PDA

View Full Version : Come be a Scot even if your not

redbrian
05-22-2006, 11:47 AM
http://www.kcscottishgames.org/

On June 9th and 10th we will be holding the 29th annual Scottish Highland Games in Riverside Mo, at the EH Young Park (just east of the Argosy).

For all of those that can attend this promises to be a good time.

Friday night’s main event will be a performance by the Elders (a premier local Irish rock band)

Saturday will be filled with crazed athletes in kilts tossing heavy objects in the air.

Also of interest to many, we will be featuring Scottish Ale on tap brewed specially for the games by Schafly Brewery.

There will also be a Scotch tasting tent, for $10 you can sample 10 Single Malts from around Scotland.

Oh and if it comes in time I may be seen sporting a jaunty McLean tartan kilt (well worth the price of admission to see) ROFL .

JBucc
05-22-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm Scottich!

Donger
05-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Friday night’s main event will be a performance by the Elders (a premier local Irish rock band)

Most excellent. The Scots will have someone to fight with besides each other.

Clint in Wichita
05-22-2006, 12:00 PM
If I show up, do I get to kill the English?

redbrian
05-22-2006, 12:02 PM

It's going to be like Braveheart (as long as we can find someone else to fight that is). :p

redbrian
05-22-2006, 12:04 PM
If I show up, do I get to kill the English?

Yes but you have to do it using this, http://www.kcscottishgames.org/schedule.html

HC_Chief
05-22-2006, 12:05 PM
I don't have to smell or eat Hagus if I attend, do I?

:Lin:

Tatertot13
05-22-2006, 12:09 PM
This will be the perfect place for me to sport my body paint kilt

StcChief
05-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Schafly's Scottish Ale is decent.
Sam Adam's makes one (or use to) as well.

The single malts sampling for 10 bucks. Not a scotch drinker.

redbrian
05-22-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't have to smell or eat Hagus if I attend, do I?

:Lin:

You don't have to eat any, smelling though is entirely up to you ;)

HC_Chief
05-22-2006, 12:13 PM
You don't have to eat any, smelling though is entirely up to you ;)

Hopefully they'll have the Hagus-lovers' tents segregated far away from the rest of the festivities. If I smell that wretched concoction I will barf! :)

Sounds like fun.... have to talk to the missus.

redbrian
05-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Schafly's Scottish Ale is decent.
Sam Adam's makes one (or use to) as well.

The single malts sampling for 10 bucks. Not a scotch drinker.

We used to serve New Castle but the distributor is have financial troubles and could not help us out this year.

We went to Blvd and Schafly for bids, Schafly came back with the best offer, including making a private labeled Scottish Ale specifically for the games.

redbrian
05-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Just bringing this backup for the evening crowd.

listopencil
05-22-2006, 06:31 PM

That never stopped us before.

NJ Chief Fan
05-22-2006, 06:37 PM
i have scotch tape

Bob Dole
05-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Good old Riverside and Thursday skate night.

Bob Dole still tells a story about the Public Safety guys in Riverside and their version of CPR.

Stand over the lifeless body and yell as loud as you can, "IF YOU DON'T BREATHE, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!"

redbrian
05-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Good old Riverside and Thursday skate night.

Bob Dole still tells a story about the Public Safety guys in Riverside and their version of CPR.

Stand over the lifeless body and yell as loud as you can, "IF YOU DON'T BREATHE, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!"

Things have defiantly changed in Riverside, gone are the Twin and Riverside drive-ins. No more ¼ mile dirt race track, hell even Red X has cleaned it’s self up and is ¾ respectable these days.

stevieray
05-22-2006, 09:25 PM
I live five minutes from Riverside.. I might meander on down.

Phobia
05-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Sounds like a very cool event.

BigRedChief
05-22-2006, 11:15 PM
http://www.kcscottishgames.org/

On June 9th and 10th we will be holding the 29th annual Scottish Highland Games in Riverside Mo, at the EH Young Park (just east of the Argosy).

For all of those that can attend this promises to be a good time.

Saturday will be filled with crazed athletes in kilts tossing heavy objects in the air.

Also of interest to many, we will be featuring Scottish Ale on tap brewed specially for the games by Schafly Brewery.

There will also be a Scotch tasting tent, for $10 you can sample 10 Single Malts from around Scotland.

Oh and if it comes in time I may be seen sporting a jaunty McLean tartan kilt (well worth the price of admission to see) ROFL .WTF are you doing inviting them? So us lager boys can have someone to give a good leathering to? Better be or we be Banjoing on your ballon knot limey :p

It's bad enough that the Royal Scots are gone last week after 400 frigging years...the Black Watch, the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, the Royal Highland Fusiliers, the King's Own Scottish Borderers and the Highlanders all gone...........now this :shake:

McCormick Clan Rules!
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~clanmccormick/Image8.gif

listopencil
05-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Sept of the Clan Morrison here.

Archie F. Swin
05-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Haggis is Yummy! See?!

Aye, Clan Cameron!

Count Alex's Losses
05-23-2006, 12:21 AM
AYE!!!

listopencil
05-23-2006, 12:36 AM
If it's nae Scottish it's crap!

redbrian
05-23-2006, 09:13 AM
WTF are you doing inviting them? So us lager boys can have someone to give a good leathering to? Better be or we be Banjoing on your ballon knot limey :p

It's bad enough that the Royal Scots are gone last week after 400 frigging years...the Black Watch, the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, the Royal Highland Fusiliers, the King's Own Scottish Borderers and the Highlanders all gone...........now this :shake:

McCormick Clan Rules!
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~clanmccormick/Image8.gif

The Anglo’s money spends as well as anyone else’s (and we need the money after last year’s rain out).

One more cool thing that is being done, a gal working on her PhD at KU (see we let anyone show up), is going to be doing a DNA study for free (this usually costs $100 or more), if you know which clan your family is associated with she will take a sample and run a DNA test.

She is trying to prove through DNA that the Scottish red hair comes from Scandinavia.

redbrian
05-23-2006, 09:14 AM
Haggis is Yummy! See?!

Aye, Clan Cameron!

Haggis pups are a big hit with the kids, don't tell them whats in it and they will gobble them down.

BigRedChief
05-23-2006, 08:11 PM
bump for the Scots