PDA

View Full Version : I must admit, I am at an all-time low as a Royals fan!

cmh6476
05-22-2006, 09:29 AM
I went to the freakin game saturday, and it had to have been the worst time I have ever had at a game. You are sitting there, and more people are cheering for the other team than your damn home team. It was absolutely pathetic.

How could you possibly get into it? Your season is a lost cause, merely a month and a half into the season. No one really cares if the Royals win or lose, yet you have this solid following of a real competitive team, who's fans have taken over your stadium to come and support a winning franchise.

It was pathetic. I just sat there and wathced a baseball game, with about as much disinterest as I have ever had. Hell, the only other game I've been to this year was the first Fri. night game, and even then the fans were quick with the boos as the Royals fell early before they made a late comeback.

How much longer can this go on? When will us KC fans get the chance to get excited about baseball again? This has gone on too damn long, and its only a matter of time before no one really gives a shit.

DMAC
05-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Well, they should just move the team to Albuquerque.

sd4chiefs
05-22-2006, 09:40 AM
And its only May. :deevee:

ChiTown
05-22-2006, 09:42 AM
There's really only one thing left for David Glass to do:

Total Cleansing.

1. Remove his son as President and get a basebll guy in there immediately.

2. Fire Baird and hire someone OUTSIDE this pathetic excuse for an organization that knows how to assemble talent and WINNERS.

3. Keep Bell on a SHORT (very friggen short) leash. Tough to fire him at this point, but he's been miserable as a manager thus far.

4. Keep all the prosepects in the minor leagues for the balance of the season. Let these guys mature and be ready for League in 2007 & 08. No sense in fn these guys up by bringing them around a bunch of gawdamn losers.

5. Get rid of any vet that isn't willing to work hard and be an example for our younger players. We're losing anyway, so we might as well lose with players that AT LEAST play hard.

I'm not watching any more games, and I won't pay one more dollar to go to a game until something decisive happens with this organization. They are a gawdamn disgrace to even call a major league club. Dick Howser and Mr. K have probably turned over in their graves a couple hundred times in the last several years. Worthless.

MVChiefFan
05-22-2006, 09:48 AM
I agree, I'm making a trip to KC for a long weekend and I was thinking about catching the Royals/Devil Rays game. I always go to at least one game a year but I'm finding myself looking less and less forward to it. It's sad but I've actually been on the internet looking for something different to do. :shake:

bkkcoh
05-22-2006, 09:54 AM
there should be a total boycott of the royals baseball games and everyone should go see a T-bones game...

StcChief
05-22-2006, 09:57 AM
Well, they should just move the team to Albuquerque.

So this is the 2006 version of Portland now....
Albuquerque is interested in Royals...???? Inquiring minds wanna know.

Predarat
05-22-2006, 10:22 AM
there should be a total boycott of the royals baseball games and everyone should go see a T-bones game...
The Royals would beat the T-Bones. Once in a five game series.

Scaga
05-22-2006, 10:32 AM
You should sell your loyalty on eBay.
I hear there's good money in it. :banghead:

Predarat
05-22-2006, 10:38 AM
You should sell your loyalty on eBay.
I hear there's good money in it. :banghead:
I tried and didnt get a single bid. Nobody wants a Royals fan either. I bet if a city could vote to get an MLB team and voted yes, if it were announced the next day the team were the Royals, and they held a repeal election one week later the voters would vote to nix the team.

Ari Chi3fs
05-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Well, I felt the same way on Friday night, especially after blowing the 5 run lead.

However, I was also at the Cleveland Indians game last year when we had a huge lead late in the game, only to blow it in a HUGE way.

To sit there in a stadium full of red was very sad indeed. Hell, when Pujols jacked that homer, I even cheered. :cuss:

bkkcoh
05-22-2006, 10:41 AM
A youth movement means decrease your average age, not increase it.

The fans would be extremely tolerant, if they could see the effort there. Now it seems to be a situation that regardless of the score in the game, you are always waiting for the other shoe to drop. :banghead:

Enough is enough.

Coogs
05-22-2006, 10:47 AM
3. Keep Bell on a SHORT (very friggen short) leash. Tough to fire him at this point, but he's been miserable as a manager thus far.

A couple of the players went off yesterday, saying some of the players don't seem to give a damn. I get the same feeling about Bell. Watching him just sit there in the dugout ticks me off. It appears he doesn't give a damn either.

When the house cleaning begins, even if it is at the end of this season, every single person involved with running this team needs to be shove out the door. Every damn one of them. Start the thing over from scratch.

Cochise
05-22-2006, 11:02 AM
I don't really have any issue with Bell. Sure once in a while he does something differently than I would do it, but all managers do.

I'm not sure that it matters who is under Buddy Bell's hat, Bobby Cox, Connie Mack, Jesus Christ himself... nobody is going to win with this team.

Plus, management says their goal is to win games, and not to develop the young players. That explains why over the hill scrubs are playing all the time instead of the young guys, I don't fault Bell for that. Sounds like his hands are tied.

Rain Man
05-22-2006, 11:27 AM
I don't really follow the Royals. How are they doing this year?

(Okay, that was cruel. I apologize.)

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-22-2006, 11:34 AM
I was going to start a new thread with this, but this looks like as good a place as any.

I went to the game yesterday with my daughter and let me just say that Cardinals fans couldn't be a lot more rude. I was trying to get a picture of my daughter by the George Brett statue and there was a family of Cards fans standing around it so we stood and waited patiently. The mother saw me with my camera and heard me ask my daughter to wait a minute until they were done and made no attempt to hurry her kids along or anything. Then she decided she'd take a picture of her kids by it so I asked Raven (my daughter) to move away for a second, which she did. The mother took the picture, then another and another, then decided to walk back and hog the damn thing with her clan for another couple of minutes. Raven is getting impatient and I'm telling her just give them a minute. I know the mother heard me since she looked at me a few times with my camera in hand and was standing right next to me. Finally they moved and Raven stood by the statue so I started to take the picture and the whole ****ing cards clan moved right back in the way. I think I got the picture taken just before they entered the frame, we'll find out. Raven was pretty annoyed with them so I said loud enough to be heard that they probably just weren't paying attention and didn't mean to get in the way, at which point the mother actually rolled her eyes at me. I couldn't believe the audacity of this bitch! Come to MY park and basically go out of her way to be a bitch. Unbelievable.

Then in the stadium I bought a beer, took two drinks and some guys wearing cardinal jerseys were horseing around and one bumped into me pretty hard spilling my beer all over the groud. Then they just walked away laughing. I yelled out "you could buy me another one" but they weren't paying any attention. The asshole didn't even say he was sorry when he hit me. They were all too busy laughing and being stupid.

Then once in my seat I actually got smack from a little old lady who was bithcing at me because the Royals had signed "a couple of our players." Like it's my fault the Cardinals didn't pay them enough and they went elsewhere. I gently reminded her that the Cards had more than one former Royal over the years as well... including their starting pitcher for the day... and that Whitey Herzog, Al Hrabosky and Darrell Porter were all Royals first. She just made some kind of disgusted sound and stopped bitching at me. I guess I won that one at least.

To top it all off my daughter got sick and we left in the first inning. At least I wasn't there to see the slaughter.

Cochise
05-22-2006, 11:39 AM
I was going to start a new thread with this, but this looks like as good a place as any.

I went to the game yesterday with my daughter and let me just say that Cardinals fans couldn't be a lot more rude. I was trying to get a picture of my daughter by the George Brett statue and there was a family of Cards fans standing around it so we stood and waited patiently. The mother saw me with my camera and heard me ask my daughter to wait a minute until they were done and made no attempt to hurry her kids along or anything. Then she decided she'd take a picture of her kids by it so I asked Raven (my daughter) to move away for a second, which she did. The mother took the picture, then another and another, then decided to walk back and hog the damn thing with her clan for another couple of minutes. Raven is getting impatient and I'm telling her just give them a minute. I know the mother heard me since she looked at me a few times with my camera in hand and was standing right next to me. Finally they moved and Raven stood by the statue so I started to take the picture and the whole ****ing cards clan moved right back in the way. I think I got the picture taken just before they entered the frame, we'll find out. Raven was pretty annoyed with them so I said loud enough to be heard that they probably just weren't paying attention and didn't mean to get in the way, at which point the mother actually rolled her eyes at me. I couldn't believe the audacity of this bitch! Come to MY park and basically go out of her way to be a bitch. Unbelievable.

Then in the stadium I bought a beer, took two drinks and some guys wearing cardinal jerseys were horseing around and one bumped into me pretty hard spilling my beer all over the groud. Then they just walked away laughing. I yelled out "you could buy me another one" but they weren't paying any attention. The asshole didn't even say he was sorry when he hit me. They were all too busy laughing and being stupid.

Then once in my seat I actually got smack from a little old lady who was bithcing at me because the Royals had signed "a couple of our players." Like it's my fault the Cardinals didn't pay them enough and they went elsewhere. I gently reminded her that the Cards had more than one former Royal over the years as well... including thier starting pitcher for the day... and that Whitey Herzog, Al Hrabosky and Darrell Porter were all Royals first. She just made some kind of disgusted sound and stopped bitching at me. I guess I won that one at least.

To top it all off my daughter got sick and we left in the first inning. At least I wasn't there to see the slaughter.

I didn't experience a whole lot more class when I went on Friday night.

I was sitting down the right field line, and the group behind us was extremely inebriated, greeting every play with eff this or eff that or 'that's because the Royals effing suck azz'. I'm not a prude on the adult language or anything, but when there are kids around you could at least tone it down to below a level you would find in Pulp Fiction or Platoon.

On top of that, at the slightest positive development they would blow on a freaking air horn like 2 feet behind me.

If you are a visting fan.. come on. Conduct yourself with a slight amount of class, at least a microscopic level of respect for the people around you...

Demonpenz
05-22-2006, 11:43 AM
I remember sitting in the right field seats when a cards player hit a shot to the wall that was an out. I yelled out "You don't have that short porch like you do in busch" These fans turned around and we're like it's the same distance idiot. My friends asked them if they have sarcasim in st louis.

Simplex3
05-22-2006, 11:47 AM
I was sitting down the right field line, and the group behind us was extremely inebriated, greeting every play with eff this or eff that or 'that's because the Royals effing suck azz'. I'm not a prude on the adult language or anything, but when there are kids around you could at least tone it down to below a level you would find in Pulp Fiction or Platoon.

On top of that, at the slightest positive development they would blow on a freaking air horn like 2 feet behind me.
I would never take my children to a Royals game simply because the last two I was at this was the norm and nobody seemed to care.

Besides, the T-Bones might actually f**king win.

greg63
05-22-2006, 12:16 PM
I must admit, I am at an all-time low as a Royals fan!

Anyone who is a Royals fan is at an all time low; hence the overall fan disinterest.

luv
05-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Every team goes through good times and bad times. If you stick with your team during the bad times, then the good times will be that much more satisfying.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Every team goes through good times and bad times. If you stick with your team during the bad times, then the good times will be that much more satisfying.
Will you promise me there will actually be more good times to be had....??? Please....

tk13
05-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Cards fans are uptight, or something... I've had the same thing happen to me, in THE K NO LESS! Which is freaking stupid to say the least. It was a few years back, but I had this old Cardinals fan turn around and just start yelling at me. Mike Matheny had thrown a ball away trying to pick off a baserunner, and then soon after he faked a throw to try and pick someone off first again, so I said " go ahead try that again Mikey". And this guy just turned around and let me have it, told me Matheny's one of the best catchers in the league yadda yadda, and I said I know. Friendly smack was not his thing I guess. He turned back around and sat down, and it was like "yeah..." My team might suck, but at least I'm not a jackass.

MahiMike
05-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Congratulations. You've just completed step 1 of the 12 step program - admitting it's a lost cause. Now if you could just do something about the management...

luv
05-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Cards fans are uptight, or something... I've had the same thing happen to me, in THE K NO LESS! Which is freaking stupid to say the least. It was a few years back, but I had this old Cardinals fan turn around and just start yelling at me. Mike Matheny had thrown a ball away trying to pick off a baserunner, and then soon after he faked a throw to try and pick someone off first again, so I said " go ahead try that again Mikey". And this guy just turned around and let me have it, told me Matheny's one of the best catchers in the league yadda yadda, and I said I know. Friendly smack was not his thing I guess. He turned back around and sat down, and it was like "yeah..." My team might suck, but at least I'm not a jackass.
So you think all Cards fans are uptight because of your experience with one? You think there aren't Royals fans who aren't jackasses (especially right now)?

I didn't even know the Royals and Cardinals were that big of a rivalry. I always thought it was the Cards and the Cubs. I don't know who the Royals biggest rival is. After reading threads on here, I guess it's the Cards.

luv
05-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Will you promise me there will actually be more good times to be had....??? Please....
Yeah, the current management will either have to move on, retire, or die someday. I can't promise when, but I can promise that things will eventually get better.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-22-2006, 12:35 PM
So you think all Cards fans are uptight because of your experience with one? You think there aren't Royals fans who aren't jackasses (especially right now)?

I didn't even know the Royals and Cardinals were that big of a rivalry. I always thought it was the Cards and the Cubs. I don't know who the Royals biggest rival is. After reading threads on here, I guess it's the Cards.
No one is saying that there aren't asshole Royals fans. But for so many people to have so many bed experiences with Cardinal fans in our stadium says something. I don't think all Cards fans are assholes. I'm friends with some. But I met at least three groups yesterday who seemed to think they owned the place.

As far as rivals, we don't really have any being as bad as we are. You can't help but see a cross state team as a rival though. Especially when they're good and we suck and their fans fill our stadium more than our own fans do and many of them seem to act like their shit don't stink while they are there.

greg63
05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah, the current management will either have to move on, retire, or die someday. I can't promise when, but I can promise that things will eventually get better.
21 years has got to be one of baseball's all time longest rebuilding periods. I really don't see a lot of hope for the Royals, but I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

cmh6476
05-22-2006, 12:38 PM

it's too bad too, cause the Cards biggest Rival is the Cubs :(

Royals and Yanks actually had a good rivalry at one point, they battled it out quite a few times.

I think you could say any of the division really, if we were ever battling for the title. I think you'd see it heat up between the Royals and the other team in contention.

luv
05-22-2006, 12:38 PM
That's Scarlett Johansson in your avatar and sig, isn't it. Very beautiful woman.

rageeumr
05-22-2006, 12:40 PM
I went to Saturday night's game and I must say that it was the most horrible experience I have ever had at a sporting event in my life. First off, 120 loss season or not, if I'm going to the game, I'm sporting Royals gear. So on the way into the stadium I go through at least 5 or 6 "gauntlets" of loud, obnoxious cards fans that had all kinds of intelligent and baseball savvy put-downs to offer me (Such as "The Royals Suck!!").

Then I get to my seat and I am COMPLETELY surrounded by Cards fans (including my wife and her sister), so at every possible opportunity I get pointed and laughed at (which, thankfully on Saturday wasn't ALL that many times, in relative comparison). I have been to games at Busch, and I have taken my lumps and it hasn't upset me, but like it was mentioned earlier, this is MY park... I shouldn't have to deal with that shit.

The game itself was frustrating of course, but I'll leave that alone, you all know what happened.

My first gut reaction was "Man, these St. Louis fans sure are a bunch of douchebags" but after thinking about it, I don't really think that's the case. I think that a team being successful for a bunch of years in a row brings all the classless, fairweather, moronic, know-nothing-about-the-game fans out of the woodwork.

I told my wife I wouldn't go back to an I-70 series game until this organization goes through a cleansing. I'm sure that's a lie though... I've got to do my part to keep that ugly red out of the stands :(

Frazod
05-22-2006, 12:42 PM
You guys should hold out for the next time the Lambs play the Chiefs at Arrowhead. That one's always a slaughter - but the other way. And all the noxious St. Louis fans never come back after halftime, so you get lots of room to spread out.

KCTitus
05-22-2006, 12:48 PM
The key is to revel in the futility that is a Royals season, or Detroit or Pittsburgh...the list goes on and on.

The Drive to 120! Celebrate it because that's really the only thing this club can aspire to.

cmh6476
05-22-2006, 12:50 PM
You guys should hold out for the next time the Lambs play the Chiefs at Arrowhead. That one's always a slaughter - but the other way. And all the noxious St. Louis fans never come back after halftime, so you get lots of room to spread out.

No, what we need to do is fill the Edwards Jones dome with a sea of red and remind them how annoying and obnoxious they were this weekend :thumb:

chiefqueen
05-22-2006, 12:50 PM
I don't really follow the Royals. How are they doing this year?

(Okay, that was cruel. I apologize.)

You must really want to lose those green squares by your post count.

tk13
05-22-2006, 12:58 PM

One? Have you read this thread? There are multiple examples, in a visiting ballpark no less. No, obviously not every single Cards fan is a jackass, but that's a common sense statement. But some of them do have a level of arrogance about them, kinda like Bronco fans. Just read any of the discussions on here, or how for instance, nm_dbf goes on and on and on about Portland or AAA or some crap every freaking time a Royals thread comes up. Go look it up. Years ago before you even joined this board, it used to be the 85 World Series, the bad call, blah blah over and over. I've been to a lot of Cardinals games, there are plenty of great fans, but I've never seen a Royals fan do anything like that at the K, or at Busch either. Either way it doesn't mean that guy still wasn't a jackass.

ImAWalkingCorpse
05-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Rams/Cardinals fans are one in the same at this point, know it all obnoxious bozo's. I hate them almost as much as I hate Packers, Bears, Broncos and Falcons fans.

htismaqe
05-22-2006, 01:01 PM
There's a ton of Cardinal fans here the love the Chiefs...

Painting with such broad strokes does nothing but continue to promote the ignorance...

luv
05-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Rams/Cardinals fans are one in the same at this point, know it all obnoxious bozo's. I hate them almost as much as I hate Packers, Bears, Broncos and Falcons fans.
I'm a Chiefs fan and a Cardinals fan. What does that make me? Obnoxious, but not a bozo? You only hate me half as much?

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-22-2006, 01:05 PM
That's Scarlett Johansson in your avatar and sig, isn't it. Very beautiful woman.
Yes... I love her... and she doesn't even know.

Cochise
05-22-2006, 01:06 PM
You guys should hold out for the next time the Lambs play the Chiefs at Arrowhead...the noxious St. Louis fans never come back after halftime, so you get lots of room to spread out.

Pretty sure I'm going to the Chiefs game in St. Loser this year. I figure why not, tickets will be easy to find, and after halftime I can sit wherever I want.

Strange behavior from the 'greatest fans in the world' (just ask them) :p

ImAWalkingCorpse
05-22-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm a Chiefs fan and a Cardinals fan. What does that make me? Obnoxious, but not a bozo? You only hate me half as much?

I have never had a terrible experience with a Chiefs fan, but have had several with Cardinals fans, Rams fans, Falcons fans, several others (being a Buccaneers fan). It was just a piss poor showing by the Royals that is where my frustration comes from.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-22-2006, 01:09 PM
I've got to do my part to keep that ugly red out of the stands :(
Funny how that is looked at completely differently when we're talking about Arrowhead. Then red is beautiful.
:)

sedated
05-22-2006, 01:15 PM
I went to the games on Fri and Sun, and didn't notice any outrageous assh0les.

I did sit in front of a guy that must have been practicing to be an announcer, cause he had something to say after ever fuggin pitch.

He was either drunk, or an escaped mental patient.

KChiefs1
05-22-2006, 01:18 PM
The most obnoxious Card fans are on this board.....

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/list.php?board=4

rageeumr
05-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Funny how that is looked at completely differently when we're talking about Arrowhead. Then red is beautiful.
:)

Ha, I guess I didn't really think about that. It must just be how much it clashes with those blue seats :)

Incidentally, I was really surprised how many people wore Chiefs apparel to the game (and by doing so, exacerbated the redness). I wonder if they didn't think about it, or were trying to support KC while sending a message to the Glass family :hmmm:

StcChief
05-22-2006, 01:21 PM
There's a ton of Cardinal fans here the love the Chiefs...

Painting with such broad strokes does nothing but continue to promote the ignorance...
:bravo: :clap: htis

Yep. I'm a Cards fan / Chiefs fan. We do have some a$$h0le fans, like everybody does. Some folks don't know how to behave at home or away. The don't deserve to be fans of anybody but themselves....

Chiefs Game in STL with Rams, tickets will be hard to find and likely a premium.

nychief
05-22-2006, 01:22 PM
I agree... all time low.

Frazod
05-22-2006, 01:29 PM
No, what we need to do is fill the Edwards Jones dome with a sea of red and remind them how annoying and obnoxious they were this weekend :thumb:

If I can get tickets for a reasonable price, I plan on going to that game.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-22-2006, 01:48 PM
Incidentally, I was really surprised how many people wore Chiefs apparel to the game (and by doing so, exacerbated the redness). I wonder if they didn't think about it, or were trying to support KC while sending a message to the Glass family :hmmm:
I saw some folks wearing Chiefs stuff too and thought man that's great... but why here and why today?!?!

Nzoner
05-22-2006, 01:57 PM
If I can get tickets for a reasonable price, I plan on going to that game.

I've used a group called Chiefs Travel which offers a full package,room plus tickets,don't know if you're planning on staying but give me a head's up if so and I'll let you know how much they are when I get my yearly letter from them.

Predarat
05-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Well at least they still have those Sheboygan KielBasas. Those things are worth the trip to Kaufman AND the trip to the ER after you eat them. Or you can just pack a Difibulator and your good to go.

Frazod
05-22-2006, 02:01 PM
I've used a group called Chiefs Travel which offers a full package,room plus tickets,don't know if you're planning on staying but give me a head's up if so and I'll let you know how much they are when I get my yearly letter from them.

If I go, I'll stay with my aunt in Fenton, so I won't need a room.

kc1977
05-22-2006, 04:13 PM
One? Have you read this thread? There are multiple examples, in a visiting ballpark no less. No, obviously not every single Cards fan is a jackass, but that's a common sense statement. But some of them do have a level of arrogance about them, kinda like Bronco fans. Just read any of the discussions on here, or how for instance, nm_dbf goes on and on and on about Portland or AAA or some crap every freaking time a Royals thread comes up. Go look it up. Years ago before you even joined this board, it used to be the 85 World Series, the bad call, blah blah over and over. I've been to a lot of Cardinals games, there are plenty of great fans, but I've never seen a Royals fan do anything like that at the K, or at Busch either. Either way it doesn't mean that guy still wasn't a jackass.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/bryanburwell/story/14E9C9EC8141AED9862571550013A408?OpenDocument

There are multiple examples of classless Cards fans in their own ballpark, let alone visiting another team's park.

I live in St. Louis, and even many of the die-hards I know are lamenting at the current state of the Cardinal fan base.

In fact, most of them now know that the "best fans" shit is just a crock that is perpetuated by the media and the "worst" of the "best" fans, who somehow think it applies to them.

I plan on sporting my Royal blue here at the beginning of July, and fully expect some pretty classless treatment.

PunkinDrublic
05-22-2006, 04:33 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/bryanburwell/story/14E9C9EC8141AED9862571550013A408?OpenDocument

There are multiple examples of classless Cards fans in their own ballpark, let alone visiting another team's park.

I live in St. Louis, and even many of the die-hards I know are lamenting at the current state of the Cardinal fan base.

In fact, most of them now know that the "best fans" shit is just a crock that is perpetuated by the media and the "worst" of the "best" fans, who somehow think it applies to them.

I plan on sporting my Royal blue here at the beginning of July, and fully expect some pretty classless treatment.

You know that's why I hope the tards never wins another series in my lifetime. As a Royals fan who hates the tards I want 1985 to stay with them for a long time. The last couple of postseasons have made me pretty nervous it looked like the tards were going to take it but luckily they choked it away in typical St. Loser fashion.

htismaqe
05-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Every team has classless fans.

Just like every team has bitter fans, exemplified in this thread...

Pitt Gorilla
05-22-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm a Chiefs fan and a Cardinals fan. What does that make me? Obnoxious, but not a bozo? You only hate me half as much?Confused?

Frazod
05-22-2006, 05:01 PM

Amen. Some of the people who've posted on this thread have been poisoned to the absolute depths of their souls by the Royals. They aren't worth the pain.

Let it go, people. Find another team or another interest. Or seek professional help. Christ. :shake:

tk13
05-22-2006, 05:10 PM
There's a difference between being bitter and not taking anybody's crap. Huge difference. I'm not saying the Royals are good, I'm not even trying to be optimistic. The quality of the team is irrelevant to the point. If you can't handle it, quit being a jerkoff.

Let me explain to you how this works. This is how the board (and the Cards/Royals relationship) has operated for 6 damn years. Most Royals fans sit here and be meek and let the Card fans prod, prod, prod, like some jerkoff who likes to be annoying, then when the person they annoy gets pissed, WELL what the hell! "Why would you do that?" And try to act like they're all above it and had nothing to do with it. If you don't like getting crap thrown back at you, leave us the hell alone, kiss our ass, and learn the heimlich f'ing maneuver so the next time LaRussa chokes in the ****ing playoffs, you'll be able to help give him some oxygen. Geez.

Period.

Logical
05-22-2006, 05:11 PM
The key is to revel in the futility that is a Royals season, or Detroit or Pittsburgh...the list goes on and on.

The Drive to 120! Celebrate it because that's really the only thing this club can aspire to.

Well there is also whether we can beat Florida to it. So we have a race. Presently we are leading the race by 1/2 a game.

Logical
05-22-2006, 05:16 PM
I saw some folks wearing Chiefs stuff too and thought man that's great... but why here and why today?!?!

I am guessing that it was a statement that we have a team that can win and I support them, not this bunch of losers in Royal Blue. Though even that is somewhat misguided given our playoff futility.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-22-2006, 06:07 PM

I'm not bitter... I just hate them.

VonneMarie
05-22-2006, 06:20 PM
The Royals will kick ass and go on a roll... starting tonight. :bang:

Yeah... yeah... yeah...

shakesthecat
05-22-2006, 06:35 PM

I'm curious to see how the team reacts tonight after the comments made by Elarton and Dougie yesterday.

I notcied that CBSsportsline.com has Blanco listed at SS and German at 3rd. I'd like to think Buddy has seen the light, but will need more than 1 games proof. Hopefully Affeldt can find the plate for a change.

As for Cards fans that act like idiots...yeah every team does have them, but STL, and I lived there a while, has the recipe perfected.

tk13
05-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Blanco has played pretty much everyday since getting called up hasn't he? He may have sat once.

I haven't listened to 810 but supposedly Bell said today there's some guys he'd like to get rid of, and Stairs said they had a players meeting. I don't know.

shakesthecat
05-22-2006, 07:00 PM
I think Blanco sat once as well, but I'm not certain. I certainly don't think he's the answer at SS, and I doubt it lights a fire under Berroa's ass either, but I do think a message is being sent tonight.

It's just too damn bad it took this long for Bell/Baird to grow the nards to do it.

Ralphy Boy
05-22-2006, 07:18 PM
I went to the freakin game saturday, and it had to have been the worst time I have ever had at a game. You are sitting there, and more people are cheering for the other team than your damn home team. It was absolutely pathetic.

How could you possibly get into it? Your season is a lost cause, merely a month and a half into the season. No one really cares if the Royals win or lose, yet you have this solid following of a real competitive team, who's fans have taken over your stadium to come and support a winning franchise.

It was pathetic. I just sat there and wathced a baseball game, with about as much disinterest as I have ever had. Hell, the only other game I've been to this year was the first Fri. night game, and even then the fans were quick with the boos as the Royals fell early before they made a late comeback.

How much longer can this go on? When will us KC fans get the chance to get excited about baseball again? This has gone on too damn long, and its only a matter of time before no one really gives a shit.

In other news, St. Louis Cardinals fans are enjoying the start of the 2006 season.

Sure-Oz
05-22-2006, 07:23 PM
There was a closed door player ONLY meeting before the game....and yes buddy said there is players he wants to get rid of, I hope they got all the shit out they needed so they can start looking half way decent now! I think some players would be gone if there wasn't such a minor crop in the minors and no way i want to rush those AA guys.

htismaqe
05-22-2006, 07:26 PM
There's a difference between being bitter and not taking anybody's crap. Huge difference. I'm not saying the Royals are good, I'm not even trying to be optimistic. The quality of the team is irrelevant to the point. If you can't handle it, quit being a jerkoff.

Let me explain to you how this works. This is how the board (and the Cards/Royals relationship) has operated for 6 damn years. Most Royals fans sit here and be meek and let the Card fans prod, prod, prod, like some jerkoff who likes to be annoying, then when the person they annoy gets pissed, WELL what the hell! "Why would you do that?" And try to act like they're all above it and had nothing to do with it. If you don't like getting crap thrown back at you, leave us the hell alone, kiss our ass, and learn the heimlich f'ing maneuver so the next time LaRussa chokes in the ****ing playoffs, you'll be able to help give him some oxygen. Geez.

Period.

Well, I certainly can't speak for anyone but myself.

But my experience here is that:

1) Royals fans are NOT MEEK.

2) I only talk shit in RESPONSE.

Sure-Oz
05-22-2006, 07:36 PM
lmfao i think affeldt missed the meeting 5-0 detroit right now in the 2nd....good freaking night!

morphius
05-22-2006, 07:44 PM
lmfao i think affeldt missed the meeting 5-0 detroit right now in the 2nd....good freaking night!
Yup, that meeting didn't seem to help at all.

kc1977
05-22-2006, 07:49 PM
In other news, St. Louis Cardinals fans are enjoying the start of the 2006 season.

Thanks Ralphy - Perfect Example of the Cards fans we are talking about.

As for anything lighting a fire under any Royal, well, 5-0 Tigers tonight after 2 says it all.

I wonder which Royals they are calling out and who Bell supposedly wants gone? Berroa is the only one I can really see. Are there others?
The rest of the team is just veterans - like Reggie Sanders, Grudz, and Mienkivicz, or guys who play their tails off to stay, like Emil Brown (as much as I don't like him), Costa (showed quite a bit this last series), and Guiel.

John Buck will never go in the doghouse, lest someone officially declare the Beltran trade a bust.

kc1977
05-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks Ralphy - Perfect Example of the Cards fans we are talking about.

As for anything lighting a fire under any Royal, well, 5-0 Tigers tonight after 2 says it all.

I wonder which Royals they are calling out and who Bell supposedly wants gone? Berroa is the only one I can really see. Are there others?
The rest of the team is just veterans - like Reggie Sanders, Grudz, and Mienkivicz, or guys who play their tails off to stay, like Emil Brown (as much as I don't like him), Costa (showed quite a bit this last series), and Guiel.

John Buck will never go in the doghouse, lest someone officially declare the Beltran trade a bust.

Oh yeah - forgot the pitchers - yeah, there are 3 or 4 at least that would fit into this category.

shakesthecat
05-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Well, I certainly can't speak for anyone but myself.

But my experience here is that:

1) Royals fans are NOT MEEK.

2) I only talk shit in RESPONSE.

And since when have you had a dog in this fight?
I don't recall you posting this much about baseball in the past.

Cards fans on here don't bother me much. That franchise is cursed. Most Card fans just don't realize it yet.

Apparently pissing off the Wizzard of Oz wasn't a smart move my LaMuser.

htismaqe
05-22-2006, 07:52 PM
And since when have you had a dog in this fight?
I don't recall you posting this much about baseball in the past.

Cards fans on here don't bother me much. That franchise is cursed. Most Card fans just don't realize it yet.

Apparently pissing off the Wizzard of Oz wasn't a smart move my LaMuser.

I got in on this when the "All Tards fans are assholes" posts started.

shakesthecat
05-22-2006, 08:01 PM

We've been saying that for years.

Keep up, will ya.

htismaqe
05-22-2006, 08:04 PM
We've been saying that for years.

Keep up, will ya.

I hear Paxil can help both seasonal depression and inferiority complexes. :p

shakesthecat
05-22-2006, 08:21 PM
I hear Paxil can help both seasonal depression and inferiority complexes. :p

No way man!
I deal with my mental health issues the old fashioned way.

1960's style.

Ralphy Boy
05-22-2006, 09:29 PM

Kinda funny isn't it?

Team W L
Royals 10 31
Cards 29 15

Who are the "Tards fans" again?

Jayhawkerman2001
05-22-2006, 09:42 PM
There was a closed door player ONLY meeting before the game....and yes buddy said there is players he wants to get rid of, I hope they got all the shit out they needed so they can start looking half way decent now! I think some players would be gone if there wasn't such a minor crop in the minors and no way i want to rush those AA guys.

Im hoping they get rid of Berroa, because hes as worthless as they come. and he doesnt even give a shit about it.

VonneMarie
05-22-2006, 09:58 PM
And they start their roll with an 8-0 shut-out. Simply stunning. :shake:

Next up, Kenny Rogers. Great.

Sure-Oz
05-22-2006, 09:59 PM
The closed door meeting apparently worked, Verlander shut us down like no other, first CG and SHO for the big man. He pitched great tonight. Atleast we got 5 hits off him, 2 bad innings by affeldt other than that and OK perf.

Nzoner
05-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Yep. I'm a Cards fan / Chiefs fan.

And I thought it was bad dealing with one team that couldn't win in the play-offs.

Frazod
05-22-2006, 10:04 PM
And I thought it was bad dealing with one team that couldn't win in the play-offs.

It's painful (on both fronts), but the Chiefs and Cardinals both do two things that I require at a minimum:

1. Show up
2. Give me at least a somewhat reasonable belief that they can win it all.

VonneMarie
05-22-2006, 10:12 PM
It's painful (on both fronts), but the Chiefs and Cardinals both do two things that I require at a minimum:

1. Show up
2. Give me at least a somewhat reasonable belief that they can win it all.
They both seem to always choke in the playoffs.

RP_McMurphy
05-22-2006, 10:21 PM
So what is the lowest attendance at a MLB game in the last 50 years? I remember a game in 79 where the A's only drew around 600 and some said that was inflated. If the Royals to continue to play like they are right now. In September I could see a night game during the weekday's approaching that number. Right now the glASS family sucked whatever baseball passion remained in Kansas City right out of it. They make Charlie O. look like Einstein. I never thought Mike Brown would be given a run for the worst owner in Major sports well I was wrong. The glASS family makes him look positively wonderful in comparison.

Ralphy Boy
05-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Ouch, I just realized you are in a nine game losing streak.

I didn't mean to rub salt in the wounds. My apologies.

Granted I'm not so sorry that I felt the need to delete anything I've wrote, but still. I guess if you put it into perspective, it could be worse. I mean just imagine you could have gotten a terminal disease or something.

Ralphy Boy
05-22-2006, 10:27 PM

Easy now, I wouldn't say they choke in the playoffs. That would equate to not making it to the World Series. At least then, you know you lost to the best team. Yeah, the World Series loss to the Red Sox hurt, but it was a very nice ride up until then.

Stinger
05-22-2006, 10:34 PM

Not really the Card's, unlike the Chief's, as of late can at least win a playoff game. Just not late in the playoffs.

VonneMarie
05-22-2006, 10:36 PM
It's still choking.

Stinger
05-22-2006, 10:38 PM
It's still choking.

Eh probably to some but it not quite like being out of a Pennant race at the beginning May.

VonneMarie
05-22-2006, 10:39 PM
And nothing like getting swept in the World Series.

Stinger
05-22-2006, 10:42 PM
And nothing like getting swept in the World Series.

I guess if I answer this the next comment will be 1985???? ROFL ROFL

ImAWalkingCorpse
05-22-2006, 10:42 PM
I didn't even get mad tonight... it was just pathetic, the team never showed any heart or soul.

PunkinDrublic
05-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Eh probably to some but it not quite like being out of a Pennant race at the beginning May.

Being a bad team that can't compete is not choking. Having a superior team that can't win in the clutch is choking. You'd think that after watching St. Loser choke away in multiple postseason appearances tard fans would be experts on the subject.

VonneMarie
05-22-2006, 10:44 PM
I guess if I answer this the next comment will be 1985???? ROFL ROFL
http://www.digitalsteve.org/images/uploads/curse_reversed.jpg

PAY ATTENTION TO THE TOP RIGHT CORNER. :D

VonneMarie
05-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Being a bad team that can't compete is not choking. Having a superior team that can't win in the clutch is choking. You'd think that after watching St. Loser choke away in multiple postseason appearances tard fans would be experts on the subject.
Bingo.

Stinger
05-22-2006, 10:50 PM
You'd think that after watching St. Loser choke away in multiple postseason appearances tard fans would be experts on the subject.

So Royals fans are expert and perenial losers????

Actually you would think that the Royals fans here would just stop watching the Royals and starting game threads since they can't win at home or away.... but thats ok it let it all out ..... take out that aggression. We are here to help :D

Stinger
05-22-2006, 10:51 PM
http://www.digitalsteve.org/images/uploads/curse_reversed.jpg

PAY ATTENTION TO THE TOP RIGHT CORNER. :D

ROFL NICE

VonneMarie
05-22-2006, 10:54 PM
ROFL NICE
Nah, I found it on google. It's fitting, tho. :evil:

PunkinDrublic
05-22-2006, 10:58 PM

Actually you would think that the Royals fans here would just stop watching the Royals and starting game threads since they can't win at home or away.... but thats ok it let it all out ..... take out that aggression. We are here to help :D

No argument there. The Royals have been bad for quite some time. At least the Royals made the most of their winning years by coming away with a title. The fact that it came against the tards made it that much sweeter. The tards have pissed away some talented teams by choking in the postseason

Nzoner
05-22-2006, 11:11 PM

Seriously,some of these posts I've read from Card fans remind me of Raider fan,they want to talk about past and present glory but not be reminded of head-to-head games with their rivals.

I've said this before but it bears repeating,in the biggest game ever against a cross state rival the Cards got their asses handed to them 11-0 and that trophy can never be taken away.THAT in itself is worth any and all smack all Cards fans can come up with no matter how long ago it was because it was head-to-head victory and show-me smackdown of a rival.

Oh btw,I wasn't calling YOU a Raider fan :D

VonneMarie
05-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Seriously,some of these posts I've read from Card fans remind me of Raider fan,they want to talk about past and present glory but not be reminded of head-to-head games with their rivals.

I've said this before but it bears repeating,in the biggest game ever against a cross state rival the Cards got their asses handed to them 11-0 and that trophy can never be taken away.THAT in itself is worth any and all smack all Cards fans can come up with no matter how long ago it was because it was head-to-head victory and show-me smackdown of a rival.

Stoopid Tard fans. :)

Logical
05-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Man how can Royals fans give the Cardinal fans shit about choking when the Cards have won a WS (87) since they lost to the Royals (85) and were there only two years ago.:shake:

Stinger
05-22-2006, 11:30 PM

I have no problem saying that the Royals won in 1985. The Cardinals didn't win game 7 no agrgument here. Now game 6 we can argue till the cows come home, as my grandfather used to say. But it will not change the past.

But lets not overlook the present either and live in fantasy world of the past glory like the Raiders and Broncos fans. The Cardinals are one of the Best teams in the NL and has been to WS and a few divisional series in the last few years. With a good chance of going far in the playoffs if things go right over a 160 game season. And until the Royals get new management things are not changing. So if you want to calls tards fine, if you want to call us names fine, if you want to give us neg rep (you know who you are :) ) fine. We will still be there more than likely in October again much to many dishearten Royals fans here. So whether or not you like my team or not I have no problem really. I am just board tonight was trying to stir the pot alittle so to speak.

And btw I wasn't calling you a Raiders or Bronco Fan either :D .

tk13
05-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Man how can Royals fans give the Cardinal fans shit about choking when the Cards have won a WS (87) since they lost to the Royals (85) and were there only two years ago.:shake:
That's not correct. The Cardinals last World Series title was in 1982, three years before the I-70 series.

Stinger
05-22-2006, 11:35 PM

No offence but we lost that series ... But getting there then and 2 years ago means nothing i guess :shrug:

kcfanXIII
05-22-2006, 11:42 PM
i will not defend the excuse for a team we call the royals. i'm a royals fan, and i'm tired of cheering on a loser. meanwhile glASS sits back and laughs because he made more money than any other owner in mlb last year. i'll be pulling for the loss record just because maybe it will finally wake somebody up. i will also be rooting for the cards in every one of their games this season, even the next series of games against the royals. i like the players and think its a well run orginization. i hope pujols breaks bonds' record. GO CARDS!!!

tk13
05-23-2006, 12:27 AM
In good news, Mark Teahen went 3-4 with a double and a walk tonight for Omaha. He is killing the ball. He raised his average to .340, has a .456 on base percentage, and has more walks than strikeouts. That's the Oakland A's prospect we all know and love.

Huber also apparently played LF tonight. That was something I thought we should try when he was up here rotting on the bench, make him a 1B/LF Pujols-style, I guess they were trying that tonight in Omaha.

Dunit35
05-23-2006, 01:27 AM
I had a couple d-bag Cards fans behind me in Sundays game. It was F this F that the entire game. At one point I had my sleeves rolled up working on my tan and my KC tattoo was showing and he said nice tattoo, it would be cooler if it was a Packers tattoo. I turned around and said to him, "Yeah that would be cool and then I could put 4-12 right under it" He shut up at that point. But then started it again with some other Chiefs fans, saying how much better the Packers were. I turned around and yelled "Yeah that top 10 pick you guys had really proves the point that you guys are better than the Chiefs." He knew his role at that point and shut up.

ImAWalkingCorpse
05-23-2006, 07:38 AM
I had a couple d-bag Cards fans behind me in Sundays game. It was F this F that the entire game. At one point I had my sleeves rolled up working on my tan and my KC tattoo was showing and he said nice tattoo, it would be cooler if it was a Packers tattoo. I turned around and said to him, "Yeah that would be cool and then I could put 4-12 right under it" He shut up at that point. But then started it again with some other Chiefs fans, saying how much better the Packers were. I turned around and yelled "Yeah that top 10 pick you guys had really proves the point that you guys are better than the Chiefs." He knew his role at that point and shut up.

Packers fans are the worst. Most of them didn't become fans until Favre came on the scene (outside Wisconsin anyway).

Brock
05-23-2006, 08:43 AM

You should probably stick to topics you know, i.e. not sports.

KCChiefsFan88
05-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Royals fans need to go on a massive fan strike or something. Totally boycott the games, make it so the K is empty. Also go after major local sponsors of the Royals and threaten to boycott them unless Glass takes action.

Aren't the Royals locked into staying in KC with the new 25 year lease? Its not like Glass can threaten to move the team as a response to such a boycott.

luv
05-23-2006, 09:37 AM
A fan is a fan, win or lose. I have a lot of respect for those who stick with their teams during the bad times.

StcChief
05-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Royals fans need to go on a massive fan strike or something. Totally boycott the games, make it so the K is empty. Also go after major local sponsors of the Royals and threaten to boycott them unless Glass takes action.

Aren't the Royals locked into staying in KC with the new 25 year lease? Its not like Glass can threaten to move the team as a response to such a boycott.

See the Montreal Expos situation. MLB stepped in an took over.
Eventually moved the team (Nationals).

I think Glass would sell before this, unless KC turn completely and stopped showing up for years.

Predarat
05-23-2006, 10:03 AM
The funny thing about a Kansas City Royals team only meeting is every player could say "you suck" to every other player and they would all be right.

ChiefFripp
05-23-2006, 10:15 AM
They can't suck forever can they?

Logical
05-23-2006, 11:47 AM
You should probably stick to topics you know, i.e. not sports.I think if you check my facts are correct. Cards won in 82 (my mistake not 87) and then were again in the WS in 87 lost ot Min and again in 2004 where they lost to the Red Sox. Have the Royals even been in the playoffs in the 90s and on? I am no Cardinal's fan but they have more room to talk than Royals fans. When it comes to choking how many times did the Royals choke against the Yankees in the ALCS and then in the WS against Philly.

Frazod
05-23-2006, 11:51 AM
I think if you check my facts are correct. Cards won in 82 (my mistake not 87) and then were again in the WS in 87 lost ot Min and again in 2004 where they lost to the Red Sox. Have the Royals even been in the playoffs in the 90s and on? I am no Cardinal's fan but they have more room to talk than Royals fans. When it comes to choking how many times did the Royals choke against the Yankees in the ALCS and then in the WS against Philly.

In the post he quoted you said that the Cardinals won the '87 World Series. Sadly, I can assure you that they didn't.

Brock
05-23-2006, 11:52 AM
I think if you check my facts are correct.

We don't really need to check to know that this statement is not correct. So no, your "facts" aren't really facts at all.

the Cards have won a WS (87)

Logical
05-23-2006, 11:56 AM
We don't really need to check to know that this statement is not correct. So no, your "facts" aren't really facts at all.Did you read beyond the first sentence I said that was the 87 win was a mistake.

Logical
05-23-2006, 11:57 AM
In the post he quoted you said that the Cardinals won the '87 World Series. Sadly, I can assure you that they didn't.

Does no one see the words (my mistake) in that quote?

Brock
05-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Did you read beyond the first sentence I said that was the 87 win was a mistake.

Yes, I know it was a mistake. Several people pointed it out to you. Ding, fries are done.

Logical
05-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Yes, I know it was a mistake. Several people pointed it out to you. Ding, fries are done.Wow so unlike you I can admit an error, but you cannot do anything but gloat and be a jerk. I really thought even you were better than that. Why admit errors if the people you deal with are still going to be jerks?

Dartgod
05-23-2006, 12:03 PM
I think if you check my facts are correct....the Cards have won a WS (87) since they lost to the Royals (85)...Nope. Still wrong...

:p

Brock
05-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Wow so unlike you I can admit an error, but you cannot do anything but gloat and be a jerk. I really thought even you were better than that. Why admit errors if the people you deal with are still going to be jerks?

Maybe it's just me, but it's sort of bad form to "admit" errors with the preamble "If you check you will find that my facts are correct".

Logical
05-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Nope. Still wrong...

:pnlm (nothing like a good pile on)

Brock
05-23-2006, 12:07 PM
I predicted Vince Williams would be drafted in the second round, but I think you will find that my facts are correct.

Logical
05-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it's sort of bad form to "admit" errors with the preamble "If you check you will find that my facts are correct".

A fair point, yet no excuse for you being a jerk about it.

Logical
05-23-2006, 12:09 PM
I predicted Vince Williams would be drafted in the second round, but I think you will find that my facts are correct.In honesty a prediction is not a fact so nothing in that statement is actually wrong.

kc1977
05-23-2006, 12:11 PM
I think if you check my facts are correct. Cards won in 82 (my mistake not 87) and then were again in the WS in 87 lost ot Min and again in 2004 where they lost to the Red Sox. Have the Royals even been in the playoffs in the 90s and on? I am no Cardinal's fan but they have more room to talk than Royals fans. When it comes to choking how many times did the Royals choke against the Yankees in the ALCS and then in the WS against Philly.

So, does this give Cardinal fans the right to invade every Royals thread and needlessly harass the Royals fans just because our team is pathetic?

Nobody, Royals fans included, is disputing the fact that the Cardinals is the more successful franchise, especially the last decade.

But every Royals thread, some arrogant Cardinal fan comes in and has to gloat - so, Royals fans use the only thing that we really have on them - which is 1985. If the Cardinal fans would just stay the hell out of Royals threads, this would never come up.

I'm not even talking about it for this weekend's series. It happens all the time - arrogant Cardinal fans just can't resist gloating whenever they get a chance. I live in St. Louis, and just because I have a Royals mouse pad on my desk, they believe it is license to gloat - when I never bring it up.

And this is the funny part - most Cardinal fans down here in St. Louis get just as annoyed with when a Cardinal fans is also a Chiefs fan - as a lot of us Chiefs fans do when a Chiefs fan is a Cardinal fan.

Logical
05-23-2006, 12:15 PM
So, does this give Cardinal fans the right to invade every Royals thread and needlessly harass the Royals fans just because our team is pathetic?

Nobody, Royals fans included, is disputing the fact that the Cardinals is the more successful franchise, especially the last decade.

But every Royals thread, some arrogant Cardinal fan comes in and has to gloat - so, Royals fans use the only thing that we really have on them - which is 1985. If the Cardinal fans would just stay the hell out of Royals threads, this would never come up.

I'm not even talking about it for this weekend's series. It happens all the time - arrogant Cardinal fans just can't resist gloating whenever they get a chance. I live in St. Louis, and just because I have a Royals mouse pad on my desk, they believe it is license to gloat - when I never bring it up.

And this is the funny part - most Cardinal fans down here in St. Louis get just as annoyed with when a Cardinal fans is also a Chiefs fan - as a lot of us Chiefs fans do when a Chiefs fan is a Cardinal fan.

:hmmm: The right? I think everyone on this BB has the right to come in and express their opinion and throw around some smaq. KU fans invading MU threads certainly common. Denver fans invading Chiefs threads certainly common. Etc. Etc. what make the Royals fans special that they cannot be given smaq from Cardinal fans?

shakesthecat
05-23-2006, 12:15 PM
nlm (nothing like a good pile on)

SWEET!

Maybe if you provided anything more than jackassery in every Royals thread you post in, people wouldn't be so anxious to throw your own shit back in your face when they get a chance.

luv
05-23-2006, 12:16 PM

Heck, I've been called a loser and a douche just for being a Cardinals fan. Royals fans can say their team sucks (how many threads have been started about that?), but if a Cardinals fan says it, then they're gloating?

Brock
05-23-2006, 12:17 PM
A fair point, yet no excuse for you being a jerk about it.

And no excuse for your being an unjustifiably arrogant blowhard. But you've been doing it for a looong time.

Logical
05-23-2006, 12:19 PM
SWEET!

Maybe if you provided anything more than jackassery in every Royals thread you post in, people wouldn't be so anxious to throw your own shit back in your face when they get a chance.

You actually think it bothers me? I just find it amusing that Brock (who is known for posting one line jackassery as you put it) could not be gracious when I admitted my mistake. I find the pile on quite amusing, I also know Dartgod well enough to know that it had already been pointed out to me at least twice and he was just having fun. On the other hand I don't know whether you are actually irritated with me or just having fun. Either way I deserved what I got from Brock and everone else initially and have no problem with that.

Logical
05-23-2006, 12:21 PM
And no excuse for your being an unjustifiably arrogant blowhard. But you've been doing it for a looong time.

As have you, you old two faced bastich.:p

We have been going at it for years and I would have it no other way. I would expect Clint to go soft before I would expect either one of us to change.:D

kc1977
05-23-2006, 12:31 PM
And I just love the Cardinal fans who ask why the hell I'm still a fan, why I still pay every year for the baseball package, and why I still tune in to 85% of the games.

When they ask that question, they're basically saying that if their team sucked that bad, they'd have no interest in them.

Some "best" fans they are.

While I'll openly admit my team is pathetic, the ownership sucks, the front office sucks, the on-field management sucks, and the players suck, and that I don't spend nearly as much money on them as I would if they were decent, I'd never abandon them. This just seems a foreign concept to these "best" fans.

luv
05-23-2006, 12:42 PM
And I just love the Cardinal fans who ask why the hell I'm still a fan, why I still pay every year for the baseball package, and why I still tune in to 85% of the games.

When they ask that question, they're basically saying that if their team sucked that bad, they'd have no interest in them.

While I'll openly admit my team is pathetic, the ownership sucks, the front office sucks, the on-field management sucks, and the players suck, and that I don't spend nearly as much money on them as I would if they were decent, I'd never abandon them. This just seems a foreign concept to these "best" fans.
No, it doesn't.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3219657&postcount=114

caoecod
05-23-2006, 12:46 PM

That's funny.. You should go to Camden Yards in Baltimore whenever the Yanks or Red Sox come to town.. It becomes Fenway and Yankee Stadium South... I think they should put O's fans on milk cartons because no one can find them.

It's a shame what Peter Angelos did to that team.

Logical
05-23-2006, 12:53 PM

Look I followed the Chiefs during the late 70s and horrid 80s even had season tickets. But away from the games I kept my mouth shut and sure did not spend a lot of time talking about them. I do find it amazing that the Royals fans come in here with what seems to be a little bit of misery loves company attitude then complain when opposition fans come in and smack them around a little bit (in some cases a lot). You don't want to get grief then you should quit posting about the Royals you are egging people on when you do. As to going to games and getting treated rudely, being treated rudely is wrong no matter the reason, doesn't make it special because you are supporting a losing team.

kc1977
05-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Look I followed the Chiefs during the late 70s and horrid 80s even had season tickets. But away from the games I kept my mouth shut and sure did not spend a lot of time talking about them. I do find it amazing that the Royals fans come in here with what seems to be a little bit of misery loves company attitude then complain when opposition fans come in and smack them around a little bit (in some cases a lot). You don't want to get grief then you should quit posting about the Royals you are egging people on when you do. As to going to games and getting treated rudely, being treated rudely is wrong no matter the reason, doesn't make it special because you are supporting a losing team.

Oh - I don't really have any problems with Cardinal fans, except that they claim to be the "best" fans. They are no better or worse than any other city. But, because of this claim, that these days is primarily perpetuated by the media and some of the worst Cardinal fans, I hold them to a higher standard. They flunk under any standard considering them the "best".

I'm a different case than a lot on here - as I live here in St. Louis. I get to see close up every day that they are just like any other city.

They have been consistently good the past 10 years, and they have high attendance to show for it. They think the conclusion to draw from this is that they are the "best" fans and nobody can tell them differently.

Labor Day weekend, 1996, however, was a different story. The Cardinals were battling the Astros, I believe, for first place - and they drew less than 20,000 fans. This was late in the season during the pennant race. No one down here ever has a reasonable explanation for that - except that it directly points to the fact that they are like any other city - they will go through ups and downs in their attendance based largely on how consistently well they have played (i.e., it takes 2-4 years of consistent success to build up most fan bases to the point of consistently having high attendance).

Logical
05-23-2006, 01:11 PM
KC1977

I understand your frustration with the "Best" I find the same thing with fellow Chiefs fans that always feel that Arrowhead is the "Best" homefield advantage, or Arrowhead fans have to be the "Loudest", etc. etc. every city has fans that feel they are the best. I think your frustration should be with the media that support that notion and spread it far and wide about the St. Louis fans.

kc1977
05-23-2006, 01:18 PM
KC1977

I understand your frustration with the "Best" I find the same thing with fellow Chiefs fans that always feel that Arrowhead is the "Best" homefield advantage, or Arrowhead fans have to be the "Loudest", etc. etc. every city has fans that feel they are the best. I think your frustration should be with the media that support that notion and spread it far and wide about the St. Louis fans.

You have a point - but you really have no idea how often fans down here use that.

There are serious debates among the fans about what is proper for the "best" fans to act like, such as whether or not the "best" fans are allowed to boo someone, such as Edgar Renteria who had the nerve to not only not give St. Louis a discount because it is such a "great" baseball city with the "best" fans, but to actually sign with another team.

Seriously - you should have to listen to some of the conversations down here - this notion of the "best" fans is taken so far and so literally it would blow your mind.

Frazod
05-23-2006, 01:29 PM

It's a very simple concept. It's called masochism.