PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Security Question

Rain Man
05-18-2006, 07:38 AM
Anyone know how I can get rid of the error shown in Post #2?

The computer dude came and did a bunch of stuff on my computer, and now every time I try to write a new e-mail, and half the time when I try to reply to an e-mail, I get this error message. It's not a fatal error, but it's irritating to have to turn it off, and then when it appears, it messes up the automatic signature in my e-mails.

Rain Man
05-18-2006, 07:38 AM
Here you go.

htismaqe
05-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Well, I could take this in any number of directions.

The error itself is due to the fact that you're trying to compose emails in HTML format. The direct cause is that you have some type of downloadable content in your signature that violates your PC/Internet Explorer security settings.

The easiest way to get rid of the error, and be a good Netizen in the process, is to use PLAIN TEXT FOR EMAIL. :D

Rain Man
05-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah, all I've got in my signature is a link to our web site that seems pretty basic. I've never had a problem with it, but now I keep getting that message and I can't figure out what setting will make it go away.

htismaqe
05-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah, all I've got in my signature is a link to our web site that seems pretty basic. I've never had a problem with it, but now I keep getting that message and I can't figure out what setting will make it go away.

As a trial, remove the link and see what happens...

Dartgod
05-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Am I the only one who can't read the error message? The image is too small for me to make out what the text says.

htismaqe
05-18-2006, 01:08 PM
It's blurry, but legibile.

Of course, I know what the error message says, I've seen it hundreds of times...

StcChief
05-19-2006, 06:50 AM
Lookout (Outlook) and security can NOT be used in the same sentence.

htismaqe
05-19-2006, 07:20 AM
Lookout (Outlook) and security can NOT be used in the same sentence.

Outlook is perfectly secure when used with TEXT email.