PDA

View Full Version : Jake realizes he's a Fake, succumbs to rage

duncan_idaho
05-23-2006, 10:53 PM
From our friends at the AP...

ROFL

Plummer issued summons in alleged road rage incident

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) _ Denver Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer was issued a summons for an alleged road-rage incident in April, Englewood police said Tuesday.

Investigator John Hoehler said Plummer was issued the misdemeanor summons Friday, after being contacted at his home in Cherry Hills Village.

The summons stems from a minor crash on April 20 in this suburb south of Denver.

A message left for Plummer through the Broncos was not immediately returned Tuesday night.

A man told authorities he was involved in a road-rage incident with the driver of a Honda. When the two cars stopped at a red light, the Honda's driver got out and kicked the front of the man's vehicle.

The driver then got back into his vehicle, put it in reverse and hit the front of the man's car, Hoehler said. A witness copied the license plate number of the gray Honda, which was listed to Plummer.

When contacted by police, Plummer said he was involved in a rear-end crash, not road rage.

"He went out and looked and didn't see any damage so he didn't report it," Hoehler said.

After he left the scene he told investigators he changed his mind and called 911 to report the accident and said he was told it would be taken care of.

Hoehler said there was a delay in issuing the summons because the officer in charge of the case was busy and didn't get a chance to pursue the case until recently.

No specific court date for Plummer has been given.

Simplex3
05-23-2006, 10:56 PM
So he called 911 to report a traffic accident where there was no damage? Nice call Jake. Of course it's not like the operator would have sent an ambulance to help the kid's dying mother even if the kid had gotten through.

SLAG
05-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Plummer was too stoned cuz of 4/20 to think he was angry

greg63
05-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Plummer was too stoned cuz of 4/20 to think he was angry

Throw the book at him! :D

Simplex3
05-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Throw the book at him! :D
Hell no. We want him to play next season.

SLAG
05-23-2006, 11:04 PM

I bet Cutler is going to shit his pants when he gets to visit arrowhead for the first time for thanksgiving...

Rod Smith said he almost had a heart attack the first time he heard arrowhead say - "the home of the...CHIEFS"

Guru
05-23-2006, 11:07 PM
ROFL

chefsos
05-23-2006, 11:10 PM
When the two cars stopped at a red light, the Honda's driver got out and kicked the front of the man's vehicle.

...after every beer can he threw at the vehicle in question hit another, different color car.

Simplex3
05-23-2006, 11:12 PM
...after every beer can he threw at the vehicle in question hit another, different color car.
ROFL

You are rolling tonight. You're my new favorite poster. At least until I go to bed.

greg63
05-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Hell no. We want him to play next season. What was I thinking?:doh!:

milkman
05-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Does this report make it sound like even calls to 911 by Jake get intercepted?

greg63
05-23-2006, 11:27 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Nice!

Guru
05-23-2006, 11:29 PM

You can always count on Jake.

ferrarispider95
05-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Plummer drives a honda - what a pussy

milkman
05-23-2006, 11:56 PM
Plummer drives a honda - what a pussy

He heard it's reliable.
He was hoping some of that would rub off on to him.

Moooo
05-24-2006, 12:08 AM
I bet Cutler is going to shit his pants when he gets to visit arrowhead for the first time for thanksgiving...

Rod Smith said he almost had a heart attack the first time he heard arrowhead say - "the home of the...CHIEFS"

How much we'd like to see it, you're not going to. Rod Smith played school at Missouri Southern. At Vandy, Cutler went to both the Swamp and Neyland Stadium within the last year. He went 2 overtimes with Florida and actually won against the Vols.

Moooo

Edited to add: His combined performance at both venues was 55-81 (67.9%) for 7 TDs and 2 INTs. How much I hate to say it, Cutler is not gonna be the guy who is rattled by the fans. He may fail due to his own device, but not by the fans.

Moooo

alanm
05-24-2006, 01:13 AM
The Bronco's are imploding. ROFL :thumb:

kcfanXIII
05-24-2006, 01:36 AM
i remember a certain charger that was "the next big thing." what was his first experience at arrowhead like?

Guru
05-24-2006, 01:48 AM
i remember a certain charger that was "the next big thing." what was his first experience at arrowhead like?

a pile of Leafs.

Nightwish
05-24-2006, 03:47 AM
Funniest part of this whole story - Jake drives a Honda!

ROFLROFLROFL

StcChief
05-24-2006, 05:01 AM
He heard it's reliable.
He was hoping some of that would rub off on to him.
ROFL

Thig Lyfe
05-24-2006, 06:12 AM
Jake threw 6 interceptions in a game of Madden last night.

It's so realistic.

KCTitus
05-24-2006, 06:26 AM
What a disappointment...a 'bad' story about Plummer and no Teej sighting to spin it. Amazing.

ImAWalkingCorpse
05-24-2006, 06:41 AM
Honda's are like tampons... every ***** has one. Way to go Jake.

Kerberos
05-24-2006, 06:56 AM

Ryan Leaf

Two interceptions and 3 fumbles w/one lost inside his own 20 in first meeting of the Chiefs.

His second trip to Arrowhead he was 1 - 17 for his first 17 passes.

I watched "RealSports" and they had him on showing what a REAL PUSSY he really is.

They guy kinda wants to blame everyone but himself for being the biggest BUST of all time in the NFL. :shake:

He was a real superduche on the segment IMO.

jspchief
05-24-2006, 07:03 AM
This will just be another page in the Bronco file for reasons to get Cutler on the field.

They didn't use all those draft picks to get Cutler for no reason. Stuff like this will just make it easier to justify going with a rookie over a guy that was in the AFC Championship game just a year ago.

Mile High Mania
05-24-2006, 07:03 AM
What a disappointment...a 'bad' story about Plummer and no Teej sighting to spin it. Amazing.

I don't know that there's much to spin... it's really a nothing story.

Mile High Mania
05-24-2006, 07:04 AM
This will just be another page in the Bronco file for reasons to get Cutler on the field.

They didn't use all those draft picks to get Cutler for no reason. Stuff like this will just make it easier to justify going with a rookie over a guy that was in the AFC Championship game just a year ago.

I dunno... it was a fender bender with a verbal exchange, not quite a DWI or anything like that.

jspchief
05-24-2006, 07:05 AM
I don't know that there's much to spin... it's really a nothing story.Other than your QB is classless.

You're right, there is no story. We all knew that already.

KCTitus
05-24-2006, 07:05 AM
... it's really a nothing story.

Good to see Brad dip his toe into the pool. I do appreciate the irony, thanks, it was a good chuckle.

KCTitus
05-24-2006, 07:07 AM
I don't know that there's much to spin...

I dunno... it was a fender bender with a verbal exchange, not quite a DWI or anything like that.

ROFL

Apparently there's enough...

Mile High Mania
05-24-2006, 07:07 AM
They should ban him from the league.

Honestly, I wasn't trying to spin... anytime there's a response to a thread like this, it's called spin. Ah well.

StcChief
05-24-2006, 07:11 AM
Hoehler said there was a delay in issuing the summons because the officer in charge of the case was busy and didn't get a chance to pursue the case until recently.

No specific court date for Plummer has been given.
Nothing story until it got out.
If the cops ignored it since it's the Bronco QB.

Agree. another nail in Jake the Fake coffin.
Cutler will be their QB soon enough.

KCTitus
05-24-2006, 07:15 AM
Honestly, I wasn't trying to spin... anytime there's a response to a thread like this, it's called spin. Ah well.

:D You know the drill, MHM...

jspchief
05-24-2006, 07:15 AM
I dunno... it was a fender bender with a verbal exchange, not quite a DWI or anything like that.Certainly not the straw that will break the camel's back. But it's adding to the pile. If the Broncos are looking for a reason to get Cutler on the field, every little thing helps.

If I were a Bronco fan, I'd be excited about this stuff.

Over-Head
05-24-2006, 07:24 AM
ROFLI still canít get over him driving a Honda

JBucc
05-24-2006, 07:25 AM
A fuggin Honda?ROFL. This is awesome!

StcChief
05-24-2006, 07:26 AM
ROFLI still canít get over him driving a Honda

ROFL Was this the 'Racing model' Accord or Qualude

Iowanian
05-24-2006, 07:29 AM
He'd probably just found out that Denver was planning on trying to trade up to draft a QB.

unlurking
05-24-2006, 07:34 AM
Actually, even the Broncos fans in my office make fun of him. He drives a Honda Element. About as ghey as you can get.

StcChief
05-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Actually, even the Broncos fans in my office make fun of him. He drives a Honda Element. About as ghey as you can get.

ROFL... How stupid in Dungver wouldn't you want a 4WD vehicle Passport/Ridgeline if you MUST go Honda.

He is pretty stupid then.

jspchief
05-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Why is there no photoshop of an Element with a middle finger out the window in this thread yet?

Iowanian
05-24-2006, 07:50 AM
A Honda! rexjake isn't going to like this very much.

Most of us are capable of a little road rage.

I would be a bit of a hypocrite to bash the guy too much for a little road rage. The other day, I turned a little wide on a right turn when the kid squealed and I looked back...A guy in a Jag is coming and I have my arm out the window....raise it to give him the "oops my bad" wave as I'm fully into my lane....and even though he's still 50yards away, he gives me the 10 second horn, and the Eyefornication as he approaches.

As we roll by, a couple of feet apart as we pass, I catch my hand turning, my finger extending and my wife insists a plethora of colorful expletives and a suggestion she feels wasn't physically possible....and I remember very little of it.

Yes, I was in the wrong with the lane violation, even though it wasn't even close to an accident....I was prepared to give the "man-acceptance" of the violation....but something about that unnecessary long horn and the eye-fornication from a prick in a jag just hit me wrong.

I'm glad he didn't do something stupid like stop or turn around.

milkman
05-24-2006, 07:55 AM

I get it now.

Jake wanted something "sporty", so he bought a car that looks like a tennis shoe.

Over-Head
05-24-2006, 08:07 AM
ROFL Was this the 'Racing model' Accord or Qualude
First one ROFL
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=46009#3

Rain Man
05-24-2006, 08:07 AM
Wow. I drive a nicer car than Jake Plummer. Actually, we all drive a nicer car than Jake Plummer.

milkman
05-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Wow. I drive a nicer car than Jake Plummer. Actually, we all drive a nicer car than Jake Plummer.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no we don't.

StcChief
05-24-2006, 08:09 AM
I get it now.

Jake wanted something "sporty", so he bought a car that looks like a tennis shoe.

ROFL got the basketball Converse 'Chuck Taylor' Hightop model.
Not the Range Rover... the 'Nike Air' model

No expensive cars for Jake , since he's on the future CUT list. :p

CosmicPal
05-24-2006, 09:33 AM
I soooooooo can't wait to get to the office today and bring this up with the donk fans. This is hilarious! Oddly enough, this occured down the street from me- about a couple of miles away.

noa
05-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Its quite a paradox for Plummer to be enough of a p*ssy to drive a honda, and yet still have road rage.

KcMizzou
05-24-2006, 10:53 AM
You know, even if he wasn't a Bronco, Plummer seems to be quite a douche.

stevieray
05-24-2006, 11:01 AM
I wonder if someone recognized him on the road and laughed.

Rain Man
05-24-2006, 11:01 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no we don't.

It was kind of a rhetorical statement.

chiefqueen
05-24-2006, 11:04 AM

I remember his record setting -4 yards passing that day.

KcMizzou
05-24-2006, 11:06 AM
I remember his record setting -4 yards passing that day.Not to mention more INT's than completions.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-24-2006, 01:15 PM
One of the worst starting QBs in the NFL.

chefsos
05-24-2006, 01:51 PM
..and now, Jake's spin. Entertainment value aside, it really is a minor thing, but ol' Jake should be pondering the question of why this dumb shit keeps happening.
--------------------------------------

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer said Wednesday he cut someone off while driving last month, but denied kicking and then backing up into another motorist's vehicle in an act of road rage.

Plummer acknowledged cutting off a vehicle because he was in a hurry to deliver a check to charity from his foundation.

"I accidentally cut this person off. I admit that. And I was on my cell phone, which I'm embarrassed to admit that while I was driving, and cut a guy off," Plummer said. "I waved in my rearview mirror and even said sorry while I was talking.

"And all I heard was incessant honking. When I pulled up to the light, I felt a bump on the back of my tailgate, which was very surprising," Plummer said.

He said he got out of his Honda truck to check for damage, then got back in, drove away and called 911 to report what happened.

Plummer was issued a summons for a misdemeanor city violation of "injure or destroy property," similar to criminal mischief under state law.

According to police, witnesses said a man later identified as Plummer kicked the headlight of a Ford pickup on April 20 in suburban Denver and then backed his truck into the pickup before driving away.

The pickup driver, Douglas Stone, 47, of Denver told police he had honked at the Honda when it was cutting in front of other vehicles.

According to a police report, the two cars stopped at a red light and the Honda driver got out and said something to Stone. The comments aren't in the report.

The other driver then returned to the Honda, backed into the pickup and left when the light changed, the report said. A witness wrote down the Honda license plate, which police traced to Plummer.

Stone told KDVR-TV in Denver he didn't realize Plummer was the driver.

"I had no idea," he said. "He was clean-shaven, his hair was long, past his ears, but I did not recognize him or know it to be him."

Plummer has in the past worn a beard. Stone did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press.

The officer in charge of the case didn't contact Plummer until last Friday, nearly a month after the incident, because he was busy with other matters, police investigator John Hoehler said Wednesday.

The police report said Plummer told the officer he was driving to a charity appearance with his girlfriend when he was bumped from behind by another vehicle.

Plummer said he didn't see any damage and so didn't call police until later, according to the report. Hoehler said police hadn't determined when he called or what agency he contacted.

The report said Plummer's car had $200 to $300 in damage and Stone's pickup had about $25 damage to its front license plate holder.

The summons doesn't set a court date but orders Plummer to appear at Englewood's Violations Bureau between June 2 and June 15.

Plummer, Denver's quarterback for three seasons, has received unwelcome attention before. In 2004, he flashed an obscene gesture to a heckler in the home crowd. When a newspaper columnist identified his girlfriend last year, he called the columnist and criticized Broncos fans. He later apologized and said he likes being Denver's quarterback.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2456598&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

blueballs
05-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Plummer leaves his Element
to go on the football field
and gets back into his Element
when he leaves the football field

PunkinDrublic
05-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Yet taco will lecture us about LJ being a thug. Brokeback Plummers incident was as thuggish as I've ever seen. Doesn't suprise me that he's too cowardly to show up and spin for the guy.

Nightwish
05-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Meh, I expect if this new kid pans out and shows some promise, TJ will probably fall off the Plummer bandwagon.

unlurking
05-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Here's a link to the 911 tapes and Plummer's presser.

(BTW, is it just me or is calling 911 for this kind of crap seem like going overboard?)

http://www.khow.com/pages/shows-caplis_silverman.html?feed=119776&article=496490

unlurking
05-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Their talking about it now if you want to listen in. Apparently interviewed Douglas Stone. Replaying 911 tapes.

Brock
05-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Meh, I expect if this new kid pans out and shows some promise, TJ will probably fall off the Plummer bandwagon.

Again?

unlurking
05-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Holy cow, I didn't realize Jake was accusing the other guy of hitting him!!!

What an ass! He called 911 to accuse the other guy!

BigRock
05-24-2006, 05:34 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer said Wednesday he cut someone off while driving last month, but denied kicking and then backing up into another motorist's vehicle in an act of road rage.

Plummer acknowledged cutting off a vehicle because he was in a hurry to deliver a check to charity from his foundation.
I love that line. They must have left out the part about how he'd just finished reading to the blind and how he was going to take some orphans out for ice cream later that day. He'll probably show up in court with a neck brace to get sympathy from the jury.

unlurking
05-24-2006, 05:45 PM
I love that line. They must have left out the part about how he'd just finished reading to the blind and how he was going to take some orphans out for ice cream later that day. He'll probably show up in court with a neck brace to get sympathy from the jury.
Some research (according to the radio show) shows the donation wasn't actually made until May 2 (2 weeks or so after the incident).

seclark
05-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Some research (according to the radio show) shows the donation wasn't actually made until May 2 (2 weeks or so after the incident).
that aint bad time for a rear-ended honda.
sec

Count Zarth
05-24-2006, 06:08 PM

TJ's been off that bandwagon for some time.

Rain Man
05-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Here's a link to the 911 tapes and Plummer's presser.

(BTW, is it just me or is calling 911 for this kind of crap seem like going overboard?)

http://www.khow.com/pages/shows-caplis_silverman.html?feed=119776&article=496490

Heh-heh. They didn't blacken out Jake's address in one spot. Want to read about his house?

http://www.co.arapahoe.co.us/Apps/ParcelSearch/PPINum.aspx?PPINum=2077-01-2-01-011

It's one of these three houses. It kind of surprises me, because that's a very major street on the left. I don't drive that way often, but I do so occasionally. There's a big, gestapo-style wall that separates the street from the houses, but you can tell that there are some monster houses in that area. Still, I would've thought he lived further south in a more exclusive area.

JBucc
05-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Heh-heh. They didn't blacken out Jake's address in one spot. Want to read about his house?

http://www.co.arapahoe.co.us/Apps/ParcelSearch/PPINum.aspx?PPINum=2077-01-2-01-011

It's one of these three houses. It kind of surprises me, because that's a very major street on the left. I don't drive that way often, but I do so occasionally. There's a big, gestapo-style wall that separates the street from the houses, but you can tell that there are some monster houses in that area. Still, I would've thought he lived further south in a more exclusive area.Egg all three of em just to be sure

Calcountry
05-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Funniest part of this whole story - Jake drives a Honda!

ROFLROFLROFLAnd what is wrong with Honda's?

FAX
05-24-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm really not surprised.

After all, when was the last time Plummer actually finished a successful drive?

FAX

Count Zarth
05-24-2006, 07:02 PM
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DENVER-CO/KHOW-AM/JAKEPLUMMER911CALL.mp3

Rain Man
05-24-2006, 07:55 PM
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/DENVER-CO/KHOW-AM/JAKEPLUMMER911CALL.mp3

Wow. Can you say CYA?

unlurking
05-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Man, the guys on KHOW went overboard with the whole thing (they seem to do that rather often when they smell blood in the water, they are lawyers after all), but they were discussing some of the charges that they think should be tacked on.

Fleeing the scene
Filing a false report
Reckless endangermenr
Harassment
(let alone civil suits from Stone for defamation/slander/etc.)

Hit 'n run alone is a 12 point violation and loss of license here in CO. While not involved in a murder (OJ, R Lewis), I still hope he gets jacked on this since he's such an asshole.

unlurking
05-24-2006, 08:14 PM
REPOST MOTHER F*CKER!!!!

:D