PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys see who is on the cover of SI?

jidar
05-25-2006, 08:32 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/

Carson Palmer.
Headline: The Bengals QB is in a grueling race with his body to be ready for the Chiefs on Sept 10.

lol! cursed

.. er..

I mean 'OH NOW WE HAVE NO CHANCE. THE BENGALS ARE GOING TO WIN BY 200.'

beer bacon
05-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Argh CARL. Gunther you so stooopid, you foot dragging porter!! Our 16th ranked defense sucks we got can't tackle Tiki! Lin Elliot flashback ****. We need Ty LAW :deevee:

Rain Man
05-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Wow. The SI curse is now moving forward. Now you're cursed even before you appear on the cover. Spooky.

BucEyedPea
05-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Well it is sports news...what a crappy thing to happen, after all those years in the basement to get CP playin' the way he did, only to go down within the first few games of the playoffs from an injury like that. I hope he makes it. But I don't think he'll be ready the first few games and don't think he should push it.
And if he can do it, then it gives me hope.

jlscorpio
05-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Maybe Sims/Siavii could actually sack him now...

ct
06-01-2006, 03:55 PM
football threads get a bump

ZootedGranny
06-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Regardless of whether or not Carson is healthy, the Bengals are getting rocked opening day.

recxjake
06-01-2006, 04:11 PM
I hope Tamba crushes both knees

Chiefaholic
06-01-2006, 04:13 PM
The defense will be out to prove a point on opening day at Arrowhead. palmer or not, I wouldn't want to be Cincinnati's QB that day.

The Red Sea
06-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Gak!...

Everytime I look at an SI cover in the last couple of yrs Alls I'm still reading & seeing is..

Chiefs Still Perfect Thru 8 Weeks!! =P

Of course now I'm sadly Seeing LJ & his in Da hood cover!

Curse real?
Of course it is real if it figures in what so ever with the out come of the subject matter.
I think in most cases the athlete prob gets ribs & what not from friends family & teamates in some cases.. So your on the cover?...etc.
Then when Game time comes they can hear this little voice saying...The Curse..The Curse..
& it tends to make them F up & the damn curse though not real in a magical sense does its job in keeping the Myth goin!

Cover athletes that dont F it up after being on the cover can more easily laugh at and stand up to the myth so it doesnt effect them game time it makes them a bit stronger & Grasp whatever perfect moment it was in sports history.

LOL

Y'all got that?

=P

Dave Lane
06-01-2006, 04:54 PM
I hope Tamba crushes both knees

You are a joy of a child. Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention as a child?

Dave