PDA

View Full Version : Justin Huber moved to LF

banyon
05-24-2006, 09:12 AM
After bringing Huber up to the Majors so that he could spit sunflower seeds and watch 38 yr old Matt Stairs take his AB's, The Omaha Royals have moved Huber to LF for the first time in his career. Huber has responded with 0-17 in his first AB's at AAA.

At First?

Rick Bell, son of manager Buddy Bell.

Cochise
05-24-2006, 09:19 AM
I'll never understand Huber losing ABs to over the hill scrubs like Stairs or especially Guiel, who went into last night hitting something under .200.

I guess though if the team feels like Teahen/Gordon will take care of the corner infield, and Buck is their guy at catcher, there isn't a whole load of room left for Huber except DH. And according to what I have heard, Huber's bat is ML-ready, but his glove isn't. So why start him over learning a new position?

A normal team would say, hey, we have a glut of talent at this position, let's trade one of those guys for someone in a position that we need help at.

The Royals on the other hand, try to make catchers into left fielders.

Funny or sad, you choose: Mike Stodolka's career might not be over, I read someplace that he is playing 1B at High Desert now, and that his OPS was over 1000.

Woodrow Call
05-24-2006, 09:30 AM
Hopefully Huber can make the transition to LF. With Guiel and Brown playing like the career AAAA players that they are and little depth behind them this move actually makes sense.

banyon
05-24-2006, 09:32 AM
IMO, Ideally, our prospects would pan out as follows:

1B-Huber
SS-Bianchi
3B-Gordon
RF-Lubanski
LF-Maier
DH-Butler

shakesthecat
05-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Anyone know why Bianchi hasn't been assigned to a minor league team yet?

Hopefully it's not because of the same back issue he had last year.

beavis
05-24-2006, 09:56 AM
IMO, Ideally, our prospects would pan out as follows:

1B-Huber
SS-Bianchi
3B-Gordon
RF-Lubanski
LF-Maier
DH-Butler
Yep. The one I'm the least confident will ever see Kansas City is Bianchi, but that's probably because he's he one I know the least about. Sad thing is, we have little to nothing in the way of pitching to go with those bats.

Moves like Huber in left field just confirm that this organization has no clue whatsoever what they are doing. I have little hope that it's going to change anytime soon.

DaWolf
05-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Moves like Huber in left field just confirm that this organization has no clue whatsoever what they are doing. I have little hope that it's going to change anytime soon.

Kansas City Royals. Organization? No. Abomination? Yes.

noa
05-24-2006, 10:40 AM
There is no justification for playing Stairs over Huber when you are 23 games under .500 so early in the season. Then again, there is no justification for anything the Royals do.

KevB
05-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Anyone know why Bianchi hasn't been assigned to a minor league team yet?

Hopefully it's not because of the same back issue he had last year.

It is. He's either on the shelf, or in extended spring training....I haven't checked recently.

chiefqueen
05-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Hopefully Huber can make the transition to LF. With Guiel and Brown playing like the career AAAA players that they are and little depth behind them this move actually makes sense.

All of the Royals Players are AAAA players, the very good players get called up to contending teams.

Reaper16
05-24-2006, 12:32 PM
It is. He's either on the shelf, or in extended spring training....I haven't checked recently.
They're going to play him in short season Idaho Falls league, which hasn't started yet.

htismaqe
05-24-2006, 12:37 PM
All of the Royals Players are AAAA players, the very good players get called up to contending teams.

That happens with all small-market teams.

The difference is that the Royals manage to get neither production out of them while their developing, nor do they get good value when they finally do trade them.

beavis
05-24-2006, 12:51 PM
At First?

Rick Bell, son of manager Buddy Bell.
Just for grins, I looked up how Bell Jr. was doing. He's been with the team almost 2 months and is hitting .192. I certainly think a player of his potentional is definatly worth screwing up one of our best prospects. :rolleyes:

I've about reached my breaking point with this team. I used to think Rob Neyer was just a cynic, but he saw this kind of crap a long time before we did.

chiefqueen
05-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Any chance Glass could make it a "true" family affair & spring for that Bell in Philly?

tk13
05-24-2006, 01:07 PM
I've been calling for this one for a while now. I can't believe we actually did it, we usually don't think outside the box this well. I even said I wanted to see him move to LF when he was actually with the big league club instead of rotting on the bench. I'm glad we did it, I think he can handle it, he's very athletic, and then he'll have 1B/LF flexibilty, Pujols-style. We can do either with him.

People get too freaked out over this crap... these guys are baseball players, Huber's an athlete, he should be able to do this. Look at Pujols, or Miguel Cabrera, and on and on and on. If he's going to be a good player this is nothing he shouldn't be able to handle. I think you eventually want to find a position for the guy but I have zero problem with this, I actually think it's a good idea. I think we're going to move Teahen or Gordon to first. And I think moving Huber out there makes more sense because Teahen and Gordon are probably the better infield prospects defensively.

sedated
05-24-2006, 01:19 PM
I haven't seen Huber's bat at all in his short-lived tours of the show.

Where is all this hype coming from?

and Teahan is a bust, we might as well not even consider him. He's good in the field, but playing 1st or 3rd you need a bat.

Unless we can make Teahan a 2nd baseman, he is useless to us.

tk13
05-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Huber looks like he's had a good bat to me every time I've ever seen him.

And Teahen is not a bust. I'm standing by that... he's still only 24 years old. He's hitting .392 with a .500 OBP and tearing it up in AAA. If Alex Gordon (or any other prospect) was doing that in Omaha people would be having a fit to bring him up.

tk13
05-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Just so everyone doesn't think I'm just an organizational shill, which I'm paranoid about now.... not really.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3195523

I know it really goes against all logic too, but I'd let Huber see if he could shag fly balls. I would not make it a permanent move but I'd see if he could "Pujols" it out there in left. He's a good athlete.

Demonpenz
05-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Next year we dominate!