PDA

View Full Version : Do you support President Bust?

Logical
05-31-2006, 04:53 PM
No that is not a typo in the title.

He has busted the budget for record deficits.

He is busting our civil liberties to build his own power base.

He is busting our Republic's Checks and Balances to centralize power in the Executive Branch.

He is busting the conservative cause with his economic and faith based initiatives, are the current Republicans really representative of conservativism, I say no.

He is busting down the efforts to truly pay for stopping terrorism by having the funds diverted from National Security programs to building Iraq.

The man is a bust, his Presidency is a Bust in short the name

Bush now equals Bust.

I bet his dad is proud.

stevieray
05-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Yes.

Mr. Laz
05-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Yes.
why?

banyon
05-31-2006, 05:23 PM
Never have, never will, unless the Dems somehow clone Hitler from a hair sample and nominate him.

recxjake
05-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Yes

penchief
05-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Yes

Why?

HolyHandgernade
05-31-2006, 06:23 PM
I can only think of two reasons why anyone who wasn't already very wealthy would:

1. They live under the delusion that they will either one day be really wealthy or they think they will be rewarded by th really wealthy "someday".

2. Their absolutist mindset about religion has been transfered to the conservative wing of the Republican Party and they cannot see past that absolutism.

Of course I, as a moderate Republican, live under the possible delusion the scale has tipped too much too quickly towards the extremist right and will eventually balance itself out. But as McCain now cows to that conservative favor, I seriously have my doubts. The party has been hijacked as a pseudo-religion and the Democrats still don't impress me enough to switch. I would think this might be a time another party begins to rise and supplant one of the other two, but the amount of money and influence such would require leads me to believe the only reform in political parties will have to be internal. :banghead:

-HH

Logical
05-31-2006, 06:24 PM
I can only think of two reasons why anyone who wasn't already very wealthy would:

1. They live under the delusion that they will either one day be really wealthy or they think they will be rewarded by th really wealthy "someday".

2. Their absolutist mindset about religion has been transfered to the conservative wing of the Republican Party and they cannot see past that absolutism.

Of course I, as a moderate Republican, live under the possible delusion the scale has tipped too much too quickly towards the extremist right and will eventually balance itself out. But as McCain now cows to that conservative favor, I seriously have my doubts. The party has been hijacked as a pseudo-religion and the Democrats still don't impress me enough to switch. I would think this might be a time another party begins to rise and supplant one of the other two, but the amount of money and influence such would require leads me to believe the only reform in political parties will have to be internal. :banghead:

-HH

Very nicely stated.:thumb:

go bowe
05-31-2006, 06:24 PM
no, i guess i don't anymore...

but he's still gonna be president for awhile, so i'm pulling for him anyway...

patteeu
05-31-2006, 06:47 PM
While there are plenty of things I don't like about him and his administration, yes I do. Most of what I consider to be his evils (no spending restraint, erosion of privacy, etc.) are the lesser of two evils when compared to what I believe Kerry or Gore would have done if they found themselves in the same position. And I really appreciate his evolving approach to Iraq and the GWoT (even if I think there were times when we weren't aggressive enough), his judicial appointments, and his vision on issues like DP World. W has the vision thing that his father lacked.

penchief
05-31-2006, 07:03 PM
While there are plenty of things I don't like about him and his administration, yes I do. Most of what I consider to be his evils (no spending restraint, erosion of privacy, etc.) are the lesser of two evils when compared to what I believe Kerry or Gore would have done if they found themselves in the same position.

Mere speculation based on political bias. You have absolutely no idea how they would have responded other than basing your opinion on the garbage America was fed during the past two presidential campaigns. You're regurgitating everything the right wing wants you to believe.

And I really appreciate his evolving approach to Iraq and the GWoT. :Lin:

EVOLVING APPROACH??!!!! Too little too late, wouldn't you say? He had no choice but to evolve! His original policy was a miserable joke.

his judicial appointments.

His judicial appointments appear to be ideological Yes-men rather than the free thinking pragmatists that I believe are necessary for an objective judiciary.

W has the vision thing that his father lacked.

Huh? Blurred vision maybe. I feel this president's biggest weakness is his shortsightedness.

Let's agree to disagree.

Logical
05-31-2006, 07:20 PM
While there are plenty of things I don't like about him and his administration, yes I do. Most of what I consider to be his evils (no spending restraint, erosion of privacy, etc.) are the lesser of two evils when compared to what I believe Kerry or Gore would have done if they found themselves in the same position. And I really appreciate his evolving approach to Iraq and the GWoT (even if I think there were times when we weren't aggressive enough), his judicial appointments, and his vision on issues like DP World. W has the vision thing that his father lacked.So Harriet Myers turns your crank eh, patteeu.:drool:

:p

patteeu
05-31-2006, 07:33 PM
EVOLVING APPROACH??!!!! Too little too late, wouldn't you say? He had no choice but to evolve! His original policy was a miserable joke.

I used the words "evolving" and "appreciate" for two reasons:

1) To point out the fact that his approach has, in fact, changed over time and continues to change with the circumstances, and

2) To indicate that I haven't agreed with every aspect of his approach. For example, I think backing out of Fallujah the first time we assaulted it to try a political approach was the wrong thing to do. I think we should have emphatically torn that place apart and used it as an example for others who might have joined the insurgency at that early point (although I'm not saying we shouldn't have allowed civilians to be processed out of town before we took the place down).

patteeu
05-31-2006, 07:35 PM
So Harriet Myers turns your crank eh, patteeu.:drool:

:p

ROFL Well, she is pretty sexy, but I have to admit that that was a mistake that was thankfully corrected by conservatives outside of the White House.

stevieray
05-31-2006, 07:35 PM
why?

I have a few reasons. personal and political.

what do you want to know?

Logical
05-31-2006, 07:38 PM
I have a few reasons. personal and political.

what do you want to know?I would not intrude and ask your personal reasons. But what has he done politically that deserves your support since he was re-elected.

penchief
05-31-2006, 07:39 PM
I used the words "evolving" and "appreciate" for two reasons:

1) To point out the fact that his approach has, in fact, changed over time and continues to change with the circumstances, and

2) To indicate that I haven't agreed with every aspect of his approach. For example, I think backing out of Fallujah the first time we assaulted it to try a political approach was the wrong thing to do. I think we should have emphatically torn that place apart and used it as an example for others who might have joined the insurgency at that early point (although I'm not saying we shouldn't have allowed civilians to be processed out of town before we took the place down).

Well, I respect your opinion but in the same post you claim to respect both his vision and his evolving policy. When it comes to the facts surrounding his policy in Iraq I'd say that evolving vision is a bit of an oxymoron.

Logical
05-31-2006, 07:55 PM
Well, I respect your opinion but in the same post you claim to respect both his vision and his evolving policy. When it comes to the facts surrounding his policy in Iraq I'd say that evolving vision is a bit of an oxymoron.Not if you realize that going blind is evolving vision.

banyon
05-31-2006, 08:01 PM
His judicial appointments appear to be ideological Yes-men rather than the free thinking pragmatists that I believe are necessary for an objective judiciary.

True of Scalito, not of Roberts so far...

stevieray
05-31-2006, 08:02 PM
I would not intrude and ask your personal reasons. But what has he done politically that deserves your support since he was re-elected.

Stood by his convictions on the WOT.

Appointed more minorities to Cabinet positions than any other President.

Strong economy.

penchief
05-31-2006, 08:10 PM
True of Scalito, not of Roberts so far...

I'll agree that (so far) I can live with Roberts.

Logical
05-31-2006, 08:13 PM

Strong economy.

I am not really sure we have a strong economy, I would say we have an economy that is no longer in the tank like it was in the first term. I won't take this one from you but I personally would not call it a strong economy.

I think all his minority appointments were in the first term Stevie, not since he was re-elected.

I actually disagree with you on the first one. I think he has abandoned the true War on Terror and replaced it with rebuilding Iraq which is the first thing that turned me against him.

penchief
05-31-2006, 08:18 PM

Does it matter that his conviction might have been wrong, contrived, or even insincere (motivated by politics as much as anything)?

Does it matter that he tends to make token appointments while at the same time promoting policies the undermine the opportunities and well being of minorities as a whole?

Strong economy.

See above.

A strong economy for the few can skew the numbers which reflect reality for the many.

jiveturkey
05-31-2006, 08:27 PM
I would be a lot more comfortable with the economy if inflation wasn't looming over it and if the dollar wasn't getting beat up at school everyday. And why are all inflation realted discussion leaving out "volatile" items like food and energy? Has it always been this way? Because this is where most people are getting hammered.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13068126/

The employment sector seems stable though and that's where daddy makes his money. :)

jAZ
05-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Really, who here doesn't support President Bust?

http://gallery.superstars4u.com/214/14499.jpg

penchief
05-31-2006, 08:33 PM
Really, who here doesn't support President Bust?

http://gallery.superstars4u.com/214/14499.jpg

She's just a Hollywood twit.

Hollywood twits aren't entitled to voicing their opinions like the rest of us. Don't you know that?

htismaqe
05-31-2006, 08:34 PM
I can't believe conservatives, especially Christians, still defend this guy.

He's a closet liberal, his stance on immigration alone should clue them in...

**** 'im.

penchief
05-31-2006, 08:50 PM

**** 'im.

He's no liberal. He's a bought-and-paid-for narrow-minded lackey for corporate interests. Period.

Calling him a liberal is an insult to all progressives.

BucEyedPea
05-31-2006, 09:16 PM

**** 'im.
:thumb: Agreed!

His foreign policy is just hard Wilsonianism.

I was relatively pleased with his court appt's even if I don't care for Altio's views on executive power nor where Roberts really stands.

Did not vote for him in 2004 because of #1 Iraq, #2 spending.

stevieray
05-31-2006, 09:21 PM
I am not really sure we have a strong economy, I would say we have an economy that is no longer in the tank like it was in the first term. I won't take this one from you but I personally would not call it a strong economy.

I think all his minority appointments were in the first term Stevie, not since he was re-elected.

I actually disagree with you on the first one. I think he has abandoned the true War on Terror and replaced it with rebuilding Iraq which is the first thing that turned me against him.

Either the economy is strong or it isn't.

Regardless, whether they were first or second term, this action speaks sfor itself. He's outdone the left in a two terms what they couldn't accomplish since they've made the claim to carry the torch.

We underestimated the abilty of a terrorized society to rebound. But, positives steps are being made, and that is all that counts.

Logical
05-31-2006, 09:27 PM
Either the economy is strong or it isn't.

Stevie as someone who has studied economics a long time and has an MBA I don't know a single book or professor of economics who would agree with that statement.

I don't agree with your third point but it is your opinion. As to the second point that does not address what I asked you which was what has he done since being re-elected to deserve your political support.

stevieray
05-31-2006, 09:35 PM
Stevie as someone who has studied economics a long time and has an MBA I don't know a single book or professor of economics who would agree with that statement.

I don't agree with your third point but it is your opinion. As to the second point that does not address what I asked you which was what has he done since being re-elected to deserve your political support.

I heard today the economy is strong.. is it or not?

you are playing semantics on the second point, and downplaying the truth of the matter... and I have to wonder, is that why you worded it that way?

of course it's my opinion... I find it hard to believe that you think only Americans are deserving of a chance at Liberty. Taking out the most dangerous dictator at a time of terror is never a a bad thing.

penchief
05-31-2006, 09:47 PM
I heard today the economy is strong.. is it or not?You're hearing that the economy is strong from those who have a vested interest in convincing you that the economy is strong; the White House and the corporately owned media. But I can tell you based on my dealings with a lot people who live in the real world that things ain't so hot.

I know too many people who have lost their jobs, their overtime pay, or their health insurance. I know too many people who are being squeezed because their income and benefits have been lessened while they've had to pay more for the basics (heat, gasoline, medical care, education, etc.).

of course it's my opinion... I find it hard to beleive that you think only Americans are deserving of a chance at Liberty.

It's interesting that you would support an administration that believes that it's appropriate to "spread liberty" elsewhere while at the same time using that very same reasoning to erode our own liberties at home.

Logical
05-31-2006, 09:52 PM
I heard today the economy is strong.. is it or not?

It is not strong, Reagan's 2nd term and during the first two years of the first Bush the economy was strong. Then we had a bad recession and for two years it was weak. Then it sort of muddled along for two years under Clinton before becoming strong again. Then Bush inherited a muddling economy for his first 9 months before 9/11 put it in the crapper. It has been on a slow recovery pretty much since, but nothing approaching strong.

BucEyedPea
05-31-2006, 09:53 PM
You're hearing that the economy is strong from those who have a vested interest in convincing you that the economy is strong; the White House and the corporately owned media. But I can tell you based on my dealings with a lot people who live in the real world that things ain't so hot.

I know too many people who have lost their jobs, their overtime pay, or their health insurance. I know too many people who are being squeezed because their income and benefits have been lessened while they've had to pay more for the basics (heat, gasoline, medical care, education, etc.).

It's interesting that you would support an administration that believes that it's appropriate to "spread liberty" elsewhere while at the same time using that very same reasoning to erode our own liberties at home.

Boy is this all true. And I see it myself, especially many in my profession.
I'd like to add why should one American die for any foreigner's liberty. That goes too far imo.

stevieray
05-31-2006, 09:56 PM
It is not strong, Reagan's 2nd term and during the first two years of the first Bush the economy was strong. Then we had a bad recession and for two years it was weak. Then it sort of muddled along for two years under Clinton before becoming strong again. Then Bush inherited a muddling economy for his first 9 months before 9/11 put it in the crapper. It has been on a slow recovery pretty much since, but nothing approaching strong.

I don't buy it, Jim.

If the economy wasn't strong, there wouldn't be 12 million illegals working in this country.

Logical
05-31-2006, 09:57 PM
you are playing semantics on the second point, and downplaying the truth of the matter... and I have to wonder, is that why you worded it that way?

....I worded it that way because I felt during his first term he did some good things. His initial response to 9/11 was good. His deposing Saddam might have been good had we simply left the country and gave them aide to rebuild themselves rather than setting up shop so every terrorist would be attracted there to turn the country into a swamp of terrorist activity. I said it that way because he has done nothing good in his second term that I can think of.

Logical
05-31-2006, 10:02 PM
I don't buy it. Jim.

If the economy wasn't strong, there wouldn't be 12 million illegals working in this country.That is just silly, I don't even know how to respond.

You do know that even though most are making less than minimum wage they make in an hour here what they would make in a full days work in Mexico doing labor that 95% of all Americans would not consider performing.

Strong would mean a strong housing market, low inflation, a big increase in real income (it has actually went down every year Bush has been in office), a booming Stock Market not a borderline Bear market. Interest rates that were holding steady or slightly decreasing not increasing to head off inflation. Not a weak dollar which we have against most world currencies especially the Euro and Pound.

stevieray
05-31-2006, 10:03 PM
You're hearing that the economy is strong from those who have a vested interest in convincing you that the economy is strong; the White House and the corporately owned media. But I can tell you based on my dealings with a lot people who live in the real world that things ain't so hot.

The more you post the more I wonder why I even engage you in conversation. I won't make the same mistake again.

did you blame your wife for your divorce too?

stevieray
05-31-2006, 10:05 PM
that 95% of all Americans would not consider performing.

even more miracolous that he econmy is strong, even though you validate such actions.

Logical
05-31-2006, 10:05 PM
did you blame your wife for your divorce too?LOL you either unintentionally made a hillarious statement or you really don't realize that almost everyone who gets divorced blames it on the spouse. The exceptions are especially rare.

BucEyedPea
05-31-2006, 10:07 PM
That is just silly, I don't even know how to respond.

You do know that even though most are making less than minimum wage they make in an hour here what they would make in a full days work in Mexico doing labor that 95% of all Americans would not consider performing.

Strong would mean a strong housing market, low inflation, a big increase in real income (it has actually went down every year Bush has been in office), a booming Stock Market not a borderline Bear market. Interest rates that were holding steady or slightly decreasing not increasing to head off inflation. Not a weak dollar which we have against most world currencies especially the Euro and Pound.

Don't forget that our debt is being paid by foreigners...such as China.
If they lose faith in American dollars we won't be sittin' pretty.

stevieray
05-31-2006, 10:07 PM
LOL you either unintentionally made a hillarious statement or you really don't realize that almost everyone who gets divorced blames it on the spouse. The exceptions are especially rare.

Logical's mantra .."negative validates negatives".

Logical
05-31-2006, 10:08 PM
even more miracolous that he econmy is strong, even though you validate such actions.

Stevie, seriously you should take an economics class if you have some spare time. By all and I do mean all measures the economy is not strong, it is also not weak yet. It is like a car that is idling. It is not really going anywhere nor is the engine going to die at any moment.

stevieray
05-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Don't forget that our debt is being paid by foreigners...such as China.
If they lose faith in American dollars we won't be sittin' pretty.

..or foreigners don't pay debts, another reason we aren't "sittin' pretty"

penchief
05-31-2006, 10:09 PM
I worded it that way because I felt during his first term he did some good things. His initial response to 9/11 was good. His deposing Saddam might have been good had we simply left the country and gave them aide to rebuild themselves rather than setting up shop so every terrorist would be attracted there to turn the country into a swamp of terrorist activity. I said it that way because he has done nothing good in his second term that I can think of.

His secondary initial response to 9/11 was good; fantastic, actually.

But let's not forget that his initial response to 9/11 was sitting there in that classroom waiting for instruction from his puppeteers. And don't forget that he spent the next two days flying across the country and hiding out in silos in the midwest while America was reeling and in need of Clinton-like leadership while he was nowhere to be seen or heard.

In truth, his initial response to 9/11 was weak and cowardly, IMO.

That said, I'll give him all the credit in the world for his performance at Ground Zero. He hit a home run and we needed it. Unfortunately, the trust we gave him based on that performance was exploited for political purposes and frittered away.

JMO.

Logical
05-31-2006, 10:10 PM
Logical's mantra .."negative validates negatives".That is just the way things are Stevie it is human nature to blame the other person when something between two people goes sour. I am merely making an observation of the obvious.

stevieray
Stevie, seriously you should take an economics class if you have some spare time. By all and I do mean all measures the economy is not strong, it is also not weak yet. It is like a car that is idling. It is not really going anywhere nor is the engine going to die at any moment.

you can only hope, Jim. Bad news is good news, now that you've made your "switch".

stevieray
That is just the way things are Stevie it is human nature to blame the other person when something between two people goes sour. I am merely making an observation of the obvious.

logicals new mantra.. two wrongs make a right.

Logical
05-31-2006, 10:14 PM
you can only hope, Jim. Bad news is good news, now that you've made your "switch".Nothing wrong with an idling economy, the danger is that it can just as easily go south as go positive. People can still earn a living in an idling economy, they can still improve themselves if they are willing to work harder. A strong economy will carry them along for the ride improving their financial health while the do nothing extra or even less.

stevieray
05-31-2006, 10:36 PM
Nothing wrong with an idling economy, the danger is that it can just as easily go south as go positive. People can still earn a living in an idling economy, they can still improve themselves if they are willing to work harder. A strong economy will carry them along for the ride improving their financial health while the do nothing extra or even less.

C'mon Jim, the happiness isn't guaranteed, the pursuit is, if it was, it wouldn't be worth anything.

Logical
05-31-2006, 10:41 PM
C'mon Jim, the happiness isn't guaranteed, the pursuit is, if it was, it wouldn't be worth anything.Last time I checked we were talking economics which might be about prosperity but not happiness.

stevieray
05-31-2006, 10:43 PM
Last time I checked we were talking economics which might be about prosperity but not happiness.

Ask Japanese automakers about prosperity and pursuit.

BTW, I'm curious why you are reluctant to ask my personal reasons, considering this forum is nothing short of personal.

Logical
05-31-2006, 10:50 PM
Ask Japanese automakers about prosperity and pursuit.

BTW, I'm curious why you are reluctant to ask my personal reasons, considering this forum is nothing short of personal.Because I have always thought you wanted to keep some things private and I am willing to respect that. If you want to share please go ahead.

stevieray
05-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Because I have always thought you wanted to keep some things private and I am willing to respect that. If you want to share please go ahead.

Barbara Bush. You see the glory of every man in his wife.

Plus the fact that any man would take on the responsibility of being President of this country in this age demands respect.

There is not one person on this board who could fill those shoes.

Earthling
05-31-2006, 11:14 PM
Just my own personal opinion...George Bush has been bad for America, period. At least the future is looking brighter, in that the next President will have to be better...Just couldn't get any worse.

Logical
05-31-2006, 11:16 PM

Plus the fact that any man would take on the responsibility of being President of this country in this age demands respect.

There is not one person on this board who could fill those shoes.Do you mean Laura?

stevieray
05-31-2006, 11:18 PM
Do you mean Laura?

Yes...I'm tired.

patteeu
05-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Well, I respect your opinion but in the same post you claim to respect both his vision and his evolving policy. When it comes to the facts surrounding his policy in Iraq I'd say that evolving vision is a bit of an oxymoron.

There is nothing inconsistent with having vision and having a policy that evolves to meet ever changing challenges.

patteeu
05-31-2006, 11:50 PM

He appointed the first black woman to be SecState during his second term.

patteeu
05-31-2006, 11:55 PM
And don't forget that he spent the next two days flying across the country and hiding out in silos in the midwest while America was reeling and in need of Clinton-like leadership while he was nowhere to be seen or heard.

:Lin:

Ugly Duck
05-31-2006, 11:57 PM
It don't do no good to support or not-support the guy cuz he ain't the president. Can't blame the poor dufus.... he just tries to do what he is told.

stevieray
06-01-2006, 12:20 AM
It don't do no good to support or not-support the guy cuz he ain't the president. Can't blame the poor dufus.... he just tries to do what he is told.

Still not as pathetic as being a raider fan hanging on a Chiefs forum to discuss politics. the desperation must be excruciating.

Dave Lane
06-01-2006, 01:27 AM

Now that is reason for impeachment right there. I was considering a lawsuit for damage to my retinas frm BB.

I agree just like Bill Clinton

There is not one person on this board who could fill those shoes.

Actually I could think of several. At least if Bust is the bar for sucess.

Dave

keg in kc
06-01-2006, 04:33 AM
I think history will show this as one of the worst administrations that the United States has ever had, and the last 8 years will be seen as a turning point in our nation's history. Whether that turning point is defined by the fall he's orchestrated or the recovery his successor(s) engineer, be they Republican or Democrat or something else (I wish...) I don't know. I hope it's the latter.

memyselfI
06-01-2006, 05:02 AM
ROFL

I love that. I'm going to use it.

NO. He's a complete disaster. But I'm soooooooooo very happy he got re-elected and could finish his job of ruining this country. I think it was the ONLY way many people would come to see him for what he is. It's to bad the rest of us, who thought he sucked a LONG time ago, had to be dragged down with them.

I shudder to think of what Pres. Kerry would be doing right now with a CON controlled Congress and the War in Iraq being a quagmire that tied his hands in other areas. No, even though the status quo is worse short term it's better in the long run. Perhaps people will be so disgusted that the CON movement will be stopped in it's tracks, if not that, then lose some serious steam.

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 09:49 AM
He's no liberal. He's a bought-and-paid-for narrow-minded lackey for corporate interests. Period.

Calling him a liberal is an insult to all progressives.

Two sides of the same icky coin - out to screw the average joe whenever and wherever they can.

And yes, it was an insult. A deserved insult.

Mr. Laz
06-01-2006, 10:11 AM

**** 'im.
he's not a freakin liberal ... he's not a conservative either

there are points on either side of the political spectrum to be admired

conservative

1. financial responsibility
2. less intrusive federal government
3. harder line foreign policy

liberal

1. personal freedoms
2. compassionate democracy/social responsibility
3. environmental awareness

Bush threw out all the good stuff from either side and did his best imitation of darth vader.

i can't think of a worse administration in my life

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 10:15 AM
he's not a freakin liberal ... he's not a conservative either

there are points on either side of the political spectrum to be admired

conservative

1. financial responsibility
2. less intrusive federal government

liberal

1. personnel freedom
2. compassionate democracy/social responsibility
3. environmental awareness

Bush threw out all the good stuff from either side and did his best imitation of darth vader.

i can't think of a worse administration in my life

Good point.

banyon
06-01-2006, 11:45 AM
..or foreigners don't pay debts, another reason we aren't "sittin' pretty"

What does this have to do with anything?

Our net foreign indebtedness is increasing, not decreasing.

BucEyedPea
06-01-2006, 11:49 AM
conservative

I don't think this is conservative.
Certainly no paleo-conservative.
I'd say this is NeoConservative...and fits O'Reilly somewhat.

liberal

1. personnel freedom
Personnel?
Oiy...you mean more employee rights?

ct
06-01-2006, 11:51 AM
absolutely no

greg63
06-01-2006, 11:55 AM

He is busting our Republic's Checks and Balances to centralize power in the Executive Branch.

He is busting the conservative cause with his economic and faith based initiatives, are the current Republicans really representative of conservativism, I say no.

He is busting down the efforts to truly pay for stopping terrorism by having the funds diverted from National Security programs to building Iraq.

Bush now equals Bust.

I bet his dad is proud.

Yes, ashamedly, I did; and not a day goes by that I am not sorry that I did. :shake:

BCD
06-01-2006, 11:58 AM
I voted for him last time. I've been unimpressed, lately. 2 1/2 years to go. Wonder what clowns the party's are gonna put up for us?

BCD
06-01-2006, 12:01 PM
No way, man. Bush hates black people...
:)

StcChief
06-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Considering the Choice of John sKerry. Not even close.

Bush has made some mistakes,
sKerry would likey have pulled the troops and civil war in Iraq breaks out. Terrorist take over.

Now we wasted all the time/money there, we look like tools to world for ducking out.

Iraq, Iran are now worse problems, no one can trust us to go back and help. Gutless UN won't due anything.

That sounds like a plan....to make the world worse put our head in sand and not be a world leader country....

Have to gut this war out, let Iraq have a chance as a country.

Sticking with Bush now. 2008 should be interesting.

Amnorix
06-01-2006, 12:06 PM

**** 'im.

:shake: Don't group him with us. We don't want him, and don't agree with about 98% of what he has done.

Logical
06-01-2006, 01:43 PM
I think history will show this as one of the worst administrations that the United States has ever had, and the last 8 years will be seen as a turning point in our nation's history. Whether that turning point is defined by the fall he's orchestrated or the recovery his successor(s) engineer, be they Republican or Democrat or something else (I wish...) I don't know. I hope it's the latter.Me too keg, me too.

Logical
06-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Considering the Choice of John sKerry. Not even close.

Bush has made some mistakes,
sKerry would likey have pulled the troops and civil war in Iraq breaks out. Terrorist take over.

Now we wasted all the time/money there, we look like tools to world for ducking out.

Iraq, Iran are now worse problems, no one can trust us to go back and help. Gutless UN won't due anything.

That sounds like a plan....to make the world worse put our head in sand and not be a world leader country....

Have to gut this war out, let Iraq have a chance as a country.

Sticking with Bush now. 2008 should be interesting.I remember hearing exactly the same things about Vietnam yet that turned out to be wrong. If anything the region stabilized.

HC_Chief
06-01-2006, 01:49 PM
So what's with the f*cktards adding polical threads to The Lounge? You should get the nuthooks for crap like this :grr:

vailpass
06-01-2006, 01:50 PM
What's the idea? Is this some sort of experiment to see how the normal posters respond to mixing with the moonbats?
Some sort of forced integration policy where the DCers get bused in to the Main district?
Please let it end.

FAX
06-01-2006, 01:52 PM
I think it's a great experiment.

I'm looking forward to seeing how all this resolves itself. Or, not.

FAX

Jayhawkerman2001
06-01-2006, 01:54 PM
I am a huge patriot of this country but the way bush has gone about things this past year or so has definitely shifted my thoughts about him. I definitely think we are better off with bush as president other than kerry, because kerry is an idiot, but i think bush has done a prety shitty job so far. Every president is going to have things you do or dont like, its the way of the game, but theres tons of things i can think of that i really dont like about bush.

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 01:57 PM
What's the idea? Is this some sort of experiment to see how the normal posters respond to mixing with the moonbats?
Some sort of forced integration policy where the DCers get bused in to the Main district?
Please let it end.

Desegregation chief. Get on the bus.

NJ Chief Fan
06-01-2006, 02:01 PM
mother fck george bush i like my presidents dead!

vailpass
06-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Desegregation chief. Get on the bus.

Sorry pal, I own a car and driver so no bus for me. If you insist on bringing THOSE people into this neighborhood I'm going to call my realtor.

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Sorry pal, I own a car and driver so no bus for me. If you insist on bringing THOSE people into this neighborhood I'm going to call my realtor.

ROFL

Logical
06-01-2006, 02:15 PM
mother fck george bush i like my presidents dead!

Brain dead is not close enough for you?

Saulbadguy
06-01-2006, 02:16 PM
No, he's and idiot.

Logical
06-01-2006, 02:18 PM
So what's with the f*cktards adding polical threads to The Lounge? You should get the nuthooks for crap like this :grr:

ROFL The f*cktards are the moderators having some fun. All of these were originally posted in DC and have been moved today. It is great fun though seeing others provide opinions and even the ones just having a coniption fit.

This is the most amusing I have seen the lounge outside of draft day in ages.

shakesthecat
06-01-2006, 02:18 PM
I support Bush more than I do idiots who insist on posting politcal BS in the main forum.

John_Wayne
06-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Why is this thread not in the DC forum?

Logical
06-01-2006, 02:20 PM
I support Bush more than I do idiots who insist on posting politcal BS in the main forum.ROFL Read post 90 please.:p

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Don't get too high, Jim.

I don't want to deal with the consequences when we put you back into your DC cage.

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Why is this thread not in the DC forum?

The DC forum has been abolished.

NJ Chief Fan
06-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Brain dead is not close enough for you?
ROFL

RedDread
06-01-2006, 03:02 PM
The title of this thread should be renamed Logical owns stevierays dumb ass.

Seriously dude, drink more Kool-Aid. You are the epitome of the uninformed electorate.

htismaqe
06-01-2006, 03:04 PM

Seriously dude, drink more Kool-Aid. You are the epitome of the uninformed electorate.

That was uncalled for.

RedDread
06-01-2006, 03:05 PM
That was uncalled for.

But accurate.

Carlota69
06-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Wow, for the most part, there has been nothing but intelligent postings on this thread. A refreshing change for sure. It's nice to see most people disagreeing, yet not attacking each other.

I do not like our President. I did not vote for him either time.

I hate the fact that we tried to impeach Clinton for lying about a blow job, yet Bush lied about Iraq and all kinds of Americans have died becasue of it, yet he isn't in a federal court being asked about that.

I think there are many things going wrong in this country and it will take a very long time to fix.

I feel for our children since they will be left with the mess.

vailpass
06-01-2006, 03:07 PM

HMMMM now why on earth do the vast majority of CPers want these kind of threads walled off in the DC forum?
Boy, I don't know.
Maybe its due to psuedo-intellectual wanna-be-pompous punks like RD here who think their particular political view elevates their human status far above it's actual level.

I'd like to buy you for what you are worth and sell you for what you think you are worth. It would be drinks on hth house for everybody time.

RedDread
06-01-2006, 03:35 PM
HMMMM now why on earth do the vast majority of CPers want these kind of threads walled off in the DC forum?
Boy, I don't know.
Maybe its due to psuedo-intellectual wanna-be-pompous punks like RD here who think their particular political view elevates their human status far above it's actual level.

I'd like to buy you for what you are worth and sell you for what you think you are worth. It would be drinks on hth house for everybody time.

Welcome to the internet!

http://bushbushlol.ytmnd.com/

Logical
06-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Don't get too high, Jim.

I don't want to deal with the consequences when we put you back into your DC cage.

I won't but this has been fun. Say what you will sure seems like volume is up but then again a big change any big change would have likely resulted that way.

Logical
06-01-2006, 04:15 PM

Stevie is a good guy, we occasionally disagree but for the most part we see many things eye to eye. I would not rag on Stevie this way.

stevieray
06-01-2006, 04:24 PM

how is that?

Chiefaholic
06-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Why Yes.... I think there's a VERY good chance larry Johnson will gain 2000 yards this season with herm running the show.

What....err... This is the Lounge, right?

Clint in Wichita
06-01-2006, 04:30 PM
No.

Logical
06-01-2006, 04:32 PM
how is that?He is baiting you Stevie, ignore him. Trust me I know that it is not a valid statement he made.

stevieray
06-01-2006, 04:33 PM
He is baiting you Stevie, ignore him. Trust me I know that it is not a valid statement he made.

:)

Adept Havelock
06-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Nice move, Mods. This is pretty damn humorous. "Oh no, the DC'rs moved in! Quick honey, call the realtor before the property values fall!" ROFL ROFL

As for the topic. I'll always respect the office, but I have no respect for it's current resident. Just a national guard version of Ulysses S. Grant's presidency IMO.

ChiefaRoo
06-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Yes, I support the guy and I think he's a good President. He's fooked up a few times but all of our leaders do, afterall they're just people.

ChiefaRoo
06-01-2006, 05:31 PM
His secondary initial response to 9/11 was good; fantastic, actually.

But let's not forget that his initial response to 9/11 was sitting there in that classroom waiting for instruction from his puppeteers. And don't forget that he spent the next two days flying across the country and hiding out in silos in the midwest while America was reeling and in need of Clinton-like leadership while he was nowhere to be seen or heard.

In truth, his initial response to 9/11 was weak and cowardly, IMO.

That said, I'll give him all the credit in the world for his performance at Ground Zero. He hit a home run and we needed it. Unfortunately, the trust we gave him based on that performance was exploited for political purposes and frittered away.

JMO.

Umm, he got out of the classroom rather quickly. I mean he knew he was on camera. What did you want him to do stand up and run out of the frame? Secondly he didn't spend two days flying around. He was in Washington that evening and was on TV from the Oval office. He left Florida, went to an AFB in Shreveport, went to Omaha (Norad) and then flew back to Washington. It's the job of the secret service and the military to protect the President and they didn't know how wide spread the attack was that day. You know I don't get some of the people who criticize this guy. If he would of acted like John Wayne and demanded that he be flown back to D.C. without the facts then people would criticize him for being a cowboy.

Now looking back after the fact. I wish we didn't go to Iraq because we found no WMD's. Bush got bad info from the CIA. They didn't do their job well. I do think Bush had a hard on for Saddam but I don't think he would of gone to war if the CIA would of told him that there were NO WMD's. That being said, we're there and now we need to stand up the new Govt. and then bring most of our guys home. We will have bases there in one form or another for years to come (probably like Korea) but that's ok as the Gulf Oil has to be protected just as we have done since the beginning of the ME oil boom.

Mr. Laz
06-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Yes, I support the guy and I think he's a good President. He's fooked up a few times but all of our leaders do, afterall they're just people.

bet you didn't have this happy-happy attitude during the last administration.

ChiefaRoo
06-01-2006, 05:44 PM
bet you didn't have this happy-happy attitude during the last administration.

I didn't think much of Clinton if that's what you mean. I mean he started bullsh*****g us the day he got into office. Remember the tax cut he promised and then re-nigged on while he was running? I did not have sex, Mark Rich, Lincoln bedroom, fookin Monica, just a slimy guy.

That being said ALL President's and politicians fling a certain amount of bullshi* (that's why we have to pay attention to what's going on instead of distracting ourselves with trivial shite) but I thought Bill told too many beautiful lies. Secondly, I really have a personal dislike for Hillary and her politics. She's a mean person (even for a pol) and I'm not much into 60's post modern feminism coupled with feel good socialism.

Right now I'd give Bush a C+ but his legacy will be decided by historians 10 to 20 years from now and his final grade will be tied to the success or failure of Democracy in the ME

Chief Faithful
06-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Bush is a better QB than Clinton.

Adept Havelock
06-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Bush is a better QB than Clinton.
Bush wasn't a QB, he was a Cheerleader. :D

Earthling
06-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Now looking back after the fact. I wish we didn't go to Iraq because we found no WMD's. Bush got bad info from the CIA. They didn't do their job well.

And yet Tenet gets the Congressional Medal of Honor...Has Bush EVER disciplined a "team player" ?

Adept Havelock
06-01-2006, 06:47 PM
And yet Tenet gets the Congressional Medal of Honor...Has Bush EVER disciplined a "team player" ?

Uhh....no. The CMH is the highest Military decoration. Tenet got the Medal of Freedom, the highest Civilian medal. And the answer to your question is no.

Simply Red
06-01-2006, 06:50 PM
I support him 100%

But obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that.

JOhn
06-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Yes.

But as with all presidents I have voted for, he has made mistakes, as any person will.

To put it in perspective, I like him 10 times more than Clinton, but significantly less than Reagan, and only slightly more than Bush #1

Earthling
06-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Uhh....no. The CMH is the highest Military decoration. Tenet got the Medal of Freedom, the highest Civilian medal. And the answer to your question is no.

Thank you for the clarification.

mcan
06-01-2006, 07:22 PM
I don't think he is a bad guy.

I don't think he lied about the war.

I don't think he is selfish or has self preservation as a goal.

BUT.

He's a terrible communicator. Therefore, he's a terrible leader. Add to that the beating that he's taking over our involvement in IRAQ, and now over half the country honestly HATES him. How could anybody be an effective leader when most people HATE them so passionately?

ChiefsFanatic
06-01-2006, 09:04 PM

Bush now equals Bust.

I bet his dad is proud.

I think that Dubya is the worst President this country has ever had.

KILLER_CLOWN
06-01-2006, 09:15 PM
I support Bush just as I did Clinton, because he is our president beyond that he's selling us down the river and I want a TRUE conservative in there. I am actually starting to dislike him more than a die hard liberal, cuz at least i know what they stand for.

Mark M
06-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Well ... let's see here ...

Domestic policy? A cluster****.

Foreign policy? El cluster****ero.

The budget? Ginormou$ clu$ter****?

Education? A cuslterfukc.

Health care? A **cough** clust **coughgagwheeze** er ** hack** fu____________

The military? Huge cluster**** ran by a cluster**** that's ****ing brave men and women who don't deserve to get ****ed.

The War Against Terror (or whatever they're calling it now)? A cluster**** that will wind up ****ing us all.

Basically, as a leader, he ****ing sucks like absolutely few leaders (if any) have ever ****ing sucked before.

At this point, impeachment wouldn't be anywhere near justice. Too bad the Dems don't yet have the testicular fortitude, organization, or message to bring to the American people to make enough of a difference.

MM
~~:banghead:

Logical
06-02-2006, 04:28 AM
At this point, impeachment wouldn't be anywhere near justice. Too bad the Dems don't yet have the testicular fortitude, organization, or message to bring to the American people to make enough of a difference.

MM
~~:banghead:Yup

Brock
06-02-2006, 11:07 AM
He should be pretty easy to bring down. What's the hold up, democrats?

Taco John
06-02-2006, 11:27 AM
November elections is the hold up... They don't have the votes right now to really do anything.

HC_Chief
06-02-2006, 11:37 AM
November elections is the hold up... They don't have the votes right now to really do anything.

It would be political suicide for the democrats if they pursue impeachment. The backlash would be legendary. If you dems are fed up with the one-party rule now, with the repubs as the "one party", just imagine an even <i>greater</i> repub majority... that's what will happen if Pelosi & Co try to push impeachment proceeding thru.

banyon
06-02-2006, 12:38 PM
It would be political suicide for the democrats if they pursue impeachment. The backlash would be legendary. If you dems are fed up with the one-party rule now, with the repubs as the "one party", just imagine an even <i>greater</i> repub majority... that's what will happen if Pelosi & Co try to push impeachment proceeding thru.

I'm not sure this is true. There wasn't a tremendous backlash against the Repubs when they did it in 1998.

I think it would heavily depend upon what came out in such proceedings as to what people thought about them.