PDA

View Full Version : OK other than final rosters it is time - for Predictions, Offense, Defense, Points

Logical
05-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Based on talent on team today:

I predict the more conservative offense will really hit hard and lower our productivity

Points production drops to 365
Yards rushing increases to 2600
Yards passing decreases to 3200
Total offense ranking around 12th

Defense will improve

Points allowed decrease to 285
Yards rushing allowed stays about at 1600
Yards passing allowed down to 3300
Total defense ranking around 19th

So what do you think?

JBucc
05-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Offense

26.3 ppg
211 pass ypg
169 rush ypg

Defense

18.4 ppg
235 pass ypg
79 rush ypg

NaptownChief
05-22-2006, 09:11 PM
I largely agree with all your predictions and believe it will lead to a 9-7 record considering our division.....Followed by a similar but slightly less result in 2007 due to Shields and Roaf heading into retirement followed by a Herm Average firing after a 6-10 2008.

Logical
05-22-2006, 09:41 PM
Offense

26.3 ppg
211 pass ypg
169 rush ypg

Defense

18.4 ppg
235 pass ypg
79 rush ypgI think your points per game for the offense is way too high. Other than that your numbers seem possible with the exception of the 79 rush ypg, I don't know what has changed that would make you think this defense could allow less than 1300 yards. That would be far better than any defense in the league allowed last year.

keg in kc
05-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Too early to predict, but I think our PPG on offense will go back up closer to (or over) 30, and I don't think there will be a drastic change in yardage or how it's accrued (i.e. 3800-4000 passing/2100-2300 rushing).

I think the defense will end up top-10, both rushing and passing will be improved (particularly passing), and I think the scoring defense will drop into the 17.5 - 18.5 ppg range.

11-5.

Assuming no string of major injuries...

dj56dt58
05-22-2006, 10:23 PM
These guys on offense will go out on top. When they sruggled last season, it was w/o Roaf. When Holmes was starting, he wasn't quite as productive as usual. Condsidering our O-Line stays healthy and LJ starts the entire season, I would say our offense stays at #1.

Defensively, I say with these younger guys getting some experience, and some more young guys on the way with a lot of talent, with some good veteral leadership and a new defensive coaching staff, I say It finally jumps to top 10-15.

Special teams-Dante Hall will have a huge year as people are starting to get less worried about him as he hasn't had those explosive returns recently. I think the blocking will improve for him and he will stop trying to do too much as he has been the past few seasons. The kick coverage will be better, and Lawrence Tynes will make the pro bowl.

TRR
05-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Too early to tell. I would like to think our red zone scoring would go up because Saunders liked to get cute down deep. Pounding the ball with LJ is what the doctor ordered, and Solari will do that. Otherwise, I don't think there will be much change in the offense.

Defensively, I think it all depends on the D Line. I think Surtain will play better in his 2nd year at CB, and I honestly think Lenny Walls is an improvement over McCleon/Warfield/Washington, especially in the cover 2. However, it all goes back to the D Line. I'm praying for a breakout year for one of our D Tackles. I see two possibilities...Ryan Sims and Ron Edwards. Edwards is a HUGE DT who could allow Sims to roam free a little bit. I've also heard rumors that Hicks will be moved inside to DT. I definitely think our DE's will be solid as Hali is the slightly more athletic version of Jared Allen IMO.

keg in kc
05-22-2006, 11:04 PM
I've also heard rumors that Hicks will be moved inside to DT.That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, unless we're talking about in the nickel 3-4 package. I don't think he's ever played above 275-280. He'd need at least 15 pounds more than that.

Rausch
05-22-2006, 11:26 PM
I don't feel like looking up last year's stats to compare so I'll just use a ranking and run with it.

Offense:
PPG = 6th
Yards rushing = 3rd
Yards passing = 9th
Total offense ranking = 8th

Defense:

PPG = 11th
Yards rushing allowed = 9th
Yards passing allowed = 16th (without Law or adding another CB)
Total defense ranking = 11th

MahiMike
05-23-2006, 07:44 AM
We lost our best offensive mind in Al Saunders and replaced him with a Marty-clone. Yeah, I'd say our offensive production is definitely headed south - to the tune of 10 points per game.

On the flip side, we'll be giving up 7 point less per game.

Averaged out, we'll lose 1 game per point (3 games) to give what could have been 11 wins back down to an 8-8 season.

Dammit Carl! :cuss:

htismaqe
05-23-2006, 08:39 AM
We lost our best offensive mind in Al Saunders and replaced him with a Marty-clone. Yeah, I'd say our offensive production is definitely headed south - to the tune of 10 points per game.

On the flip side, we'll be giving up 7 point less per game.

Averaged out, we'll lose 1 game per point (3 games) to give what could have been 11 wins back down to an 8-8 season.

Dammit Carl! :cuss:

ROFL

10 point a game? ROFL

Your retarted.

greg63
05-23-2006, 08:42 AM
...So what do you think?

Thinking makes my head hurt. :p