PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Bush passed high-school Algebra?

Count Alex's Wins
05-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Well?

Nightwish
05-17-2006, 10:54 PM
I voted "Yes, but he had a tutor," but that's just a wild guess. I tried to google it, but found nothing. I've heard that he was a C-average student, but I haven't heard about him actually failing any courses, at least in high school, so I would guess he probably passed it.

Boozer
05-17-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm guessing Algebra is a required course at Andover, and we know he graduated. No word on whether that high school gave "Gentleman's Cs" like Yale did for guys like W. and Kerry.

Frankie
05-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Well he seemed to know about "Fuzzy Math" in his debates with Gore. :p

BucEyedPea
05-18-2006, 01:43 PM
It's not too hard to pass HS algebra.
I was not a good math student up to HS and yet I still managed an 85 in it.
I just decided one day to pay more attention. :)

So I say he passed it.
Educated guess though.

Besides, shouldn't we focus just as much on how sane and rational a leader is?
I mean if he's brilliant, but evil or not rational, wtf good is being real smart?

I also think more focus should be put on Cheney.
In my book, he's the evil mastermind and Bush is just a weak personality who can be controlled by a strong, but not very rational, man such as Cheney.

JMO though.

go bowe
05-18-2006, 01:56 PM
It's not too hard to pass HS algebra.
I was not a good math student up to HS and yet I still managed an 85 in it.
I just decided one day to pay more attention. :)

So I say he passed it.
Educated guess though.

Besides, shouldn't we focus just as much on how sane and rational a leader is?
I mean if he's brilliant, but evil or not rational, wtf good is being real smart?

I also think more focus should be put on Cheney.
In my book, he's the evil mastermind and Bush is just a weak personality who can be controlled by a strong, but not very rational, man such as Cheney.

JMO though.omg, you didn't just diss cheney, did you?

wait til pateeu hears about this... :eek: :eek: :eek:

patteeu
05-18-2006, 03:21 PM

WTF? :cuss: You're killing me! :p

Dick Cheney is a kind, gentle man who loves his daughters and treats his wife like a lady. He's good with pets and if you're an asshole Congressman who leaks classified information, he'll politely tell you to "Go f*** yourself" instead of punching you in the nose. He did have that unfortunate hunting accident, but even after being shot in the face, his good friend couldn't hold it against him. That's how loveable Dick Cheney is when you get to know him. Besides, if Dick Cheney were as evil and powerful as his detractors say, he'd have been named Time's Man of the Year by now.

alpha_omega
05-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Reggie Bush?...oh that's right, i forgot i wondered into D.C.

Nevermind.

BucEyedPea
05-18-2006, 04:02 PM

Dick Cheney is a kind, gentle man who loves his daughters and treats his wife like a lady. He's good with pets and if you're an asshole Congressman who leaks classified information, he'll politely tell you to "Go f*** yourself" instead of punching you in the nose. He did have that unfortunate hunting accident, but even after being shot in the face, his good friend couldn't hold it against him. That's how loveable Dick Cheney is when you get to know him. Besides, if Dick Cheney were as evil and powerful as his detractors say, he'd have been named Time's Man of the Year by now.

I say he is the mastermind, one of them, behind the Iraq thing and according to reports I've read of him in this capacity he's pretty domineering...even if he loves his wife,daughter and pets. The Bush Doctrine of premptive war, which I feel he helped formulate is far more aggressive and belligerent than anything Reagan conducted or believed in. Personally, he seems to have a permanent scowl on his face and sneer to his lips.

Nothing wrong with being a strong personality but sorry patteu, I dislike Cheney immensely for his foreign policy not his private life.
In his private life I have no knowledge or say. Maybe he has some redeeming qualities but that area doesn't affect my life.

Logical
05-18-2006, 05:22 PM
I had to vote No but not because he failed but because I expect he did not take Algebra. I give his nanny credit for being smart enough to have him avoid it. No way one of that nannies children were going to have an F that had to be presented to his parents.

Nightwish
05-18-2006, 05:35 PM
I had to vote No but not because he failed but because I expect he did not take Algebra. I give his nanny credit for being smart enough to have him avoid it. No way one that nannies children were going to have an F that had to be present to his parents.
That's possible. Although algebra is pretty much a requirement everywhere now, it may not have been a required course back in the 60s, or whenever it was he was going through high school.

patteeu
05-18-2006, 06:13 PM
If I were guessing, I'd say No for the same reason Vlad did assuming this is a trick question.

I have no doubt that Bush could have passed Algebra with flying colors on his own if he tried. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bush had a tutor for all of his schoolwork whether it was necessary or not.

Boozer
05-18-2006, 06:50 PM
If I were guessing, I'd say No for the same reason Vlad did assuming this is a trick question.

I have no doubt that Bush could have passed Algebra with flying colors on his own if he tried. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bush had a tutor for all of his schoolwork whether it was necessary or not.

The effort issue is probably key. I'm guessing George was more interested in being a cheerleader than math class.

Nightwish
05-18-2006, 06:55 PM

I have no doubt that Bush could have passed Algebra with flying colors on his own if he tried. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bush had a tutor for all of his schoolwork whether it was necessary or not.That's why I voted "Yes, but he had a tutor." Not as an insult or to suggest he would have needed a tutor to pass high school algebra (hell, my cat could pass high school algebra -- college algebra is another story), but it just seems that in a silver spoon family like that, a tutor for just about everything from algebra to dental hygeine would be par for the course. Hell, they probably had hired help to wipe their asses after they took a constitutional.

patteeu
05-18-2006, 07:41 PM
The effort issue is probably key. I'm guessing George was more interested in being a cheerleader than math class.

That's why I voted "Yes, but he had a tutor." Not as an insult or to suggest he would have needed a tutor to pass high school algebra (hell, my cat could pass high school algebra -- college algebra is another story), but it just seems that in a silver spoon family like that, a tutor for just about everything from algebra to dental hygeine would be par for the course. Hell, they probably had hired help to wipe their asses after they took a constitutional.

Agreed on both counts.

Velvet_Jones
05-19-2006, 10:57 AM

My cousin works with the endowment association at the University of Wyoming. He has met with Cheney several times and says the guy is hilarious on a personal level. My cousin says he very personable and likable.

patteeu
05-19-2006, 11:14 AM
My cousin works with the endowment association at the University of Wyoming. He has met with Cheney several times and says the guy is hilarious on a personal level. My cousin says he very personable and likable.

I'm wearing an "I <3 Cheney" t-shirt right now.

Seriously, I have no doubt that that's true.

Nightwish
05-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Being a nice guy has no bearing on whether or not you're a good guy. Some of the most evil people in history have been downright likeable. In fact, having an amicable personality is one of the things that makes for a successful evil despot. It makes them insidious, and it makes their particular evil hard to spot until you're already caught up in it. Hitler, for instance.

BucEyedPea
05-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Che Guevara is loved by many too.
I even have students wearing his t-shirt in class.

Che-Che-Cheney! ROFL

Frankie
05-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Hey Velvet. Change your Avatar message. It's not funny.