PDA

View Full Version : Who Is The Grumpiest Planeteer?

Donger
05-23-2006, 01:23 PM
I have my own opinion, but I'd like to hear your's. And by 'grumpy,' I mean consistently grumpy, as if that were their standard mood.

Thanks.

Dartgod
05-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Skip will win this in a landslide.

go bowe
05-23-2006, 01:27 PM
well, the obvious first choice would have to be skip...

jidar
05-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Is this some kind of trick question? How could anyone say anything other than skip?

sedated
05-23-2006, 01:30 PM
jsp is pretty grumpy

Donger
05-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Interesting. I didn't even consider Skip.

Lzen
05-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Heh, I'm not touching this one. However, if a poll were attached.......... :)

Mr. Kotter
Skip, duh......:p

Interesting. I didn't even consider Skip.

I'd like to see your list then....:hmmm:

JBucc
I think Skip gets considered as grumpy just because he's old. and grumpy.

chagrin
05-23-2006, 01:34 PM
I used to think Simplex3 would be right up there too, but his mood has lightened up a little in the last several months.

SLAG
05-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Sometimes i confuse Skip, MilkMan and Jsp.. it could be worse

Donger
05-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Skip, duh......:p

I'd like to see your list then....:hmmm:

Clint In Wichita.

Braincase
05-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Screw you.

jidar
05-23-2006, 01:37 PM
actually simplex is pretty pissy too.

Skip Towne
05-23-2006, 01:40 PM
F*ck all you assholes. I'm not grumpy. Milkman is grumpy.

Stinger
05-23-2006, 01:43 PM

Your just old and belligerent. :D

go bowe
05-23-2006, 01:45 PM
hey, don't say old like it's a bad thing, you whippedsnatcher you...

PastorMikH
05-23-2006, 01:46 PM
Actually I think the correct question is, "who is the second most grumpy Planeteer."

First place is by far and away locked up by Skip.

:)

Buster's Dad
05-23-2006, 01:55 PM
you are to grumpy and you know it , be quite and take your medicine :cuss: :cuss:

BIG_DADDY
05-23-2006, 01:57 PM

Crotchety old fool. One day Skip will terrorize a nursing home.

Over-Head
05-23-2006, 02:11 PM
I can’t think of anyone who’s "always grumpy".
Mean, nasty, ignorant, confused, dysfunctional, rude, queer, no-commiting, nosey, and half baked YES.
Grumpy , hummmm let me think on this one :hmmm:

Katipan
I used to think jspchief was grumpy. Now I think it's just an act.

Over-Head
Crotchety old fool. One day Skip will terrorize a nursing home.ROFL

JimNasium
05-23-2006, 02:31 PM
My short list would have to include:

Phobia
Big Daddy
Bob Dole
Skip Towne
Laz

rad
05-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Hitsmage can get kinda grumpy if some one disagrees with him.

BucEyedPea
05-23-2006, 02:33 PM
There's grumpiness...then there's endearing grumpiness.

KcMizzou
05-23-2006, 02:49 PM
F*ck all you assholes. I'm not grumpy. ROFL

Skip Towne
05-23-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm thinking about being nicer. Maybe even really nice. So nice I'll make FAX look rude.

Katipan
05-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Ack. You'll throw your back out.

Donger
05-23-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm thinking about being nicer. Maybe even really nice. So nice I'll make FAX look rude.

Maybe you should. Apparently some here think that you're not very amiable.

I must say that I've been much happier since my conversion.

rad
05-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I noticed a difference with the new avatar and all. Quite a switch. What happened?

Donger
05-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I noticed a difference with the new avatar and all. Quite a switch. What happened?

badgirl.

htismaqe
05-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Hitsmage can get kinda grumpy if some one disagrees with him.

Bullshit.

Thig Lyfe
05-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Damn kids and their rock music!

burt
05-23-2006, 03:32 PM
HEY!!! I have tried to be grumpy....and not even an honorable mention.... dang! Note to self...be grumpier...more late night calls to Phobia...piss off patteeu again....must work harder.....

rad
05-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Bullshit.
See?!! ROFL

PastorMikH
05-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Crotchety old fool. One day Soon Skip will terrorize a nursing home.

Fixed it for you.

Simplex3
05-23-2006, 03:40 PM
I used to think Simplex3 would be right up there too, but his mood has lightened up a little in the last several months.

actually simplex is pretty pissy too.
I'm now one with the Buddah, so you can both f**k off and kiss my ass.

:p

HEY!!! I have tried to be grumpy....and not even an honorable mention.... dang! Note to self...be grumpier...more late night calls to Phobia...piss off patteeu again....must work harder.....

It took me YEARS of tirades to get this recognition. You don't have it in you, you're too soft. Accept it and move on.

chiefsfaninNC
05-23-2006, 03:40 PM

This will go nowhere. Due to alzheimer's or just plain old senility, this thought is already long lost.

Simplex3
05-23-2006, 03:41 PM
badgirl.
So what "switch" did you go through? The whole badgirl affair cause you to do a little introspection?

Simplex3
05-23-2006, 03:42 PM
This will go nowhere. Due to alzheimer's or just plain old senility, this thought is already long lost.
Haven't you figured it out yet? Skip uses the Planet as his memory. Hence the random threads about nothing.

Donger
05-23-2006, 03:42 PM
So what "switch" did you go through? The whole badgirl affair cause you to do a little introspection?

I realized that I wasn't very nice to people here, and in general. So, now I'm nice to everyone.

Simplex3
05-23-2006, 03:44 PM
I realized that I wasn't very nice to people here, and in general. So, now I'm nice to everyone.
Hehe. I mellowed out when I read a book by a Buddhist monk who explained to me how you f**kers don't exist anyway, but even if you did you're impermanant so you aren't worth getting worked up over.

jspchief
05-23-2006, 03:49 PM
jsp is pretty grumpyWhile I certainly have my moments, I wouldn't describe it as consistent.

Simplex3
05-23-2006, 03:50 PM
While I certainly have my moments, I wouldn't describe it as consistent.
Nomination is a badge of honor, wear it proudly.

jspchief
05-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Nomination is a badge of honor, wear it proudly.To be honest, I was pleased to see I was mentioned.

burt
05-23-2006, 03:52 PM
It took me YEARS of tirades to get this recognition. You don't have it in you, you're too soft. Accept it and move on.

DAMN IT MAN!!!!! Oh, yeah...well rap sucks....it sucks I tell ya. And I HATE gays!!!! AND ANYONE FROM IOWA!!!

burt
05-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Hehe. I mellowed out when I read a book by a Buddhist monk who explained to me how you f**kers don't exist anyway, but even if you did you're impermanant so you aren't worth getting worked up over.

see, you're wrong...I am like herpes....I am permanent.....

chagrin
05-23-2006, 03:55 PM

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion"

chagrin
05-23-2006, 03:55 PM
I just listened to Lateralus a few hundred times, that pretty much helped me out of my anger

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-23-2006, 03:58 PM
me.

Simplex3
05-23-2006, 04:04 PM
DAMN IT MAN!!!!! Oh, yeah...well rap sucks....it sucks I tell ya. And I HATE gays!!!! AND ANYONE FROM IOWA!!!
Dude, you're meerly piling on with other people's rants. To be rated up with us on this one you have to start many rant threads on quality subjects which touch many other posters. You must also allow you hate to derail entire threads. You aren't qualified. If I unleashed the dark secrets of this upon you the sight of it would cause you permanant mental collapse. This isn't something that can be handed out, it must be earned.

ROYC75
05-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Skip is the logical choice, hands down.

Iowanian
05-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Usually, its whoever I'm teasing the most that day.

penchief
05-23-2006, 04:42 PM

That's cool. You and I have had exchanges before but I never considered you rude our grumpy. I just thought it came with the territory. I need to do a little work on myself so I admire the fact that you recognized something in yourself that you could work on even if some of us did not.

penchief
05-23-2006, 04:43 PM
me.

As long as you keep those pictures of Scarlet I'll never consider you anything but Santa Claus.

sedated
05-23-2006, 04:43 PM
To be honest, I was pleased to see I was mentioned.

your welcome

(I'll be expecting the cashiers check in the mail)

htismaqe
05-23-2006, 04:46 PM
To be honest, I was pleased to see I was mentioned.

I was too.

Of course, Mer mentioned you.

I got called out by ****ing Rad of all people.

burt
05-23-2006, 05:01 PM
As long as you keep those pictures of Scarlet I'll never consider you anything but Santa Claus.

ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY!

Sully
05-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Depends on the standard for grumpy.
There's the always generally bitchy side of things, and there are a few who fit into that.
And there are those who fly into the biggest tantrums at the slightest disagreement, losing all sense of logic and/or decency and/or credibility. There are substantially more of these, and they typically fall into one category.

Different types of grumpy, though.

Kclee
05-23-2006, 05:12 PM
While I certainly have my moments, I wouldn't describe it as consistent.

Settle down.

burt
05-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Dude, you're meerly piling on with other people's rants. To be rated up with us on this one you have to start many rant threads on quality subjects which touch many other posters. You must also allow you hate to derail entire threads. You aren't qualified. If I unleashed the dark secrets of this upon you the sight of it would cause you permanant mental collapse. This isn't something that can be handed out, it must be earned.

Yes sensai.... I acn see the correctness of your statement....I have far to go....to master the dark side....

rad
05-23-2006, 05:17 PM
I was too.

Of course, Mer mentioned you.

I got called out by ****ing Rad of all people.

You should be honored, dude. (There's worse)

Tribal Warfare
05-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Who Is The Grumpiest Planeteer?

Cannibal, but he's been MIA.

BucEyedPea
05-23-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm now one with the Buddah, so you can both f**k off and kiss my ass.:p
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Nirvana?

BIG_DADDY
05-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Who Is The Grumpiest Planeteer?

Cannibal, but he's been MIA.

I remember I used to spell his name Cannible on purpose and he would go ballistic. ROFL

Mr. Laz
05-23-2006, 07:09 PM
My short list would have to include:

Phobia
Big Daddy
Bob Dole
Skip Towne
Laz

i made a list! PBJ PBJ

Der Flöprer
05-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Bullshit.

SEE!!!!!!!! ROFL

Der Flöprer
05-23-2006, 07:19 PM
See?!! ROFL

ROFL ROFL ROFL

milkman
05-23-2006, 08:19 PM
You people are ****ing useless.

A thread asking who is the grumpiest planeteer, and I only get mentioned twice.

Well **** you all.
Go to hell, you bastards! :cuss:

chiefs4me
05-23-2006, 08:26 PM

:rolleyes:

FAX
05-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Hey grumpy people. The preview of Xmen III is on FX channel right now. It's awesome and should cheer you up, somewhat.

FAX

milkman
05-23-2006, 08:49 PM

Oh look.
Another one of C4me's intelligent, insightful, and inspirational posts!

htismaqe
05-23-2006, 08:50 PM
You should be honored, dude. (There's worse)

(Not really)

Loki
05-23-2006, 08:55 PM
skip

chiefs4me
05-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Oh look.
Another one of C4me's intelligent, insightful, and inspirational posts!

:D

Skip Towne
05-23-2006, 09:04 PM
*****VOTE FOR SKIP***** I never win anything.

Simplex3
05-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Hey grumpy people. The preview of Xmen III is on FX channel right now. It's awesome and should cheer you up, somewhat.

FAX
You're expecting me to cheer up because millions of drooling simian idiots will shell out $8.00 each to see a crappy comic book movie (the 2nd sequel, no less) and then spend hours extolling it's virtues and trying to get me to spend my hard earned money on it too?

cdcox
05-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Skip, pfffft.

Clint and Laz make him look like Captain Sunshine.

BucEyedPea
05-23-2006, 09:19 PM
General Description of Grumpy Personality:

Grumpy people live in a world of facts and concrete needs. They live in the present, with their eye constantly scanning their personal environment to make sure that everything is running smoothly and systematically. They honor traditions and laws, and have a clear set of standards and beliefs. They expect the same of others, and have no patience or understanding of individuals who do not value these systems. They value competence and efficiency, and like to see quick results for their efforts.

Grumpies are take-charge people. They have such a clear vision of the way that things should be, that they naturally step into leadership roles. They are self-confident and aggressive. They are extremely talented at devising systems and plans for action, and at being able to see what steps need to be taken to complete a specific task. They can sometimes be very demanding and critical, because they have such strongly held beliefs, and are likely to express themselves without reserve if they feel someone isn't meeting their standards. But at least their expressions can be taken at face-value, because Grumpy is extremely straight-forward and honest.

Grumpys needs to watch out for the tendency to be too rigid, and to become overly detail-oriented. Since they put a lot of weight in their own beliefs, it's important that they remember to value other people's input and opinions. If they neglect their Feeling side, they may have a problem with fulfilling other's needs for intimacy, and may unknowingly hurt people's feelings by applying logic and reason to situations which demand more emotional sensitivity.

When bogged down by stress, Grumpy often feels isolated from others. They feel as if they are misunderstood and undervalued, and that their efforts are taken for granted. Grumpy's verbal comments can be devaluing of others, further isolating him from the group.

Grumpy will dutifully do everything that is important to work towards a particular cause or goal, although they might not naturally see or value the importance of goals which are outside of their practical scope. However, if Grumpy is able to see the relevance of such goals to practical concerns, he will try to understand them and become cooperative in a team meeting's process.

http://www.snowwhitetest.com/igrumpy/

Donger
05-23-2006, 09:29 PM

I'm nice to you, at least I have been since my epiphany.

milkman
05-23-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm nice to you, at least I have been since my epiphany.

You say you've been nice to her, and then throw a big word at her?

That's just mean!

Simplex3
05-23-2006, 09:48 PM
You say you've been nice to her, and then throw a big word at her?

That's just mean!
No, cruel would be to throw a box of these at her:

http://www.whitekit.com/images/crest_premium.jpg

milkman
05-23-2006, 10:23 PM
No, cruel would be to throw a box of these at her:

http://www.whitekit.com/images/crest_premium.jpg

OK, I got nothing.

At least nothing that doesn't create an unholy visual.

Loki
05-23-2006, 10:29 PM
*****VOTE FOR SKIP***** I never win anything.

wow... grumpy AND a loser.

must suck to be you.

:p

rad
05-24-2006, 07:40 AM
General Description of Grumpy Personality:

Grumpy people live in a world of facts and concrete needs. They live in the present, with their eye constantly scanning their personal environment to make sure that everything is running smoothly and systematically. They honor traditions and laws, and have a clear set of standards and beliefs. They expect the same of others, and have no patience or understanding of individuals who do not value these systems. They value competence and efficiency, and like to see quick results for their efforts.

Grumpies are take-charge people. They have such a clear vision of the way that things should be, that they naturally step into leadership roles. They are self-confident and aggressive. They are extremely talented at devising systems and plans for action, and at being able to see what steps need to be taken to complete a specific task. They can sometimes be very demanding and critical, because they have such strongly held beliefs, and are likely to express themselves without reserve if they feel someone isn't meeting their standards. But at least their expressions can be taken at face-value, because Grumpy is extremely straight-forward and honest.

Grumpys needs to watch out for the tendency to be too rigid, and to become overly detail-oriented. Since they put a lot of weight in their own beliefs, it's important that they remember to value other people's input and opinions. If they neglect their Feeling side, they may have a problem with fulfilling other's needs for intimacy, and may unknowingly hurt people's feelings by applying logic and reason to situations which demand more emotional sensitivity.

When bogged down by stress, Grumpy often feels isolated from others. They feel as if they are misunderstood and undervalued, and that their efforts are taken for granted. Grumpy's verbal comments can be devaluing of others, further isolating him from the group.

Grumpy will dutifully do everything that is important to work towards a particular cause or goal, although they might not naturally see or value the importance of goals which are outside of their practical scope. However, if Grumpy is able to see the relevance of such goals to practical concerns, he will try to understand them and become cooperative in a team meeting's process.

http://www.snowwhitetest.com/igrumpy/

Yep, that sounds just like htismage.

Mr. Laz
05-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Skip, pfffft.

Clint and Laz make him look like Captain Sunshine.

ouch ...

FAX
05-24-2006, 02:31 PM
You're expecting me to cheer up because millions of drooling simian idiots will shell out $8.00 each to see a crappy comic book movie (the 2nd sequel, no less) and then spend hours extolling it's virtues and trying to get me to spend my hard earned money on it too?

Well, yes. That was pretty much the idea, Mr. Simplex3.

Did it work?

FAX