-17-2006, 10:33 AM
For the record... I am withdrawing my accusation of Tom with regards to the personal threat that I received anonymously via email. Tom made a good point that I cannot prove that he was the party responsible, and after reflection, he's right. While I believe it was rational to come to the conclusion based on the history he has with me and with this board in general, I cannot, beyond a shadow of a doubt prove that it was him, and thus recsind the accusation.Does this mean you're also going to rescind your accusations of government involvement in the 9/11 attacks?

When has proof ever been a requisite for you? Have you lost your burst?

Nightwish
05-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Pretty much. Although the tinfoil-hat conspiracy theories floating around here these days have taken it to a new level.....
Do you mean the left-wing tinfoil hat conspiracies, like the 9/11 thing, or the right-wing tinfoil hat conspiracies, like the gay agenda thing?

Cochise
05-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Does this mean you're also going to rescind your accusations of government involvement in the 9/11 attacks?

When has proof ever been a requisite for you? Have you lost your burst?

Yes, that one definitely does come from the 'appalling levels of irony' files. :spock:

Lake
05-20-2006, 09:28 AM
The pileons are bad. I have been both the pilee and the piler. The best thing to do is really think before pressing the submit reply button on something that is questioable or just go to another forum and check out other shit until we have calmed down. I am glad that this guy is gone. I am also wondering what the hell I am going to do with my free time now. He PMed me as he did many who are here. I do feel left out by not receiving any emails, letters, or calls. He made the claim that he was just trying to show liberals to be the phony people that they are. I tried to call him out on it and he stuck to his guns. I would have to say that this guy comes back. He will be spotted by someone here even if he tries to blend in.

Boozer
05-20-2006, 09:45 AM
I would have to say that this guy comes back. He will be spotted by someone here even if he tries to blend in.

What gives you that idea? The last seven times it's happened? ROFL

Lake
05-20-2006, 10:12 AM
I was only aware of the first five and a half times.