PDA

View Full Version : Is it the moderators intention to kill the DC Forum?

Logical
05-31-2006, 05:21 PM
1st they split it off.
2nd they made it so remote it is hard to find

Now they are moving dispute threads that are not remotely political here to keep them out of the Lounge. I thought that was what Romper Room was for but no they moved GM-Toyota Car thread over here.

So what do you think, are they trying to intentionally kill the second most active (DC) Forum?

Logical
05-31-2006, 05:44 PM
I am glad people are at least voting, hopefully some will state their thoughts.

Mr. Laz
05-31-2006, 05:45 PM
same reason they kept the music forum ...

patteeu
05-31-2006, 05:53 PM
I voted YES although I don't know if they are trying to kill it or just turn it into the cesspool that they mistakenly claim it has always been. I think it's fashionable to disrespect the DC forum. Obviously it's more respectable for a bunch of guys to drool over an anonymous internet poster who claims to be a girl than it is to discuss politics or religion.

banyon
05-31-2006, 05:54 PM
I voted YES although I don't know if they are trying to kill it or just turn it into the cesspool that they mistakenly claim it has always been. I think it's fashionable to disrespect the DC forum. Obviously it's more respectable for a bunch of guys to drool over an anonymous internet poster who claims to be a girl than it is to discuss politics or religion.

I voted no, but after your answer I want to change my vote.
:clap:

Logical
05-31-2006, 05:55 PM

In fairness that thread is over 90% hi-jacked but I do see your point. I also agree with this post.

go bowe
05-31-2006, 06:14 PM
I voted YES although I don't know if they are trying to kill it or just turn it into the cesspool that they mistakenly claim it has always been. I think it's fashionable to disrespect the DC forum. Obviously it's more respectable for a bunch of guys to drool over an anonymous internet poster who claims to be a girl than it is to discuss politics or religion.hey, drooling is underrated...

go bowe
05-31-2006, 06:17 PM
on topic, i get the sense that things are pretty much going to stay exactly as they are...

with the exception that the rule about posting on the main board is no longer going to be enforced...

we have had some very interesting posters (henry comes to mind) who got run off as a result of that rule...

i'd like to see more traffic in the forum, and i don't really care where it comes from...

Logical
05-31-2006, 07:22 PM
on topic, i get the sense that things are pretty much going to stay exactly as they are...

with the exception that the rule about posting on the main board is no longer going to be enforced...

we have had some very interesting posters (henry comes to mind) who got run off as a result of that rule...

i'd like to see more traffic in the forum, and i don't really care where it comes from...

I hope that poll did not piss the moderators off. I was truly shocked today when they used this forum like it was the Romper Room for a completely unrelated thread to the DC topics.

go bowe
05-31-2006, 07:31 PM
wasn't something said about d.c. being the appropriate place for a flame war, or something like that?

first it was politics, now "flame wars"?

it really does make you wonder, doesn't it?

Adept Havelock
05-31-2006, 08:05 PM

Well said. I'm with you on this one. Sorry. :p

htismaqe
05-31-2006, 09:23 PM
Seriously, are you a teenage girl?

We discussed where to move the thread to. The blatant propaganda on recxjake's part, combined with the nature of the economic argument of American vs. Japanese industry made DC the best choice of an array of bad choices.

We're NOT trying to kill the DC forum. We're not trying to DO anything to DC forum.

As for enforcing rules, all rules that were enforced one year ago are STILL BEING ENFORCED. There's one less of us, and all of us are quite busy right now outside of the bulletin board. Some posts have most certainly been missed (even though I still haven't found them) because we're HUMAN and make mistakes.

go bowe
05-31-2006, 10:07 PM

We discussed where to move the thread to. The blatant propaganda on recxjake's part, combined with the nature of the economic argument of American vs. Japanese industry made DC the best choice of an array of bad choices.

We're NOT trying to kill the DC forum. We're not trying to DO anything to DC forum.

As for enforcing rules, all rules that were enforced one year ago are STILL BEING ENFORCED. There's one less of us, and all of us are quite busy right now outside of the bulletin board. Some posts have most certainly been missed (even though I still haven't found them) because we're HUMAN and make mistakes.i was referring to your post (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3225248&highlight=policy#post3225248) on logical's policy poll, which seemed to indicate that the policy requiring posters to post in the main forum was no longer being enforced...

at least that's what i hope you meant...

stevieray
05-31-2006, 10:28 PM
because we're HUMAN and make mistakes.

didn't you get the memo? That's not an excuse anymore, considering that we are eliminating God.

Adept Havelock
05-31-2006, 10:37 PM
didn't you get the memo? That's not an excuse anymore, considering that we are eliminating God.

How does one eliminate what does not exist in the first place? :p

stevieray
05-31-2006, 10:38 PM
How does one eliminate what does not exist in the first place? :p

ROFL I like you adept, I hope I can buy you a beer someday.

or how does someone spend so much time discrediting something that isn't true?

Logical
05-31-2006, 10:42 PM

As for enforcing rules, all rules that were enforced one year ago are STILL BEING ENFORCED. There's one less of us, and all of us are quite busy right now outside of the bulletin board. Some posts have most certainly been missed (even though I still haven't found them) because we're HUMAN and make mistakes.
What is with all the insults lately, well here is one back. Are you on the rag, you cannot seem to address any issue of late without getting pissy and offering up an insult. I have always given the moderatos my support and I believe you know that. However this decision was nothing short of bizarre. First it was an active thread on a non political topic no matter how much you stretch it to fit. Second you were the one who said and I quote.
The blatant propagandizing seems appropriate in this forum... Like somehow this forum is for a lower class of human and thus not worthy of respect as a forum. Not only that you managed to make it seem as if this forum is for punishment when clearly that was the original intent of the Romper Room forum when created. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/clear.gifRomper Room (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
A place for the kiddies that can't behave themselves.
Does the above ring a bell, it should.

Then to top it off I found that you earlier posted this:
These flame wars belong in DC. From now on, post them there or they will be moved.
Further indicating to me that, hey we don't like the way posters are behaving no matter the content we will move the threads to DC.

Made me wonder if the point was to try and kill off DC, in effect to really turn it into the shithole so many Lounge posters want to believe this forum is.

I understand the need to moderate, I also understand that the Romper Room was always intended for threads where the posters could not behave or respond to moderation. I find it very strange that now suddenly DC is the place to take and dump the trash from the lounge. Using a admittedly poor analogy.

Logical
05-31-2006, 10:47 PM
By the way Parker I thought this one was really nice the other day.

Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by Logical
I would probably feel that way if we had not been exiled like a plague. <HR SIZE=1>You ARE a plague.

patteeu
06-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Well said. I'm with you on this one. Sorry. :p

Don't be sorry, this is something to celebrate. Just make sure it doesn't happen with any frequency. ;)

Adept Havelock
06-01-2006, 06:54 AM
Don't be sorry, this is something to celebrate. Just make sure it doesn't happen with any frequency. ;)
ROFLROFL

I apologise unreservedly.

I offer a complete retraction.

The imputation was totally without basis in fact,

and was in no way fair comment,
and was motivated purely by malice.

I deeply regret any distress my comments
may have caused you or your family.

And I hereby undertake not to repeat any
such slander at any time in the future.

Radar Chief
06-01-2006, 07:44 AM
So what do you think?

I think you guys must be really desperate for drama in your lives in order for this to be a topic.

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 10:45 AM
What is with all the insults lately, well here is one back. Are you on the rag, you cannot seem to address any issue of late without getting pissy and offering up an insult. I have always given the moderatos my support and I believe you know that.

What's with all the insults? LOOK AT THIS PLACE.

It's like ****ing fourth grade all over again.

Further indicating to me that, hey we don't like the way posters are behaving no matter the content we will move the threads to DC.

Made me wonder if the point was to try and kill off DC, in effect to really turn it into the shithole so many Lounge posters want to believe this forum is.

I understand the need to moderate, I also understand that the Romper Room was always intended for threads where the posters could not behave or respond to moderation. I find it very strange that now suddenly DC is the place to take and dump the trash from the lounge. Using a admittedly poor analogy.

This was a SINGULAR decision, made after discussing with other mods. Recxjake's "GM vs. the World" threads don't belong in the lounge. They really don't belong anywhere. The closest thing that we could come up with was DC. They don't belong in Romper Room because it's not "Recxjake vs. the Planet".

We're not dumping trash here, no matter how hypersensitive you want to be about it. Again, the was a single, solitary decision, not an "agenda".

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 10:46 AM
By the way Parker I thought this one was really nice the other day.

That's called a "sarcastic joke". Next time, I will use a smilie. ;)

Baby Lee
06-01-2006, 11:06 AM
This was a SINGULAR decision
So was Pruett-Igoe. ;)

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 11:11 AM
So was Pruett-Igoe. ;)

OK, I had to look that up.

Sometimes your blatant attempts to make the rest of us look stupid really piss me off. :D

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 11:18 AM
By the way, in case you failed to notice what our esteemed Senator did yesterday...

Recxjake once again decided to post his crap in the main forum, after he knew it was being moved here.

It will no longer be moved to DC, it will simply be removed.

Bootlegged
06-01-2006, 11:32 AM
:deevee:

I was hoping this was a joke. Get a life.

Logical
06-01-2006, 11:36 AM
By the way, in case you failed to notice what our esteemed Senator did yesterday...

Recxjake once again decided to post his crap in the main forum, after he knew it was being moved here.

It will no longer be moved to DC, it will simply be removed.

Truly appreciate it.

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Truly appreciate it.

Well, in trying to decide which forum-type his content conformed to, we bypassed the most obvious choice:

SPAM

jAZ
06-01-2006, 11:53 AM
We're not trying to DO anything to DC forum.
I'm not sure you mean that literally. Everyone freely admits that the mods are trying to 'hide' the DC forum. I don't think there's much disputing that at all.

Cochise
06-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Man, we sure do have some drama queens around here.

patteeu
06-01-2006, 12:16 PM
What's with all the insults? LOOK AT THIS PLACE.

It's like ****ing fourth grade all over again.

This was a SINGULAR decision, made after discussing with other mods. Recxjake's "GM vs. the World" threads don't belong in the lounge. They really don't belong anywhere. The closest thing that we could come up with was DC. They don't belong in Romper Room because it's not "Recxjake vs. the Planet".

We're not dumping trash here, no matter how hypersensitive you want to be about it. Again, the was a single, solitary decision, not an "agenda".

Why on earth does it not belong in the Lounge? Why is a GM vs. the World thread inappropriate there? We've had Walmart threads there. We've had Mac vs. PC threads there. What is special about GM vs. the World? If you think (or if others who are complaining to you think) recxjake is behaving trollishly by pimping GM then warn him or ban him or take a Planet vote on banning him. If the thread has degenerated into a flame war, send it to the Romper Room.

To be honest, I don't mind the thread being here. I think every Lounge thread should be sent here so that DC can become what ChiefsPlanet once was. IMO, this thread isn't so much about the recxjake thread being sent here as it is about the lame explanation of why it was sent here.

Baby Lee
06-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Man, we sure do have some drama queens around here.
Yeah? Well, 450 . . umm. . days. . of OPPRESSION will do that to a people!!!
Truth to power!!

Hey! Hey! Ho! Ho! The DC ghetto's got to go!!!

ROFL ROFL

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm not sure you mean that literally. Everyone freely admits that the mods are trying to 'hide' the DC forum. I don't think there's much disputing that at all.

DO = present tense

DC being "hidden" = past

Get over it.

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Yeah? Well, 450 . . umm. . days. . of OPPRESSION will do that to a people!!!
Truth to power!!

Hey! Hey! Ho! Ho! The DC ghetto's got to go!!!

ROFL ROFL

ROFL

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Why on earth does it not belong in the Lounge? Why is a GM vs. the World thread inappropriate there? We've had Walmart threads there. We've had Mac vs. PC threads there. What is special about GM vs. the World? If you think (or if others who are complaining to you think) recxjake is behaving trollishly by pimping GM then warn him or ban him or take a Planet vote on banning him. If the thread has degenerated into a flame war, send it to the Romper Room.

To be honest, I don't mind the thread being here. I think every Lounge thread should be sent here so that DC can become what ChiefsPlanet once was. IMO, this thread isn't so much about the recxjake thread being sent here as it is about the lame explanation of why it was sent here.

It doesn't belong in the Lounge because it's borderline spam and generating complaints. He was warned and he continued to do it. Rather than ban him, we tried to please everybody.

Obviously, with this user group that's not possible. You'd think I would have learned after the first 100 times that no matter what we do, somebody is gonna ****ing cry about it.

As for the excuse as to why it was moved here being "lame", I'll consult with you next time. Would that be ok?

Mr. Kotter
06-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Too bad this poll ain't public....that way we'd see who the pansy-assed whiners are.

I mean, the ones who haven't already outed themselves through their sniveling in this thread. :)

patteeu
06-01-2006, 12:35 PM
It doesn't belong in the Lounge because it's borderline spam and generating complaints. He was warned and he continued to do it. Rather than ban him, we tried to please everybody.

Obviously, with this user group that's not possible. You'd think I would have learned after the first 100 times that no matter what we do, somebody is gonna ****ing cry about it.

As for the excuse as to why it was moved here being "lame", I'll consult with you next time. Would that be ok?

Since you seem interested in my input ( ;) ), here you go:

IMO, the problem here isn't recxjake and it isn't the DC posters, it's the babies who were whining about recxjake's "borderline spam." When recxjake goes off on the board like gochiefs used to, then that will be spam. As long as he's just posting a thread here and there, what's wrong with letting the Planet posters decide whether to let it drop off the front page or keep it floating at the top with their responses? Those unnamed complainers who go running to a mod instead of just ignoring what they don't want to read seem to be the problem here. I think you should just tell them to ignore recxjake and stay out of his threads. Problem solved.

jAZ
06-01-2006, 12:36 PM
DO = present tense

DC being "hidden" = past

Get over it.
Sorry I didn't parse your tenses appropriately.

Mr. Kotter
06-01-2006, 01:42 PM
bumpity....heh.

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Sorry I didn't parse your tenses appropriately.

It's ok. I don't speak clearly. :D

Iowanian
06-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Quit bitching like a broad Jim....

BigRedChief
06-01-2006, 02:48 PM

Chit I missed that one too. I'm damned.

John_Wayne
06-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Why is this thread not in the DC forum?

Sfeihc
06-01-2006, 03:57 PM
It could be argued that the mods are trying to ruin the entire Planet not just one forum.

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 03:59 PM
It could be argued that the mods are trying to ruin the entire Planet not just one forum.

Absolutely we are. And you've gathered it all in the short time between January and now.

Amazing.

vailpass
06-01-2006, 04:02 PM

That would seem to make sense.
In other news whales want the entire ocean to dry up and alligators are advocating the paving of the Everlgades.

Simplex3
06-01-2006, 04:02 PM
In my perfect world I'd put a bullet in DC and re-merge everything except romper room. Political threads would get deleted, threads that are simply annoying would go to romper room.

go bowe
06-01-2006, 04:05 PM
you must have a pm box full of complaints about this "experiment"...

it's sad that the board can't be like it was before, with everything in one forum...

but it's sad that i'm getting older, too...

BIG_DADDY
06-01-2006, 04:05 PM
In my perfect world I'd put a bullet in some of the posters over in DC and re-merge everything except romper room. Political threads would get deleted, threads that are simply annoying would go to romper room.

NICE!!! ROFL

JBucc
06-01-2006, 04:06 PM
In my perfect world I'd put a bullet in DC and re-merge everything except romper room. Political threads would get deleted, threads that are simply annoying would go to romper room.I like that idea

go bowe
06-01-2006, 04:12 PM
In my perfect world I'd put a bullet in DC and re-merge everything except romper room. Political threads would get deleted, threads that are simply annoying would go to romper room.i wasn't around when this place was created, but from what i understand, the biggest reason this place came to be was to escape censorship at the star...

and until recently, i.e. the establishment of the d.c. forum, that's the way it has been since i became a planeteer...

in my perfect world, threads would stay on the front page if there continued to be traffic on the thread, regardless of their content...

there would be no d.c. forum...

and people would be expected to skip what they don't want to read...

but no matter what is done or not, some people are gonna whine...

(is this whining?)

Simplex3
06-01-2006, 04:12 PM
I like that idea
Yeah, The Demoncratic Underground and the Free Repugnic along with thousands of other political ceaspools aren't enough, people feel the need to get their fix here, too. Admittedly I used to frequent the DC forum. Then I figured out that not one person had changed their tune the slightest bit in the months I had been over there and saw it for the pointless exercise in stupidity that it is.

NJ Chief Fan
06-01-2006, 04:13 PM
why does gunther cunningham have his own forum

Cochise
06-01-2006, 04:15 PM
in my perfect world, threads would stay on the front page if there continued to be traffic on the thread, regardless of it's content...

That's great until political missionaries clog the whole forum with that kind of junk.

It was hard to even tell this place is supposed to have some percentage of football talk. At least when the board is organized you can see what you want.

Bob Dole
06-01-2006, 04:16 PM

Oh hell no.

Bob Dole has a family to feed. Without the Planet, Bob Dole would have to find a real job.

Simplex3
06-01-2006, 04:16 PM
i wasn't around when this place was created, but from what i understand, the biggest reason this place came to be was to escape censorship at the star...

and until recently, i.e. the establishment of the d.c. forum, that's the way it has been since i became a planeteer...

in my perfect world, threads would stay on the front page if there continued to be traffic on the thread, regardless of it's content...

but no matter what is done or not, some people are gonna whine...

(is this whining?)
I would say that was Ok until it got to the point where 80% of the front page was political rants from extremists on one side or the other. Once that critical mass was reached it got to the point where I'd be more likely to find a Chiefs thread on the DU. I think something had to be done. Personally I'd just do away with the politics, then the four or five posters that are the problem would leave. You could possibly even relax after they'd left.

I suppose a few choice bannings could also achieve the same goal.

Bob Dole
06-01-2006, 04:17 PM
At least when the board is organized you can see what you want.

What a concept.

go bowe
06-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Yeah, The Demoncratic Underground and the Free Repugnic along with thousands of other political ceaspools aren't enough, people feel the need to get their fix here, too. Admittedly I used to frequent the DC forum. Then I figured out that not one person had changed their tune the slightest bit in the months I had been over there and saw it for the pointless exercise in stupidity that it is.so why do you care if some people enjoy engaging in what you characterize as a pointless exercise in stupidity?

and why do you care who comes to the d.c. forum or where they come from?

it doesn't affect you one bit if you don't post there...

if you want censorship, there are plenty of places that will accomodate you...

d.c. is seperate and out of sight, isn't that enough?

btw, do you use all the other subforums? if not, you should advocate eliminating the ones you don't use, shouldn't you?

Sully
06-01-2006, 04:21 PM
I would say that was Ok until it got to the point where 80% of the front page was political rants from extremists on one side or the other. Once that critical mass was reached it got to the point where I'd be more likely to find a Chiefs thread on the DU. I think something had to be done. Personally I'd just do away with the politics, then the four or five posters that are the problem would leave. You could possibly even relax after they'd left.

I suppose a few choice bannings could also achieve the same goal.

I think the problem with saying "do away with political talk" is the same problem that seems to be facing the mods right now... what qualifies?

Simplex3
06-01-2006, 04:25 PM
so why do you care if some people enjoy engaging in what you characterize as a pointless exercise in stupidity?

and why do you care who comes to the d.c. forum or where they come from?

it doesn't affect you one bit if you don't post there...

if you want censorship, there are plenty of places that will accomodate you...

d.c. is seperate and out of sight, isn't that enough?

btw, do you use all the other subforums? if not, you should advocate eliminating the ones you don't use, shouldn't you?
Nobody is saying don't talk politics, they're saying don't do it here. Starbuck's doesn't tell me I can't s**t, but they sure as hell tell me I can't do it on their tables.

I'm for pulling everything back into the Lounge to get that churn that we used to have. I miss the "fast and furious" part to the Planet. I just think that while we still have that small handful of tards the lounge will incessently fill up with bulls**t rants and postings of "news" from various retarded sources.

I actually considered writing an app to replace those posters. Simply scrape the DU and FreeRepublic and create a new "thread" every time a new thread was started that linked to a website outside those.

go bowe
06-01-2006, 04:26 PM

I suppose a few choice bannings could also achieve the same goal.i recognize that the situation before the election was completely out of hand and that something had to be done...

d.c. was created...

probably the best solution at the time...

even if not perfect (perfect worlds don't really exist, do they?)

as far as bannings, i think i've seen pretty regular polls seeking to ban people, and deneese always wins the polls directed at her...

it's a community driven board, and the majority (over and over over the years) don't want to ban a few choice posters because of their political orientation...

Simplex3
06-01-2006, 04:29 PM
I think the problem with saying "do away with political talk" is the same problem that seems to be facing the mods right now... what qualifies?
I'd say some keywords could be used:

neocon
3 stooges
moonbat
lib

In the end it's a person and we have to go with the judgement. Frankly we have damn good mods here, so I'm not worried that it would be abused.

go bowe
06-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Nobody is saying don't talk politics, they're saying don't do it here. Starbuck's doesn't tell me I can't s**t, but they sure as hell tell me I can't do it on their tables.

I'm for pulling everything back into the Lounge to get that churn that we used to have. I miss the "fast and furious" part to the Planet. I just think that while we still have that small handful of tards the lounge will incessently fill up with bulls**t rants and postings of "news" from various retarded sources.

I actually considered writing an app to replace those posters. Simply scrape the DU and FreeRepublic and create a new "thread" every time a new thread was started that linked to a website outside those.not to be picky or anything, but didn't you say put a bullet in d.c. and delete political threads?In my perfect world I'd put a bullet in DC and re-merge everything except romper room. Political threads would get deleted, threads that are simply annoying would go to romper room. edit: eh, i must be too high...

i think i misunderstood what you are saying because you are saying the same thing in both places... :huh:

Simplex3
06-01-2006, 04:32 PM
not to be picky or anything, but didn't you say put a bullet in d.c.?
if i misunderstood you, i apologize...
Yes, my DC auto-posting app would have been aimed at killing it naturally by making sure it was constantly being populated with new and exciting crap from all the most psycho sources on the web. If the churn was so high that nobody could keep anything on the front page it wouldn't be very entertaining.

Don't do it here as in "on ChiefsPlanet".

ct
06-01-2006, 04:33 PM
ahem...so how long will this silly experiment be on-going? I'd like to know when to come back to myPlanet?

BIG_DADDY
06-01-2006, 04:33 PM
i recognize that the situation before the election was completely out of hand and that something had to be done...

d.c. was created...

probably the best solution at the time...

even if not perfect (perfect worlds don't really exist, do they?)

as far as bannings, i think i've seen pretty regular polls seeking to ban people, and deneese always wins the polls directed at her...

it's a community driven board, and the majority (over and over over the years) don't want to ban a few choice posters because of their political orientation...

The vast majority don't want that stupid **** and her allies polluting the main BB over here either. Call it a compromise. That's where the problem began. Denise can destroy a good BB faster than a bad shit can clear out a bathroom.

BIG_DADDY
06-01-2006, 04:36 PM
I all seriousness go bo, if you put the two BB's together it's my belief that you would lose the majority of the good posters left here. They would either start a new BB or go to Warpaint.

go bowe
06-01-2006, 04:37 PM
The vast majority don't want that stupid **** and her allies polluting the main BB over here either. Call it a compromise. That's where the problem began. Denise can destroy a good BB faster than a bad shit can clear out a bathroom.i agree that it's a compromise, and the best compromise that could have been achieved given the circumstances...

it has worked fairly well, as far as i can tell...

go bowe
06-01-2006, 04:39 PM
I all seriousness go bo, if you put the two BB's together it's my belief that you would lose the majority of the good posters left here. They would either start a new BB or go to Warpaint.i agee...

i was talking about a "perfect world"...

and d.c. was the compromise that came closer than any other alternative...

i just don't like the idea of totally banning all "political" discussion whatsoever, like simplex was suggesting (if i understood him correctly)...

Simplex3
06-01-2006, 04:41 PM
So who's the gatekeeper on the source code to this place? I had an idea a couple of years ago that might be a workable solution and meet everyone's requirements.

I'd need a copy of the source to the board to work it in, though.

Baby Lee
06-01-2006, 05:23 PM
In my perfect world I'd put a bullet in DC and re-merge everything except romper room. Political threads would get deleted, threads that are simply annoying would go to romper room.
Another poster with no concept of the genesis of this site.

Baby Lee
06-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah, and the country club doesn't tell me I can't golf, just better wear a collared shirt and proper golf shoes.

Logical
06-01-2006, 05:25 PM
I all seriousness go bo, if you put the two BB's together it's my belief that you would lose the majority of the good posters left here. They would either start a new BB or go to Warpaint.

It is odd you say that when the old timers left after the split in forums not before. I think you over-rate DEnise's influence on this place. Hell some of the most entertaining threads this place has ever seen are mainly you and her going back and forth.:p

Logical
06-01-2006, 05:30 PM
That's great until political missionaries clog the whole forum with that kind of junk.

It was hard to even tell this place is supposed to have some percentage of football talk. At least when the board is organized you can see what you want.

I almost agree, except the volume of traffic is now so much lower on each type of thread. That proves people don't want to have to constantly change forums to participate. Even though it was somewhat negative today the volume was up on seemingly most threads. I wonder if that was just a coincidence or demonstrates what I am talking about.

Skip Towne
06-01-2006, 06:22 PM
I would just like to say that I'm happy with the way DC is being handled. I also like the way the mods handle the Planet. Don't change a thing.

Chief Faithful
06-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Please continue to keep the Bush, God, Gay, and Science debates in the DC forum, PLEASE! The mods have done a great job of keeping the lounge safe.

jAZ
06-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Even though it was somewhat negative today the volume was up on seemingly most threads.
The only reason it today was "somewhat negative" was due to the fact that the mod in question decided to try to prove a point that no one was argueing in the least.

Moving the political threads into the Lounge was never on my list of requests and I've been BY FAR the most outspoken person on this issue.

The only thing I've EVER asked is that the mods hold true to their promise to move the DC back to a SUB-FORUM of the lounge after the end of the season (which was 5 months ago).

NO ONE was clamoring to move the actual threads back into the lounge. Those who even considered such NEVER pushed for such a thing.

patteeu
06-01-2006, 07:38 PM
The only reason it today was "somewhat negative" was due to the fact that the mod in question decided to try to prove a point that no one was argueing in the least.

Moving the political threads into the Lounge was never on my list of requests and I've been BY FAR the most outspoken person on this issue.

The only thing I've EVER asked is that the mods hold true to their promise to move the DC back to a SUB-FORUM of the lounge after the end of the season (which was 5 months ago).

NO ONE was clamoring to move the actual threads back into the lounge. Those who even considered such NEVER pushed for such a thing.

As usual, you're wrong jAZ. :p I was.

And while I don't think this "test" was a valid test of what life would really be like in the Lounge if politics were allowed to remerge with the general population, I still think the test was passed in the sense that (a) the Lounge was more active today than it's been in a while, (b) several of the political and music threads took off partially because of the input of people who don't normally post in the subforums, and (c) the majority of the vitriol came from non-DC posters indicating that the common myth that DC posters are more childish and immature than Lounge posters is exactly that.

Ultra Peanut
06-01-2006, 08:52 PM
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW

DomerNKC
06-01-2006, 10:15 PM
the last time i disagreed with a mod was on the coalition website. I was banned for life for such an action. I love the mods and think they do a wonderful job.

burt
06-06-2006, 08:29 PM

It could be said that that is the stupidest thing I have read on the planet.

The mods are mods because they are here ....alot. They are here because they like it. Why the hell would they ruin it???

YOU ARE AND IDIOT!!!!

htismaqe
06-06-2006, 08:41 PM
I've participated more in DC since Logical started this thread than I have in the last couple of years.

This place isn't so bad.

Taco John
06-06-2006, 08:53 PM
As usual, you're wrong jAZ. :p I was.

And while I don't think this "test" was a valid test of what life would really be like in the Lounge if politics were allowed to remerge with the general population, I still think the test was passed in the sense that (a) the Lounge was more active today than it's been in a while, (b) several of the political and music threads took off partially because of the input of people who don't normally post in the subforums, and (c) the majority of the vitriol came from non-DC posters indicating that the common myth that DC posters are more childish and immature than Lounge posters is exactly that.

I think you hit it out of the park...

Taco John
06-06-2006, 08:56 PM
I've participated more in DC since Logical started this thread than I have in the last couple of years.

This place isn't so bad.

It really isn't. It's actually a pretty great little corner of the Internet, despite what the exiting herd who decided to drag our sub-community through the mud had to say on their way out.