PDA

View Full Version : Why Shields and Roaf Return

Color Red
05-22-2006, 12:15 PM
You know why Shields and Roaf are returning this season? Last off season they seemed more tentative about returning for last year. Coming back for a late career season is usually less attractive when you are getting a new head coach that season. Why would they do it?

Because of how last season ended with Larry Johnson. Short of winning a Super Bowl, great players like to be a part of something special. No body who was part of that OL late last season wants to miss this season to see if Larry continues to be the Larry they've seen and imagined... The thought is, all else aside, they feel this year has a chance to possibly be one of those Eric Dickerson or Terrell Davis kind of seasons for LJ (2000+ yds). Something special.

Rain Man
05-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Regardless of the team prospects, I'm stoked about this year to see if LJ can break 2,000 yards. It's honestly got me excited about the coming season.

StcChief
05-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Regardless of the team prospects, I'm stoked about this year to see if LJ can break 2,000 yards. It's honestly got me excited about the coming season.Yep.
Keep him healthy with doses of backup getting 5-10 carries/plays and plenty of passing short medium, occasional long to keep their D honest.

LJ has excellent chance of 2000 yds.

Calcountry
05-22-2006, 12:24 PM
I hope LJ is up to the bone crushing hits he is going to have to endure for a whole season. My biggest fear, is that Herm and Solari will rely too heavily on the run this year.

greg63
05-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Regardless of the team prospects, I'm stoked about this year to see if LJ can break 2,000 yards. It's honestly got me excited about the coming season.

My only offensive concern is the absence of T-Rich.

Reerun_KC
05-22-2006, 12:31 PM
With Herms version of Martyball, I dont think LJ will make it through this year...

I am alittle concerned about the direction the offense is taking. R they even going to pass?

Rain Man
05-22-2006, 12:33 PM
My only offensive concern is the absence of T-Rich.

I'm very disappointed to lose him. My only solace is a thought of questionable veracity that perhaps T-Rich's blocking style wasn't as well suited to LJ as it was to Priest, and that maybe lining up a big guy like Dunn is better for that purpose. I wouldn't mind seeing Dunn on the field a lot this year.

Lzen
05-22-2006, 01:12 PM
With Herms version of Martyball, I dont think LJ will make it through this year...

I am alittle concerned about the direction the offense is taking. R they even going to pass?

htismaqe
05-22-2006, 01:14 PM

Just shovel passes. However, in the method they plan on using them, they are technically backward laterals.

patteeu
05-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Just shovel passes. However, in the method they plan on using them, they are technically backward laterals.

ROFL