PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Barber was on my flight...

CoMoChief
05-25-2006, 09:56 PM
I was coming home from Chicago Midway International Airport this afternoon with my girlfriend. Somehow our flight was delayed because the plane's previous destination, Philly, was having some air traffic controlling problems throughout the entire airport, which caused our flight from Chicago to Kansas City to be delayed almost 3 hours. When my girlfriend and I walked down the isle I noticed this familiar face, I leaned towards my girlfriend and said I thought that was Shawn Barber but I didnt know. We sat down a few rows behind him and I noticed he had his cell phone on and I saw his wallpaper was a picture of #59 in the red n gold. What an ego I thought, jk. Anyways I asked him how the knee was and he said it was pretty good. During the flight I was wondering why he would be flying from Philly to KC. Are we gonna work him out again? Is he here to sell his house? Can anyone here guess why he would fly back here?

Frazod
05-25-2006, 09:59 PM
You were just talking to the guy. Why didn't you ask HIM?

CoMoChief
05-25-2006, 10:01 PM

I didnt want to be too nosey or anything. I'm not gonna be one of those guys. Im sure he was tired from being delayed for 3 hours and kinda looked like he didnt wanna chit chat I guess.

keg in kc
05-25-2006, 10:22 PM
He's under contract with the Eagles, that's all I know.

PastorMikH
05-25-2006, 10:24 PM
You should have just asked him. He's pretty much a has-been now. He'd probably enjoy a fan bugging him for a change.

Demonpenz
05-25-2006, 10:26 PM
you should have taught him how to tackle.

Halfcan
05-25-2006, 10:54 PM

Did you ask him why he was such a shitty tackler when he played for us??

Tig O Bittys
05-25-2006, 11:33 PM
I would thank him for ending rich gannons career

booger
05-26-2006, 12:24 AM
I was reading through the 810 sites archived interviews and I listened to one with Tong G. I thought he said someting about one of his FB camps coming up and local coaches and some of his current and former teamates attending. I think I remember barber being mentioned.

Just have to check for yourselves.

www.810whb.com

I think it was a fescoe and St. John interview

dj56dt58
05-26-2006, 12:27 AM
you should have taught him how to tackle.
I thought Barber was one of the few good tacklers we had during his tenure w/ the Chiefs. When he played with that broken wrist he still played well i thought...

Rausch
05-26-2006, 12:31 AM

Exactly.

You had an opportunity to float some info to the planet and went limp.

I've already bribed Morton Anderson with some 82 vintage to kick yer scrote 7 inches passed yer ass-opening an' hard enough to circle up yer' back and around yer ears...

SLAG
05-26-2006, 12:32 AM
I was reading through the 810 sites archived interviews and I listened to one with Tong G. I thought he said someting about one of his FB camps coming up and local coaches and some of his current and former teamates attending. I think I remember barber being mentioned.

Just have to check for yourselves.

www.810whb.com

I think it was a fescoe and St. John interview

The camp is not til june

Pitt Gorilla
05-26-2006, 12:42 AM
Get these mother f*@#ing snakes off my mother f*@#ing plane!!!one!1

blueballs
05-26-2006, 12:53 AM
or maybe you were
on Shawn Barber's flight
-what an ego-

Otter
05-26-2006, 01:11 AM
I'll give you credit for being able to pick out Shawn Barber.

StcChief
05-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Glad you let him be on the plane. Not even a Chief anymore.

Bugging him only helps give reasons for players avoid fans.

Skip Towne
05-26-2006, 07:33 AM
I wouldn't have recognized him. I wouldn't know him from Adam's off ox.

Fish
05-26-2006, 08:38 AM
I wouldn't have recognized him. I wouldn't know him from Adam's off ox.

Yeah no kidding.... if he had a helmet on, then I probably would have recognized him....

Was he still ripped?

SLAG
05-26-2006, 08:46 AM
did he start singing.... did you reconize him from this....

http://kcsp.entercomkc.com/audio/store/barberrap.mp3

CoMoChief
05-26-2006, 09:00 AM
At first I didnt know if it was him or not, but he had that squirrly looking smirk like he had in the team photo and I noticed that he had his cellphone wallpaper of himself playing in the red n gold #59, then I just asked him how his knee was. He wasnt as ripped as I thought he would be, but then again players look alot bigger in pads and a helmet too than in just regular street clothes.

Fish
05-26-2006, 09:34 AM
did he start singing.... did you reconize him from this....

http://kcsp.entercomkc.com/audio/store/barberrap.mp3

Slag.... that is the worst bit of audio I've ever tortured my ears with.... between Barber's rap and Rhonda's wheezy coughing.... I don't think my hearing will ever be the same....

SLAG
05-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Slag.... that is the worst bit of audio I've ever tortured my ears with.... between Barber's rap and Rhonda's wheezy coughing.... I don't think my hearing will ever be the same....

ROFL ROFL

I thought it was funny that Bo wanted a DA to send a Limo for him.

but all they were going to send as a broken down 94 hundai

Fish
05-26-2006, 09:47 AM
ROFL ROFL

I thought it was funny that Bo wanted a DA to send a Limo for him.

but all they were going to send as a broken down 94 hundai

Yeah I can imagine the look on his face when a junky 94 hundai pulls up in a cloud of black exhaust.....

And personally, I find Rhonda Moss terrifying.... if she confronted me in a dark alley, I would curl up in a fetal position and start weeping and singing "This little light of mine"........

dtebbe
05-26-2006, 12:03 PM
I suspect he just had a BBQ jones and was flying in for lunch

DT