PDA

View Full Version : Who knows the Independence couple that raped/killed that woman?

Bootlegged
05-24-2006, 02:16 PM
What the hell is going on there?

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=4935203&nav=8H3x

Fugitives Now Charged with Murder - Still On the Run
By: CJ Cassidy

Police, hot on the trail of an Independence, Missouri couple, now have a Heartland person in custody.

The two fugitives are wanted in connection with a homicide investigation in Independence, and were last seen in Perry County, Missouri.

Charges including first-degree murder, kidnapping and rape were filed today against 43-year-old Richard Davis and 41-year-old Dena Riley. A police affidavit says a video in the couple's Independence home showed Spicer being sexually assaulted. Police said Spicer was later strangled. Davis recently left prison after serving nearly 18 years for a series of felonies, including rape and sodomy.

Police now believe they might be in the Cape Girardeau area, so they want your help getting them back in custody.

Investigators with the Missouri Highway Patrol say earlier tips pointed to Perry County, and that's where officers arrested someone who was hiding a lot more than they thought.

Julie McAlister manages the Hilltop Apartment Complex in Perry County.

She's had her share of problems with tenants, but says no one's ever been accused of harboring fugitives before.

"I wish I had taken a better look at them when they came in," she says.

Police say they want to question 41 year old Richard Davis and 39 year old Dena Riley after someone found an Independence woman's body in a shallow grave.

Marsha Spicer's body was found in Bates City, close to Independence.

"We have warrants out for sodomy on both of them also wanted in questioning of a murder," Cpl. Al Nothum with the Missouri Highway Patrol says.

Investigators tracked the pair to Susan Summers' apartment in Perry County.

But the couple disappeared before police got there.

Now Summers faces charges for hindering prosecution, and leaves her apartment manager wondering what's next for her tenant.

"She's just the kind of person if she sees someone in trouble it would be her nature to do it... even if it would put her in jeopardy. But, still, this was really a shock if she knew about it I would have thought she wouldn't help someone that was that mean," McAlister says.

The pair is believed to be armed and dangerous, so do not try to approach them if you see them, just call the police nearest you.

http://kfvs12.images.worldnow.com/images/4935203_BG2.jpg

HemiEd
05-24-2006, 02:51 PM
What the hell is going on there?

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=4935203&nav=8H3x

Charges including first-degree murder, kidnapping and rape were filed today against 43-year-old Richard Davis and 41-year-old Dena Riley.

Police say they want to question 41 year old Richard Davis and 39 year old Dena Riley after someone found an Independence woman's body in a shallow grave.

Interesting age discrepency. Sad story.

bobbything
05-24-2006, 03:29 PM
I knew the guy (he went by Rick). Well, didn't really "know" him, but he worked at my office until last week when he didn't show up for work.

It's been a complete nightmare here at work. Police coming in and out. It's making national news now.

Kclee
05-24-2006, 03:34 PM
I don't know them, but Greta tells me they are bad people. So I'm leaning towards not liking them.

Mr. Laz
05-25-2006, 06:36 PM
apparently they just caught them

greg63
05-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Does Missouri have the death penalty?

Halfcan
05-26-2006, 12:50 AM

Yep, I hope they get it too. That is horrible.

greg63
05-26-2006, 01:01 AM
Yep, I hope they get it too. That is horrible.

Same here; but what will probably happen is they will be on death row for 25 years while lawyers litigate this thing to the enth degree.

Guru
05-26-2006, 01:18 AM
Same here; but what will probably happen is they will be on death row for 25 years while lawyers litigate this thing to the enth degree.

And don't forget the TV movie rights. :banghead:

greg63
05-26-2006, 01:34 AM
And don't forget the TV movie rights. :banghead:

...And the magazine and news paper interviews, as well as, all the books it will spawn.

Guru
05-26-2006, 01:38 AM
...And the magazine and news paper interviews, as well as, all the books it will spawn.

And God forbid..... Dateline!!! Stone Phillips will be all over it.

greg63
05-26-2006, 01:43 AM
And God forbid..... Dateline!!! Stone Phillips will be all over it.

We'll never hear the end of it until something worse happens. :shake:

Rausch
05-26-2006, 01:49 AM

Not only do we but Blunt uses it like salt.

greg63
05-26-2006, 01:52 AM
Not only do we but Blunt uses it like salt.

Well if there's ever been a case for it; it’s this one.

Rausch
05-26-2006, 01:59 AM
Well if there's ever been a case for it; it’s this one.

Any rape is good for me.

Judge in a just world: "We find you guilty Mr. Fughead rapist arsepipe... *reaches down under the bench* ..and the jury has decided that the pure evil of your crime demands your brains evacuate yer' skull immediately and land on your representation for even associating with you...*BLAM!*"

greg63
05-26-2006, 02:03 AM
Any rape is good for me.

Judge in a just world: "We find you guilty Mr. Fughead rapist arsepipe... *reaches down under the bench* ..and the jury has decided that the pure evil of your crime demands your brains evacuate yer' skull immediately and land on your representation for even associating with you...*BLAM!*"

AAHH,; justice in the ideal world. :D

Rausch
05-26-2006, 02:10 AM
AAHH,; justice in the ideal world. :D

Vote Rausch in 08: Fascism needs another chance...

ChiefButthurt
05-26-2006, 07:05 AM
Any rape is good for me.

ROFL ROFL Rausch, you the man!

Inspector
05-26-2006, 07:18 AM
One of my tech's used to date the woman - a long time ago.

chagrin
05-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Here's the FOX story about it. Sad to know that they might possibly have another recent victim out there yet to be found, of these two freaks.

FBI: Couple Wanted in Grisly Videotaped Rape, Murder had Child With Them
Thursday, May 25, 2006

PHOTOS VIDEO

Click image to enlarge
STORIES
•Police Follow Leads to Find Couple Wanted for Grisly Videotaped Murder•Cops Seek Couple Accused in Grisly Videotape Rape, Murder
BATES CITY, Mo. — Police have taken a Missouri couple wanted in a grisly videotaped rape and murder into custody, officials confirm to FOX News.

According to officials, the couple had a 5-year-old girl with them when they turned themselves in to authorities.

The FBI's "most wanted couple in America," Richard Davis, 41, and Dena Riley, 39, called the highway patrol and turned themselves in Thursday because they were reportedly tired of being on the lam from charges that they sexually assaulted, beat and strangled 41-year-old Marsha Spicer and buried her in a shallow grave in a rural area in Bates City, Mo.

Police found a videotape of the activities leading up to Spicer's death, and her actual murder, in the couple's apartment. The couple had been on the run since May 19, when police discovered the tape.

"We’ve had some pretty heinous crimes around here, but nothing of this particular nature," FBI Special Agent Jeff Lanza told FOX News.

According to Lanza, the couple had a 5-year-old girl with them when they turned themselves in. Lanza said federal investigators believe the girl was taken across state lines.

(Story continues below)

ADVERTISEMENTSAdvertise Here

"We believe this girl was taken from her home in Pittsburg, Kan., and the FBI is investigating this as a kidnapping case," he told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

Pittsburg is in southeast Kansas, about 17 miles from Lamar.

Lanza said authorities were trying to determine any possible relationship between the girl and the couple. He also said authorities would try to determine whether she was a victim of a sex crime.

Davis and Riley are each charged with first-degree murder, first-degree assault, kidnapping, forcible rape and two counts of forcible sodomy.

Spicer had no idea what the couple was capable of, according to the victim's older sister, Jackie Schumacher.

"I want them to remember every day of their life what they're doing to all these people," Schumacher said. "People don't deserve this ... people don't deserve what they did."

Kansas City resident Sherry Ballew fears that her daughter might also have fallen victim to the pair after seeing a still picture taken from the videotape of who she says is her daughter, Michelle Ricci. Ballew hasn't seen her 36-year-old daughter since a few days after Ricci met Davis and Riley.

The wanted couple was sighted Sunday in Perryville, Mo., at the Hilltop Apartment Complex.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol interviewed a woman at the complex, Susan Summers, about the couple's disappearance on Sunday. Police later learned the couple had been hiding in the back room of Summers' apartment at the Perryville complex and escaped after officers left. Summers has been charged with two counts of hindering prosecution.

The Kansas City Star reported Thursday that the couple worked at a Kansas City fabricating business. Davis worked as a janitor and Riley worked part-time in light assembly.

Spicer is survived by two children and two grandchildren.

chagrin
05-26-2006, 07:57 AM
And would somebody please pass a law to lock anybody convicted of rape up for friggin life!?!?!

NO MORE PAROLE for these sick fuggs!!

JohnnyV13
05-26-2006, 11:09 AM
I knew the guy (he went by Rick). Well, didn't really "know" him, but he worked at my office until last week when he didn't show up for work.

It's been a complete nightmare here at work. Police coming in and out. It's making national news now.

How'd he get a job there after spending 18 years in prison?