PDA

View Full Version : John Gibson wants to see more white babies

Ultra Peanut
05-17-2006, 07:22 AM
http://mediamatters.org/items/200605120006

Holy shit.

patteeu
05-17-2006, 07:32 AM
I think it's more accurate to say he wants more American (as in US) babies. Since, as he says, the hispanics are already doing their part, that leaves the rest of us to pick up the pace.

Ultra Peanut
05-17-2006, 07:46 AM
I think it's more accurate to say he wants more American (as in US) babies.And by US you mean white.

patteeu
05-17-2006, 08:14 AM
And by US you mean white.

White would be a big part of it, but what I mean is nonforeign. Are you a racist?

BucEyedPea
05-17-2006, 08:28 AM
White would be a big part of it, but what I mean is nonforeign. Are you a racist?

Yes! He's a master peanut. :)

Rausch
05-17-2006, 08:43 AM
I think it's more accurate to say he wants more American (as in US) babies.

But he didn't say that. The man prepares what he says before he goes on the air, it's not like he's out there doing improv.

If he would have said illegals I'd be with him. Having more illegals that Americans would be a problem...

Ultra Peanut
05-17-2006, 08:46 AM
But he didn't say that.Correct. He said, "OH NOES MESSICANS IS GONNA OUTNUMBER US NORMAL AMERICANS!"

banyon
05-17-2006, 08:55 AM
Whether this dude is an idiot or a racist idiot, he's wrong about the "need" to match the overpopulation of areas like India. As long as the population is at a replacement rate, then our "civilization will survive", which is ostensibly his big worry.

jiveturkey
05-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Breeding wars are the best.

jAZ
05-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Nice, pitting the races against each other in a "fear brownie!" campaign. I'm shocked it's from Fox News. Shocked, I tell ya!

memyselfI
05-17-2006, 11:41 AM
He's been on this type of tyrade and saying shit like this for awhile now. And, unlike Lou Dobbs, he's said something that cannot be construed for anything other than what it is, hateful racist rhetoric. Dobbs has walked the line but has yet to cross it...

to his credit. I might not like the intensity of his efforts and believe they are focused on the wrong people but he's not being racist about it.

Pitt Gorilla
05-17-2006, 12:47 PM
I think it's more accurate to say he wants more American (as in US) babies. Since, as he says, the hispanics are already doing their part, that leaves the rest of us to pick up the pace.He says that white people are having enough to sustain and that Hispanics are having their share, so why do we need more?

patteeu
05-17-2006, 04:34 PM
I think it's racist to read racism into this.

jAZ
05-17-2006, 05:00 PM
I think it's racist to read racism into this.
If he had said "Mexicans" (ie, the nation) rather than hispanics (ie, the race), you might be right. But he didn't. You are wrong.

patteeu
05-17-2006, 05:10 PM
If he had said "Mexicans" (ie, the nation) rather than hispanics (ie, the race), you might be right. But he didn't. You are wrong.

I don't think so. And I don't think "Mexican" versus "hispanic" has anything to do with it.

jAZ
05-17-2006, 05:41 PM
I don't think so. And I don't think "Mexican" versus "hispanic" has anything to do with it.
Ok, I went back and re-read his entire statement, and watched the embeded video clip.

If viewed outside the context of his opening remarks, then his language at the end is less directly racist than I thought it was.
To put it bluntly, we need more babies. Forget about that zero population growth stuff that my poor generation was misled on. Why is this important? Because civilizations need population to survive. So far, we are doing our part here in America but Hispanics can't carry the whole load. The rest of you, get busy. Make babies
But given his comments at the front end
Do your duty. Make more babies. That's a lesson drawn out of two interesting stories over the last couple of days.

First, a story yesterday that half of the kids in this country under five years old are minorities. By far, the greatest number are Hispanic. You know what that means? Twenty-five years and the majority of the population is Hispanic. Why is that? Well, Hispanics are having more kids than others.
Put aside his bluring the facts (<50% of 5 year olds are "minority" and largest group are hispanic...) with flawed conclusions (25 years from now 50%+ Americans will be hispanic)...

This basis for his commentary (the suggestion that there is something wrong with having majority "hispanic" population of Americans) frames his thought process for the rest of the statement.

The discussion in general is a worthy discussion, but it's hard to have an honest discussion when the pundit frames it in a negatively racial way like that.

jAZ
05-17-2006, 06:00 PM
To put it another way... his direction to "make babies" isn't racist.

But his attempts to manage the racial makeup of Americans is.

jAZ
05-17-2006, 06:21 PM
http://movies.crooksandliars.com/TCR-Gibson-babies.wmv

Ultra Peanut
05-17-2006, 07:21 PM
I think it's racist to read racism into this.I think you're smarter than this.

the Talking Can
05-17-2006, 08:34 PM
he reports (on the master race), you decide....

tiptap
05-17-2006, 10:32 PM
There is quite a bit of evidence that progress in the ancient world, as far as inventions and technology, was inhibited by slavery. The human was the 'tool' that could do it all. With tons of humans you could afford to use them up and move on to the next one. Overpopulation means a step toward that. We already see a rise in slavery and buying and selling of humans. It is a bad idea.

Duck Dog
05-18-2006, 08:26 AM
Are white people breeding at slower pace than other other races?

jiveturkey
05-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Are white people breeding at slower pace than other other races?My wife and I hired an illegal to do all of our breeding for us. We're rich and we're white so we figured that it was the best thing to do.

We didn't realize that it would lead to the end of whiteness.
:evil: ;) :)

Brock
05-18-2006, 09:06 AM
I like white babies too. The meat is soooo tender.