PDA

View Full Version : UFC Spoilers Thread. Do not read if you plan on watching later.

chop
05-27-2006, 08:31 PM
First fight Swick submitted Riggs with a Swickotine (his version of the guillotine).

chop
05-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Next fight just about to start.

chop
05-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Vera vs. Silva right now.

chop
05-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Brandon Vera chokes out Silva. Same exact move as Swick used in the first fight.

Skip Towne
05-27-2006, 08:39 PM
First fight Swick submitted Riggs with a Swickateen (his version of the guilateen).
Guilateen?

Tribal Warfare
05-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Guilateen?

I'm not sure but I believe it's leg lock choke

Skip Towne
05-27-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure but I believe it's leg lock choke
I was making fun of his atrocious spelling. It is guillotine. I guess I got you too.

chop
05-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Alessio and Sanchez on right now.

chop
05-27-2006, 08:55 PM
I was making fun of his atrocious spelling. It is guillotine. I guess I got you too.

I wasn't sure how to spell it. I knew I should have looked it up on the internet because some ass would make fun of it if I was wrong. :cuss:

chop
05-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Looks like it's going to the 2nd.

chop
05-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Boring fight so far.

Halfcan
05-27-2006, 09:06 PM
I figured Sachez would kick his ass

chop
05-27-2006, 09:10 PM
going to the judges. Weird third round.

chop
05-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Unanimous decision to Sanchez.

chop
05-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Sakara vs. Lister next.

Skip Towne
05-27-2006, 09:25 PM
I wasn't sure how to spell it. I knew I should have looked it up on the internet because some ass would make fun of it if I was wrong. :cuss:
Yes, you certainly should have because someone with an IQ of more than 80 is sure to make fun of such a gross misspelling. Guilateen, hahahahahaha

chop
05-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Lister submits Sakara.

chop
05-27-2006, 09:33 PM
The main event up next.

58-4ever
05-27-2006, 09:39 PM
I hope Matt Hughes dominates.

chop
05-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Introductions complete.

chop
05-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Hughes dominated.

chop
05-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Fight over.

Immaculate
05-27-2006, 09:57 PM
I only missed one fight! I called total domination by Hughes. Who's your father?

chop
05-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Matt Hughes was never in trouble. He owned Gracie in this fight.

unlurking
05-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Matt Hughes was never in trouble. He owned Gracie in this fight.
Totally, glad to see it too.

Watching those highlight films of Gracie made me remember why I hated the guy. He's great at what he does, but I hate the fact that always seemd to TRY and break a guy's arm, never letting go when his opponent taps, pulls hair, etc.

I can't believe he survived the arm bar though, I thought for sure Matt had him then. Gracie must have an incredible tolerance for pain. Then again, I really like the "ground 'n pound" for finishing a fight. Very cool.

Got it paused, will check out the "after cards" here in a minute.

Immaculate
05-27-2006, 10:09 PM

Watching those highlight films of Gracie made me remember why I hated the guy. He's great at what he does, but I hate the fact that always seemd to TRY and break a guy's arm, never letting go when his opponent taps, pulls hair, etc.

I can't believe he survived the arm bar though, I thought for sure Matt had him then. Gracie must have an incredible tolerance for pain. Then again, I really like the "ground 'n pound" for finishing a fight. Very cool.

He did that because in UFC 1 and 2 the referee could not stop the fight. Guys were tapping and the refs would just stand there and look. You have to understand it was the first time these fights had ever taken place.

Killer instinct has to be a part of every fighter, If that fighter expects to be sucessful.

burt
05-27-2006, 10:54 PM

I felt sure that Gracie would lose.....but he did build the UFC house. UFC wouldn't be what it is without Royce Gracie. I hope he got paid well, because you know he didn't when UFC was just starting.

unlurking
05-27-2006, 11:09 PM
He did that because in UFC 1 and 2 the referee could not stop the fight. Guys were tapping and the refs would just stand there and look. You have to understand it was the first time these fights had ever taken place.

Killer instinct has to be a part of every fighter, If that fighter expects to be sucessful.
I know the refs were kind of retarded early, but I got sick of watching the ref have to almost smack the guy in the head to get him to let go. And pulling Kemo's hair was even more lame than Leban's foot stomps. I know they're "legal", just really hate that kind of stuff. I like the blood 'n guts, as well as I like the technical, but I really don't care for the little cheesy stuff.

unlurking
05-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Yep, I'm sure he got a nice paycheck. And yes, he does deserve it because he did help build the UFC.

I am however, glad that the UFC moved away from that style. I love watching a good technical ground game, but I stopped watching a while ago (only started again around UF 2) because there jsut weren't enough knock-outs. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy submissions, but I really do enjoy a good KO.

The fights replayed after Hughes/Gracie were awesome! The Fisher/Wiman fight ending was just brutal. Melvin dispatched his opponent with a brick of a right too.

Overall, I think 60 was a great card. Some great submission, Alessio had some great defense against Sanchez (just a little more offense and he would have won), some great KOs, and another dominating performance by Hughes. Best UFC I have PPVed in a long time. Really looking forward to Shamrock/Tito.

burt
05-28-2006, 08:42 AM
Yep, I'm sure he got a nice paycheck. And yes, he does deserve it because he did help build the UFC.

I am however, glad that the UFC moved away from that style. I love watching a good technical ground game, but I stopped watching a while ago (only started again around UF 2) because there jsut weren't enough knock-outs. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy submissions, but I really do enjoy a good KO.

The fights replayed after Hughes/Gracie were awesome! The Fisher/Wiman fight ending was just brutal. Melvin dispatched his opponent with a brick of a right too.

Overall, I think 60 was a great card. Some great submission, Alessio had some great defense against Sanchez (just a little more offense and he would have won), some great KOs, and another dominating performance by Hughes. Best UFC I have PPVed in a long time. Really looking forward to Shamrock/Tito.

I absolutely agree about Alessio/Sanchez. I, actually called that one a draw, as much as I hate draws.

I enjoyed UCF from 4 all the way up to Mark Coleman, and Tank Abbotts time. It just gets so expensive watching all the ppv. I think it's interesting how much more the game has changed since Coleman and Abbot, much less since Gracie. The Ultimate Fighter series has got me back into it...ma ans millions of others. That show was the $$ generator that UCF needed.

I also think Coleman was the first of the GREAT wrestlers that could strike well. Dan Severn was a good wrestler, and so was Shamrock, but, if I am not wrong, Coleman was a world class wrestler. Now Matt Hughes is a world class wrestler, that strikes well. Please corect me if I am wrong.

I believe wrestlers will rule ufc.....but they had better be well versed in striking and bjj.

unlurking
05-28-2006, 12:24 PM
I absolutely agree about Alessio/Sanchez. I, actually called that one a draw, as much as I hate draws.

I enjoyed UCF from 4 all the way up to Mark Coleman, and Tank Abbotts time. It just gets so expensive watching all the ppv. I think it's interesting how much more the game has changed since Coleman and Abbot, much less since Gracie. The Ultimate Fighter series has got me back into it...ma ans millions of others. That show was the $$ generator that UCF needed.

I also think Coleman was the first of the GREAT wrestlers that could strike well. Dan Severn was a good wrestler, and so was Shamrock, but, if I am not wrong, Coleman was a world class wrestler. Now Matt Hughes is a world class wrestler, that strikes well. Please corect me if I am wrong.

I believe wrestlers will rule ufc.....but they had better be well versed in striking and bjj.
I pretty much agree completely. If a fighter is not going to be an excellent wrestler offensively (mainly a striker), her needs to have premiere wrestling defensive moves. A guy like Alessio could do well (although this is the first time I've seen him), based on the fact that a great wrestler pretty much cannot take him down, and has an even harder time keeping him down. He amazed the hell out of me. I gotta admit, I was rooting for him to get Sanchez to tap while using the arm-bar against his own head. I was very impressed by his ability to walk over to his own corner with Sanchez on his back and ask for advice. Although it was a slow fight, that time they spent locked together was very cool to watch.

Personally, with how good Alessio's defense is, I think he could actually be pretty good on the ground if he tried as well.

I think I like the new UFC, because a guy needs to be good on his feet and on the ground in order to win. As you said, Matt Hughes is an example of an all-around fighter. Was able to dominate Gracie when it came to BJJ and grapling (still don't know how Gracie survived that arm-bar), and has an excellent striking skill while on his feet or on the ground.

Mr. Laz
05-28-2006, 02:19 PM
but I hate the fact that always seemd to TRY and break a guy's arm, never letting go when his opponent taps, pulls hair, etc..

not a big UFC guy myself ... but i wondered about that

it always seemed like Gracie held his lock a second or 2 too long

i was hoping someone would treat him the same and break his arm or something.

macdawg
05-28-2006, 05:43 PM
in UFC 1 when Royce tapped out Shamrock their was some confusion about the tap, the ref didn't even see it and Royce had to tell the ref he let go because Ken tapped, so Royce from then on held his submission extra long to make sure there was no confusion.

Halfcan
05-28-2006, 06:22 PM
So who is going to beat Hughes now??

Simplex3
05-30-2006, 12:59 AM
Nobody for quite a while. That guy is the complete package.

chop
05-30-2006, 05:06 AM

Even though Matt Hughes beat him last year, I think George St. Pierre has a chance to beat Matt Hughes if they fight again.

macdawg
05-30-2006, 08:07 AM
St. Pierre or Penn

Iowanian
05-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Most of the fights are available on Youtube.

Hughes beat the piss out of gracie.

I thought that Sanchez should have won that decision...he was the agressor the entire fight, and I don't really recall Alessio making an offensive move. His Defense of the takedowns was outstanding though, and I thought he was going to Pop Diego's elbow more than once.

HC_Chief
05-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Hughes beat the piss out of gracie.

I was really surprised by that. Gracie basically gave Hughes his back. In Jiu Jitsu that's the #1 rule: NEVER give your opponent your back! That Kamura attempt musta scared the piss out of Royce... he rolled out of it only to have Matt Hughes, an insanely powerful wrestler and striker on his back. BAM BAM BAM, fight over.

chop
05-30-2006, 09:04 AM
St. Pierre or Penn

I don't know much about Penn except for the fight he had with St. Pierre. I did see a clip of him submitting Hughes. I was referring to St. Pierre. Every fight I see St. Pierre in, with the exception of the Hughes fight, he has totally dominated his opponent. He got caught in an arm bar against Hughes as the buzzer sounded. I think this kid has a great future in the UFC.

HC_Chief
05-30-2006, 09:18 AM
I don't know much about Penn except for the fight he had with St. Pierre. I did see a clip of him submitting Hughes. I was referring to St. Pierre. Every fight I see St. Pierre in, with the exception of the Hughes fight, he has totally dominated his opponent. He got caught in an arm bar against Hughes as the buzzer sounded. I think this kid has a great future in the UFC.

Yep. He was beating Hughes in that fight (all one round of it).

Simplex3
05-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Yep. He was beating Hughes in that fight (all one round of it).
Hughes beats GSP in 4 out of 5 fights. I'd give those same odds to any other UFC guy going against Hughes.

As for GSP "winning" their first fight until he got caught, sounds like a hell of a plan by Hughes. Let the little punk get overconfident with some bulls**t punches and then tap his ass out. Seems to have worked.

I wasn't suprised by Hughes dominating Gracie. Gracie didn't step into the ring with anything Hughes hadn't seen a million times in practice.

Iowanian
05-30-2006, 10:07 AM
musta scared the piss out of Royce... he rolled out of it only to have Matt Hughes, an insanely powerful wrestler and striker on his back. BAM BAM BAM, fight over.

That can't possibly be true, HC....Just last week, Clint in Wichita posted that wrestlers wear tights and are sissy mary gheys.

It looked to me like Gracie pussed out when he started getting hit ...I don't think he looked like he was used to it, or liked it very much. Even the rib taps seemed to bother him....and yes, I know they hurt.

ArrowheadHawk
05-30-2006, 10:23 AM
i'd like to see hughes vs franklin at a catch weight of 175 or 180

HC_Chief
05-30-2006, 10:23 AM
That can't possibly be true, HC....Just last week, Clint in Wichita posted that wrestlers wear tights and are sissy mary gheys.

Well, the tights are a bit ghey. I know <i>I</i> disliked wearing them; but there really is no alternative... except of coure the old "Greek" uni; I sure as shit wasn't going <i>there</i>! :p

It looked to me like Gracie pussed out when he started getting hit ...I don't think he looked like he was used to it, or liked it very much. Even the rib taps seemed to bother him....and yes, I know they hurt.

Heh, I wouldn't use the words "pussied out" with Royce Gracie. He's one tough mofo with impecible technique. Hughes got into great position and applied a killer Kimura... would have had most anyone else tapping out (see that hyperextension? holy hell). When Royce rolled out, Matt made his move and got his back. Fight over. You cannot give a fighter like Matt Hughes your back.... he is too good.

Overall, I was surprised... I expected it to go farther than it did. Hughes dominated; he did so rather easily, too. That's what surprised me.

Looks like his prefight talk was dead-on: the "new" fighters are true MMA fighters who excel in multiple forms. The old-school experts can't hang with the new guys because of that. Proof is on the tape: Hughes, a guy who started out as a strong wrestler w/ ground & pound skills, has learned the art of submission and is also an expert striker (added Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai skills to his repoirtore)... that complete skill set dominated an <i>expert</i> Jiu Jitsu fighter.

HC_Chief
05-30-2006, 10:26 AM

Franklin would lose.... he would have to drop too much weight off his frame. Hughes is a natural at that weight.

If Hughes went up in weight, Franklin would beat his ass because Hughes would be carrying too much bulk. It would slow him down and affect his conditioning.

Franklin/Liddell is the fight <i>I</i> want to see! :D

ArrowheadHawk
05-30-2006, 10:26 AM
i'd also like to see either shamrock vs liddell or another fight between liddell and tito of course i think liddell would win both

HC_Chief
05-30-2006, 10:29 AM
i'd also like to see either shamrock vs liddell or another fight between liddell and tito of course i think liddell would win both

Shamrock is done. Tito has peaked as well IMO.

Liddell and Franklin are the top light heavyweights. I would love to see those guys square off. Put it on the same card as a Sylvia/Orlofski rematach, and I'll be there!! :D

ArrowheadHawk
05-30-2006, 10:48 AM
i would also like to know when Rashad Evans is going to fight again i really like him, plus he is still undefeated unlike other ultimate fighter guys like Joe Stevenson

BIG_DADDY
05-30-2006, 11:22 AM

Hughes would win. I would like to see see Matt fight some of the Pride guys.

Carlota69
05-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Well since I know Hughes, and I have for a few years now, no one will beat him as long as he is juiced, which he is. The only time he wasn't on the juice was when Penn beat him and when he barely got by St Pierre. Look at tape of those fights, if you can, and you'll see Matt isn't as cut up, chiseled as he was before and after those 2 fights. He was "soft", as they say in the athletic world (as in the way his body looked).
St Pierre might have a chance against Matt juiced or not, but Matt is so far unbeatable when junkin'.

Too bad about Tim, he's a cool dude, but obvioulsy not a dominate fighter.

chop
05-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Well since I know Hughes, and I have for a few years now, no one will beat him as long as he is juiced, which he is.

Juiced? I thought they test for steroids in the UFC. Didn't Silvia get suspended for testing positive not so long ago?

BIG_DADDY
05-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Well since I know Hughes, and I have for a few years now, no one will beat him as long as he is juiced, which he is. The only time he wasn't on the juice was when Penn beat him and when he barely got by St Pierre. Look at tape of those fights, if you can, and you'll see Matt isn't as cut up, chiseled as he was before and after those 2 fights. He was "soft", as they say in the athletic world (as in the way his body looked).
St Pierre might have a chance against Matt juiced or not, but Matt is so far unbeatable when junkin'.

St Pierre has a chance, those elbows are nasty.

Carlota69
05-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Juiced? I thought they test for steroids in the UFC. Didn't Silvia get suspended for testing positive not so long ago?

They do, but Tim wasn't as smart. Hughes uses Chrembuterol(Sp?), a steroid bodybuilders use as well. It gets out of your system after 3-4 days, and they get tested the day of the fights. So Hughes knows how to beat the sytem, as most of them do.

Sully
05-30-2006, 12:05 PM
I am so glad this is taking over in popularity for the WWF crap. It's so much more satisfactory to see the drama, the fighting, and know that it's real.

Simplex3
05-30-2006, 12:11 PM
They do, but Tim wasn't as smart. Hughes uses Chrembuterol(Sp?), a steroid bodybuilders use as well. It gets out of your system after 3-4 days, and they get tested the day of the fights. So Hughes knows how to beat the sytem, as most of them do.
I've got to tell you, I could care less if he's juiced. I could care less if they all juiced. IMO they SHOULD all be juiced if they choose to.

HC_Chief
05-30-2006, 12:12 PM
I've got to tell you, I could care less if he's juiced. I could care less if they all juiced. IMO they SHOULD all be juiced if they choose to.

Heh, you should be a Pride fan. They're juiced.... don't think they have any rules against it either.

Carlota69
05-30-2006, 01:03 PM

I agree, that's why I dont give a shit about the whole barry Bonds issue.

Matt hughes is just a grade A asshole and I was hoping to see him get his ass kicked, but oh well.

Immaculate
05-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Franklin would lose.... he would have to drop too much weight off his frame. Hughes is a natural at that weight.

If Hughes went up in weight, Franklin would beat his ass because Hughes would be carrying too much bulk. It would slow him down and affect his conditioning.

Franklin/Liddell is the fight <i>I</i> want to see! :D

Franklin would get put to sleep. And Matt and Rich are GOOD friends, And have stated 100 times they would never fight eachother,

Immaculate
05-31-2006, 04:17 PM
I agree, that's why I dont give a shit about the whole barry Bonds issue.

Matt hughes is just a grade A asshole and I was hoping to see him get his ass kicked, but oh well.

Matt is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. You just don't like the fact he made Gracie look like a 2 months white belt. ROFL

Immaculate
05-31-2006, 04:19 PM

How the hell do you know?! Matt has stayed the same size since he got into MMA. And he has always been known as one of the storngest fighters in the sport pound for pound.

I don't buy it for a second, You should stop spreading bullshit rumors.

Immaculate
05-31-2006, 04:21 PM

Why? do you want to see Shamrock get killed?

ArrowheadHawk
05-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Why? do you want to see Shamrock get killed?
shamrock is my childhood idol

BIG_DADDY
05-31-2006, 04:47 PM
This weekends Pride Fight card looks good.

http://www.pridefc.com/pride2005/fightcard.htm

Good thing it's an approved fight I wouldn't want to be an accessory in a life sentence.

ArrowheadHawk
05-31-2006, 04:52 PM
what is pride? ufc knockoff?

BIG_DADDY
05-31-2006, 05:04 PM
what is pride? ufc knockoff?

NO

Pride is huge. They have it in Tokoyo Japan and sell out the Tokoyo dome every time. They have better rules too.

TrickyNicky
05-31-2006, 07:33 PM
This weekends Pride Fight card looks good.

http://www.pridefc.com/pride2005/fightcard.htm

Good thing it's an approved fight I wouldn't want to be an accessory in a life sentence.

The fight card is as follows:
First-Round Match-Ups in the 183-Pound Tournament:
Murilo Bustamante vs. Amar Suloev
Paulo Filho vs. Gregory Bouchelaghem***
Murilo "Ninja" Rua vs. Denis Kang
Phil Baroni vs. Kazuo Misaki
Ryo Chonan vs. Joey Villasenor
Akihiro Gono vs. Hector Lombard
Makoto Takimoto vs. Gegard Mousasi
(Note: Dan Henderson gets a bye into the second round of the tournament due to the fact that he won Pride's 183-pound Grand Prix last year.)

Non-Tournament Match-Ups on the Same Card:
Marcus Aurelio vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida
Hayato "Mach" Sakurai vs. Olaf Alfonso
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett
Jason Black vs. Eoh Won Jin

Looks very good. I want to see Gono vs. Lombard and I'm sure Kawajiri vs. Krazy Horse will be entertaining, if not uncompetitive once Bennett gasses.

Immaculate
05-31-2006, 08:13 PM
NO

Pride is huge. They have it in Tokoyo Japan and sell out the Tokoyo dome every time. They have better rules too.

Better rules if you're into pro wrestling and not Mixed Martial arts.

I'm sorry I have a hard time taking any org seriously, That would make Minowa fight Cro Cop.

Immaculate
05-31-2006, 08:13 PM
shamrock is my childhood idol

Then you should pray he never has to fight the Iceman.

TrickyNicky
06-02-2006, 10:20 AM
So who else is ordering Pride on sunday? The lower weight divisions are much more exciting IMO.

BIG_DADDY
06-02-2006, 10:25 AM
So who else is ordering Pride on sunday? The lower weight divisions are much more exciting IMO.

What are you talking about it's a 183 pound tournament.

BIG_DADDY
06-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Here are the odds:

Akihiro Gono 8-1

Amar Suloev 14-1

Dan Henderson 11-5

Denis Kang 24-1

Field (Any Other Fighter) 6-1

Gegard Mousasi 27-1

Hector Lombard 42-1

Joey Villasenor 14-1

Kazuo Misaki 45-1

Makoto Takimoto 40-1

Murilo Bustamante 13-4

Murilo Ninja Rua 9-1

Paulo Filho 5-2

Phil Baroni 11-1

Ryo Chonan 34-1

TrickyNicky
06-02-2006, 10:28 AM
The welterweights are in the lower weight divisions in Pride. The Bushido shows have been much more enjoyable than the regular Pride shows.

TrickyNicky
06-02-2006, 10:29 AM
I'd throw down some money on Misaki. If the New York Badly Gassed trains like he usually does, Misaki can push the pace and get lucky.

BIG_DADDY
06-02-2006, 10:29 AM
The welterweights are in the lower weight divisions in Pride. The Bushido shows have been much more enjoyable than the regular Pride shows.

I see what you're saying.

HC_Chief
06-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Franklin would get put to sleep. And Matt and Rich are GOOD friends, And have stated 100 times they would never fight eachother,

Heh, I think you're underestimating Rich Franklin. I think he & Liddell would have a great fight.

I knew about Matt/Rich being friends... friends also fight ;) It'll never happen anyway... Rich would have to drop too much weight, Matt would have to gain too much. It's serendipity :D

Braincase
06-02-2006, 11:17 AM
How the hell do you know?! Matt has stayed the same size since he got into MMA. And he has always been known as one of the storngest fighters in the sport pound for pound.

I don't buy it for a second, You should stop spreading bullshit rumors.

Carlotta has demonstrated insider knowledge in past threads.

Me thinks thou ought to STFU.