PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Pancreatitis here?

Demonpenz
05-23-2006, 12:42 AM
I think I do

SLAG
05-23-2006, 12:45 AM
ROFL

but if ur serious get to the ER if not...

ROFL

Demonpenz
05-23-2006, 12:50 AM
i am getting tir

listopencil
05-23-2006, 12:59 AM
Is your pancreas swollen and painful? I don't know if that's a sign of pancreatitis, I was just wondering.

Rausch
05-23-2006, 01:02 AM
First person to attribute this to the Carb diet gets a sharp jab in the lower GI with a flaming trident...

go bowe
05-23-2006, 01:41 AM
if you feel like you're having a heart attack with unbearable pain in your chest and stomach area, and can't keep anything down and you're sure you're going to die, then yes, you have pancreatitis...

anybody can get it, not just alcoholics...

iirc, once the lipids get over a certain amount in your blood, you can get pancreatitis, at least that's what happened to me...

pancreatitis is treated in the hospital with iv fluids and big time pain relievers for several days to allow the pancreas to return to normal...

if you're still wondering about it, you probably don't have pancreatitis, maybe you just have acid refulx disease or gastritis from drinking too much on an empty stomach...

or not...

Rausch
05-23-2006, 01:43 AM
if you feel like you're having a heart attack with unbearable pain in your chest and stomach area, and can't keep anything down and you're sure you're going to die, then yes, you have pancreatitis...

Or a panic attack...

go bowe
05-23-2006, 01:44 AM
First person to attribute this to the Carb diet gets a sharp jab in the lower GI with a flaming trident...when you say carb diet, which one do you mean?

the one where you eat a lot of carbs on purpose, or the one where you don't eat any carbs at all, but instead eat lots of fats?

afaik, a high carb diet cannot possibly cause pancreatitis unless the carb is nothing but alcohol...

whereas it is possible, but not likely, that a high fat/no carb diet taken to excess could cause pancreatitis...

do i get the trident?

go bowe
05-23-2006, 01:45 AM
Or a panic attack...good point...

i've had both, and the pancreatitis is much more convincing...

Chiefs Pantalones
05-23-2006, 01:46 AM
My balls itch, but that's not pancreatitis, that's just an occasional itch.

Demonpenz
05-23-2006, 02:05 AM
Nevermind I think it's just my liver

go bowe
05-23-2006, 02:11 AM
that's good, you don't need a liver...