PDA

View Full Version : I need advice....

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 08:05 AM
I ****ing hate him; I wish he would die a long drawn out excruciating death.

I need to know how to handle this dill weed. He is an intern that we had last summer, best friends with the owner’s youngest son and so now I have to deal with him again this summer. He is a pompous, arrogant, little prick that I picture strangling every few minutes. He just graduated college this May and he thinks the sun rises and sets with him. He is a little dwarf that wrestled and has the short man syndrome. He has never had to work for anything in his life and now he is trying to start shit with me. I need my job so therefore I can not act like a psycho person and just beat his ass, plus at some point in my life I need to learn how to handle things without get physical or belligerent. On the outside I try to appear sophisticated and intelligent, but deep down I am just a trashy redneck that gets her jolly’s off beating the shit out likes of such people, I need advice.

bishop_74
05-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Well your right, the sooner you can learn to deal wiht it, the better you will become. My methods are a little off for dealing with people like this. I try to get to know them and eventually become freinds with them... then when your opinion actaully matters to them, you can let them know how you and others feel and hopefully they take it to heart.

Also, it helps to think about all the nasty things you could do to them for about 24 hours before approaching them... to blow off some steam. :)

ROYC75
05-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Does he have a girlfriend ? If so, wiggle your magic on tape with him. Hang it over his head ...........

Or you could just just kiss and make up.

The solution with every problem begins with you, don't dwell in it.

ChiTown
05-26-2006, 08:13 AM
My advice:

Don't take any weapons to work and stay away from all unnecessary medication.

Seriously, avoid the twerp and don't give him the satisfaction of getting a rise from you. If you avoid him, he WILL move on to something else.

RedNFeisty
Well your right, the sooner you can learn to deal wiht it, the better you will become. My methods are a little off for dealing with people like this. I try to get to know them and eventually become freinds with them... then when your opinion actaully matters to them, you can let them know how you and others feel and hopefully they take it to heart.

Also, it helps to think about all the nasty things you could do to them for about 24 hours before approaching them... to blow off some steam. :)
I will never befriend this little prick. Thanks for the input though.

Phobia
He is a pompous, arrogant, little prick that I picture strangling every few minutes.

I know one of those guys. Nothing seems to work. You just have to wait for them to die and then you have a big giant party near their funeral.

Gaz
05-26-2006, 08:14 AM
...best friends with the owner’s youngest son and so now I have to deal with him again this summer...

You do not really have a choice, do you?

xoxo~
Gaz
Understands the therapeutic value of venting.

Iowanian
05-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Sounds to me like what you really mean, is that you'd like to have him over for a little sandwich action.

jspchief
05-26-2006, 08:16 AM
Sexual harrassment claim.

or antifreeze

Gaz
05-26-2006, 08:17 AM
Sounds to me like what you really mean, is that you'd like to have him over for a little sandwich action.

Okay, that was tacky and completely inappropriate.

But it was funny.

xoxo~
Gaz
Occasionally tacky and inappropriate.

Rain Man
05-26-2006, 08:19 AM
I don't know what kind of work you do, but if it's an office environment, it's always nice to have a paper trail of training memos that you provided to him, so that when he screws up, you can show that you tried to help him but he's unteachable.

Whether you actually give him the memos is up to you, of course.

keg in kc
05-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Oh, be nice to Iowanian.

Clint in Wichita
05-26-2006, 08:20 AM
We can give him the "Private Pyle" treatment.

Ski masks, towels, and bars of soap.

Radar Chief
05-26-2006, 08:21 AM
He is an “intern” right? I wouldn’t think it’d be too hard to come up with a bazillion menial tasks that’d keep’im out’a your sight. :shrug:
But if you wanna take it to the next level, all I have to say is; a tub of chicken livers, available at any grocery store, ferments naturally very rapidly and makes for an incredibly potent and persistent chemical weapon when used properly. :evil:

Iowanian
05-26-2006, 08:24 AM
That was wrong lawd, I appologize, and feed all them Starving Pygmies in New Guinea.

I'm sure the guy is a jerk as you described, but I do see a conflict in your statement. If he was a wrestler, especially in college, he has indeed worked for something.

Challenging a guy like that with an "I am Sheera, Princess of Greyskull, hear me ROAAAAAAAR" is probably not going to help.

I think your best approach is to swallow some ego, try to get along, and lead by example....demonstrating that you indeed know what you're doing and that he's going to have alot to learn. Over time, he'll probably mellow.

Iowanian
05-26-2006, 08:25 AM

Congratulations Red.

Apparently Clint is also up for the Sand-wich action...a little twisted...but who am I to judge.

Gaz
05-26-2006, 08:26 AM
I find “tacky and inappropriate Iowanian” far more interesting.

xoxo~
Gaz
Disappointed.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 08:32 AM
You do not really have a choice, do you?

xoxo~
Gaz
Understands the therapeutic value of venting.

NO I DO NOT!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Clint in Wichita
05-26-2006, 08:33 AM
I'm sure the guy is a jerk as you described, but I do see a conflict in your statement. If he was a wrestler, especially in college, he has indeed worked for something.

Let's not give him too much credit for being a wrestler. We all know most of those guys are gay. It's practically a requirement.

Special holds and unitards...might as well be a gerbil and a sundress.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 08:33 AM
I know one of those guys. Nothing seems to work. You just have to wait for them to die and then you have a big giant party near their funeral.

I want to be the one to cause his demise.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 08:34 AM

I think he is more your type.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 08:35 AM
My advice:

Don't take any weapons to work and stay away from all unnecessary medication.

Seriously, avoid the twerp and don't give him the satisfaction of getting a rise from you. If you avoid him, he WILL move on to something else.

We share an office and I have to work with him.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 08:38 AM
That was wrong lawd, I appologize, and feed all them Starving Pygmies in New Guinea.

Challenging a guy like that with an "I am Sheera, Princess of Greyskull, hear me ROAAAAAAAR" is probably not going to help.

I think your best approach is to swallow some ego, try to get along, and lead by example....demonstrating that you indeed know what you're doing and that he's going to have alot to learn. Over time, he'll probably mellow.

That was my approach last summer, it did not work. Now he thinks he can run me over with his mouth and attitude.

As for not working for anything, he has never had a real job until now and has no clue what it is like to work for a living.

Clint in Wichita
05-26-2006, 08:40 AM
You're going to make me look bad. Why would you need the advice of planeteers to handle a gay, rasslin' midget?

Let's just murder the one who sucks the penis.

"One who sucks the penis"? That's not what I typed.

A more appropriate edit would look like this: co_ksucker.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 08:46 AM
You're going to make me look bad. Why would you need the advice of planeteers to handle a gay, rasslin' midget?

Let's just murder the one who sucks the penis.

"One who sucks the penis"? That's not what I typed.

A more appropriate edit would look like this: co_ksucker.

I told Amanda to invite him to Shu's going away party!!

Phobia
05-26-2006, 08:48 AM
I think it's pretty inconsiderate of the owner/boss to put somebody in your office without any input from you. I like to think I would never do such a thing to somebody who works with me. Presuming that you've not had any perceived issues of "getting along" in the past, you can play the "he's negatively impacting my productivity" card.

stumppy
05-26-2006, 08:48 AM
I have a friend who has a friend who will guarentee 2 weeks in the hospital
for every $100.00 over the intial $300 (which includes your choice of what bones are broke).
Just sayin.

Rain Man
05-26-2006, 08:49 AM
I told Amanda to invite him to Shu's going away party!!

Shu's leaving? I didn't know about this. What happened?

Gonzo
05-26-2006, 08:52 AM
I used to deal with a prick like that. He will eventually hang himself. His type will say somthing insensitive and unprofessional soon. As soon as he does go to HR and file a complaint. In today's PC world, it won't take long to get rid of this guy.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 08:53 AM
I think it's pretty inconsiderate of the owner/boss to put somebody in your office without any input from you. I like to think I would never do such a thing to somebody who works with me. Presuming that you've not had any perceived issues of "getting along" in the past, you can play the "he's negatively impacting my productivity" card.
Oh, oh, that is the ****ing kicker. It was a running joke that we did not like each other last summer. The son of the owner would see and say things such as “I talked to your best buddy last night” or other shit similar. The owner himself cracked jokes about him coming, “Hey your best friend is coming back this summer!” They all know we do not like each other and do not get along.

Any boss that does this is a douchbag.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 08:53 AM
I have a friend who has a friend who will guarentee 2 weeks in the hospital
for every $100.00 over the intial $300 (which includes your choice of what bones are broke).
Just sayin.

Sweet!! I may just have to pm you about that!!

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Shu's leaving? I didn't know about this. What happened?

She took a job in Boston, I am so upset she is leaving us.

BTW, I am the Assistant Controller and this little guy thinks he is ****ing smarter coming out of college.

Inspector
05-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Try meditation with scented candles and relaxing tones in the background.

Enter the serene zone every day for at least 20 minutes a day.

Concentrate on your goals and desires while you transcend the levels of conscienceness. Let the options present themselves to your subconscience.

Continue this plan over the next several weeks. Listen to your inner voice while it provides you the details on how to carefully - and permanently - hide his corpse.

Good luck. Keep us posted how things go.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 08:55 AM
I used to deal with a prick like that. He will eventually hang himself. His type will say somthing insensitive and unprofessional soon. As soon as he does go to HR and file a complaint. In today's PC world, it won't take long to get rid of this guy.

I am also HR Assistant. However since little ****ers is the owner's house guess for the summer I would just look like a baby, sort of like I am now.

DJJasonp
05-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Does this person report to you???

If so, put him in charge of a "project doomed to fail"....set him up for failure....and he'll crawl back into his hole they came from.....once he's outed for the fraud that he is.

People like that need their humiliation out front in the open (and in a big way).

If he works with you on projects.....keep paper trail (or email) of all of your requests for help on certain tasks.....in the meantime, find a way to bog him down with a timekiller (Chiefsplanet???) that keeps him from finishing those tasks.....then, you have the paper trail to show that it's him that failed the project/task.

Radar Chief
05-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Let's not give him too much credit for being a wrestler. We all know most of those guys are gay. It's practically a requirement.

Special holds and unitards...might as well be a gerbil and a sundress.

You got beat up a lot by the “jocks”, didn’t ya?

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Does this person report to you???

If so, put him in charge of a "project doomed to fail"....set him up for failure....and he'll crawl back into his hole they came from.....once he's outed for the fraud that he is.

People like that need their humiliation out front in the open (and in a big way).

If he works with you on projects.....keep paper trail (or email) of all of your requests for help on certain tasks.....in the meantime, find a way to bog him down with a timekiller (Chiefsplanet???) that keeps him from finishing those tasks.....then, you have the paper trail to show that it's him that failed the project/task.

No, he reports to the Controller and CFO which are both licking his ass. You would think I was the intern and he was the full time employee. That is why I am so pissed off, partly.

Radar Chief
05-26-2006, 09:06 AM
That was my approach last summer, it did not work. Now he thinks he can run me over with his mouth and attitude.

As for not working for anything, he has never had a real job until now and has no clue what it is like to work for a living.

Then it sounds like it’s your duty to educate’im.
He’s your intern, right? C’mon, take charge, own it!

Rain Man
05-26-2006, 09:07 AM
She took a job in Boston, I am so upset she is leaving us.

Is she pursuing her dream of becoming an investment banker, or is she really just running away from her fear of intimacy, given how her romance is heating up with Ahmed, the handsome sheikh who is torn between his desires for progressive reform and his family's demands that he participate in jihad?

(Man, once you miss an episode, it takes forever to get caught back up.)

KCFalcon59
05-26-2006, 09:07 AM

You can invite him to dinner and kill him with a cast iron skillet, then feed him to all your friends.

DJJasonp
05-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Since he has such an "in" with the higher ups....

Your only option may be to hit the higher ups with what really matters....come up with a way to either make the company a lot more money....or save a ton of money......

This will get you back in the spotlight (and for the right reasons).

keg in kc
05-26-2006, 09:13 AM
You could always try an alternative approach, and sleep with him for a promotion.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Since he has such an "in" with the higher ups....

Your only option may be to hit the higher ups with what really matters....come up with a way to either make the company a lot more money....or save a ton of money......

This will get you back in the spotlight (and for the right reasons).

I do not need the spot light, I just need to be left alone. He knows he can say what he wants and there is nothing I can do about it.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 09:15 AM
You could always try an alternative approach, and sleep with him for a promotion.

Would you mind doing that for me!?!?!

keg in kc
05-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Would you mind doing that for me!?!?!Why, yes, I would mind. I'd mind a lot.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Is she pursuing her dream of becoming an investment banker, or is she really just running away from her fear of intimacy, given how her romance is heating up with Ahmed, the handsome sheikh who is torn between his desires for progressive reform and his family's demands that he participate in jihad?

(Man, once you miss an episode, it takes forever to get caught back up.)

ROFL

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Why, yes, I would mind. I'd mind a lot.

Come on, I am sure you are more his type!!

keg in kc
05-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Come on, I am sure you are more his type!!I'm nobody's type. And definitely no dude's type. No ma'am.

Clint in Wichita
05-26-2006, 09:24 AM
http://www.outsports.com/local/2002/0304wrestle.htm

keg in kc
05-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Clint, we know you're proud of your private pron stash, but, please, no more sharing with the class.

Clint in Wichita
05-26-2006, 09:26 AM
He'd be on a plane to Sydney ASAP if he saw that site.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Anyone have any idea's for a funny but very mean pratical joke I could play on him!?!??!

luv
05-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Is there any thing he's done to harrass you? You could report it. Legally, they can't ignore something like that. 1) You would have to have proof of harrassment. 2) That might put you into quite a negative spotlight with your employer.

Clint in Wichita
05-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Anyone have any idea's for a funny but very mean pratical joke I could play on him!?!??!

Send a letter from him to an inmate in the Eldorado Correctional Facility, stating how he has a bad boy fetish and a strong desire for man-meat in his cornhole.

He'd probably receive everything from diry letters to dirty underwear. Make sure to include his current address and phone number.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 09:35 AM
He'd be on a plane to Sydney ASAP if he saw that site.

ROFL

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Is there any thing he's done to harrass you? You could report it. Legally, they can't ignore something like that. 1) You would have to have proof of harrassment. 2) That might put you into quite a negative spotlight with your employer.

Nah, he just gets his little digs in and I dig back. He mainly talks about me to his friend and it gets back to me.

Radar Chief
05-26-2006, 09:36 AM

Not that I’m say’n this is what you should do, but here’s the proper method for chicken liver nerve gas.
Get a tub of chicken livers and let it set outside, not necessarily in the sun, to ferment. After a couple of days the lid will blow off, that’s tell’n ya they’re ready. Warning: don’t get any of that chit on your hands, it’s a stink you can’t scrub off. Only handle with gloves and do not under any circumstances breath any of the fumes.
Dispersion method, ya know that vent grill in front of the windshield on almost every car out there? Take the contents of the now fermented livers tub, they will have become to a bubbling liquid by this time, dump it in that vent and every time that person fires up the heater or a/c, they’ll think of you. ;)

This is a pretty cold “practical joke” though. He’d have to sell’is car since it’s a stink you can’t get rid of and it’ll literally pull the vomit from one’s stomach. Use as last resort.

Predarat
05-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Like others have said, he will probably hang himself anyways. Or get promoted and be your boss in a year or two. I like the antifreeze idea mentioned above but I doubt putting it in a bowl will work. He sounds like the kind of guy that likes fru fru drinks so put it in a glass and tell him its a melon ball.
http://www.ajinavi.com/cocktail/midori_images/melonBall.jpg

alanm
05-26-2006, 09:37 AM
God, Grant me the serenity, To accept the things I can not change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.
:)

keg in kc
05-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Tell him you used to be a man, and that you understand what he's going through.

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Not that I’m say’n this is what you should do, but here’s the proper method for chicken liver nerve gas.
Get a tub of chicken livers and let it set outside, not necessarily in the sun, to ferment. After a couple of days the lid will blow off, that’s tell’n ya they’re ready. Warning: don’t get any of that chit on your hands, it’s a stink you can’t scrub off. Only handle with gloves and do not under any circumstances breath any of the fumes.
Dispersion method, ya know that vent grill in front of the windshield on almost every car out there? Take the contents of the now fermented livers tub, they will have become to a bubbling liquid by this time, dump it in that vent and every time that person fires up the heater or a/c, they’ll think of you. ;)

This is a pretty cold “practical joke” though. He’d have to sell’is car since it’s a stink you can’t get rid of and it’ll literally pull the vomit from one’s stomach. Use as last resort.

Last resort hell, I love it!!

RedNFeisty
05-26-2006, 09:42 AM
God, Grant me the serenity, To accept the things I can not change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.
:)

It is not working!

Inspector
05-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Access the man/boy love website from his computer. Download some porn - preferably nekkid pictures of young boys.

Do these things when he's not around.