PDA

View Full Version : My kids Flag Football team goes Undefeated!!!

MahiMike
05-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Sorry for posting a non-Chiefs item but since it IS football related, I have to gloat somewhere. I coach my kids 7-8 yr old flag football team. We won every game and the other kids voted my son MVP...

Gators end the season Undefeated!

We win the Division Championship!

Gators 14, Sharks 0.

What a way to end the season. They say it's almost impossible to beat a team 3 times and the Sharks proved why. They really came to play and were well coached. But in the end, our league-leading defense and ball controlling offense spelled too much for them.

In the second meeting, they had some success in throwing the ball so we were expecting some passes. On the first play from scrimmage, Alex sniffed out the deep ball and intercepted it and took it to the house. That marked his 5th defensive TD of the season, another league-leading stat.

Patrick had one long run to the 3 yd line but our offense bogged down in the no-run zone. After that, the defense of the Sharks tightened up. They were able to hold our potent runners to only one other TD. This time it was Alex again that was able to squirt through the hole and outrun the secondary to the endzone. Jordan added a 2-point conversion to give us the final score of 14-0.

The pressure was on the Gators to stay undefeated but in the end they proved worthier than the NFL Colts and held on to their perfect season.

I'm so proud of you guys!

Have a great summer and see you in the fall.

Rain Man
05-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Congrats! What year of the Five-Year Plan were you in?

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Way to go! Can any of them play baseball?

Skip Towne
05-22-2006, 12:57 PM
So I suppose you'll raise ticket prices now.

Lzen
05-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Eh, flag football is for sissies. :p

jidar
05-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Eh, flag football is for sissies. :p

It's 7 and 8 year olds you doofus.

My son will be starting Tackle football this season though at the age of 9.

MahiMike
05-22-2006, 01:46 PM
In 8 games we gave up a total of 46 points. I'm finishing up my documentation for Gunther now. My kid led the league in interceptions for TDs so I ask you - TY WHO?

DJJasonp
05-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Congrats....let's sign 'em up!

When I was a kid, I played on a flag football team that went undefeated and unscored on (8-0). I remember it being a big deal and got a little local publicity....the last game of the year a team scored on us in the 2nd half, but was called back due to a penalty.... our schoolteacher at the time had to knock us down a peg or two because we all got pretty big egos from it. Those were fun times.

jspchief
05-22-2006, 03:26 PM
You should take them to Hooters to celebrate. Or a stip club.

Lzen
05-22-2006, 03:39 PM
It's 7 and 8 year olds you doofus.

My son will be starting Tackle football this season though at the age of 9.

Ummm, yeah. I got that part. My son was playing tackle football starting at the age of 7.

Also, I was just being a smartass. Lighten up.