PDA

View Full Version : Scott Adams predicts the next President

Douche Baggins
05-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Predicting the Next President

Usually its obvious who is going to be the next president of the United States. First, the media decides for us who will be the nominees for each party. Then the voters elect the one who makes the most outrageous promises. Thats called leadership, and we like it.

This next election will be interesting. Most of the likely suspects are totally unelectable.

Hilary Clinton Too divisive

John McCain Too ugly

Colin Powell Too smart to run

Al Gore Too charisma challenged

Jeb Bush Too soon

Joseph Lieberman Too whiney sounding

Wesley Clark Too tiny looking on TV

Howard Dean Too crazy

John Edwards Too goofy

Almost everyone else is too lightweight and/or too unknown. That leaves us with one candidate that can win: Joseph Biden.

Who?

Hes a tough-talking Democrat with plenty of senate experience. But the only thing that matters is the tough-talking Democrat part. He tough-talks better than anyone Ive seen. He appears genuinely angry about the state of things, not just pretending or crazy like other candidates. Its fun to watch. The media will adopt him soon, just because hes more interesting than the others. I cant decide if hes honest or just an exceptional bullshitter. Either way, it makes him attractive at a time when so many people think the government is out to screw them.

His biggest problem is that his hair isnt quite up to presidential standards. But it looks passable on TV and in photos. That might be good enough.

Im not recommending that you vote for Biden. I don't know much about him. Im not even planning to vote. Im just predicting that hell win.

Who do YOU think will be the next president?

Update:

Mitt Romney - Too Mormon

Mark Warner - Too inexperienced (no International experience)

jiveturkey
05-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Wesley Clark Too tiny looking on TV
Ha! ROFL

Dave Lane
05-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Wesley Clark is the man...

Dave

Adept Havelock
05-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Wesley Clark is the man...

Dave

He'll get my primary vote (again) unless the Dems come up with a hell of a canidate, or they somehow take both the Senate and House in '06 and seem likely to hold them in '08. I've had quite enough of one party politics in DC.

Reaper16
05-24-2006, 10:09 PM
He'll get my primary vote (again) unless the Dems come up with a hell of a canidate, or they somehow take both the Senate and House in '06 and seem likely to hold them in '08. I've had quite enough of one party politics in DC.
Mine too, again. I'm in the same boat you are.

Hydrae
05-25-2006, 04:49 PM
All I know is, if it comes down to Clinton (Hillary) against Bush (Jeb) again, I am liable to go balistic on someone, somewhere.

I think it was StevieRay who made a comment about 2 decades of this country being run by two families. I had never made that connection before and it is absolutely digusting IMO. So if the two main parties decide to stick with those families, I will be out doing everything I can to get people to open their eyes and vote ANY third party candidate instead.

BucEyedPea
05-25-2006, 05:16 PM
All I know is, if it comes down to Clinton (Hillary) against Bush (Jeb) again, I am liable to go balistic on someone, somewhere.

I think it was StevieRay who made a comment about 2 decades of this country being run by two families. I had never made that connection before and it is absolutely digusting IMO. So if the two main parties decide to stick with those families, I will be out doing everything I can to get people to open their eyes and vote ANY third party candidate instead.
I agree. I made the same connection.
The thing is people aren't exactly running to the Democrats either.

Douche Baggins
10-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Scott Adams was close.

Guru
10-17-2008, 05:12 AM
Scott Adams was close.

Except that Obama was not even on his radar. VP doesn't really count in that piece.

Douche Baggins
10-18-2008, 01:24 AM
Except that Obama was not even on his radar. VP doesn't really count in that piece.

Biden is a bullet away from the Presidency. Close enough.

banyon
10-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Is Warpaint Illustrated branching out into making bad political predictions now too?