PDA

View Full Version : DC Forum Policy Issue Poll

Logical
05-25-2006, 04:11 PM
There used to be a policy that if you did not post in the lounge on football at least occasionally you could be banned.

Now that DC has been completely banished from having any visible trace of threads directly on the Lounge page I believe that policy should be changed.

As long as the moderators do not feel the individual is just trolling then a member who only posts in the DC forum should be allowed. Moderators should not need to have the old crutch to get rid of true trolls. Moderators will define who is a troll and who is not, live with it.

So I am creating a policy change thread for DC Denizens to cast their vote. The inspiration for this is the suggestion that BucEyedPea is not a qualifying member for the old reason in another thread. She seems to be very level headed and not trollish whatsoever, I see no harm in her being a member here without participating in the Lounge as we need a broader participation base now that we have been banished to keep this place from becoming too stale and broaden the perspectives expressed.

If the policy were changed both conservative and liberals alike could invite participants not particularly interested in football.

So here goes, your name will go with the vote. If lurkers vote they will not be counted, only votes associated with usernames will be counted to keep this honest.

NewChief
05-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Fine by me.
Though I don't read this place as much as I once did, BucEyedPea seems to have one of the more unique, fresh viewpoints here now. This place needs new blood.

BucEyedPea
05-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Well, you know if it were not offseason I would post more football.

I did occasionally post about football in the lounge: on Ty Law, with Amnorix on the Patriots regarding losing Vinateri, about Ronde Barber coming to the Chiefs.

I can talk football and am an avid fan. I even admire the Chiefs O-line since the Bucs have had a crappy one for so long.

I was not even aware of such a rule. If I was I'm sure I could find something to say...if you insist. I just thought you had a lively, entertaining board with many intelligent posters, particularly in DC.

Radar Chief
05-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Well, you know if it were not offseason I would post more football.

I did occasionally post about football in the lounge: on Ty Law, with Amnorix on the Patriots regarding losing Vinateri, about Ronde Barber coming to the Chiefs.

I can talk football and am an avid fan. I even admire the Chiefs O-line since the Bucs have had a crappy one for so long.

I was not even aware of such a rule. If I was I'm sure I could find something to say...if you insist. I just thought you had a lively, entertaining board with many intelligent posters, particularly in DC.

Ah, youíre a Bucs fan. :doh!: That explains why you're so incredibly misguided. ;)

As the philosophy has been explained to me, the DC forum is a privilege for active Chiefs Planet members. Thus the need to at least occasionally post sports in the Lounge.
If it helps any, Iím pretty sure Iíve seen BEP post sports talk there.

jAZ
05-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Did you post on the football board initially? There was another female Bucs fan that I am remembering (though it was under another user name I think). She was the GF of a chiefs fan, IIRC. Is she you?

jAZ
05-25-2006, 05:05 PM
I say "yes" with the qualification that Kyle must also vote yes (someone needs to ask him to vote). It's his bandwidth.

patteeu
05-25-2006, 05:12 PM
I've always thought it was a dumb rule anyway. Trolls should be weeded out for trollish behavior. We shouldn't need the equivalent of tax evasion charges to prosecute Al Capone. As for the non-trolls who never have anything to say on football threads, why does it matter? I read lots of football posts because I'm very interested in the Chiefs, but I rarely post anything because I don't often think I have much to contribute. Even more often, what I would contribute has already been said. Why add a "me too" post when 15 people have already said that Albert Lewis was a better cornerback than Dale Carter?

jAZ
05-25-2006, 05:24 PM
I've always thought it was a dumb rule anyway. Trolls should be weeded out for trollish behavior. We shouldn't need the equivalent of tax evasion charges to prosecute Al Capone. As for the non-trolls who never have anything to say on football threads, why does it matter? I read lots of football posts because I'm very interested in the Chiefs, but I rarely post anything because I don't often think I have much to contribute. Even more often, what I would contribute has already been said. Why add a "me too" post when 15 people have already said that Albert Lewis was a better cornerback than Dale Carter?
All very good points.

BucEyedPea
05-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Did you post on the football board initially? There was another female Bucs fan that I am remembering (though it was under another user name I think). She was the GF of a chiefs fan, IIRC. Is she you?

What's IIRC mean?

No. Never been here before.

As I stated in another thread, I was looking up something on the Chiefs stemming from posting with another Chief's fan on another board.

Did a Google. This was near the top just under the corp board which didn't have what I needed. Next was this.

Earthling
05-25-2006, 05:52 PM
I always thought it was a stupid rule, although I post both places myself.

jAZ
05-25-2006, 06:00 PM
What's IIRC mean?

No. Never been here before.

As I stated in another thread, I was looking up something on the Chiefs stemming from posting with another Chief's fan on another board.

Did a Google. This was near the top just under the corp board which didn't have what I needed. Next was this.
If I remember correctly.

BucEyedPea
05-25-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm not following your train of thought jAZ.

What is IIRC? Or is that a poster's name?

jAZ
05-25-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm not following your train of thought jAZ.

What is IIRC? Or is that a poster's name?
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly.

This is a link to the poster I was confusing you with...
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=3346

BucEyedPea
05-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Ah! :doh!:

I saw her one night looking through the member's list.

jAZ
05-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Ah! :doh!:

I saw her one night looking through the member's list.
So does all this back-and-forth mean that we are on speaking terms again?

BucEyedPea
05-25-2006, 06:20 PM
:p

Can I plead the 5th? :)

Nightwish
05-25-2006, 09:12 PM
This time of year, nobody should be surprised that some folks don't post much in the Lounge, or about football. Right now, half the threads in the Lounge don't have anything to do with football. It's the off-season. I hardly ever post there during the off-season, because most of the conversations going on in there are just plain uninteresting. I don't watch college football (and consequently, don't care one whit about the NFL draft), I couldn't give a frog's fart about college basketball or the NBA, the Royals are too far gone to even talk about. I only marginally care about free agent acquisitions, and then only as they concern the Chiefs. About the only place I find interesting conversations going on this time of year, other than DC, is the Music Lounge.

jAZ
05-25-2006, 09:15 PM

Can I plead the 5th? :)

Iowanian
05-25-2006, 09:18 PM
My feeling is, Chiefsplanet is a Football message board, and this is a place to keep some of the political fighting(and there is way too much of it, myself included) away from the main board.

I think of this as a place for Planet folks(see Football fans) to discuss these issues...not a politics board for all.

Thats my take, and others are perfectly entitled to their own.

Also, In times during the season, when the board is slow anyway, having non-football people in here doesn't help the reason we're supposed to be here, anyway.

BucEyedPea
05-25-2006, 09:22 PM
ROFL My you have a playful streak, afterall!

jAZ
05-25-2006, 09:32 PM
ROFL My you have a playful streak, afterall!
http://blog.urbanomic.com/sphaleotas/archives/grumpy.jpg

BucEyedPea
05-25-2006, 09:36 PM
http://www.americanroyalarts.com/library/DS153.jpg

Loki
05-25-2006, 09:54 PM
http://www.americanroyalarts.com/library/DS153.jpg

and yet another budding internet romance story ensues...

BEP and jaz... the new ENDelt/katipan ?

jAZ
05-25-2006, 09:58 PM
BEP and jaz... the new ENDelt/katipan ?
I think Mrs. jAZ might have something to say on this subject. ;)

Logical
05-25-2006, 10:05 PM
My feeling is, Chiefsplanet is a Football message board, and this is a place to keep some of the political fighting(and there is way too much of it, myself included) away from the main board.

I think of this as a place for Planet folks(see Football fans) to discuss these issues...not a politics board for all.

Thats my take, and others are perfectly entitled to their own.

Also, In times during the season, when the board is slow anyway, having non-football people in here doesn't help the reason we're supposed to be here, anyway. I would probably feel that way if we had not been exiled like a plague.

Nightwish
05-25-2006, 10:12 PM
BEP is female? I had no idea. I thought you were a guy! I'm not sure why, probably just that most women I know don't tend to hold (or at least express) strong political views.

BucEyedPea
05-25-2006, 10:49 PM
BEP is female? I had no idea. I thought you were a guy! I'm not sure why, probably just that most women I know don't tend to hold (or at least express) strong political views.
LOL! Yeah, but I do but I like to joke and have fun too.
Both politics and football seem to be male dominated though.

Jaz,
I know you're married I was just havin' fun with the Grumpy vs Snow White thing.

BTW every football BB I've been on, including Bucs, Pats and NFCS has always welcomed rival fans. Not that I consider Chiefs a rival although I also root for the Pats being from NE and here as transplant.

Nightwish
05-25-2006, 10:52 PM
LOL! Yeah, but I do but I like to joke and have fun too.
Both politics and football seem to be male dominated though.

Jaz,
I know you're married I was just havin' fun with the Grumpy vs Snow White thing.

BTW every football BB I've been on, including Bucs, Pats and NFCS has always welcomed rival fans. Not that I consider Chiefs a rival although I also root for the Pats being from NE and here as transplant.
Hell, we've got members who are not only fans of other teams, but some who are fans of bitter rivals. Taco John is an avid Broncos fan and Chiefs hater, for instance. Amnorix is a Pats fan (I don't know his feelings regarding the Chiefs, though).

BucEyedPea
05-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Hell, we've got members who are not only fans of other teams, but some who are fans of bitter rivals. Taco John is an avid Broncos fan and Chiefs hater, for instance. Amnorix is a Pats fan (I don't know his feelings regarding the Chiefs, though).

Oh yeah that is true. I knew Amnorix was, and was surprised because you guys play each other. But I had no idea Taco John was a Bronco's fan.

I guess I was thinkin' of Iowanian's post in this thread, only being for Chief's fans.

Nightwish
05-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Oh yeah that is true. I knew Amnorix was, and was surprised because you guys play each other. But I had no idea Taco John was a Bronco's fan.

I guess I was thinkin' of Iowanian's post in this thread, only being for Chief's fans.
Heh, just wait until the season starts. TJ and I are allies here in DC, for the most part, but when the season gets started, check us out in the Lounge; I guarantee we'll be at each other's throats! It's kind of funny how we're all like different people between the two forums. We can hate each other in the Lounge, and back each other up in DC. Others of us can hate each other in DC, and buddy up as fellow Chiefs fans in the Lounge. It's all good!

jAZ
05-25-2006, 11:02 PM
I know... I couldn't find this in time...

http://www.siti.com.mx/BASHFUL

Nightwish
05-25-2006, 11:04 PM
By the way, as far as the Pats go, our rivalry with them is only in the Conference. Since they aren't in our division, we don't really hate them until the playoffs come around!

BucEyedPea
05-25-2006, 11:08 PM
By the way, as far as the Pats go, our rivalry with them is only in the Conference. Since they aren't in our division, we don't really hate them until the playoffs come around!

Oh well, in that case, we don't need to worry.

BucEyedPea
05-25-2006, 11:10 PM
I know... I couldn't find this in time...

Awww...some day myprince will come
Some day we'll meet again
http://www.dslextreme.com/users/wlee/olsz/snowhors.jpg

Nightwish
05-25-2006, 11:23 PM
Oh well, in that case, we don't need to worry.ROFL

Well, here's to hoping that we both end up with something to worry about -- :toast:

Taco John
05-26-2006, 12:57 AM
I vote no.

We're all in this forum because we have something in common outside of our interest in politics: an interest in football... I'm in favor of keeping it like that.

jspchief
05-26-2006, 07:58 AM
The inspiration for this is the suggestion that BucEyedPea is not a qualifying member for the old reason in another thread. So who's the whiny bitch that suggested this?

I think that rule was created to keep some of the more far out political posters from bringing in a bunch of their troll friends. I'd say it might be better to just judge trolls by their trollish activity, not the forums they post in.

Hell, about 30% of the people that post exclusively in the lounge wouldn't know a football if it hit them in the face.

Iowanian
05-26-2006, 09:58 AM

To Clarify....I welcome football fans. It has nothing to do with wanting to exclude fans of other teams. What I meant, was that I don't want to see Political trolls coming here from some unnamed politics board to only discuss that.

If you're a football fan, great....but I've not seen you participate in a football discussion to date.

Nightwish
05-26-2006, 12:08 PM
If you're a football fan, great....but I've not seen you participate in a football discussion to date.
That's not surprising. She only joined in April, and as I said earlier, unless you're interested in talking about the draft, there just ain't much to talk about football-wise right now.

vailpass
05-26-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't watch college football (and consequently, don't care one whit about the NFL draft), I couldn't give a frog's fart about college basketball or the NBA, the Royals are too far gone to even talk about. I only marginally care about free agent acquisitions, and then only as they concern the Chiefs. About the only place I find interesting conversations going on this time of year, other than DC, is the Music Lounge.

Heresy, pure and simple. Out of curiosity, why come to a football BB?

htismaqe
05-26-2006, 01:02 PM
We don't really enforce this policy anymore, for the very reason you brought up.

htismaqe
05-26-2006, 01:05 PM
I would probably feel that way if we had not been exiled like a plague.

You ARE a plague.

Nightwish
05-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Heresy, pure and simple. Out of curiosity, why come to a football BB?
Because it's fun to talk about during the season. If the off-field mechanations (draft, acquisitions, etc.) interest you, that's all fine. They don't interest me. I'm interested in the entertainment of watching the games and talking about them, not in the stuff that goes on off the field and during the off-season. There are different kinds of sports fans - the stats-munchers who eat up every number and statistic, and then there are the ones who just like to watch the action on the field. I'm one of the latter, and there are plenty of us on here.

vailpass
05-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Because it's fun to talk about during the season. If the off-field mechanations (draft, acquisitions, etc.) interest you, that's all fine. They don't interest me. I'm interested in the entertainment of watching the games and talking about them, not in the stuff that goes on off the field and during the off-season. There are different kinds of sports fans - the stats-munchers who eat up every number and statistic, and then there are the ones who just like to watch the action on the field. I'm one of the latter, and there are 3 or 4 of us on here and we all reside in the DC sewer.

Fixed it for you. This is a football board. You can count the number of members who have zero interest in the NFL draft and off-season developments on one hand.

jettio
05-26-2006, 02:02 PM
BucEyedPea has too many green dots to be banned.

No doubt inspired by the pg-13 tension she brings to the board.

I think Iowanian is just jealous that sitting down to pee has not brought him similar acclaim.

Mr. Laz
05-26-2006, 02:15 PM
D.C. is no longer a part of chiefsplanet imo

it's simply a political forum in the same neighborhood.

at least unless the right takes over again ... then it prolly gets moved back into the CP good graces and suddenly there will be enough room on the lounge page again.

BucEyedPea
05-26-2006, 02:22 PM
That's not surprising. She only joined in April, and as I said earlier, unless you're interested in talking about the draft, there just ain't much to talk about football-wise right now.
Actually, one day I wondered where they put the football stuff around here.
I took a look and never found it or so I thought to myself.

I did see the Draft forum and I saw the Lounge where I do also post.
But I had no clue where you even put the football. I even wondered if it was really a football board.

Then I saw a post a few days ago in the Lounge saying that football was a Lounge topic. It just doesn't appear that way as there's more general topic going on. Then I figured that probably changed during the season.

I'm a little slow. I only even found the rep button a couple of weeks ago because someone pointed it out, only discovered the rep comments last week and just figured out the green buttons a few days ago, and the black ones too.

Iowanian
05-26-2006, 02:40 PM
If I only had green dots by my name, I'm sure I'd be able to sit down and still pee around a corner.

BucEyedPea has too many green dots to be banned.

No doubt inspired by the pg-13 tension she brings to the board.

I think Iowanian is just jealous that sitting down to pee has not brought him similar acclaim.

CHIEF4EVER
05-26-2006, 02:51 PM
I vote no.

We're all in this forum because we have something in common outside of our interest in politics: an interest in football... I'm in favor of keeping it like that.

Me too. I think you nailed it.

Radar Chief
05-26-2006, 03:07 PM

Such concern with another mans junk might lead one to think you were prior Navy, or something. :thailor: :p

Nightwish
05-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Fixed it for you. This is a football board. You can count the number of members who have zero interest in the NFL draft and off-season developments on one hand.
It would be interesting to see if a poll of all the members of CP actually bears out your claim. I'm doubting it would. It would seem that you're trying to say that if you're not particularly interested in the off-field aspects of football, then you're not a "real" football fan. If that's what you're trying to say, that's even weaker than most of the normal stuff posted in DC. Sorry, pardnur, but that dog don't hunt.

BIG_DADDY
05-26-2006, 06:42 PM
No way it's a football BB, that's the bottom line. We would end up with a bunch of Thomas douche bags if we let that happen. I can't believe so many people voted yes. I guess some posters wanted to start recruiting from the communist BB's again.

BIG_DADDY
05-26-2006, 06:44 PM
It's bad enough we allow terrorist supporters to stay around.

BIG_DADDY
05-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Any attempt to change policy in DC should still be posted on the main BB. The left of Stalin crue shouldn't be allowed to control anything.

Logical
05-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Any attempt to change policy in DC should still be posted on the main BB. The left of Stalin crue shouldn't be allowed to control anything.I don't see why. This place is completely remvoed from view on the main Lounge forum. They don't want to participate they should not get a vote on how things are done in this forum. This is a forum not a subforum the way it is now setup. Anybody who comes over and even lurks can vote nothing prevents them. If they hate this place so much how will this policy affect them since they never come over here?

Logical
05-26-2006, 07:09 PM
No way it's a football BB, that's the bottom line. We would end up with a bunch of Thomas douche bags if we let that happen. I can't believe so many people voted yes. I guess some posters wanted to start recruiting from the communist BB's again.

Troy,

These are the people who have voted yes so far.

Adam (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1459), banyon (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=6081), Boozer (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=2065), BucEyedPea (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=7521), Dave Lane (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=147), go bo (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=2285), Hydrae (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=695), jAZ (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=549), jiveturkey (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=920), Laz (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=450), Logical (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=42), NewChief (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=826), Nightwish (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=6785), Old Codger (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=585), patteeu (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1826), Pitt Gorilla (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=240), Sully (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=6351), unlurking (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=2677), Velvet_Jones (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=2355), WoodDraw (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=3689)

As you can see by the bolded names at least half of them are either moderates or conservatives. I would have to believe all of us voting yes feel that this place would benetfit from a more diverse and more populous forum population.

unlurking
05-26-2006, 07:14 PM
Yes, it's a football forum. But many of us now consider it a "home" forum. I haven't really posted on many forums other than this one in years.

BIG_DADDY
05-26-2006, 07:19 PM
I don't see why. This place is completely remvoed from view on the main Lounge forum. They don't want to participate they should not get a vote on how things are done in this forum. This is a forum not a subforum the way it is now setup. Anybody who comes over and even lurks can vote nothing prevents them. If they hate this place so much how will this policy affect them since they never come over here?

The landscape in here will change as the president does. Some people don't visit presently because it has turned into a liberal circle jerk. Name one good member in the history of the planet who was a good poster but didn't post on football?

BIG_DADDY
05-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Yes, it's a football forum. But many of us now consider it a "home" forum. I haven't really posted on many forums other than this one in years.

Do you ever post on football?

BIG_DADDY
05-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Troy,

These are the people who have voted yes so far.

Adam (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1459), banyon (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=6081), Boozer (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=2065), BucEyedPea (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=7521), Dave Lane (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=147), go bo (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=2285), Hydrae (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=695), jAZ (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=549), jiveturkey (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=920), Laz (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=450), Logical (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=42), NewChief (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=826), Nightwish (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=6785), Old Codger (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=585), patteeu (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1826), Pitt Gorilla (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=240), Sully (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=6351), unlurking (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=2677), Velvet_Jones (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=2355), WoodDraw (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=3689)

As you can see by the bolded names at least half of them are either moderates or conservatives. I would have to believe all of us voting yes feel that this place would benetfit from a more diverse and more populous forum population.

I suppose it could but I doubt it will. I just see people like jaz or meme heading off to their left of Stalin BB's they frequent and recruiting like has happened in the past. jaz is a GREAT example.

unlurking
05-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Do you ever post on football?
hahaha

I would ask the same of you. If it doesn't concern MMA, hunting, dog legislation, or meme bashing, I rarely see you post. When you do post on a football thread, it's usually to give someone crap and not talk about the subject.

BIG_DADDY
05-26-2006, 07:35 PM
hahaha

I would ask the same of you. If it doesn't concern MMA, hunting, dog legislation, or meme bashing, I rarely see you post. When you do post on a football thread, it's usually to give someone crap and not talk about the subject.

I wasn't giving you shit. I post a lot on football during the season. Call me crazy but spending a ton of time doing draft predictions that will never happen isn't my thing. I also created the gambling thread that Dartgod ran this last year which talks about football all the time during the season.

BIG_DADDY
05-26-2006, 07:44 PM
All I'm saying is if the past is any indication of the future this is a terrible idea. You want to clone Thomas and bring a bunch of them over here then be my guest but it will destroy this forum IMO. Getting rid of that guy was one of the best things we ever did here.

unlurking
05-26-2006, 07:48 PM
I wasn't giving you shit. I post a lot on football during the season. Call me crazy but spending a ton of time doing draft predictions that will never happen isn't my thing. I also created the gambling thread that Dartgod ran this last year which talks about football all the time during the season.
Understood, and I wasn't being flippant. But I'm basically in the same boat as you. After the draft, I normally don't post much on football at all until TC. Call me crazy, but I just don't get much out of Ty Law posts. There just isn't that much going on in the NFL in the summer.

I was just pointing out that during the off-season, we all tend to post about issues we care about that aren't footlball related, because the people we came to talk football with became friends to talk about other stuff with. You're big into MMA (I'm a casual fan but have posted in several MMA threads) and you also post about BSL to "get the word out" to others. I'm big into personal privacy rights and tend to post on those kind of topics. BSL can go into the lounge because everyone has/loves dogs, privacy rights seem to be more of a DC topic, so I do that over here.

I would post a ton on gameday, but the server is so damn slow for me (I even go into atwork mode), that it is not really feasible (although I did try many times). I found the chat room setup last season was a blast, so posted a ton during that. Hell, I'd take my laptop into my garage to smoke so I could keep up in real time.

It's just that during the off-season thing slow down, and I spend more time posting in Geeks or DC, although I read/refresh the Louinge constantly just to be sure I don't missing any breaking news about Ty Law. ;)

unlurking
05-26-2006, 07:52 PM
All I'm saying is if the past is any indication of the future this is a terrible idea. You want to clone Thomas and bring a bunch of them over here then be my guest but it will destroy this forum IMO. Getting rid of that guy was one of the best things we ever did here.
To be honest, I don't remember the last person who a schmuck who only posted in DC. I almost called rexcjake on it, but he started posting in the Lounge. Still think he's an ass, but don't see him around as much.

At the same time, "he who shall not be named" has made several asswiping reappearances and been banned again and again. He posted in the Lounge pretty regularly too. I'm just not sure the rule still pertains. To me, I think assholes should be banned whether they post in the lounge or not.

jettio
05-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Such concern with another mans junk might lead one to think you were prior Navy, or something. :thailor: :p

Gay-dar Chief strikes again. Deja vu. :p

Logical
05-26-2006, 08:48 PM
All I'm saying is if the past is any indication of the future this is a terrible idea. You want to clone Thomas and bring a bunch of them over here then be my guest but it will destroy this forum IMO. Getting rid of that guy was one of the best things we ever did here.Thomas would be an example of what mod would likely call a troll due to his thread posting style. I have accounted for that possibilty.

Logical
05-26-2006, 08:52 PM
If I may Troy may I point out that I probably post the most of any single poster in both forums (not total posts mind you). I don't think there is a poster with a bigger volume of daily postings in both forums yet I am the one posting this proposed change. I want some more people to talk with and debate against over here. If they won't come from the population of football posters what is the harm if NFT posters want to post in this forum? As long as they don't go trolling in the lounge.

vailpass
05-27-2006, 01:09 PM
It would be interesting to see if a poll of all the members of CP actually bears out your claim. I'm doubting it would. It would seem that you're trying to say that if you're not particularly interested in the off-field aspects of football, then you're not a "real" football fan. If that's what you're trying to say, that's even weaker than most of the normal stuff posted in DC. Sorry, pardnur, but that dog don't hunt.

Go ahead, run a poll on the main forum asking whether people are at all interested in the draft and/or off-season transactions. The "yes" response will be in the high 90 percentile.

Be careful though; you will be coming hazardously close to creating an actual football post. Try hard not to use fifty cent words on nickel thoughts and you will come across as much less of a tool.

Nightwish
05-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Go ahead, run a poll on the main forum asking whether people are at all interested in the draft and/or off-season transactions. The "yes" response will be in the high 90 percentile.
That would be rather pointless unless there was a way to insure that every member of CP participated in the poll, since it concerns the total makeup of CP members, not just those who post most regularly at this time of year.

Be careful though; you will be coming hazardously close to creating an actual football post. Try hard not to use fifty cent words on nickel thoughts and you will come across as much less of a tool.
Be careful, resorting to juvenile ad homs the moment someone disagrees with you (which seems to be your wont) makes you look quite the tool yourself.

htismaqe
05-30-2006, 01:33 PM
D.C. is no longer a part of chiefsplanet imo

it's simply a political forum in the same neighborhood.

at least unless the right takes over again ... then it prolly gets moved back into the CP good graces and suddenly there will be enough room on the lounge page again.

ROFL

I can assure you, no matter what happens politically, that DC will NEVER be part of the main forum again.

jspchief
05-30-2006, 01:57 PM
The comparison I've heard over the few years I've been here is that Chiefsplanet is like an internet sportsbar. I think that's a perfect description.

A lot of the conversation at a sportsbar is a going to be sports related. But there are a lot of other discussions happening on every topic under the sun. The reason DC got it's own forum is the same reason the fun people don't like to bring up heavy topics at the sportsbar.

BIG_DADDY
05-30-2006, 02:26 PM
The comparison I've heard over the few years I've been here is that Chiefsplanet is like an internet sportsbar. I think that's a perfect description.

A lot of the conversation at a sportsbar is a going to be sports related. But there are a lot of other discussions happening on every topic under the sun. The reason DC got it's own forum is the same reason the fun people don't like to bring up heavy topics at the sportsbar.

Without naming names I think it was more about certain members using the BB strictly to promote their political agenda and annoy others who detest them. There was no way to get away from them previously but now there is.

BIG_DADDY
05-30-2006, 02:58 PM
We need a lot more NO votes guys.

banyon
05-30-2006, 03:03 PM
DC's small and slow enough without excluding people IMO.

BIG_DADDY
05-30-2006, 03:27 PM
DC's small and slow enough without excluding people IMO.

We would not be excluding. We just wouldn't be adding more people who have no interest in football by allowing some of our extreme left/right wingers on this BB to go pick up some of their little buddies from other extremist BB's. This has happened in the past. WHat's that BB Thomas came from again?

banyon
05-30-2006, 03:33 PM
We would not be excluding. We just wouldn't be adding more people who have no interest in football by allowing some of our extreme left/right wingers on this BB to go pick up some of their little buddies from other extremist BB's. This has happened in the past. WHat's that BB Thomas came from again?

I agree that if they are trolls they should be excluded. But on the basis of their being a troll, not on the basis of their not being a :arrow: fan.

Mr. Kotter
05-30-2006, 03:35 PM
This is first and foremost a Chief's football bulletin board. If one wants politics, there are plenty of places to go for that.

If those here for football are bored with the main board at any paticular moment in time, they know how to find this place--or they'll find it, if they are really interested.

JMHO.

Mr. Kotter
05-30-2006, 03:38 PM

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner....

:clap:

Logical
05-30-2006, 05:38 PM
This is first and foremost a Chief's football bulletin board. If one wants politics, there are plenty of places to go for that.

If those here for football are bored with the main board at any paticular moment in time, they know how to find this place--or they'll find it, if they are really interested.

JMHO.

You tell mean a message BB such as this one that has both sides of the spectrum represented like this one does. I have never found one, this is unique. Add to that the community spirit and that many of us actually know each other, not just in cyberspace this place is very unique. There is something about this BB that fosters the desire to actually meet and get to know the other posters that you don't find in other places. JMHO

I do find it interesting that the conservatives seem to be the ones afraid of this idea for the largest part. While there is a mix of conservatives, moderates, and liberals who favor it.:hmmm:

Logical
05-30-2006, 05:41 PM

Thomas came from the Star, then to Pigskin Park/Pen then here. He was actually a Chiefs fan and actually quite knowledgeable about them. Just rarely posted over there after this BB was segregated.

BIG_DADDY
05-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Thomas came from the Star, then to Pigskin Park/Pen then here. He was actually a Chiefs fan and actually quite knowledgeable about them. Just rarely posted over there after this BB was segregated.

I thought Thomas got banned and came back as burning for man meat and then got banned again. He used to also post on some commie BB. The same one I believe jaz recruited somebody from. That's what I'm talking about.

Logical
05-30-2006, 07:38 PM
I thought Thomas got banned and came back as burning for man meat and then got banned again. He used to also post on some commie BB. The same one I believe jaz recruited somebody from. That's what I'm talking about.

I am not sure anyone ever linked BurningforWhatever to Thomas. There was much suspicion due to his posting style but as I recall his IP was not from Virginia where Thomas was from. Phobia probably would remember but I don't. BurningforWhatever did as I recall come from the DU website, not actually commie but radical left for sure.

jAZ
05-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Nope...

I don't know where Thomas came from, but the guy you are thinking of is Lefty_The_Right. He was a guy who was an Eagles fan who posted on my BB (AirAmericaTalk.com). When I closed that board, I invited him to bring his talk to the DC where many of the same posters would be (there were other CP posters who posted at AATalk). He was run off because he was a liberal version of Iowanian, Big Daddy, Kotter, etc (closer to BD & Iowanian in in-your-face attitude).

BD always assumed that LTR was Thomas, etc. He wasn't. I also think he's also confusing Pam Dawson's posting a link to CP on DU and inviting people to come post here to help her out in debates.