PDA

View Full Version : Al Davis looking for a "partner" to join Raiders ownership team

SNR
05-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Per yesterday's episode of PTI.

Did Al look out his window and see the reaper walking up his sidewalk?

morphius
05-27-2006, 09:33 PM
I think he was looking for someone else to sue.

cdcox
05-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Per yesterday's episode of PTI.

Did Al look out his window and see the reaper walking up his sidewalk?

Al's going to sell part of the Raiders to the reaper?

CHIEF4EVER
05-27-2006, 09:39 PM
How bout Pat "Cheater" Bowlen? Him and Greasy Al are like 2 peas in a pod.

Skip Towne
05-27-2006, 09:40 PM
He's looking for somebody with lots of money and absolutely no brains. A very rare combination. But there are a few Jerry Joneses out there.

cdcox
05-27-2006, 09:44 PM
He's looking for somebody with lots of money and absolutely no brains. A very rare combination. But there are a few Jerry Joneses out there.

If I had the jack and wanted to own the Raiders, I wouldn't let greasy Al get in my way. I'd make my investment, walk away, and let time do its work. He won't be around a lot longer.

Skip Towne
05-27-2006, 09:51 PM
If I had the jack and wanted to own the Raiders, I wouldn't let greasy Al get in my way. I'd make my investment, walk away, and let time do its work. He won't be around a lot longer.
Does Al own the Raiders outright? The last I heard he was the Managing General Partner. It looks like a barrel of snakes to me.

Monkeylook4food
05-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Enter Eddie DeBartlo stage left.

cdcox
05-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Does Al own the Raiders outright? The last I heard he was the Managing General Partner. It looks like a barrel of snakes to me.

From wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_Raiders)

Davis extends ownership of the team
Ed McGah, the last of the original eight general partners of the Raiders, died in 1983. Upon his death, his interest was devised to a family trust, of which McGah's son, E.J. McGah, was the trustee. The younger McGah was himself a part-owner of the team, as a limited partner. He died in 2002.

Several members of the McGah family filed suit against Davis and the Raiders in 2003, alleging mismanagement of the team by Davis. Among their specific complaints, the McGahs alleged that Davis had failed to provide them with detailed financial information previously provided to Ed and E.J. McGah. The Raiders countered that, under the terms of the partnership agreement as amended in 1972, upon the death of the elder McGah in 1983, his general partner interest converted to that of a limited partner. The team continued to provide the financial information to the younger McGah as a courtesy, though it was under no obligation to do so. (It should be noted that the Raiders' limited partnership agreement is not of public record.)

In 2004 the lawsuit was settled out of court. The terms of the settlement are confidential, but it has been reported that under its terms Davis has purchased the McGah family's interest in the Raiders, and for the first time owns a majority interest, speculated to be between 60-70% of the team. Davis is the Raiders' sole general partner (as president of A.D., Inc.). In recent years, the Raiders have not made public the names of its limited partners, who continue to own between 30-40% of the team.

Warrior5
05-28-2006, 09:47 AM
How bout Pat "Cheater" Bowlen? Him and Greasy Al are like 2 peas in a pod.

Beat me to it.

banyon
05-28-2006, 10:02 AM
http://uplink.space.com/attachments/344129-church_lady.jpg

Mmmm...could it be....

SATAN? :fire:

StcChief
05-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Somebody (or group) with love for sport, lots of $$$ will appear to agree as long term take over the Faiders.

FAX
05-28-2006, 11:04 AM
And 6/6/06 is just around the corner.

Coincidence?

FAX

big nasty kcnut
05-28-2006, 11:09 AM
How about kenneth lay he just as slimey as al davis.

Bwana
05-28-2006, 11:20 AM
How about kenneth lay he just as slimey as al davis.

He is as big of a slime bag, but our boy Ken will soon be dealing with such pressing issues as, did his soap on the rope order arrive on time and how to keep Bubba from invading his starfish in his cell late at night. He just wouldn't have the time for things from behind bars.