PDA

View Full Version : For all you guys waiting for the 2007 Camaro

Immaculate
05-27-2006, 04:55 PM
http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/scrapbook/thumbnails/2139.jpg

ROFL Keep waiting.

Calcountry
05-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Maybe I'll wait, but I will never be able to grow a mullet.

Detoxing
05-27-2006, 04:58 PM
So the point of this thread is to show that a CONCEPT car doesnt has all of its kinks worked out yet? Hrmm, intresting concept, now i know i surely wont buy one since the concept version isnt perfect.

Immaculate
05-27-2006, 05:01 PM
So the point of this thread is to show that a CONCEPT car doesnt has all of its kinks worked out yet? Hrmm, intresting concept, now i know i surely wont buy one since the concept version isnt perfect.

They shouldn't give a magazine a test car to write about if it's not ready.

Detoxing
05-27-2006, 05:15 PM
They shouldn't give a magazine a test car to write about if it's not ready.

What magazine did they give this test car to?

Immaculate
05-27-2006, 05:24 PM
TheCarConnection I guess it's a web-site not a magazine. But that's even worse!

recxjake
05-27-2006, 06:59 PM
1st. It's the 2009 Camaro
2nd. Thats the CONCEPT version, not the PRODUCTION version
3rd. Read this story

http://www.wusatv9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=49463

recxjake
05-27-2006, 07:08 PM
GM has much more pressing needs then a sports car....

1. The new Silverados/Sierras coming out this fall
2. The new crossovers, Enclave, Outlook and Acadia due out starting this fall
3. Getting all of Saturns new products out
4. The new Impala, Grand Prix (G8), Lacrosse etc

Then they can worry about the Camaro and GTO

Logical
05-27-2006, 07:13 PM

Actually I would disagree with you from a marketing standpoint. Every major Car Manufacturer needs a star, something sexy that people think of when they think about buying. Not that they are going to buy it but that it makes them think, Hey I will stop by and look at those sexy new Mustangs (only an example) while I am out driving around. Unfortunately for GM the Vette has lost it's allure the model line is just too old and the car is just too bulky now. GM has nothing.

Immaculate
05-27-2006, 07:23 PM

#5. It will get it's doors blown off by the GT 500 so why even try? :rockon:

recxjake
05-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Actually I would disagree with you from a marketing standpoint. Every major Car Manufacturer needs a star, something sexy that people think of when they think about buying. Not that they are going to buy it but that it makes them think, Hey I will stop by and look at those sexy new Mustangs (only an example) while I am out driving around. Unfortunately for GM the Vette has lost it's allure the model line is just too old and the car is just too bulky now. GM has nothing.

They have stars... the Tahoe and Silverado!

The Vette is sold out, you can say it's lost it allure, but the demand is always there

GM has a lot.... the stock is 44% since January 1.... nice try though

recxjake
05-27-2006, 07:53 PM
#5. It will get it's doors blown off by the GT 500 so why even try? :rockon:

you are an idiot

DomerNKC
05-27-2006, 08:29 PM

1. Tell American buyers that their quality has improved.
2. Find a way to convince an educated American buyer that they mean it this time.
3. If it doesn't work, try again next year with a new ad campaign.
4. Get back to building bad automobiles, closing more factories, rebadging imports and selling them as their own, and paying recxjake to spread the propaganda.

Then they can worry about the Camaro and GTOWhat you drive, drives america???? Is this Moscow? How about being American? Build a better mousetrap and people will buy it. Competition is healthy. Telling lies about your product and your competitions product is propaganda. Telling people to buy American then acting like a communist dictatorship is getting old. Telling people about American freedom after paying congressmen for the last thirty years to create and pass laws to tip the scales of competition in your favor is a big three pastime.

Logical
05-27-2006, 08:43 PM
They have stars... the Tahoe and Silverado!

The Vette is sold out, you can say it's lost it allure, but the demand is always there

GM has a lot.... the stock is 44% since January 1.... nice try though
Oh yes those SUVs have a lot of allure now that gas is over 3/gal everywhere in the US

I did not say the Vette did not sell, I said it had lost its star power, the power to draw the consumer in.

I have no idea why you made your last statement it seems completely unrelated to my post. It is also an incomplete sentence.

Immaculate
05-29-2006, 03:29 PM
you are an idiot

I'm an ididot becuase I think a 475 HP car will smoke a broken down leaky piece of shit plaster?

Ok If you say so pal.

SLAG
05-29-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm an ididot becuase I think a 475 HP car will smoke a broken down leaky piece of shit plaster?

Ok If you say so pal.

Chevy has shown that they like to share the wealth...

just like in 98 when they took the corvette LS1 and put it in the SS and Z28 Camaros until 2002 when they stopped production.

The SS version of the 09 camaro will probably share the same powerplant and drivedrain used by the corvette now...

Sorry Immaculate... the Gt500 wont cut it

505 hp LS7 V8 Engine

Inside every Z06 is an LS7 aluminum–block V8. It puts out a SAE-certified (Society of Automotive Engineers) 505 hp and 470 lb.–ft. of torque. Hand–built by the GM Performance Build Center in Wixom, Mich., the LS7 engine contains a litany of racing–derived components, such as an eight–quart dry–sump lubrication system, titanium valves and connecting rods, forged–steel crankshaft with six–bolt main bearings, high–profile cam, and Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) machined heads for better air/fuel flow. Even with its performance, the engine does not incur a federal government gas–guzzler penalty.

Demonpenz
05-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Go ahead and take your time chevy. The Toyota Pruis will be waiting to stop your ass!

Immaculate
05-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Chevy has shown that they like to share the wealth...

just like in 98 when they took the corvette LS1 and put it in the SS and Z28 Camaros until 2002 when they stopped production.

The SS version of the 09 camaro will probably share the same powerplant and drivedrain used by the corvette now...

Considering the GT500 will be around 27K. You can easily spend the money to keep it under 35k and run very low 10's. Give me a break if you think anything on this planet will compete dollar for dollar and Horsepower for horsepower with Fords new masterpiece.

Immaculate
05-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by chevy.com/corvette

505 hp LS7 V8 Engine

Inside every Z06 is an LS7 aluminum–block V8. It puts out a SAE-certified (Society of Automotive Engineers) 505 hp and 470 lb.–ft. of torque. Hand–built by the GM Performance Build Center in Wixom, Mich., the LS7 engine contains a litany of racing–derived components, such as an eight–quart dry–sump lubrication system, titanium valves and connecting rods, forged–steel crankshaft with six–bolt main bearings, high–profile cam, and Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) machined heads for better air/fuel flow. Even with its performance, the engine does not incur a federal government gas–guzzler

And that powerplant is out of the Z06. not the base model vette.

And when it all comes down to brass tax the Ford GT>Z06 anyway. :p

That was the coolest thing chevy has done in some time though. Bringing back the 427 all aluminum platform is brilliant. They are just still a step behind Ford.

recxjake
05-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Go ahead and take your time chevy. The Toyota Pruis will be waiting to stop your ass!

Prius = TRASH

You spend 8 grand more for a couple hundred in fuel savings a year!

You have to spend thousands to replace the battery cell!

GM did it right... they teamed up with BMW and Daimler Chyrysler and developed a good but yet affordable hybrid system.....

Coming this Fall... the Saturn Vue Hybrid... 31 MPG at 22,000.... compare that price to the Ford Escape and that toyota piece of crap.... yea its 5,000 cheaper!

recxjake
05-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Considering the GT500 will be around 27K. You can easily spend the money to keep it under 35k and run very low 10's. Give me a break if you think anything on this planet will compete dollar for dollar and Horsepower for horsepower with Fords new masterpiece.

Ford has nothing going for it.... I'm sorry to say that, I'm a big fan of American car makers, but they honestly have nothing besides the Mustang and F-150

The stock price is around 7 bucks last time I checked... It's sad to say, but Ford could be gone very soon

BCD
05-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Ford has nothing going for it.... I'm sorry to say that, I'm a big fan of American car makers, but they honestly have nothing besides the Mustang and F-150
I drive a Ranger, and I agree with this. The Mustang and their trucks are really nice, outside of that, they have crap. VERY boring vehicles.

recxjake
05-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Oh yes those SUVs have a lot of allure now that gas is over 3/gal everywhere in the US

I did not say the Vette did not sell, I said it had lost its star power, the power to draw the consumer in.

I have no idea why you made your last statement it seems completely unrelated to my post. It is also an incomplete sentence.

you are very very wrong....

Link: FinancialTimes.com

Yet GM shares have jumped 48.6 per cent this year. By contrast, shares of Ford, GM's smaller Detroit-based rival, have slipped 6.6 per cent.

Analysts at Merrill Lynch and Prudential Equity have recently urged clients to buy GM stock. Michael Bruynesteyn at Prudential said last week that, among other factors, sales of the new SUVs "should show big gains into the summer, overshadowing weak overall sales".

Tahoe sales were up 37 per cent in the first four months of this year from January-April 2005. Demand for the Escalade was one third higher. However, the pace has slowed this month, in line with a general weakening in the new-vehicle market. Sales data for May will be released on Thursday.

GM estimates that its share of the full-size SUV market grew to 67.6 per cent in the first four months, from 59 per cent a year earlier.

Its rivals – Ford, Toyota and Nissan – have all lost share. Sales of Ford's Expedition have fallen by 23 per cent; Toyota's Sequoia is down by more than a quarter. "We've had an unusually strong response, better than we ever expected", says John Bergstrom, who owns 18 GM dealerships in Wisconsin.

Big SUVs are especially popular among large families and people who tow boats and trailers. "The price of gas doesn't seem to affect them at all", says Chris Lee, general manager at a Chevrolet and Cadillac dealership in Bristol, Tennessee.

Art Spinella, president of Oregon-based CNW Marketing Research, says that while the full-size SUV market continues to shrink, GM has attracted buyers by offering "something that no one else has".

The option of 18 and 20 inch wheels "has added a touch of class", according to Mr Lee. Many reviewers have singled out the vehicles' interior fittings as a vast improvement on GM's past offerings.

Other T-900 vehicles have just begun arriving in dealer showrooms, or will do so in coming months. They include the long wheelbase Chevrolet Suburban; the Avalanche, which combines an SUV passenger compartment with a cargo bed; and the Silverado pick-up truck.

While these vehicles are heavy on fuel compared to a family car, GM is touting the 2007 models as the most fuel-efficient in their class, thanks partly to a displacement-on-demand system that shuts down unneeded cylinders.

According to Mr Spinella, GM has devoted much attention in recent months to some of the less glamorous parts of its business, including relations with dealers and "doing a lot better job of explaining where they stand in terms of things like fuel economy".

Mr Bergstrom, the Wisconsin dealer, says drivers report fuel consumption of "north of 20 miles" a gallon from their new Tahoes and Escalades. "They're used to getting 14 or 15", he adds. "They're not willing to give up what they had in size and comfort, but they like the extra fuel economy".

Logical
05-29-2006, 06:56 PM
you are very very wrong....

Link: FinancialTimes.com

Mr Bergstrom, the Wisconsin dealer, says drivers report fuel consumption of "north of 20 miles" a gallon from their new Tahoes and Escalades. "They're used to getting 14 or 15", he adds. "They're not willing to give up what they had in size and comfort, but they like the extra fuel economy".

Isuggest you wait for fourth quarter figure before embarrasing yourself. Gas did not even top 3 until May.

Logical
05-29-2006, 06:58 PM
I drive a Ranger, and I agree with this. The Mustang and their trucks are really nice, outside of that, they have crap. VERY boring vehicles.
If you want a gas hog, their SUVs are better than those of GM. Course anyone smart wants either a Jeep, a Toyota, or a Landcruiser in a 4 wheeler.

recxjake
05-29-2006, 07:01 PM
If you want a gas hog, their SUVs are better than those of GM. Course anyone smart wants either a Jeep, a Toyota, or a Landcruiser in a 4 wheeler.

lol are you kidding... the Tahoe blows the Explorer out of the water

recxjake
05-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Isuggest you wait for fourth quarter figure before embarrasing yourself. Gas did not even top 3 until May.

I suggest you put the numbers together..... the new tahoe gets 20 + mpg.... if you can afford an 35,000 + SUV then 10 to 20 bucks more a week isn't going to phase you

Logical
05-29-2006, 07:27 PM
lol are you kidding... the Tahoe blows the Explorer out of the waterYou think small, the Expedition and Freestyle are what I am talking about.

As to your absurd notion that people with money don't care about gas mileage. I own a 65000 dollar Jaguar and I care about gas mileage. Affording and wasting money are not the same thing. Some day you will know the difference, once daddy quits carrying your ass.