PDA

View Full Version : The new commish? :)

Moooo
05-24-2006, 12:47 AM
So there are a lot of names being dropped as names for the new commissioner, even ones that don't have a chance in hell, like a certain owner of the silver and black, and another owner in Dallas.

So, who do you think would make a good new commish? Or if you don't have any specifics in mind, do you think the new commissioner should be a person who knows the NFL in and out through years of experience with the league or should they appoint or should they hire a brilliant businessman who would need to learn the ropes about the football-specific aspects of the league (cause contracts and agreements are the same no matter what the medium)?

Moooo

T-post Tom
05-24-2006, 12:56 AM
NFL | Bush approached about commissioner job
Tue, 23 May 2006 20:34:56 -0700

Linda Kleindienst and Sarah Talalay, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Florida Governor Jeb Bush has been privately approached to gauge his interest in becoming the next NFL commissioner. Patrick Rooney Sr., owner of the Palm Beach Kennel Club and brother of Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney, brought up the job during a recent meeting. Bush said, "I met with Mr. Rooney and I said I'm doing my job until I'm finished and then I'm going to consider other things. But I'm not going to do anything until I finish." Bush leaves office in January and has repeatedly said he will not seek the presidency in 2008.

Moooo
05-24-2006, 01:01 AM
NFL | Bush approached about commissioner job
Tue, 23 May 2006 20:34:56 -0700

Linda Kleindienst and Sarah Talalay, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Florida Governor Jeb Bush has been privately approached to gauge his interest in becoming the next NFL commissioner. Patrick Rooney Sr., owner of the Palm Beach Kennel Club and brother of Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney, brought up the job during a recent meeting. Bush said, "I met with Mr. Rooney and I said I'm doing my job until I'm finished and then I'm going to consider other things. But I'm not going to do anything until I finish." Bush leaves office in January and has repeatedly said he will not seek the presidency in 2008.

This brings up a good point. Do your usual "Donkey vs. Elephant" politics influence the flow of something like this?

Moooo

T-post Tom
05-24-2006, 01:11 AM
This brings up a good point. Do your usual "Donkey vs. Elephant" politics influence the flow of something like this?

Moooo

Not to mention the what the "hanging chads" will translate to for Cincinatti citizens.

Guru
05-24-2006, 01:48 AM
Not to mention the what the "hanging chads" will translate to for Cincinatti citizens.

Not the CHADS!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!

:banghead:

greg63
05-24-2006, 01:49 AM

Don't forget the pregnant chads.

Guru
05-24-2006, 01:51 AM
Don't forget the pregnant chads.

You read my mind. I just didn't choose to post it. ROFL

greg63
05-24-2006, 01:52 AM
You read my mind. I just didn't choose to post it. ROFL

It's what I wanted you to think. :D

Guru
05-24-2006, 02:13 AM
It's what I wanted you to think. :D
:Rader:

patteeu
05-24-2006, 08:46 AM
How about Carl Peterson? I'd personally hate to lose him, but it would make a lot of people around here happy if he took another job. I think he'd be good at it.

StcChief
05-24-2006, 09:11 AM
How about Carl Peterson? I'd personally hate to lose him, but it would make a lot of people around here happy if he took another job. I think he'd be good at it.

Agreed..let's lobby for Carl. He can become 'Uber' King Carl.
:p

King_Chief_Fan
05-24-2006, 09:26 AM
So there are a lot of names being dropped as names for the new commissioner, even ones that don't have a chance in hell, like a certain owner of the silver and black, and another owner in Dallas.

So, who do you think would make a good new commish? Or if you don't have any specifics in mind, do you think the new commissioner should be a person who knows the NFL in and out through years of experience with the league or should they appoint or should they hire a brilliant businessman who would need to learn the ropes about the football-specific aspects of the league (cause contracts and agreements are the same no matter what the medium)?

Moooo

talk about your conflicts of interest.......how could an owner be commissioner? (Davis/Jones) Has that been done before? I have never really followed the commisioners and where they came from....The only thing I know about tagliaboob is that he was a lawyer.

noa
05-24-2006, 11:06 AM
talk about your conflicts of interest.......how could an owner be commissioner? (Davis/Jones) Has that been done before? I have never really followed the commisioners and where they came from....The only thing I know about tagliaboob is that he was a lawyer.

Bud Selig was owner of the Brewers.
If they are considering Jeb Bush, and Condi Rice's name has been floated, too, why not Bill Clinton?