PDA

View Full Version : Which would make you more mad?

chiefsfaninNC
05-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Lot's of pressure on Herm to do well in his first year. Got me to thinking about the success of the team this year. Thus the question what would make me more mad? 13-3 and yet another 1st round exit from the playoffs or an injury riddled year which has us finishing at 2-14? I would make it a poll, but I am just a lowly n00b and would more than likely F it up.

My answer would be 1st round exit. At least at 2-14 we would get a top draft pick.

DMAC
05-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Yes, I am sick of being mediocre.

hypersensitiveZO6
05-22-2006, 02:56 PM
We might as well be 13-3 but no one here wants that. ROFL

wazu
05-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Hard to say that a 13-3 season would make me more "mad" than 2-14, but it would certainly make it a lot harder to focus on the positives. At least with 2-14 I get to upgrade my seats.

DJJasonp
05-22-2006, 03:10 PM
2-14 would be an incredibly hard slap in the face of:

Trent Green
Willie Roaf
Will Shields
Me

King_Chief_Fan
05-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Lot's of pressure on Herm to do well in his first year. Got me to thinking about the success of the team this year. Thus the question what would make me more mad? 13-3 and yet another 1st round exit from the playoffs or an injury riddled year which has us finishing at 2-14? I would make it a poll, but I am just a lowly n00b and would more than likely F it up.

My answer would be 1st round exit. At least at 2-14 we would get a top draft pick.

the only thing(s) that will make me mad is:
1)10-6 and still miss the playoffs
2) more games played like they did against Eagles and Cowboys and Bills
Those were 3 games that could have easily been won.

jspchief
05-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Jesus tap dancing christ. How can anyone say they would prefer 2-14?

Do you guys watch the games? Or is it just about the W/L total?

2-14 would mean sitting through 14 losses. I can't see how that would possibly be considered more enjoyable than watching 13 wins. I think you guys are a little spoiled.

Sully
05-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Jesus tap dancing christ.

Best colloquialism.....EVER!!! ROFL

rad
05-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Yes, I am sick of being mediocre.
I agree. Commited to excellence or commited to sucking, at least you're commited.

chiefsfaninNC
05-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Jesus tap dancing christ. How can anyone say they would prefer 2-14?

Do you guys watch the games? Or is it just about the W/L total?

2-14 would mean sitting through 14 losses. I can't see how that would possibly be considered more enjoyable than watching 13 wins. I think you guys are a little spoiled.

Of course I watch the games. And a 2-14 season would definately be miserable. But I am tired of being mediocre and hanging around the middle of the pack. I would rather suck ass all year long and be able to point to injuries as the reason and look forward to decent picks in the draft, rather than make another early exit in the playoffs.

FAX
05-22-2006, 03:22 PM

It's like a choice between losing your nuts via sharp knife or brute force, Mr. ChiefsfaninNC. However, given these two options, I would have to say the 2-14 season would result in more anxiety for me.

Even though another 1st round playoff loss is meaningless given the age of most of our best players, at least I could enjoy more games during the season. Plus, Iím used to late season disappointments.

As for the polling technology, please let me know if you figure it out. The entire process baffles me entirely.

FAX

morphius
05-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Anyone who wants to sit through a 2-14 season just turn on the Royals, and let the rest of watch something that sucks less.

Fish
05-22-2006, 03:28 PM
You guys would rather have high draft picks than a 13 win season?

That's the most stupidest ungenios plan yet.......

jspchief
05-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Of course I watch the games. And a 2-14 season would definately be miserable. But I am tired of being mediocre and hanging around the middle of the pack. I would rather suck ass all year long and be able to point to injuries as the reason and look forward to decent picks in the draft, rather than make another early exit in the playoffs.That reasoning is inconceivable to me.

Tired of being mediocre, so you'd rather suck? That's like saying you're tired of having sex with average girls, so you're going to start screwing fat ugly ones.

I think people put too much stock in the crap opposing fans say. I can't think of any other reason a play-off berth would be considered bad, regardless of outcome.

I only get a limited number of chances to watch my favorite team each year. I can't imagine ever wanting anything but wins.

ArrowheadHawk
05-22-2006, 03:30 PM
i never want to see a 2-14 year unless the equivelant of lebran james is going to be in the draft

rad
05-22-2006, 03:41 PM
That reasoning is inconceivable to me.

Tired of being mediocre, so you'd rather suck? That's like saying you're tired of having sex with 1 1 average girl, so you're going to start screwing 55 fat ugly ones.

Thats closer to what he's likening it to.

chiefsfaninNC
05-22-2006, 03:43 PM
That reasoning is inconceivable to me.

Tired of being mediocre, so you'd rather suck? That's like saying you're tired of having sex with average girls, so you're going to start screwing fat ugly ones.

I think people put too much stock in the crap opposing fans say. I can't think of any other reason a play-off berth would be considered bad, regardless of outcome.

I only get a limited number of chances to watch my favorite team each year. I can't imagine ever wanting anything but wins.

I do not have sex with fat chicks. I found my wife in Argentina because I ddid not want to spend my life with a fat American woman. I wanted the best. I expect no less from my sports team. No one wins every year, but we haven't won in 14! I would gladly accept total suckage in return for better players. It seems to me that Carl has won your heart. Win enough games to fill the seats. I want a championship. Not status quo.

Rain Man
05-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Give me a 13-3 record and a playoff loss. That would equal 13 weeks of happy, 3 weeks of sad, and 1 week of distraught. It beats 2 weeks of happy and 14 weeks of sad.

JBucc
05-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Well if I already knew we were going to lose in the playoffs that would take a lot of fun out of the 13-3 season, but I'd still have to go with 13-3.

Fish
05-22-2006, 03:50 PM
I do not have sex with fat chicks. I found my wife in Argentina because I ddid not want to spend my life with a fat American woman. I wanted the best. I expect no less from my sports team. No one wins every year, but we haven't won in 14! I would gladly accept total suckage in return for better players. It seems to me that Carl has won your heart. Win enough games to fill the seats. I want a championship. Not status quo.

You want a championship, but the way you want to go about it is to have a 2-14 season? Seriously... WTF?

I'm wondering if you have any idea whatsoever how team building works....

Do you honestly think that the draft picks we got for a 2-14 season is going to cause us to have a complete turnaround? If so I have some land to sell you............

Good grief what has this come to?

Fish
05-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Ohh and great line with the whole American fat chicks vs. Argentina women being the best.... yeah....

Keep it up, this is better than drugs......

rad
05-22-2006, 03:54 PM
No one wins every year, but we haven't won in 14! I would gladly accept total suckage in return for better players. It seems to me that Carl has won your heart. Win enough games to fill the seats. I want a championship. Not status quo.

Hey, leave him alone, some are content to make like sheep and follow the herd.
I agree with you, total suckage b/c of injuries is different than your basic run-of-the-mill suckage. I may be able to endure that more than another heapin' helpin' of CP's mediocre BS sucking the blood out of the most loyal fans in the world.

rad
05-22-2006, 03:56 PM
You want a championship, but the way you want to go about it is to have a 2-14 season? Seriously... WTF?

Do you honestly think that the draft picks we got for a 2-14 season is going to cause us to have a complete turnaround? If so I have some land to sell you............

Baaa Baaa....

Rain Man
05-22-2006, 04:01 PM

I must have not been paying attention in 1992.

bogie
05-22-2006, 04:02 PM

Wha?? I guess I watch football for a different reason.

Fried Meat Ball!
05-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Best colloquialism.....EVER!!! ROFL
Just for clarity, the quote is "Jesus H. tapdancing Christ."

chiefsfaninNC
05-22-2006, 04:04 PM

I think you missed something in the opening post. I do not plan on rebuilding nor do I want a 2-14 season. I am just saying I am tired of this team going nowhere. I am saying it is more acceptable to me to have an injury riddled season that leads to high draft picks rather than another early exit in the playoffs. What did our 10-6 season get us last year? We finished 2nd in the division and still picked behind the damn donks.

Fish
05-22-2006, 04:38 PM
I think you missed something in the opening post. I do not plan on rebuilding nor do I want a 2-14 season. I am just saying I am tired of this team going nowhere. I am saying it is more acceptable to me to have an injury riddled season that leads to high draft picks rather than another early exit in the playoffs. What did our 10-6 season get us last year? We finished 2nd in the division and still picked behind the damn donks.

No I didn't miss anything in your opening post... I just read it again and it is just as stupid the second time....

You're still saying you'd rather have an injury riddled season and high draft picks as opposed to a chance in the playoffs.

I think you're putting way too much value on draft picks. Who gives a shit if we picked behind the Donks?

Does that mean our first pick will never perform as well as their first pick?

rad
05-22-2006, 04:41 PM
No I didn't miss anything in your opening post... I just read it again and it is just as stupid the second time....

You're still saying you'd rather have an injury riddled season and high draft picks as opposed to a chance in the playoffs.

I think you're putting way too much value on draft picks. Who gives a shit if we picked behind the Donks?

Does that mean our first pick will never perform as well as their first pick?

Try reading the thread starter......

Fish
05-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Try reading the thread starter......

For the 9th f*cking time, I read the thread starter. I understand he's making it a "which would be worse" scenario......

That doesn't change the fact that it's a stupid idea for a stupid thread, which serves no point but to congregate the "Chiefs are doomed" retards.

But if you wanna play in the special kids' sandbox with him then by all means put on your helmet and go ahead....

rad
05-22-2006, 05:10 PM
For the 9th f*cking time, I read the thread starter. I understand he's making it a "which would be worse" scenario......

That doesn't change the fact that it's a stupid idea for a stupid thread, which serves no point but to congregate the "Chiefs are doomed" retards.

But if you wanna play in the special kids' sandbox with him then by all means put on your helmet and go ahead....

You have solidified your retardedness.........
you said you would rather "have a shot" when the choice is a first rd. exit yet again...Maybe 2-14 will finally get CP fired.....
Now run along with the other sheep

chiefsfaninNC
05-22-2006, 05:29 PM

Who said the Chiefs are doomed? Do you think that your feeble attempt at name calling justifies your retarded Homerism? Why get rid of Marty then? Bring back DV and AS. Sign Carl to a lifetime contract. And by all means say hello to Marge and Bart for me.

Fish
05-22-2006, 05:34 PM
You have solidified your retardedness.........
you said you would rather "have a shot" when the choice is a first rd. exit yet again...Maybe 2-14 will finally get CP fired.....
Now run along with the other sheep

Ohh thank you for that triumphantly accurate observation Sherlock.... You have shown me the error of my ways. I guess I'll just start thinking like you. Sorry if I just shit all over this obviously brilliant post and then rubbed a particularly peanutty-chunky dollop of it in your mouth. I really didn't mean to..... it's not like me at all. Just a sheep.... Here's to 2-14!!! Fire Carl!!

Jeezus.... it's like playin cards with my brother's kids or something....

SLAG
05-22-2006, 05:41 PM

But if you wanna play in the special kids' sandbox with him then by all means put on your helmet and go ahead.......

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=57578&stc=1

rad
05-22-2006, 05:42 PM
ROFL ROFL

That's not right.

Predarat
05-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Even though I would rather have the 13-3, it would make me more mad then the injury riddled 2-14. The 2-14 would make me more numb then mad but another first round exit would have me fuming.

htismaqe
05-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Ohh thank you for that triumphantly accurate observation Sherlock.... You have shown me the error of my ways. I guess I'll just start thinking like you. Sorry if I just shit all over this obviously brilliant post and then rubbed a particularly peanutty-chunky dollop of it in your mouth. I really didn't mean to..... it's not like me at all. Just a sheep.... Here's to 2-14!!! Fire Carl!!

Jeezus.... it's like playin cards with my brother's kids or something....

At least with your brother's kids you can give them a bottle and put them to bed.

More than you can say for the whiners around here.

crispystl420
05-23-2006, 03:04 PM
i never want to see a 2-14 year unless the equivelant of lebran james is going to be in the draft
He was see 2006 draft pick #2 the texans are gonna be kicking themselves in ass for years over that one.

Fish
05-23-2006, 03:54 PM
At least with your brother's kids you can give them a bottle and put them to bed.

More than you can say for the whiners around here.

I was unprepared for the level of idiocy that this offseason has created...