PDA

View Full Version : 50 worst beers

Demonpenz
05-27-2006, 05:50 PM
http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/TheWorstBeers.asp

Monkeylook4food
05-27-2006, 05:58 PM
No "worst beer" list is complete without Miller Lite.

NJ Chief Fan
05-27-2006, 06:03 PM
weres meister brau, coors light, guiness, anything keystone? THIS LIST IS WEAK and no shit a non alcoholic beer is gonna be #1 THIS LIST TEH SUCKS

cdcox
05-27-2006, 06:05 PM
weres meister brau, coors light, guiness, anything keystone? THIS LIST IS WEAK and no shit a non alcoholic beer is gonna be #1 THIS LIST TEH SUCKS

In one word, you lost all credibility. Maybe you don't prefer the style, but it is a world classic for a reason.

Earthling
05-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Have to be Shiners Beer....Taste isn't so bad but it will give you the runs shortly if you consume more that a few.

NJ Chief Fan
05-27-2006, 06:11 PM
beer n coffee dont mix...are they tryin to sober you up

J Diddy
05-27-2006, 07:31 PM
did you check out the best list?

I haven't heard of half of these.

I think I'm just sheltered.

Spicy McHaggis
05-27-2006, 07:37 PM
In one word, you lost all credibility. Maybe you don't prefer the style, but it is a world classic for a reason.

Amen.

And one should stay away from any beer with the word "Ice" in it. Unless you're really broke and want to get really drunk and even then I wouldn't advise it.

Bwana
05-27-2006, 07:39 PM

Guiness is good beer tool. :shake:

DMAC
05-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Amen.

And one should stay away from any beer with the word "Ice" in it. Unless you're really broke and want to get really drunk and even then I wouldn't advise it.
ICE got me through High School, that's what it is for. Same with the Natty.

Actually, Nat Light is pretty good in a keg...really!

Nzoner
05-27-2006, 07:44 PM
The list is missing Goetz beer,ugh I got ill just thinking about it.

FAX
05-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Guiness is good beer tool. :shake:

Couldn't find it anywhere on the "best" lists, though. They had Bosco's ale (several iterations) on the best lists, however, Mr. Bwana.

Do you guys have Bosco's restaurants near you?

FAX

Skip Towne
05-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Al Bundy drinks Icehole beer.

StcChief
05-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Speaking of Beer sites
http://mylifeisbeer.com/

DMAC
05-27-2006, 08:00 PM
I see that I drink more of the 50 worst than the 50 best.

My 3 big ones now are, Killians Red (mmmmm), Miller High Life IN A BOTTLE, and my camping and canoeing beer, Busch.

Bwana
05-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Couldn't find it anywhere on the "best" lists, though. They had Bosco's ale (several iterations) on the best lists, however, Mr. Bwana.

Do you guys have Bosco's restaurants near you?

FAX

Its' one of those beers that has a great blend, but not one to drink beer after beer.

No Bosco's in my zip code Mr. Fax.

Bwana
05-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Swill that should have made the list:

Billy
Brown Derby
Colt 45

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Nat Ice gave me one of the worst drunks of my life...junior year of college...winter break. Drank a 30 pack of Natty Ice w/ my roommate while playing Vice City. By the time we were done, I was so drunk I literally could not get up out of the couch to go to the bathroom, so I just pissed into a couple of empty cans. God that hangover blew nuts.

Monkeylook4food
05-27-2006, 08:47 PM
One time I got so drunk I couldn't clean up my dog's shit. Boy was my landlord snarled.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-27-2006, 08:48 PM
That list reminds me of one of my friend's shitty beer parties that he would hold every April. Everyone had to bring shitty beers and we put them in various trash cans filled with ice. You had to reach in blind and pull one out, and there was no giving back.

This list should definitely have Schlitz Malt (worse than regular) Stag, and Tejas, Falstaff, Old Style, among others.

StcChief
05-27-2006, 09:44 PM
In college 1976
'Pearl' $3.50 24 can case. cheap buzz bad taste.

KCChiefsMan
05-27-2006, 09:45 PM
this list is stupid, I would take a mich ultra over natural ice or milwaukees best anyday....I don't drink either one but still

Monkeylook4food
05-27-2006, 09:56 PM
this list is stupid, I would take a mich ultra over natural ice or milwaukees best anyday....I don't drink either one but still
What beer do you drink?

J Diddy
05-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Back in school my roommate and I were hard up for cash, we worked on the yard all day and decided the best way to spend our meager funds is to get some beer and cook up some steaks in the fridge. We wound up buying something called "hillbilly beer", Neither him or I made it past the first drink. I challenge anyone (I doubt if it's still in existence) to take a drink of this cat poop and find a more disgusting mix

Predarat
05-27-2006, 10:06 PM
The beast is better than Miller. Molson is aweful.

ENDelt260
05-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Nat Ice gave me one of the worst drunks of my life...junior year of college...winter break. Drank a 30 pack of Natty Ice w/ my roommate while playing Vice City. By the time we were done, I was so drunk I literally could not get up out of the couch to go to the bathroom, so I just pissed into a couple of empty cans. God that hangover blew nuts.
15 beers and you couldn't get out of your chair?

ENDelt260
05-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Molson is aweful.

I buy Molson just for the novelty labels.

BWillie
05-27-2006, 11:00 PM
What is wrong with you classy people. Keystone Ice is probably the best beer known to man. You can get a dirty 30 for about 12 bucks. I'm telling you the nectar of the gods. But go easy on that shit, it'll have you screwin' fat chicks in no time.

BWillie's top beers
1. Keystone Ice..hands down no contest
2. Schlitz
3. Natty Ice
4. Natty
5. Pabst Blue Ribbon

Worst beer of all time has to be Budweiser Select. I mean that crap is for pansies. It tastes like water, and has a weird after taste. Completely gross. I used to drink that in the morning before class in college just to get rid of a the first and only case I bought.

ChiefaRoo
05-27-2006, 11:05 PM
In college 1976
'Pearl' $3.50 24 can case. cheap buzz bad taste.

"he drank Pearl in a can and Jack Daniel's black, chewed tobacco from a mail pouch sack, had an old dog that was trained to attack.... sometimes... he'd get drunk and mean as a rattlesnake and there wasn't too much that he'd take from a stranger..."

If that ain't country you can hairlip the pope, if that ain't country it's a damn fine joke....

If that ain't country, you can kiss my a**

CHIEF4EVER
05-27-2006, 11:14 PM
This thread reminds me of how you trap a big bear. You find a pond that is frozen over. You cut a big hole in the ice. You then line the edge of the hole with peas. When the bear takes a pea, you kick him in the ice hole.

C-Mac
05-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Blatz and Goatsbreath come to mind...I think I'd rather drink Niquil.

banyon
05-28-2006, 10:42 AM

Free State Old Backus Barleywine

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/2943.jpg

Percentile
overall

A Barley Wine brewed by
Free State Brewing Company
Lawrence, Kansas USA bottling
unknown on tap unknown Local Distribution

86 4.04/5.0 4.02/5.0 0.38 Winter 10.5% 95.3 Snifter P Stats

Commercial Description:
The huge amounts of both hops and malt that go into this beer necessitate a long conditioning period to mellow its intense flavors. The Old Backus contains just over 2,000 lbs of malt and 55 lbs of hops. the Original gravity is 25.6 P/1092 which contributes to an alcohol content of 8.4% by wt. and 10.5% by vol. The bitterness level is 150 ibu. This is a tremendously complex beer that should be savoured slowly and in moderation. It will continue to change with age as it is served unfiltered and is continuing to mature

KC Jones
05-28-2006, 09:04 PM
I've long considered Free State one of the premeir brewpubs in the country. Whenever my wife and I travel we tend to try out the small local brewers. I've never found a better one.

It's an odd taste, but their lemongrass rye is probably the perfect summer beer.

KCChiefsMan
05-28-2006, 09:13 PM
What beer do you drink?

I drink miller lite, blvd wheat, sam adams black lager, stela artois, pilsner urquell the most. I've been drinking a lot of belgium brews lately trying to broaden my horizons with my beer drinking, and they are quite good

Spicy McHaggis
05-28-2006, 09:15 PM
I drink miller lite, blvd wheat, sam adams black lager, stela artois, pilsner urquell the most. I've been drinking a lot of belgium brews lately trying to broaden my horizons with my beer drinking, and they are quite good

I'm a fan of Stella Artois as well. Wish it wasn't $8 a 6 pack though.

Baby Lee
05-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Not a worst beer, not by a long shot. But since this is a beer thread, thought I'd inquire about experience with 'Stockyard' beer. I bought some Stockyard Cream Stout at Trader Joes, and it's about the best 4.99 6-pack I've ever bought. Pretty comperable to Schlafly's Oatmeal Stout, a little lighter and sweeter. It's brewed in Chicago, so some of our Chicago-ites might know something.

KCChiefsMan
05-28-2006, 09:18 PM

ya I got a schooner of it last night at a downtown bar and it was $8.50, but I suppose it's worth that

KC Jones
05-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Any hefeweizen fans here? Paulaner is probably my favorite. I had an outbreak of hives a year ago and was terrified it was caused by the hefeweizen I had quaffed the night before.

Baby Lee
05-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Any Lambic imbibers?
Not sure how it gets classified as a beer, but damn it's tasty.

ENDelt260
05-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Not a worst beer, not by a long shot. But since this is a beer thread, thought I'd inquire about experience with 'Stockyard' beer. I bought some Stockyard Cream Stout at Trader Joes, and it's about the best 4.99 6-pack I've ever bought. Pretty comperable to Schlafly's Oatmeal Stout, a little lighter and sweeter. It's brewed in Chicago, so some of our Chicago-ites might know something.
$4.99 for a sixer of a tasty stout? Sounds like I need to go to Trader Joe's.

cdcox
05-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Any Lambic imbibers?
Not sure how it gets classified as a beer, but damn it's tasty.

Yeah, I like Lambic. I only drink a few bottles a year due to the cost. Selection is pretty limited around hear too.

CHIEF4EVER
05-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Any hefeweizen fans here? Paulaner is probably my favorite. I had an outbreak of hives a year ago and was terrified it was caused by the hefeweizen I had quaffed the night before.

Yep. Bavarian Hefeweizen is my all time favorite beer and I also brew it quite often. Ayinger, Erdinger, Franziskaner, Paulaner and Schoefferhofer are the best commercially made Hefeweizens. Also love Pilsner Urquell, Warsteiner and Sam Adams Boston Lager.

cdcox
05-28-2006, 09:36 PM

Yeah, I like a good Hefe with lots of banana/clove flavor. Hold the lemon, please!

Monkeylook4food
05-28-2006, 09:39 PM
I drink miller lite,

You're not really qualified to comment then.

rad
I'm on a Harp kick right now.

Baby Lee
Yeah, I like Lambic. I only drink a few bottles a year due to the cost. Selection is pretty limited around hear too.
Again, Trader Joes. Lindemann's Peach and Raspberry for 6.99 for the 26 ounce bottle.
Whole Foods has a local St. Louis Lambic in Peach, Raspberry and Bing Cherry, but it's 5.99 for a 12 ouncer.

cdcox
05-28-2006, 09:41 PM

Probably the most consumed beer in the pubs of London. I first saw it there in 2003, but never tried it until this year when it became available locally. Too many wonderful British Ales to sample on tap to try it sooner. Pretty tasty lager.

cdcox
05-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Again, Trader Joes. Lindemann's Peach and Raspberry for 6.99 for the 32 ounce bottle.
Whole Foods has a local St. Louis Lambic in Peach, Raspberry and Bing Cherry, but it's 5.99 for a 12 ouncer.

I've only tried authentic Belgiums so far. Do the American Lambic styles hold up in terms of complexity of flavor? Brewing a Lambic is quite a process.

Baby Lee
05-28-2006, 09:50 PM
I've only tried authentic Belgiums so far. Do the American Lambic styles hold up in terms of complexity of flavor? Brewing a Lambic is quite a process.
Lindeman's is authentic Belgian, "Southwest of Brussels, in the quiet Belgian town of Vlezenbeek."
And the St. Louis Bing Cherry version isn't nearly as refreshing or complex. But I haven't compared Peach to Peach or Raspberry to Raspberry.

EDIT:The Lambic at Whole Foods is called St. Louis, but it's brewed in Ingelmunster, Belgium.

http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/st-louis-premium-kriek/16858/

cdcox
05-28-2006, 09:52 PM
Sorry, BL, I kept getting hung up on Trader Joes, thinking it was a brewery instead of a store. Don't have that store around here. I knew Lindeman's was Belgian.

CHIEF4EVER
05-28-2006, 09:54 PM

Although the original Lambics are brewed in a specific region of Belgium, the yeast and bacterium used (Brettanomyces Bruxellensis, Brettanomyces Lambicus and Lactobacillus Delbrueckii) have been cultured and are used in the American versions. Should taste the same if brewed the same way with comparable grains.

cdcox
05-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Although the original Lambics are brewed in a specific region of Belgium, the yeast and bacterium used (Brettanomyces Bruxellensis, Brettanomyces Lambicus and Lactobacillus Delbrueckii) have been cultured and are used in the American versions. Should taste the same if brewed the same way with comparable grains.

As you probably know, a spontaneous fermentation process is used to ferment authentic Lambics. They allow natural yeast and bacteria in the air to infect the wort and carry out the fermentation . As a result over 70 strains of yeast and bacteria participate in the process. The ones you listed are the predominant ones, but it would be impossible to culture the mixture obtained by spontaneous fermentation. So these remain "Lambic-style" as opposed to true Lambics.

Archie F. Swin
05-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Lone Star on my worst beer list is nos. 1 through 50.

CHIEF4EVER
05-28-2006, 10:10 PM
As you probably know, a spontaneous fermentation process is used to ferment authentic Lambics. They allow natural yeast and bacteria in the air to infect the wort and carry out the fermentation . As a result over 70 strains of yeast and bacteria participate in the process. The ones you listed are the predominant ones, but it would be impossible to culture the mixture obtained by spontaneous fermentation. So these remain "Lambic-style" as opposed to true Lambics.

True. We unfortunately don't have the various wild strains native to our air like they do. Most brewing in the US is also closed fermentation vis-a-vis open vat fermentation used in Belgium. Therefore, you are quite correct.

cdcox
05-28-2006, 10:16 PM
True. We unfortunately don't have the various wild strains native to our air like they do. Most brewing in the US is also closed fermentation vis-a-vis open vat fermentation used in Belgium. Therefore, you are quite correct.

Back in the days I was homebrewing, I thought about trying a Lambic-style. I think it took a couple fermentations, a very long aging (in an oak barrel none the less). I decided I wasn't quite up for the challenge.

ENDelt260
05-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Well, $10 later there's two sixers of Stockyard Oatmeal Stout chilling in the fridge. Yay Trader Joe's.

I hope it doesn't suck.

CHIEF4EVER
05-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Back in the days I was homebrewing, I thought about trying a Lambic-style. I think it took a couple fermentations, a very long aging (in an oak barrel none the less). I decided I wasn't quite up for the challenge.

I hear ya. I don't love Belgian brews enough to try it myself. I may brew up a Wit one of these days but I am such a fan of Bavarian Hefeweizen that I brew that type of wheat beer exclusively. I have a kickass recipe for Irish Stout that I have used a couple of times and it tastes almost exactly like Guiness. Matter of fact, I am bottling my next 5 gallon batch of weizen tomorrow and will brew up one more before hitting the road Tuesday evening. Nothing quite like a cold weizen on a hot day. :)

ENDelt260
05-29-2006, 12:08 AM
I think I'm pretty happy with the stockyard purchase. Thanks for the heads up, Baby Lee.

Valiant
05-29-2006, 02:19 AM

The best unknown beer in the US... One of my buds cousin is a brewer for Boulvard, brought over about three new beers they are testing for washers tonight...

Valiant
05-29-2006, 02:20 AM
The best unknown beer in the US... One of my buds cousin is a brewer for Boulvard, brought over about three new beers they are testing for washers tonight...

Oh I won the double elimination tourney of 16

StcChief
05-29-2006, 07:02 AM

I checked the website www.blvdbeer.com
Nothing listed as new beer.

Do tell are the summer seasonal or what?

Braincase
05-29-2006, 07:24 AM
I love Lawrence!

BEST BEERS BREWED IN KANSAS, USA
These are the best beers, as rated by RateBeerians everywhere, that are brewed by the brewers of this area. A beer has to have 5 or more ratings to be listed here.
Name Brewer Ratings Score
1 Free State Owd Macs Imperial Free State Brewing Company 83 99.8

2 Free State Old Backus Barleywine Free State Brewing Company 86 99

3 Free State C3 IPA Free State Brewing Company 14 98.1

4 Free State Ironman Imperial Stout Free State Brewing Company 27 93.7

5 Free State Black Jack Porter Free State Brewing Company 20 92.1

6 Free State Copperhead Pale Ale Free State Brewing Company 33 87.5

7 Free State Smoky Hill Ale Free State Brewing Company 11 86.3

8 Free State Oatmeal Stout Free State Brewing Company 34 81.9

9 Blind Tiger Java Porter Blind Tiger 13 79.9

10 Free State Brinkleys Maibock Free State Brewing Company 10 76.6

11 Free State Ad Astra Ale Free State Brewing Company 29 73.1

12 Free State John Brown Ale Free State Brewing Company 15 63.2

13 Pony Express Original Wheat Pony Express Brewing (a Division of Great Plains Brewing) 16 48.9

14 Free State Wheat State Golden Free State Brewing Company 18 46.8

15 Flying Monkey Amber Ale Pony Express Brewing (a Division of Great Plains Brewing) 36 36.6

16 Pony Express Tornado Red Ale Pony Express Brewing (a Division of Great Plains Brewing) 38 36

17 Pony Express Gold Pony Express Brewing (a Division of Great Plains Brewing) 20 25.2

18 Pony Express Rattlesnake Pale Ale Pony Express Brewing (a Division of Great Plains Brewing) 34 24.1

19 Free State Post Rock Pilsner Free State Brewing Company 5 0

20 Free State Octoberfest Free State Brewing Company 8 0

21 Free State Lemongrass Rye Free State Brewing Company 8 0

22 Blind Tiger Grandmas Whiskey Stout Blind Tiger 5 0

23 Blind Tiger Tiger Bite IPA Blind Tiger 6 0

24 Blind Tiger Raw Wheat Blind Tiger 6 0

25 Blind Tiger Tailwind Rye Blind Tiger 6 0

redbrian
05-29-2006, 09:13 AM
http://www.beertown.org/events/gabf/medals/medalists.aspx

Here is more credible ranking of top beers, the Great American Beer Fest is a blind tasting comparing beers in set catagories.

StcChief
05-29-2006, 10:38 AM

Here is more credible ranking of top beers, the Great American Beer Fest is a blind tasting comparing beers in set catagories.

Yeah...that voting on ratebeer looked STACKED...
Alot like mylifeisbeer.com

Give me independant blind judging anytime.

chagrin
05-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Miller High Life IN A BOTTLE

:shake:

Dude, it's time for an intervention

chagrin
05-29-2006, 11:54 AM

Awesome link dude!

How the hell did Milwaukees best win a bronze in the best American Lager competition????

Yuck!

Monkeylook4food
05-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Awesome link dude!

How the hell did Milwaukees best win a bronze in the best American Lager competition????

Yuck!

It's a blind taste test. You can't pick Budweiser, Coors, or Miller based upon their massive advertising budgets. You pick the brew that tastes better than everything else put in front of you.

When you're choosing from 15 (the number of beers in that category) buckets of shit, you select the bucket that stinks the least.

58-4ever
05-29-2006, 11:59 AM
I've been drinking a lot of IPA lately. I am beginning to like beers that are real hoppy and strong. We have one made here in Norman that's brewed by Coaches', and it will definitely have you making bad decisions in no time.

chagrin
05-29-2006, 03:16 PM
It's a blind taste test. You can't pick Budweiser, Coors, or Miller based upon their massive advertising budgets. You pick the brew that tastes better than everything else put in front of you.

When you're choosing from 15 (the number of beers in that category) buckets of shit, you select the bucket that stinks the least.

Yes, I know that but still:

How the hell did Milwaukees Best make the cut?!?!?!?!?!?!

Demonpenz
05-29-2006, 03:18 PM
This is my popular thread started evar!

chagrin
05-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Again, Trader Joes. Lindemann's Peach and Raspberry for 6.99 for the 26 ounce bottle.

And I still say that if you are going to go Belgian, you have got to go Belgian White!! Boo Lambic!!

cdcox
05-29-2006, 05:21 PM
And I still say that if you are going to go Belgian, you have got to go Belgian White!! Boo Lambic!!

Trappist > Lambic > White but all are great.

cdcox
05-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Yes, I know that but still:

How the hell did Milwaukees Best make the cut?!?!?!?!?!?!

I swore Busch was the best beer in the world when I went to Mizzou. My dad challenged me to a blind taste test againt Old Milwaukee, which I claimed at the time was terrible. Yep, I ended up picking OM. It's now my favorite cheap American light pilsner.

Archie F. Swin
05-29-2006, 07:08 PM
I checked the website www.blvdbeer.com
Nothing listed as new beer.

Do tell are the summer seasonal or what?

I thinks its Boulevard Saison (http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/boulevard-saison/57977/1270/)

jettio
05-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Back in school my roommate and I were hard up for cash, we worked on the yard all day and decided the best way to spend our meager funds is to get some beer and cook up some steaks in the fridge. We wound up buying something called "hillbilly beer", Neither him or I made it past the first drink. I challenge anyone (I doubt if it's still in existence) to take a drink of this cat poop and find a more disgusting mix

What is this? Rejected Bathhouse letters?

Don't bother telling us how your roomy got that hillbilly taste out of your mouth.

Monkeylook4food
05-31-2006, 11:38 PM
What is this? Rejected Bathhouse letters?

Don't bother telling us how your roomy got that hillbilly taste out of your mouth.
See, jettio is still funny.

ENDelt260
06-01-2006, 12:02 AM
If you say so.

CHENZ A!
06-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Worst beer I ever had is Fat Cat, it comes in an orange can, and is pure hell.

AZORChiefFan
06-01-2006, 12:10 AM
I bought a 40 that was on clearance at .99 at the local store. Believe it was called Country Club. That was some skunky crap.

cdcox
06-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Yep. Bavarian Hefeweizen is my all time favorite beer and I also brew it quite often. Ayinger, Erdinger, Franziskaner, Paulaner and Schoefferhofer are the best commercially made Hefeweizens. Also love Pilsner Urquell, Warsteiner and Sam Adams Boston Lager.

I had a draft Weihenstephaner Hefe tonight. Wonderful. Very good bannanna, orange, and clove.

Halfcan
06-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Iron City Light is the worst beer of all time!

Halfcan
06-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Oh and Billy beer.

Jimmy Carters brother-simply aweful!!!

greg63
06-01-2006, 12:29 AM
You mean there's only 50???

Miles
06-01-2006, 12:39 AM
The worst beer I have ever tried was Big Easy Beer that was brewed somewhere near New Orleans. Very heavy carbination and strong citrius taste.

DaneMcCloud
06-01-2006, 12:55 AM
The beast is better than Miller. Molson is aweful.

You're not drinking real Molson beer in the US, just like Budweiser is different in Canada. Molson kicks ass if you're in Canada.

Demonpenz
06-01-2006, 12:58 AM
i just picked up rolling rock in my fridge right now there is like 12 red stripes, 12 rocks, a case of miller light some bud light. some kettle 1 vodka, some blvd wheat and stout 12 packs. umm some of those creamy stouts with crazy lables on them. Some red dogs. Some coors. wtf there is coors orginal in here too. Oh and i had a gas card for 10 dollars and i picked up micalobs for some reason

DaneMcCloud
06-01-2006, 12:58 AM
$4.99 for a sixer of a tasty stout? Sounds like I need to go to Trader Joe's.

Make sure you pick up some fresh roasted almonds and cashews at TJ's. They're cheap and soooo fresh. IMO, nothing beats a beer and cashews.

Tatertot13
06-01-2006, 08:25 AM
I've been drinking a lot of IPA lately. I am beginning to like beers that are real hoppy and strong. We have one made here in Norman that's brewed by Coaches', and it will definitely have you making bad decisions in no time.

If you haven't already try some of Dogfish Head's IPA's. Really good!

ct
06-01-2006, 08:43 AM
I've only had 4 of those - OE 800 (what was I thinking?), Bud Light, Milwaukee's Best and Natural Light (the budget beers). All of them suck for sure. But how the hell is Coors Light not on this list? Must be all the chics' votes...

I just got back from San Francisco, 1st trip out there. Found a local brew called Anchor Steam, was pretty good.

RockChalk
06-01-2006, 09:27 AM
I took a tour of Boulevard a few years back. If you haven't, you should. Anyways, they had a test beer called Determination Ale. One of the best beers I've ever tasted, but apparently Boulevard didn't agree. Anyone else heard of this?

NewChief
06-01-2006, 09:36 AM
This is really geared toward the shitty, watery beers (like Ice beers). It's missing some notably shitty beers, such as the Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic, which is so bad that it's inspired threads on CP in recognition of it's badness.

Boozer
06-01-2006, 10:05 AM
This is really geared toward the shitty, watery beers (like Ice beers). It's missing some notably shitty beers, such as the Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic, which is so bad that it's inspired threads on CP in recognition of it's badness.

No kidding. And that's not a "James Brown" kind of badness, neither. :shake:

Boozer
06-01-2006, 10:07 AM
I took a tour of Boulevard a few years back. If you haven't, you should. Anyways, they had a test beer called Determination Ale. One of the best beers I've ever tasted, but apparently Boulevard didn't agree. Anyone else heard of this?

I think the problem with Determination (which I agree was a great beer) was that it had more than a 5% alcohol level. Thanks to Missouri's A-B inspired brewing laws, Boulevard's license only allows them to distribute beer that's 5% or lower.

As another reason to go on the brewery tour, they usually have some sort of test brew available.

MOhillbilly
06-01-2006, 10:14 AM
these threads make me wanna go back to drinking.

Katipan
06-01-2006, 10:19 AM

Do not ever disparage Sam Adams you ****ing Nazi.

RockChalk
06-01-2006, 10:44 AM
I think the problem with Determination (which I agree was a great beer) was that it had more than a 5% alcohol level. Thanks to Missouri's A-B inspired brewing laws, Boulevard's license only allows them to distribute beer that's 5% or lower.

As another reason to go on the brewery tour, they usually have some sort of test brew available.

Could they not just remove a little of the alcohol without destroying the taste?

ENDelt260
06-01-2006, 09:10 PM
I've had the cranberry lambic, and I don't see what the big goddamned deal was. I think some of you retards are just expecting the wrong thing.