PDA

View Full Version : Any new StL Cardinals fans out there?

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Im seriously considering defecting my allegience toward the KC Turdbirds, and rooting for a winning MLB franchise. I will always appreciate the 1985 Championship, but Im having this feeling that my 4 year old son should be able to root for a winner instead of the Turdbirds, or the KC Kanchos as GBlowfish coined.

So are you considering becoming a Redbird fan?

Count Zarth
05-25-2006, 06:36 PM
You are disgusting.

JBucc
05-25-2006, 06:36 PM
My NL team is the Mets. They usually suck as well but doing alright this year.

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Thanks coming from bottom of the barrel, meetpeaking, fanboy such as yourself... it really means alot.

You're the best.

Count Zarth
05-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Thanks coming from bottom of the barrel, meetpeaking, fanboy such as yourself... it really means alot.

You're the best.

I'm sure others will echo my sentiments. You are human trash.

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 06:40 PM

Hah ha. Im a functioning member of society... who has moved out of my parents house, and had enough sex to have two kids and get married.

Ok. your turn.

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 06:40 PM
http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/images/masthead/stl_logobanner_primary.jpg

Count Zarth
05-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Hah ha. Im a functioning member of society... who has moved out of my parents house, and had enough sex to have two kids and get married.

Ok. your turn.

Sounds like you're in denial. Only a complete dirtbag would jump bandwagons.

VonneMarie
05-25-2006, 06:45 PM
I hope you're joking. But if your not, good riddance. :shake:

tk13
05-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Go right ahead I guess. I don't know why you'd want to add another team to your list that has a history of choking violently, the Chiefs fulfill that role for me quite nicely. If I rooted for the Cardinals too my head might explode.

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Sounds like you're in denial. Only a complete dirtbag would jump bandwagons.

heh. Im not doing it for me, Im doing it so that my kid doesnt have to root for a completely inept, pathetic excuse for a AA baseball team.

I havent completely moved over to the Dark Side, but Im gonna get my kid a Pujols jersey. Might as well have optimism growing up. I had it. Now, no one has it here in KC.

JBucc
05-25-2006, 06:57 PM
heh. Im not doing it for me, Im doing it so that my kid doesnt have to root for a completely inept, pathetic excuse for a AA baseball team.

I havent completely moved over to the Dark Side, but Im gonna get my kid a Pujols jersey. Might as well have optimism growing up. I had it. Now, no one has it here in KC.Things go in cycles. By the time your kid grows up the Cards might suck and the Royals might be good again(or not...). If all you want is your kid to have eternal baseball optimism you might as well make him a Yankees fan.

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Things go in cycles. By the time your kid grows up the Cards might suck and the Royals might be good again(or not...). If all you want is your kid to have eternal baseball optimism you might as well make him a Yankees fan.

Thats true. But, I would feel too dirty. I could manage the Cardinals... but never the Yankees. Eww.

Count Zarth
05-25-2006, 07:00 PM

You shouldn't decide for your kid.

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 07:06 PM
My new sig! woo hoo.

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 07:08 PM
You shouldn't decide for your kid.

If you are ever able to have sex, and God help us, have children... you will learn that most generally the kid will become a fan of whatever teams his dad likes. Since you most likely, wont get that opportunity... you will just have to take my word for it.

You should do a poll, I bet a vast majority of fans of older teams, are fans because their Pops was a fan.

Frazod
05-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Give yourself to the dark side.... :evil:

Calcountry
05-25-2006, 07:10 PM
You shouldn't decide for your kid.What do you know about kids Chiefie?

VonneMarie
05-25-2006, 07:11 PM
My new sig! woo hoo.
That's funny. Can I use it on another site? ROFL

Frazod
05-25-2006, 07:14 PM

You already drool over Albert. C'mon, take that final step. The color's right and everything. The Cards are calling you.... :titus:

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 07:14 PM

Fine with me... I just turned on sigs, to see it in action, and yours is awesome. oh, the glory years.

Count Zarth
05-25-2006, 07:15 PM
If you are ever able to have sex, and God help us, have children... you will learn that most generally the kid will become a fan of whatever teams his dad likes. Since you most likely, wont get that opportunity... you will just have to take my word for it.

You should do a poll, I bet a vast majority of fans of older teams, are fans because their Pops was a fan.

This is actually an interesting topic. I think I'll start that thread.

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Heh. I think Im gonna make myself an illegal shirt with that slogan on it. I love it. heh.

VonneMarie
05-25-2006, 07:17 PM
You already drool over Albert. C'mon, take that final step. The color's right and everything. The Cards are calling you.... :titus:
ROFL - I'll take Albert ( :drool: ) but you can have the rest of that crap.

I thought you were a fan of both teams?

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 07:17 PM
This is actually an interesting topic. I think I'll start that thread.

Albeit, some people will be old fockers who became fans by default... like Skip... so that has to be taken into consideration.

VonneMarie
05-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Fine with me... I just turned on sigs, to see it in action, and yours is awesome. oh, the glory years.
Aaah... yes, yes.

BigRedChief
05-25-2006, 07:19 PM
I grew up a Cardinal fan and I would never root for another team even if they lost 100 games 8 years in a row.

But your kid may want to consider it. My little leaguers are so depressed about the Royals. It's their team and they suck so bad. I hate to see your son like that at 13.

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 07:24 PM
I grew up a Cardinal fan and I would never root for another team even if they lost 100 games 8 years in a row.

But your kid may want to consider it. My little leaguers are so depressed about the Royals. It's their team and they suck so bad. I hate to see your son like that at 13.

Yeah, I feel you. Deep down and on the surface, Im sure Ill always be a Turdbird fan... however, I will feign interest in the Cardinals and give my kid a choice. Right now, he says Royals all the way. So, we shall see.

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 07:25 PM
btw, BigRedChief... notice how VonneMarie asked if she could use the sig pic? Not unlike you and your avatar stealing. heh. Its nice to see my artwork still appreciated though.

VonneMarie
05-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I feel you. Deep down and on the surface, Im sure Ill always be a Turdbird fan... however, I will feign interest in the Cardinals and give my kid a choice. Right now, he says Royals all the way. So, we shall see.
Don't brainwash him let him choose. And for all we know, by the time your kid is an adult, the Royals might be the new Yankmees. ROFL

Yeah I know...

VonneMarie
05-25-2006, 07:28 PM
btw, BigRedChief... notice how VonneMarie asked if she could use the sig pic? Not unlike you and your avatar stealing. heh. Its nice to see my artwork still appreciated though.
ROFL

ChiTown
05-25-2006, 07:33 PM
If you consider becoming a Redbird fan, you were NEVER really a Royals fan in the first place.

No self-respecting would do that. I suppose you are close to being a Bronco's fan too?

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 07:34 PM
If you consider becoming a Redbird fan, you were NEVER really a Royals fan in the first place.

No self-respecting would do that. I suppose you are close to being a Bronco's fan too?

ROFL uh, no.

Frazod
05-25-2006, 07:35 PM
ROFL - I'll take Albert ( :drool: ) but you can have the rest of that crap.

I thought you were a fan of both teams?

Not when one of them makes me ashamed to be from my hometown. F#ck those losers.

VonneMarie
05-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Not when one of them makes me ashamed to be from my hometown. F#ck those losers.
Good grief, Fraz... :shake:

Frazod
05-25-2006, 07:36 PM

I grew up rooting for both of them. For me, it wasn't a matter of switching. But I've certainly washed my hands of the Glass-owned Royals.

ChiTown
05-25-2006, 07:38 PM
I grew up rooting for both of them. For me, it wasn't a matter of switching. But I've certainly washed my hands of the Glass-owned Royals.

Bronco lover
:p

Frazod
Good grief, Fraz... :shake:

Do you really expect me to walk through the streets of CHICAGO sporting Royals gear? I'd be too ashamed to leave my friggin house.

VonneMarie
Do you really expect me to walk through the streets of CHICAGO sporting Royals gear? I'd be too ashamed to leave my friggin house.
Donkey lover.

Frazod
Bronco lover
:p

A. Baseball ain't football.

B. DIE :#

Frazod
05-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Donkey lover.

You know you've got a Pujols jersey on right now....

VonneMarie
05-25-2006, 07:41 PM
You know you've got a Pujols jersey on right now....
After what he did to my team last weekend, we're seperated. :p

Frazod
05-25-2006, 07:42 PM
After what he did to my team last weekend, we're seperated. :p

I'm not buying it. :D

kc1977
05-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Im seriously considering defecting my allegience toward the KC Turdbirds, and rooting for a winning MLB franchise. I will always appreciate the 1985 Championship, but Im having this feeling that my 4 year old son should be able to root for a winner instead of the Turdbirds, or the KC Kanchos as GBlowfish coined.

This is so weak it is unbelievable. You're going to fit right in as a cardinal fan.

tk13
Really, it does make sense to become a Broncos fan too.

Royals - No playoffs since 85, World Series title in 85

Cardinals - No World Series title since 82. Blew 3-1 series lead in 85 World Series. Blew 3-1 series lead to Atlanta in 96 NLCS, had one of the most famous collapses in history behind Rick Ankiel in 2000, Got crushed 4-1 in 2002 NLCS, totally dominated and swept in 2004 World Series, dominated in 2005 NLCS.

Chiefs - No titles since 1969, three playoff wins over last three decades.

Broncos - Perennial playoff team, 6 Super Bowl appearances, two Super Bowl titles. 7 AFC title game appearances in last 20 years.

VonneMarie
I'm not buying it. :D
Ok, it was only for 2 days.

I do not own anything with the words "St.Loser" on it. :shake:

Ari Chi3fs
A. Baseball ain't football.

B. DIE :#

Could you please explain this?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=7679

kc1977

Hey - and when you defect, you are also teaching your son a valuable lesson in loyalty. Two for one.

kc1977
05-25-2006, 07:47 PM

I live in St. Loser - my daughter wears my 1985 World Champion jacket around sometimes that I wore as a kid. I may not be proud of what the organization has become, but I'll never be ashamed to cheer for them.

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Hey - and when you defect, you are also teaching your son a valuable lesson in loyalty. Two for one.

heh. thats true. Dammit Carl!! :cuss:

Count Zarth
05-25-2006, 07:51 PM
You can't have the sweet without the sour.

beer bacon
05-25-2006, 08:06 PM
This is a great idea Hali. Get your kid started early. Can't handle adversity? Run away! Truly a great life lesson for the young ones.

PunkinDrublic
05-25-2006, 08:21 PM
C'mon snap out of it man. I'm as disappointed as any Royals fan right now but don't ****ing encourage tard fandom. Do what I do when the Royals season looks hopeless. Completely distance yourself from MLB. I've limited my following of the Royals to simply looking at the box score every day and shaking my head. I'll probably go watch them play when their in town but that's strictly out of my tradition of watching the Royals at least once a year. By the way I might do the paper bag over my head thing at the game.

Simplex3
05-25-2006, 08:41 PM
ROFL You really think YOU of all people can make this claim stick?

ImAWalkingCorpse
05-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Yeah this is pretty screwed up that you would even consider rooting for a St. Louis team.

beer bacon
05-25-2006, 08:44 PM
ROFL You really think YOU of all people can make this claim stick?

Lol GOchiefs is stooopid.!!

Predarat
05-25-2006, 08:49 PM
If they cant win that game today then they wont win another game all season long.

Frazod
05-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Could you please explain this?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=7679

ROFL

That would almost certainly be a new login for my own personal fAggot Donx stalker, Boardin' Bitch. Sent me a hateful PM out of the blue just after 2:00. Can't remember the last time I said, or for that matter, thought, about that friggin douche, and I've barely posted over the past couple of weeks. I guess something happened to make my name pop up in his tiny little brain.

wazu
05-25-2006, 09:39 PM

I don't know...the word "trash" implies that he had value as a human at some point in his existence. By starting this thread we can see that can't possibly be true.

beavis
05-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Seems to me that they're Hali's kind of people.

redbrian
05-25-2006, 09:55 PM
The card owners will only put out enough dough to keep the seats filled, they may look good but come time to step up to the big game and they fold on lack of dough.

Ari Chi3fs
05-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Seems to me that they're Hali's kind of people.

Right on! Go Tardinals.

morphius
05-25-2006, 09:58 PM
I don't know why I would switch now, I'm just more of a casual fan now. Between the strikes, their lack of a true cap, non stop talk of Roids, and just Royals complete suckage... Well, I just have trouble missing baseball.

morphius
at least my NHL team is competitive.

BigRedChief
05-25-2006, 10:00 PM

I'm the Microsoft of the Planet. I don't invent. I take something made by someone else and make it mine. You just don't get any money for your start up trouble like hotmail etc. But heres a bone
http://dalife.rowlandworld.com/C1222382262/E567244633/Media/gloria1.jpg

Cochise
05-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Go ahead, if you aren't loyal to your team through the thick and thin.

Someday the Royals are going to win it all again, and all these people will be out there again, making lines long for the bathrooms and making it harder to get good seats. I may be old and in a rocking chair, but someday they are going to do it again, and nobody will be able to tell me that I wasn't there all along.

Demonpenz
05-25-2006, 10:34 PM
I have spent too much of my child hood and too many of my good times of my life out there. Too many times watching frank white's footwork. Too many times watching brett come through in the clutch. Too many inside the park home runs by the fastest person i have ever seen with my eyes. Willie Wilson. I was 2 rows back when Harvey hit one out to win a game. I have to many memories to throw away on a different team. Even if the royals great moments only come every 15 games. I would like to think of myself at 80 years old being rolled out on a wheel chair telling my grandkids the way it used to be to see the K and the sunset one last time. That would be a great way to wrap up my life. In my later days I would like to grab my grand daughter and grandson together and give them some information that will last a life time. "**** ST. LOUIS."

J Diddy
05-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Go ahead, if you aren't loyal to your team through the thick and thin.

Someday the Royals are going to win it all again, and all these people will be out there again, making lines long for the bathrooms and making it harder to get good seats. I may be old and in a rocking chair, but someday they are going to do it again, and nobody will be able to tell me that I wasn't there all along.

At the rate their going your grandkids may be old and in a rocking chair.

luv
05-26-2006, 12:25 AM
A fan is a fan, win or lose.

greg63
05-26-2006, 12:28 AM
A true fan is a fan, win or lose.

Fixed it for ya luv. :D

StcChief
05-26-2006, 07:29 AM
St.Louis Cardinals are and always have been my team since the 60s growing listening on radio and B&W TV

jspchief
05-26-2006, 07:37 AM
Hey, it's not exactly jumping from the bandwagon. He's obviously sat through plenty of years of Royals shit before coming to the decision.

Luckily I stopped caring about baseball a long time ago, but I don't think there would be much pleasure to be derived from watching a team that has taken a freefall to the point of being the worst team in the history of baseball.

|Zach|
05-26-2006, 07:40 AM
I couldn't imagine switiching teams at this part of the game. I would just feel like a doucebag...what an unsatisfying time.