PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations?

IA_Chiefs_fan
05-23-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm taking my wife and kids(boy 9, girl 6) to Springfield and Branson next week. Any cool places to stop along the way? Great places to eat? Cool less-known attractions?

JBucc
05-23-2006, 04:42 PM
You could run by my house. I don't have much but there's a real big anthill on one side of my house, so you could like get bit by some ants. I'll even give you autographs for a small fee.

Simplex3
05-23-2006, 04:43 PM
:hmmm: Hmm, "It's not worth it so just kill yourself" doesn't work here, so I've got nothing.

redbrian
05-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Donít know if itís still open, but Reed Springs once had an alien museum, the guy who runs it claims to have been taken into outer space.

Baby Lee
05-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Do not let yourself pass within an hour of Lamberts and not stop

http://www.throwedrolls.com/ozark.html

IA_Chiefs_fan
05-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Do not let yourself pass within an hour of Lamberts and not stop

http://www.throwedrolls.com/ozark.htmlI saw that on the Travel Channel one time. Looks cool and fun. Much appreciated!!

chiefsfaninNC
05-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Luv has recently been spotted nude tanning. You might give that a try.

IA_Chiefs_fan
05-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Luv has recently been spotted nude tanning. You might give that a try.Yeah, the wife and daughter could go shopping. Where exactly is this?

Rain Man
05-23-2006, 04:51 PM
I think there's a nice lake near Branson.

chiefsfaninNC
05-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Yeah, the wife and daughter could go shopping. Where exactly is this?

Springfield somewhere. Check Wal-Mart.

Baby Lee
05-23-2006, 04:53 PM
I think there's a nice lake near Branson.
Een Russia, eet is Branson that is near lake!!!

ArrowheadHawk
05-23-2006, 04:54 PM
how bout silver dollar city?

redbrian
05-23-2006, 04:56 PM
See if the Cardnal farm club is playing in Springfield, it will be a better game than you can see at the K.

Iowanian
05-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Hit Bass Pro in Springfield....head south and eat lunch at Lamberts..home of the thrown rolls.

yeah...they'll throw Dinner rolls at your family and your kids will love it.

Jayhawkerman2001
05-23-2006, 06:43 PM
if you're going down 13highway to get there you pass along trumas resivoire so could stop there to see the lake and stuff. also there is this city, i cant remember the name, it has a lot of cheese. theres signs everywhere for it. thats about all i can think of

Captain Obvious
05-23-2006, 06:50 PM
if you're going down 13highway to get there you pass along trumas resivoire so could stop there to see the lake and stuff. also there is this city, i cant remember the name, it has a lot of cheese. theres signs everywhere for it. thats about all i can think of

Osceola.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-23-2006, 06:54 PM
I lived in Branson for awhile a few years back. You've gotten a couple of very good suggestions. Lamberts is a MUST. Expect to wait for an hour or two. Silver Dollar City is another MUST. If you don't take your kids there while you're on Branson you just don't love them. I would say weather permitting Tablerock Lake, or even Lake Taneycomo in Rockaway Beach if you have a boat or wanna rent one. See if the Rodeo is goin on in Forsyth, I think it's in July though. Finally, a short drive to Hot Springs AR is usually fun times. If I can think of anything else, I will post it. It's been years since I have been there.

Jenny Gump
05-23-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm taking my wife and kids(boy 9, girl 6) to Springfield and Branson next week. Any cool places to stop along the way? Great places to eat? Cool less-known attractions?

Nasium would be happy to host a party in your honor.

The kids might enjoy Silver Dollar City...very pricey, but prolly worth it if you only go once in your lifetime. :)

cdcox
05-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Here is some great advice that you won't listen to. Get a cabin on the lake. Get a boat. Don't go more than 100 ft from the lake or the cabin all week.

patteeu
05-23-2006, 07:44 PM
If your kids are into the Laura Ingalls Wilder books (e.g. Little House on the Prarie), the
home where she wrote her books (http://www.lauraingallswilderhome.com/visitus.htm) is located in Mansfield, MO which is somewhere between Sikeston (location of Lamberts restaraunt) and Springfield along highway 60. They have a museum there. I haven't been there so I don't know what it's like, but when my kids were into those books, we stopped by the site of her Big House in the Little Woods in Pepin, Wisconsin and the kids thought it was great.

chiefs4me
05-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Bennett Springs is only an hour from springfield, and I will be there for 12 days...it's beautiful, stop by and eat and drink with us..

SPchief
05-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Bennett Springs is only an hour from springfield, and I will be there for 12 days...it's beautiful, stop by and eat and drink with us..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

chiefs4me
05-23-2006, 08:14 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:D

Stinger
05-23-2006, 09:03 PM
-Springfield-

Lamberts - on the way to Brandson outside of town on Hwy. 60 in Ozark, MO

Bass Pro - On the corner of Sunshine and Cambell

Cardinals Game - AA ball lot of fun for a family

Jordan Valley park - Ice skating and the fountains. Kids can wade in the water area and the fountains come on every half hour I believe.

Incredible Pizza Factory for the Kids

-Branson -

Take your pick lots of family stuff to do - shops and mini-golf/gocarts.

Ride the Ducks

Silver Dollar City or Celebration City or White Water

Actually the Branson Landing Grand Opening is Friday. Supposed to be shops and resteruants down there.

Smoke
05-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Silver Dollar City is good for a full day. Try eating at the Outback..which isn't like the outback chain. The dinner train in downtown Branson is fun, basically it's dinner on a train that takes a short trip around the old rail road line. And I haven't seen it yet but have been told the Branson Landing is opening up, it's got the new Bass Pro plus some other shopping places. Oh, and I really liked the Veterans of foreign war museum. Some cool stuff like Hitlers personal pistol and what not.

Just stay out of the traffic, it's easier to walk than drive sometimes