PDA

View Full Version : The Official Chiefsplanet 1 hit wonder rememberence thread

Mr. Flopnuts
05-27-2006, 06:39 AM
I found an obscure song I used to love 10 years ago. It got me thinkin, I wonder how many people can actually remember old songs from 1 hit wonder bands in yesteryear. I'll start it off.

Dynamite Hack- Boyz in the Hood

Edit: I posted this here because I figured more people would see it and would find it interesting. Not many frequent other forums. Mods use your discretion if you'd rather it be in Musicplanet.

KC Jones
05-27-2006, 06:44 AM
Edit: I posted this here because I figured more people would see it and would find it interesting. Not many frequent other forums. Mods use your discretion if you'd rather it be in Musicplanet.

MusicPlanet is among the stupider ideas we've had around here. Anything (other than politics) that's of a social nature should be fine in the lounge.

Calcountry
05-27-2006, 11:37 AM
boy that thread bombed, lol.

hypersensitiveZO6
05-27-2006, 11:42 AM
I found an obscure song I used to love 10 years ago. It got me thinkin, I wonder how many people can actually remember old songs from 1 hit wonder bands in yesteryear. I'll start it off.

"I reached back like a pimp and I SLAPPED THE HO!"

Great Song.

chefsos
05-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Nolan Ryan was a one-hit wonder. 12 times.

I figured I'd say that before Skip did.

Calcountry
05-27-2006, 11:51 AM
"I reached back like a pimp and I SLAPPED THE HO!"

Great Song.Even better way with which to conduct oneself in relationships.

greg63
05-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Please, no one mention Billy Ray. :shake:

Bacon Cheeseburger
05-27-2006, 11:54 AM
You had to do it, didn't you? %(/

hypersensitiveZO6
05-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Even better way with which to conduct oneself in relationships.

That song changed many white people's lifes forever.

:whip:

hypersensitiveZO6
05-27-2006, 11:58 AM

:cuss:

cdcox
05-27-2006, 12:02 PM

chefsos
05-27-2006, 12:04 PM
OK, buddy. Not a word.

Nope. Not me.

http://www.fortunecity.co.uk/southbank/pottery/3/billy2.JPG

ck_IN
05-27-2006, 01:20 PM
How about 'Come on Eileen' from Dexley's Midnight Runners?

They had a completely different sound but it didn't seem to catch on.

milkman
05-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Eric Hicks

Reaper16
Dynamite Hack are hacks. The novelty of that cover wore off for me real fast. The original, by the late Easy-E, is infintely better. Funnier, too, in it's raw form.

Reaper16
Eric Hicks
ROFL

Skip Towne
05-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Johnny Angel by Shelly Fabres. She is better known as Christine Armstrong on "Coach". She played the wife/gf of Coach Fox.

Bacon Cheeseburger
05-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Johnny Angel by Shelly Fabres. She is better known as Christine Armstrong on "Coach". She played the wife/gf of Coach Fox.
Damn she used to irritate the hell out of me. She never let Hayden have any fun and was always making him do the right thing. Pretty hot though.

Count Zarth
05-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Coldplay - Clocks

Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All

I don't like any other song either of those two bands have created.

Calcountry
05-27-2006, 03:42 PM
That song changed many white people's lifes forever.

:whip:You mean "lives", right?

ENDelt260
05-27-2006, 03:45 PM
That Dynamite Hack song came out ten years ago? Holy shit. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

ENDelt260
05-27-2006, 03:46 PM
ok I'm not insane.

Biography by Steve Huey

The quirky post-grunge quartet Dynamite Hack was formed in Austin, TX, in 1997, taking their name from a line in the film Caddyshack. Vocalist/guitarist Mark Morris, vocalist/bassist Chad Robinson, guitarist Mike Vlahakis, and drummer Chase Scott took their cues from bands like Weezer, Pavement, Jawbreaker, and the Barenaked Ladies. The latter influence was especially apparent on Dynamite Hack's acoustic folk-rock cover of N.W.A.'s "Boyz 'N tha Hood," which became a local radio hit in the Austin/Dallas area in 1999. In its wake, the group recorded a full-length album, titled Superfast, which was released locally in January 2000 and remixed for national distribution by Universal that summer.

ENDelt260
05-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Who was the band that covered smooth criminal?

ENDelt260
05-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Alien Ant Farm

That video kicked ass

Reaper16
05-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Who was the band that covered smooth criminal?
Alien Ant Farm, and the rest of that album was pretty good. I've always appreciated that they named thier first album "Greatest Hits"

Demonpenz
05-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Tom sawyer-rush

JBucc
05-27-2006, 03:52 PM
I actually bought that album and have since lost it along with several other's. I really didn't like it though.

J Diddy
05-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Coldplay - Clocks

I don't know how to tell you this but Air Supply, regardless of how much you like their other songs, was not a 1 hit wonder.

ENDelt260
05-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Unfortunately, neither was coldplay.

Count Zarth
05-27-2006, 03:56 PM
They are to me. And that's all that matters.

J Diddy
05-27-2006, 04:08 PM
They are to me. And that's all that matters.

anyway to your parents, grandparents and your boyfriend

:)

burt
05-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Coldplay - Clocks

Coldplay has several hits, and so did Air Supply...they are NOT true 1 hit wonders....

burt
05-27-2006, 04:38 PM
"What about Me"..by Moving Pictures....."Brandy"..by Looking Glass

Tribal Warfare
05-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Drives Me Crazy- Fine Young Cannibals

Relax- Frankie Goes To Hollywood

Popular- Nadasurf

I'm a Baller- Too Short

I Swear -All4one

Reaper16
05-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Fastball - "The Way" (or did they have other moderate radio sucesses? I don't remember)

2bikemike
05-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider

burt
05-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Fastball - "The Way" (or did they have other moderate radio sucesses? I don't remember)

Fastball was truly a 1 hit wonder. A true diddy about the death of one of the groups grand parents....nice song, kinda morbid....

Calcountry
05-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Lunatic Fringe by Red RiderDude, I haven't seen a post from you in like DAAYYYYS. Where have you been?

2bikemike
05-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Dude, I haven't seen a post from you in like DAAYYYYS. Where have you been?

I spent several months starting up a new power plant. Worked 70-80 hour weeks for about a year. We finished up in the end of March.
I have poked around here and there. Haven't found a lot to jump in and bitch about yet. I pretty much missed all of the football season.

burt
05-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider

A great tune...on the "Vision Quest" soundtrack....still gives me goose bumps..

Ebolapox
05-27-2006, 05:20 PM
fastball had a few other minor hits, but nothing close to 'the way'...'out of my head' was also a decent fastball song

and COME ON, tribal... too $hort is NOT a one hit wonder (come on, delt, where are you to defend too short?!?)

ENDelt260
05-27-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm a Baller- Too Short

You're an idiot.

ENDelt260
05-27-2006, 05:24 PM
(come on, delt, where are you to defend too short?!?)

Sorry I was late.

Calcountry
05-27-2006, 05:27 PM
I spent several months starting up a new power plant. Worked 70-80 hour weeks for about a year. We finished up in the end of March.
I have poked around here and there. Haven't found a lot to jump in and bitch about yet. I pretty much missed all of the football season.Thanks for the help on the power grid dude, those rolling black outs were really getting to be a bitch.

2bikemike
05-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the help on the power grid dude, those rolling black outs were really getting to be a bitch.

No problem. We added about 600 MW and we're looking into taking over a project for another 550 MW that would start construction in November.
My wife says if I take on that project she is quitting her job.

Calcountry
05-27-2006, 05:37 PM
No problem. We added about 600 MW and we're looking into taking over a project for another 550 MW that would start construction in November.
My wife says if I take on that project she is quitting her job.What will she do with all that free time? :hmmm:

4th and Long
05-27-2006, 05:50 PM
“Black Velvet” - Alannah Myles (1990)

Canadian Alannah Myles burst onto the scene in 1989 with her sultry and bluesy song that made men around the world swoon. This song was a number one hit in the States in 1990 and took over the airwaves for months on end before it and her career disappeared into the spring night. She even won a Grammy that year for “Best Rock Female Performance.” At least she has something to show for it.

burt
05-27-2006, 06:00 PM

Canadian Alannah Myles burst onto the scene in 1989 with her sultry and bluesy song that made men around the world swoon. This song was a number one hit in the States in 1990 and took over the airwaves for months on end before it and her career disappeared into the spring night. She even won a Grammy that year for “Best Rock Female Performance.” At least she has something to show for it.

Great pick....

Nzoner
05-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Hocus Pocus-Focus
Children Of The Sun-Billy Thorpe
Raise A Little Hell-Trooper
Fantasy-Aldo Nova

4th and Long
05-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Rossington-Collins Band - Don't Misunderstand Me - 1980 (VanZant rolled over in his grave when he heard this)
Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy - 1982 (That chick had one funky hair cut)
Toni Basil - Mickey - 1982 (Argh!)
Martin Briley - The Salt In My Tears - 1983 (The video was as bad as the song)
Peter Schilling - Major Tom - 1983 (I'm thinking David Bowie threatened to whip this guy's ass if he tried that again)
Georgia Satellites - Keep Your Hands to Yourself - 1986 (The most overplayed one hit wonder of the modern era)
Patrick Swayze & Wendy Fraser - She's Like the Wind - 1987 (Swayze - can't act, can't sing either)

Tom Cochrane - Life is a Highway - 1992 (I wanna hate this song ... all night long)
Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy - 1992 (Thank God)
Tag Team - Whoomp ... There It Is - 1993 (Again, thank God)
Primitive Radio Gods - Standing Outside A Boken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand - 1996 (What a name for a song!)

2bikemike
05-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Hocus Pocus-Focus
Children Of The Sun-Billy Thorpe
Raise A Little Hell-Trooper
Fantasy-Aldo Nova

Good choices.

4th and Long
05-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Fantasy-Aldo Nova
Aldo Nova RULES!

Tribal Warfare
05-27-2006, 06:45 PM
You're an idiot.

:rockon: Sweet :rockon:

Nzoner
05-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Good choices.

I'm in charge of the music for our high school reunion this Summer so I've been buried in one hit wonders this last week.Having a great time doing it though.

btw,good to see you again.

FAX
05-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Would "Nothing Compares 2U" (Sinead O'Connor) qualify as a 1 hit wonder, I wonder?

If so, I vote for that.

FAX

Logical
05-27-2006, 06:51 PM
MusicPlanet is among the stupider ideas we've had around here. Anything (other than politics) that's of a social nature should be fine in the lounge.

Yup, I believe all the subforums are killing the Planet. Anybody that was here two to three years ago will tell you there was more real traffic and posting by the vets was way higher than it is today. Don't give me that offseason bullshit, that is exactly what I am referring to when I write this, of course traffic is better in season.

FAX
05-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Yup, I believe all the subforums are killing the Planet. Anybody that was here two to three years ago will tell you there was more real traffic and posting by the vets was way higher than it is today. Don't give me that offseason bullshit, that is exactly what I am referring to when I write this, of course traffic is better in season.

I pretty much agree with that, Mr. Logical. Except for the DC forum.

That place is kinda nutty.

FAX

4th and Long
05-27-2006, 06:56 PM

FAX
Yup.

Logical
05-27-2006, 06:59 PM

FAX
Though I can see your point about DC as it is today, the threads when they were in the main forum were far more interesting due to the variety of posters involved. I agreed that it should be separated in the months directly preceding a major US election because that can dominate the front page, but the intervening 18 months from say January 2005 to June 2006 it should be merged back into the main Lounge to allow diversity of posters which would make it more interesting and less stilted.

Skip Towne
05-27-2006, 07:00 PM
All the Royals crap that is constantly on the front page isn't helping anything. There were four threads on the front page today. I see that shit and just boogie on over to my other boards. F*ck the Royals.

Nzoner
05-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Meanwhile back on topic ;)

Anyone remember these

Ah Leah-Donnie Iris
Let's Go All The Way-Sly Fox
This Beat Goes On/Switchin' To Glide-The Kings
Saulsalito Summer Night-Diesel
Driver's Seat-Sniff & The Tears

Logical
05-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Meanwhile back on topic ;)

Anyone remember these

Ah Leah-Donnie Iris
Let's Go All The Way-Sly Fox
This Beat Goes On/Switchin' To Glide-The Kings
Saulsalito Summer Night-Diesel
Driver's Seat-Sniff & The TearsI have heard of the one by Sly Fox but not the others.

FAX
05-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Though I can see your point about DC as it is today, the threads when they were in the main forum were far more interesting due to the variety of posters involved. I agreed that it should be separated in the months directly preceding a major US election because that can dominate the front page, but the intervening 18 months from say January 2005 to June 2006 it should be merged back into the main Lounge to allow diversity of posters which would make it more interesting and less stilted.

I understand your point, Mr. Logical. And, it's a good one.

And, although I am not one whose opinion should be considered in any Planet matters whatsoever, I have to say that it would be interesting to see what would happen if the mods decided to do away with DC for a trial period to see what overall effect it would have on the main forum.

I know that I rarely post there because the hated and mutual reviling are almost palpable. It is often an extremely unpleasant place. Perhaps you're right. Maybe political subjects would be less strident and more interesting if those threads were posted here.

FAX

FAX
05-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Who did the original song, "My Maria"? Not the cover by Brooks and Dunn. Was he a one hit guy?

I loved that song.

FAX

Skip Towne
05-27-2006, 07:13 PM
I understand your point, Mr. Logical. And, it's a good one.

And, although I am not one whose opinion should be considered in any Planet matters whatsoever, I have to say that it would be interesting to see what would happen if the mods decided to do away with DC for a trial period to see what overall effect it would have on the main forum.

FAX
You weren't here when it was that way were you? It was horrible.

Nzoner
05-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Who did the original song, "My Maria"? Not the cover by Brooks and Dunn. Was he a one hit guy?

I loved that song.

FAX

Off the top of my head I'm going to say a guy named B.W. Stevenson,now I'm going to look I up

FAX
05-27-2006, 07:17 PM
You weren't here when it was that way were you? It was horrible.

I don't remember, frankly, Mr. Skip Towne. I think that DC may have been created during one of my hiatuseses. I'm not certain, though.

FAX

FAX
05-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Off the top of my head I'm going to say a guy named B.W. Stevenson,now I'm going to look I up

Actually, I think you're right, Mr. Nzoner 338.

If he was a one hit guy, then I'm changing my vote to "My Maria" ... best one hit wonder song ever. Hands down. No question. Done deal.

FAX

Skip Towne
05-27-2006, 07:20 PM
I don't remember, frankly, Mr. Skip Towne. I think that DC may have been created during one of my hiatuseses. I'm not certain, though.

FAX
The best reason to keep DC where it is is that Meme rarely comes here any more.

Nzoner
05-27-2006, 07:20 PM

I loved that song.

FAX

It was BW Stevenson,however,upon looking it up I found he also hit the pop charts #66 with Shambala.I've heard a song titled that but it was by Three Dog Night

Logical
05-27-2006, 07:21 PM
You weren't here when it was that way were you? It was horrible.Skip it was only horrible during the 4 months preceding and 1 month after the election. Even back during the 2000 Gore-Bush debacle. There sure was some lively debate during that though and if we could resurrect those threads I would bet you that almost all of the posters were participating. Hell even Gaz was participating.

By the way where has the great Gaz gone? I have not seen him post in quite a while. Was he even on during the draft?

Logical
05-27-2006, 07:22 PM
The best reason to keep DC where it is is that Meme rarely comes here any more.Yep, posters like QuikSurfer and Chiefs4me are such an improvement on DEnise.

FAX
05-27-2006, 07:26 PM
It was BW Stevenson,however,upon looking it up I found he also hit the pop charts #66 with Shambala.I've heard a song titled that but it was by Three Dog Night

That is some outstanding music trivia right there, Mr. Nzoner 338.

I imagine that Shambala was a cover by 3 Dog Night. They did lots of covers, obviously. Anyway, I'm going to pretend that BW was a one hit guy and stick with "My Maria" for my vote.

FAX

Logical
05-27-2006, 07:32 PM
I am voting for Monty Python's

Always look on the bright side of life

Though they were big on TV and film this was there only song to hit the charts. Topped out at #3 so I don't know if we are counting songs that never make it to number 1. I just know that it was a really catchy little song.

Nzoner
05-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Not to sound rude but why the hell are you guys voting,I thought the thread was about remembering as many as we could.

Logical
05-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Not to sound rude but why the hell are you guys voting,I thought the thread was about remembering as many as we could.Just an expression, I thought the thread was about our favorites. I will now humbly re-read the thread post.

FAX
05-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Not to sound rude but why the hell are you guys voting,I thought the thread was about remembering as many as we could.

I'm voting because I'm really stupid, Mr. Nzoner 338, and didn't read the starter carefully.

I have no idea why those other guys are voting.

FAX

Logical
05-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Just an expression, I thought the thread was about our favorites. I will now humbly re-read the thread post.

Mr Nzoner,

My most humble apologies, I should have read the thread post more completely, clearly you are correct.

SCTrojan
05-27-2006, 07:39 PM
The ultimate one-hit wonder in my mind would be My Sharona by The Knack.

Nzoner
05-27-2006, 07:41 PM
The ultimate one-hit wonder in my mind would be My Sharona by The Knack.

Sorry,The Knack was not a 1 hit wonder they had at least two others,one being Good Girls Don't.

Nzoner
05-27-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm voting because I'm really stupid, Mr. Nzoner 338, and didn't read the starter carefully.

I have no idea why those other guys are voting.

FAX

I'm sure you were just caught up in your good news Mr Fax and rightfully
so because you are far from stupid

Skip Towne
05-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Skip it was only horrible during the 4 months preceding and 1 month after the election. Even back during the 2000 Gore-Bush debacle. There sure was some lively debate during that though and if we could resurrect those threads I would bet you that almost all of the posters were participating. Hell even Gaz was participating.

By the way where has the great Gaz gone? I have not seen him post in quite a while. Was he even on during the draft?
Jim, those threads are all the same. Yes it is, No it isn't. You're a dumbass, no, you're a dumbass. There is an axiom in business that there are three topics you don't talk about with customers: Race, Politics and Religion. There is no right or wrong answer to those topics and it is just one continuous argument. And it is the same dipshits that go to DC now that did all the arguing before. I remember you being against the DC forum and you cited split forums for bringing down the Pig Pen even though you had no evidence that it did. DC is the best thing Phobia ever did.

Logical
05-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Well now that I know it just remembering, how about

Chocolate Salty Balls by Isaac Hayes (as Chef)?

greg63
05-27-2006, 11:00 PM
OK, buddy. Not a word.

Nope. Not me.

http://www.fortunecity.co.uk/southbank/pottery/3/billy2.JPG

Thank you! I am in deed indebted.

burt
05-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Thank you! I am in deed indebted.

Sorry Greg, but WTF????

burt
05-27-2006, 11:18 PM
99 red Balloons, by Nina
It ain't no big thing, by Leta Ford
The Night Chicago Died, By Paper Lace
the Night the lights went out in Georgia, by Vickie Lawrence

Does ANYONE else remember "Romeo's Tune" by Steve Forbert?

DomerNKC
05-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Dream Weaver- Gary Wright
and yes dale, i do.

DomerNKC
05-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Blinded by the light - Manfred Manns Earth Band
Puttin on the Ritz - Taco
Sunglasses at night - Corey Hart
Heart and Soul - Tpau
Futures so bright i gotta wear shades - Timbuck3
Obsession - Animotion
Take on me - A Ha

DomerNKC
05-28-2006, 12:29 AM
GoChiefs - i will rate your " " threads

Logical
05-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Dream Weaver- Gary Wright
and yes dale, i do.Gary Wright is not a one hit wonder. He had several hits including, Love is Alive and I Really Want to Know You. Love is Alive has been covered several times. He had 7 solo albums and 8 albums with his band Spooky Tooth.

DomerNKC
05-28-2006, 12:53 AM
Gary Wright is not a one hit wonder. He had several hits including, Love is Alive and I Really Want to Know You. Love is Alive has been covered several times. He had 7 solo albums and 8 albums with his band Spooky Tooth.I probably got that confused with Dennis Weaver - Frank Lloyd Wright

DomerNKC
05-28-2006, 01:00 AM
there are quite a few here though...One-hit wonder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-hit_wonder)

DomerNKC
05-28-2006, 01:27 AM
there are quite a few here though...One-hit wonder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-hit_wonder)be careful though. you may end up spending several hours here.

ENDelt260
05-28-2006, 05:39 AM
Lita Ford is a one hit wonder?

Tribal Warfare
05-28-2006, 05:59 AM

The only sub-forum I like is DraftPlanet, because then I won't hear bitching when the Chiefs are in mid-season, and another is those particular threads always gets pushed down. I concur that MusicPlanet shouldn't even exsist.

greg63
05-28-2006, 06:49 AM
Sorry Greg, but WTF????

I was thanking chefsos for NOT mentioning Billy Ray....

Baby Lee
05-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Pack my bags and mount my horse, I'm gonna on into the next town
Spend my money on absolutely nothing, don't need a man to pay for anything.

burt
05-28-2006, 08:51 AM
I was thanking chefsos for NOT mentioning Billy Ray....

Well, thank you for that..... :)

Mr. Flopnuts
05-28-2006, 08:52 AM
You guys are a lot better at this than I am. Here's some more.

Better than Ezra- Good
Bloodhound Gang- The Bad Touch (They have many more good tunes just not any with radio play)
John Parr- St. Elmos Fire
Candlebox- Far Behind
The Cranberries- Linger

burt
05-28-2006, 08:52 AM
Pack my bags and mount my horse, I'm gonna on into the next town
Spend my money on absolutely nothing, don't need a man to pay for anything.

How much do you charge for that??????

burt
05-28-2006, 08:54 AM
there are quite a few here though...One-hit wonder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-hit_wonder)

This is cheating......if ya can't remember them off the top of your head....tsk, tsk tsk.....

burt
05-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Okay...I cheated...

Norman Greenbaum ....Spirit in the Sky
Mungo Jerry.... In the Summertime
Soft Cell .........Tainted Love
Baltimora .........Tarzan Boy
Mountain ............. Mississippi Queen

Sully
05-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Lita Ford is a one hit wonder?

No.

ENDelt260
05-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Bloodhound Gang- The Bad Touch (They have many more good tunes just not any with radio play)

Fire, Water, Burn got more radio play years before.

milkman
05-28-2006, 11:23 AM
To Sir, With Love.

Did the girl who sang that ever have another hit?

Demonpenz
05-28-2006, 11:29 AM
there were like 3 songs played this weekend by better than ezera on 96.5 the lead singer looks like brian crackow from mscl

Nzoner
05-28-2006, 11:49 AM

Actually Parr had a hit with the song Naughty Naughty as well.

DaneMcCloud
05-28-2006, 12:46 PM

Better than Ezra- Good
Candlebox- Far Behind
The Cranberries- Linger

Candlebox sold over 4 million copies of their debut record and more than 2 million of their followup. That's definitely NOT a one hit wonder.

hypersensitiveZO6
05-28-2006, 12:49 PM
You mean "lives", right?

thanks. :holdman:

DomerNKC
05-28-2006, 01:07 PM

Better than Ezra- Good
Candlebox- Far Behind
The Cranberries- Lingerdid you forget "zombie" by the cranberries?

greg63
05-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Well, thank you for that..... :)

:thumb:

Simply Red
05-28-2006, 02:01 PM

"Speedo" THE CADILLACS.

from Goodfellows.

ENDelt260
05-28-2006, 02:14 PM
there were like 3 songs played this weekend by better than ezera on 96.5 the lead singer looks like brian crackow from mscl
Haha... they played Rolla on their downward slide. They were the St. Pat's concert when I was on Court in 2000. Two weeks later they were doing a free show in Padre while I was there.

ENDelt260
05-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Upon further review... Flopnuts' list is crap from top to bottom.

burt
05-28-2006, 10:01 PM
No.

sorry, 2 hit wonder.......

plbrdude
05-29-2006, 08:35 AM
tainted love-----soft cell
jenny,jenny----tommy twotone
d.o.a.--------bloodrock

2bikemike
05-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Okay...I cheated...

Norman Greenbaum ....Spirit in the Sky
Mungo Jerry.... In the Summertime
Soft Cell .........Tainted Love
Baltimora .........Tarzan Boy
Mountain ............. Mississippi Queen

I am not so sure I would call Mountain a 1 hit wonder. I have the super hits album and its actually pretty good. Mississippi Queen is definately there biggest hit. But I think Yasgurs Farm and Nantuckett Sleigh Ride were pretty good as well.

CoMoChief
05-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Perhaps one of the greatest 80's songs of all time if not the greatest...

"Kyrie" by Mr. Mister

mc80
05-29-2006, 11:13 AM

First time poster here, and this is an interesting thread. "Black Velvet" is a great choice, along with "My Maria" and quite a few others.

It was before my time so I don't know if this qualifies, but one of my all-time favorites was "In A Gadda Da Vida" by Iron Butterfly.

mc80
05-29-2006, 11:18 AM
I am not so sure I would call Mountain a 1 hit wonder. I have the super hits album and its actually pretty good. Mississippi Queen is definately there biggest hit. But I think Yasgurs Farm and Nantuckett Sleigh Ride were pretty good as well.

I agree with that. I'd also like to throw in "Theme From an Imaginary Western".

Sully
05-29-2006, 11:45 AM
sorry, 2 hit wonder.......

I guess that'd be more accurate. But I don't know if we are counting people's time with other projects, ie The Runaways.

Psyko Tek
05-29-2006, 04:35 PM
How about 'Come on Eileen' from Dexley's Midnight Runners?

They had a completely different sound but it didn't seem to catch on.

I was dating a girl named eileen when that was hot....

good times

DJay23
05-29-2006, 05:30 PM
I was dating a girl named eileen when that was hot....

good times
I dated a girl whose middle name is Eileen. She loved the song.

It was nice to live out the title of the song too.

patteeu
05-29-2006, 05:48 PM
A Million Miles Away - The Plimsouls
Turning Japanese - The Vapors
Detachable Penis - King Missile
We're The Kids In America - Kim Wilde
Beds Are Burning - Midnight Oil
What I Like About You - The Romantics
Never Say Never - Romeo Void
Right Now - SR71
500 Miles - The Proclaimers
867-5309 (Jenny) - Tommy Tutone
Every Step Of The Way - Steve Walsh

I'm not sure if all of these are 1 hit wonders but I don't think many of them had multiple radio hits. I think The Romantics probably did, but I don't remember them.

Kraut
05-30-2006, 05:02 AM
A Million Miles Away - The Plimsouls
Turning Japanese - The Vapors
Detachable Penis - King Missile
We're The Kids In America - Kim Wilde
Beds Are Burning - Midnight Oil
What I Like About You - The Romantics
Never Say Never - Romeo Void
Right Now - SR71
500 Miles - The Proclaimers
867-5309 (Jenny) - Tommy Tutone
Every Step Of The Way - Steve Walsh

I'm not sure if all of these are 1 hit wonders but I don't think many of them had multiple radio hits. I think The Romantics probably did, but I don't remember them.
Actually, the Romantics had another hit in the early to mid 80s. I think it was called "Talking in your Sleep" Not that it really matters... :p