PDA

View Full Version : Griese - Plummer vs Bono - Grbac

blueballs
05-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Which pair was worse for their franchise?
Green broke the curse in KC.
let us hope Cutler goes for the hat trick in Denver.

UteChief
05-24-2006, 09:10 PM
I need some stats. My vote goes to Bono and Grbac.

wazu
05-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Didn't the Broncos just go to the AFC Championship game with Plummer? Hard to believe that he belongs in the mix of "franchise-wreckers".

FAX
05-24-2006, 09:11 PM
With all due respect, Mr. blueballs, this is madness.

FAX

blueballs
05-24-2006, 09:34 PM
did I repost?

Douche Baggins
05-24-2006, 09:37 PM
None of these guys really wrecked their franchise...pretty stupid poll.

blueballs
05-24-2006, 09:38 PM
hope you can
get it up now

SoCalBronco
05-24-2006, 09:39 PM
None of these guys really wrecked their franchise...pretty stupid poll.

agreed

blueballs
05-24-2006, 09:41 PM
sword fight
don't look
:vomit:

FAX
05-24-2006, 09:42 PM
did I repost?

ROFL

Not to my knowledge, Mr. blueballs. It's just that this is a choice between Limping Dracula plus Son of Limping Dracula and two variants from a strain of deadly, drool-producing viruses.

Keep this up and you'll be taking Mr. Rain Man's job.

FAX

Rausch
05-24-2006, 09:47 PM
I hope Bono's chest explodes one day and something all pointy and alien crawls out...

...slowly.

blueballs
05-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Griese Plummer followed Elway
Bono Grbac followed Montana
Cutler just needs to waalk and chew gum
at the same time

Rausch
05-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Griese Plummer followed Elway
Bono Grbac followed Montana
Cutler just needs to waalk and chew gum
at the same time

"I've read Robert Frost, and you sir are no Robert Frost..."

blueballs
05-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Stevie

FAX
05-24-2006, 10:12 PM
"I've read Robert Frost, and you sir are no Robert Frost..."

Yeah. Frost is more like this ...

I watched the goats lose Games with Griese,
And Plummer with his Beard so fleecy
And rather than Watch fool Grbac
I shall Suffer bacterial plaque.
Or live my life with incurable mono,
Than Observe again that idiot Bono
For one need not be Fair omniscient
To see they Sucked
And were Deficient.

FAX

Predarat
05-25-2006, 09:08 AM
I think Plummer and Griese actually won some playoff games so I voted Bono/Grbac.

Mile High Mania
05-25-2006, 09:34 AM
This guy needs to take a class in how to post a quality thread.

keg in kc
05-25-2006, 10:07 AM
I think the real difference is the coaching. Shanahan was able to "Trent Dilfer" his way to the AFC Championship last year despite Plummer.

Marty, on the other hand...

And until we win a playoff game, the only curse that matters here remains intact.

Inspector
05-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Considering the history, this may not have been a well thought out poll.

However it might just make a great cheese spread. Anything is possible.

Mile High Mania
05-25-2006, 10:16 AM
I think the real difference is the coaching. Shanahan was able to "Trent Dilfer" his way to the AFC Championship last year despite Plummer.

Marty, on the other hand...

And until we win a playoff game, the only curse that matters here remains intact.

I don't agree with that at all. Was it a wide open offense? No, but it was far from being Ravens-Dilfer like last year.

Taco John
05-25-2006, 10:24 AM
The Broncos are 33-15 with Plummer (0.678 winning percentage), and have been to the playoff all three years behind him (100% playoff appearance percentage).

Trent Green is 44-36 (0.55 winning percentage), and have been to the playoffs once during his tenure (20% playoff appearance percentage).

You were saying?

keg in kc
05-25-2006, 10:25 AM
I don't agree with that at all. Was it a wide open offense? No, but it was far from being Ravens-Dilfer like last year.We might have to agree to disagree on that. From where I was sitting, Shanahan pretty much had a choke-hold on Plummer. I thought the entire offense was tailored towards an effort at limiting decision-making or chance-taking as much as possible. I thought it was a lot closer to what KC ran in the mid- late-90's than what Denver ran over the same time span, although I still don't think it was as Marty as Martyball was at its height (or was that depth?). Either way, I thought it seemed more about keeping Plummer from losing games than it was about asking him to win them. Which I think was a wise decision.

As I said, it nearly got you to a superbowl.

Taco John
05-25-2006, 10:27 AM

That's how a bitter Chiefs fan might look at it... But Plummer's control and decision-making was a huge reason we were able to go 13-3 last year. You want to take his progress as a negative, and that's your perogative. But it's far from the truth.

keg in kc
05-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Yes, I'm sure that's why you traded up in first round of the draft for a QB this year. Progress. Right.

Nice try with the "bitter Chiefs fan" bait, but you have to do better than that with me. You know that.

Taco John
05-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Yes, I'm sure that's why you traded up in first round of the draft for a QB this year. Progress. Right.

Nice try with the "bitter Chiefs fan" bait, but you have to do better than that with me. You know that.

It certainly wasn't as impressive as the "Trent Dilfer" bait, but it'll do in a pinch.

Say what you want about Plummer, but he's been moving this organization in the right direction since signing on, despite his shortcomings. We've got a team with a lot of playoff experience because of his decisionmaking and ability to play within the offense and not feel the need to make it happen on his own. He still has another step to take, to be sure... But to date each step has been a forward one.

StcChief
05-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Steve Boner and Gaybec

Griese was bad, despite Jake they have got to AFC title game.

Kerberos
05-25-2006, 11:20 AM
It certainly wasn't as impressive as the "Trent Dilfer" bait, but it'll do in a pinch.

Say what you want about Plummer, but he's been moving this organization in the right direction since signing on, despite his shortcomings. We've got a team with a lot of playoff experience because of his decisionmaking and ability to play within the offense and not feel the need to make it happen on his own. He still has another step to take, to be sure... But to date each step has been a forward one.

Its just Plummers INABILITY to NOT CHOKE when the big one is on the line.

Other than that he has had a pretty good ride in Donkville.

But IMO the Donks will NEVER get past a conference championship game if Plummer is your quarterback. He will blow it for your team EVERY TIME.

;)

Taco John
05-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Its just Plummers INABILITY to NOT CHOKE when the big one is on the line.

Other than that he has had a pretty good ride in Donkville.

But IMO the Donks will NEVER get past a conference championship game if Plummer is your quarterback. He will blow it for your team EVERY TIME.

;)

I think that's fair criticism. His inability to keep the ball under control in the post season has forced Shanahan's hand. That said, Plummer responds well to challenges, and I think that having a young competitor looking over his shoulder might be a positive catalyst for him.

Mile High Mania
05-25-2006, 11:45 AM

;)

Once upon a time it was Denver would never get to the playoffs, much less win a playoff game with Jake at QB. Baby steps, brutha.

The deal with trading up to get Cutler... I don't have anything to say about it other than, I've never been comfortable with the QB depth. So, moving up to get one of the 3 top guys in the draft is ok with me. Sure, I would have loved to see them take a player that could help this year, but I'm not going to argue the selection.

Plummer is what ... 32... entering his 10th year. I have no issue making a move for a guy that could take over by the time Plummer is 34. Worst case, Plummer is hurt this year and Cutler steps in and does well or he wins the starting gig next year. Just like I can't control their desire to not retain 1,000 yard rushers from the previous year the last few years, I can't control the QB situation.

So, I'll just sit back and let whatever happens happen.

Mile High Mania
05-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Regarding the note about choking with the big game on the line... the defense has it's fair share of blame for the playoff losses the last few years as well. It's not like the defense held the Steelers in check by giving up 34 points.

blueballs
05-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Halfcan is a board Icon
pardon me if your
criticisms have little bite

Douche Baggins
05-25-2006, 12:09 PM
The Broncos are 33-15 with Plummer (0.678 winning percentage), and have been to the playoff all three years behind him (100% playoff appearance percentage).

Trent Green is 44-36 (0.55 winning percentage), and have been to the playoffs once during his tenure (20% playoff appearance percentage).

You were saying?

I think you meant....

The Broncos are 33-15 with a defense that has allowed an average 17.9 points per game, and have been to the playoffs all three years behind it.

The Chiefs are 44-36 with a defense that has allowed an average of 22.7 points per game and have been to the playoffs once despite it.

Taco John
05-25-2006, 12:12 PM
I think you meant....

The Broncos are 33-15 with a defense that has allowed an average 17.9 points per game, and have been to the playoffs all three years behind it.

The Chiefs are 44-36 with a defense that has allowed an average of 22.7 points per game and have been to the playoffs once despite it.

Nah, I don't need to spin it all all to make it sound better than it actually is, like you need to do. It is what it is.