PDA

View Full Version : So - Who is taking a beating in the market the last 2 weeks?

Bootlegged
05-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Going down like Vito on a construction worker.

SLAG
05-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Going down like Vito on a construction worker.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

3 Vito threads in the lounge

whats up with that

Rain Man
05-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Brutal market. Brutal. I'm down almost five percent in the last month.

I need to put some more cash in. I've got some money sitting around in cash in my retirement account from selling some stuff off a couple of months ago. The time is right, but I need to find the right stocks.

ChiefsfaninPA
05-22-2006, 11:03 AM
The time is right, but I need to find the right stocks.

Just index. They are down also.

Amnorix
05-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Getting pounded pretty good, no doubt about it.

sd4chiefs
05-22-2006, 11:37 AM
My Energy Stocks are crashing. :deevee:

Bootlegged
05-22-2006, 11:39 AM
WDC is interesting. Buyout speculation at 32-35. Good buy opportunity today.

vailpass
05-22-2006, 11:39 AM
:cuss: My stock options went from $6.20 above strike price to their present value of $0.00.

I know its only temporary but I am still avoiding looking at e-trade whereas before I liked looking every day. :banghead:

OTOH it is a hell of a time to buy; this is when the big money is made.
Warren Buffet is probably eating small corporations for lunch this week.

BIG_DADDY
05-22-2006, 11:50 AM
:cuss: My stock options went from $6.20 above strike price to their present value of $0.00.

I know its only temporary but I am still avoiding looking at e-trade whereas before I liked looking every day. :banghead:

OTOH it is a hell of a time to buy; this is when the big money is made.
Warren Buffet is probably eating small corporations for lunch this week.

If you exercise to own and have a position over 100k you can use a liquidity structure to secure your wealth while still retaining upside.

chubychecker
05-22-2006, 12:08 PM
The time is right, but I need to find the right stocks.

Take a look at the large caps. There was a good article in business week last month regarding them. Companies in the S&P 100 have over quadrupled (sp?) their earnings in the last five years and the stock prices are up less than a percent as of last month (they are probably negative now). Something has to give. This is your Walmarts, hd, GE, Intel etc. I know what you are thinking that they havent done squat. That is why you buy now. These are all growth stocks that have P/E's similar to value stocks. DOW chemical is also a good buy trading near it's 52-week low with a P/E under 10. Microsoft is another one that is undervalued but I am still quite scared of the tech sector. I'm not sure now is the time to buy in the energy sector but COP is undervalued and after they recently acquired Burlington Resources is a huge player in natural gas as well as oil. It is another good long-term company.

The last thing I would do is buy an index in my 401k where I assume you have access to managed funds. That's just my opinion though. A well managed fund is going to beat the index with a lot less risk. (See American Funds, Franklin Templeton, T-Rowe Price, and even some vanguard and fidelity funds). If you need help choosing a fund let me know the symbol and I can provide some info.

Good luck. I like your outlook. THe market is indeed ON SALE!!!!