PDA

View Full Version : RAND: Edwards tries a balancing act

Gaz
05-24-2006, 06:57 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/05/23/rand_edwards_tries_a_balancing_act/

xoxo~
Gaz
Appreciated the “32 ways to win a Superbowl” observation.

the Talking Can
05-24-2006, 08:09 AM
heard a quote from Herm in an interview with Rhondzilla Moss...made me a little less nervous about his Marty-ish tendencies:

she was asking him about "why tinker with what works...underneath the obvious stats, are there problems with the offense?"..to which Herm responded, without hesitating, "lets look at the number of playoff appearances..."....KA-POW

it was cutting and honest...I can respect that even if I will smash my t.v. watching us try to run out the clock in the third quarter...

milkman
05-24-2006, 08:15 AM
heard a quote from Herm in an interview with Rhondzilla Moss...made me a little less nervous about his Marty-ish tendencies:

she was asking him about "why tinker with what works...underneath the obvious stats, are there problems with the offense?"..to which Herm responded, without hesitating, "lets look at the number of playoff appearances..."....KA-POW

it was cutting and honest...I can respect that even if I will smash my t.v. watching us try to run out the clock in the third quarter...

She should have followed up then with:
"So are you suggesting that the offense bears some of the reponsibilty for the failure to reach the playoffs?"

DMAC
05-24-2006, 08:17 AM
"So are you suggesting that the offense bears some of the reponsibilty for the failure to reach the playoffs?"I'm sure that on her way home that night, she thought of that comeback and smacked herself in the head.

milkman
05-24-2006, 08:19 AM
I'm sure that on her way home that night, she thought of that comeback and smacked herself in the head.

I don't know.
That sounds like more exercise than she's gotten in years.

NewChief
05-24-2006, 08:22 AM
"So are you suggesting that the offense bears some of the reponsibilty for the failure to reach the playoffs?"

I think Herm would say that they, indeed, did. From what I can tell, he believes that the offense didn't play proper ball control football in many situations, thus putting the defense back on the field in tough conditions.

Oh yeah, we scored too fast as well. ;)

milkman
05-24-2006, 08:28 AM
I think Herm would say that they, indeed, did. From what I can tell, he believes that the offense didn't play proper ball control football in many situations, thus putting the defense back on the field in tough conditions.

You're probably right.
I know he would welcome the question.

I think Hermie likes to talk just to hear himself talk.

I have this visual of him sitting in his office and talking to himself for hours on end.

InChiefsHeaven
05-24-2006, 08:29 AM

Not sure if I would disagree with him on this, but hell. When you score as many damn points as we did, the defense should have been able to overcome.

I guess you could blame both sides, but blaming the offense for scoring too quickly and too often seems a bit...stupid...

Bootlegged
05-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Herm's still bitter about the asswhipping we threw on his Jets last year

the Talking Can
05-24-2006, 09:34 AM

to which the obvious answer is yes...not something I would have said prior to last year

the point being, nothing was good enough...sure, the defense was a joke but the bottom line is we failed and no one gets a pass for it...it is less about making specific changes to the offense than insisting that everyone on the team accept responsibility...I liked the statement, sounded like Parcells when he said it...anyways, it was just a line in an interview, we'll see what happens..but DV would have gone on and on about excuses for the offense and all their stats etc...Herm was having none of it...different attitude

FAX
05-24-2006, 09:57 AM

ROFL

FAX

Halfcan
05-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Not sure if I would disagree with him on this, but hell. When you score as many damn points as we did, the defense should have been able to overcome.

I guess you could blame both sides, but blaming the offense for scoring too quickly and too often seems a bit...stupid...

Yeah bring back the 8 minute drives that end in a 15 yard field goal ala Martyball.

The Defense sucks end of story!! Until I see a change, they still SUCK!

noa
05-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Herm has a very small window where it might be possible for us to achieve the balance Rand is talking about. If he can get through to the defense, this team will be in a good position to make a run this year. I remember last year being fooled a couple times into thinking our defense was serviceable and that we had some balance, but then came the giants game with the playoffs on the line.

htismaqe
05-24-2006, 11:14 AM
to which the obvious answer is yes...not something I would have said prior to last year

the point being, nothing was good enough...sure, the defense was a joke but the bottom line is we failed and no one gets a pass for it...it is less about making specific changes to the offense than insisting that everyone on the team accept responsibility...I liked the statement, sounded like Parcells when he said it...anyways, it was just a line in an interview, we'll see what happens..but DV would have gone on and on about excuses for the offense and all their stats etc...Herm was having none of it...different attitude

Exactly.

milkman
05-24-2006, 11:34 AM

That fact notwithstanding, it was still a question that she (apparently) left on the table.