PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Chicks album debuts at #1

memyselfI
05-31-2006, 05:25 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060531/nyw075.html?.v=52

Good for the girls!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

beer bacon
05-31-2006, 05:26 PM
WHAT AN EXCELLENT TOPIC FOR AN ENTIRE THREAD.

Sure-Oz
05-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Wow, how many actually give a shit though? i'll admit i was hoping for some scandily clad pics if anything.

JBucc
05-31-2006, 05:35 PM
Ok then.

Bootlegged
WHAT AN EXCELLENT TOPIC FOR AN ENTIRE THREAD.

Her motivations lie here.. as always, a political post.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=2314830&mesg_id=2314830

Mr. Laz
Wow, how many actually give a shit though? i'll admit i was hoping for some scandily clad pics if anything.

lead singer has lost a bunch of weight

Rain Man
05-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Politics aside, I really like their music. The two pretty ones just need to get the fat, ugly one to shut up when she's not singing.

Cochise
05-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Politics aside, I really like their music. The two pretty ones just need to get the fat, ugly one to shut up when she's not singing.

Those two are quite nice :drool:

cookster50
05-31-2006, 05:40 PM

I'd hit that.........with a baseball bat to the head!

recxjake
05-31-2006, 05:52 PM
they suck

seclark
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
because it's my riight, i'd like to say i don't give a f@ck.
sec

keg in kc
05-31-2006, 06:21 PM
I'll file this away with all the other threads I don't give a shit about.

BWillie
05-31-2006, 06:27 PM
What is sad is how alot of country radio station refuse to play their music because of their political views. Basically, all they said was "We are ashamed that the president is from Texas" at a concert in London. This wasn't a very smart thing to do because they should of realized that most of their fans were extreme right wing conservatives but I certainly don't think they should be chastised for their opinion. If they weren't in the genre of country music nobody would care, and there would be no political issue.

SNR
05-31-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm all for turning this into a random picture thread. I'll start.

Bootlegged
05-31-2006, 06:39 PM
What is sad is how alot of country radio station refuse to play their music because of their political views. Basically, all they said was "We are ashamed that the president is from Texas" at a concert in London. This wasn't a very smart thing to do because they should of realized that most of their fans were extreme right wing conservatives but I certainly don't think they should be chastised for their opinion. If they weren't in the genre of country music nobody would care, and there would be no political issue.

Thank you CAPT OBVIOUS.

mikey23545
05-31-2006, 06:48 PM
The c*nts should stay in England.

mikey23545
05-31-2006, 06:58 PM
BTW, in a "it's a small world" category of anecdotes, not too long ago, my wife's niece broke up with a fellow who lives out in Hollywood and is trying hit it big in films (he has actually already had a few small parts, in Bad Boys II among others)...Not long after moving from Florida to Hollywood, he actually stumbled into a sweet gig...House-sitting for Natalie Maines while her and her fellow c*nts were out on tour....This guy, who is fairly liberal himself, described Ms. Maines with the same four letter word I've been using for her. Said she is one of the most arrogant, condescending, egotistical shrews he's ever had the displeasure of meeting.

For whatever it's worth...

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-31-2006, 06:59 PM
Once again proving that the American public and musical taste have nothing in common.

Adept Havelock
05-31-2006, 07:18 PM
Good for them. I've never really given a flying f**k about the politics of an entertainer. I'm also inclined to laugh my ass off at those that obsess over an entertainer or actors views or statements, pro or con.

That said, I always liked their Entertainment Weekly cover. Two of them are quite attractive, IMO. :thumb:

beavis
05-31-2006, 07:27 PM
Two of them are quite attractive, IMO. :thumb:
The one on the left looks like she got kicked by a donkey.

Adept Havelock
05-31-2006, 07:36 PM
The one on the left looks like she got kicked by a donkey.

I guess I just don't see it.. :shrug:

alpha_omega
05-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Shouldn't this thread be in the music subforum?

slivo6
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060531/nyw075.html?.v=52

Good for the girls!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Did it release at #1 in North Korea, Iran, or some other freedom hating country??? Sure can't be the USA.

jspchief
I guess I just don't see it.. :shrug:I drink that stuff religiously.

jspchief
05-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Personally, I like most of the Dixie Chicks' past work.

I'm not a fan of anyone that trashes our president, especially while on foreign soil. But I don't think it will ever drive me to boycott their music.

Adept Havelock
05-31-2006, 07:42 PM
I drink that stuff religiously.

Does that make you an Orthodox Donkeyist? :p

Never tried it. What's it taste like? I'm a bit of an old duffer, and my idea of an "energy" drink is to put a couple of extra scoops in the coffee maker, or brew some really strong "Morning Thunder" or Irish Breakfast Tea.

Iowanian
05-31-2006, 07:47 PM
I hope she gets depressed, eats herself to 250lbs, loses all of her money on a bad investment and spends the remainder of her life as a clerk at Lane Giant.

Eff them.

jspchief
05-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Does that make you an Orthodox Donkeyist? :p

Never tried it. What's it taste like? I'm a bit of an old duffer, and my idea of an "energy" drink is to put a couple of extra scoops in the coffee maker, or brew some really strong "Morning Thunder" or Irish Breakfast Tea.I would say it tastes like a sweet-tart. It's less sweet than most energy drinks, that's what I like about it. It also doesn't give me the gutrot that a lot of them do. I don't do caffeine well, so I'm assuming it doesn't have a lot of caffeine in it.

FAX
05-31-2006, 07:51 PM
You know, we didn't go out to see MI3 because the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX and I just decided not to fork over our money to what's-his-name because he's such a tool. I think I'll apply the same logic to the d-chicks.

For the price of that album, I could probably buy a month's supply of Hamburger Helper. Or, send another check to the new vet rehab center.

FAX

DJay23
05-31-2006, 07:53 PM
That blonde fiddler would walk funny after I was done with her :drool:

Simplex3
05-31-2006, 08:15 PM
http://www.ruralnetwork.net/~newsroom/random_0803_minihorse.jpg

Simplex3
05-31-2006, 08:16 PM
http://www.ruralnetwork.net/~newsroom/random_0803_bowlers.jpg

Simplex3
05-31-2006, 08:17 PM
http://www.personal.rdg.ac.uk/~sssogadr/afp/ccde03/t78_random_liz.jpg

Simplex3
05-31-2006, 08:19 PM
http://img1.travelblog.org/Photos/2246/19645/f/89772-Random-0.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
I hope she gets depressed, eats herself to 250lbs, loses all of her money on a bad investment and spends the remainder of her life as a clerk at Lane Giant.

Eff them.You can't be that jealous.

Simplex3
Oh, and thanks so much for another "contribution" to the Lounge. Just enough that is just far enough outside of political s**t that you don't get banned.

melbar
05-31-2006, 08:36 PM

The problem is saying something like that overseas while our troups lives are in danger in a foreign country . That gives aid to the enemy. You know like when Kerry encouraged the Vietnamese to stick with the war. :shake:

I used to love the Dixie Chicks . Now I cant leave the radio on the same station when they come on. Just like Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon have forever ruined Bull Durham for me. Its not a political statement on my part, I just have such disrespect for their wild views that I cant look at them without thinking about their views. I wish I could. Luckily the guy serving me a Big Mac at McDonalds doesnt lecture me on his beliefs before handing me my food . I think his views are just as relavent and appropriate to my dining experience .

ChiefaRoo
05-31-2006, 08:45 PM

I don't think most of the Dixie Chicks past/present fans are "extreme right wing conservatives" I think they're mainstream conservatives who make us the 60 Million plus people who have voted Bush and the Republicans to power for the past several election cycles.

The bottom line it's their right to say whatever they want but they insulted mainstream country America and that's stupid as it relates to their business.

Adept Havelock
05-31-2006, 09:34 PM
I don't think most of the Dixie Chicks past/present fans are "extreme right wing conservatives" I think they're mainstream conservatives who make us the 60 Million plus people who have voted Bush and the Republicans to power for the past several election cycles.

The bottom line it's their right to say whatever they want but they insulted mainstream country America and that's stupid as it relates to their business.
Yep, that must be why their CD is #1 on Amazon. Really stupid. :rolleyes:

Iowanian
08-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Ooopsy Poooopsy.
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=229934&GT1=7702

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Several concerts on the Dixie Chicks' "Accidents & Accusations" tour have been canceled after slow ticket sales, but the group says it has replaced them with other dates.

Kansas City, Houston, St. Louis, Memphis and Knoxville are among 14 cities no longer on the original schedule released in May, according to a revised itinerary posted Thursday on the Dixie Chick's Web site.

Other shows, including Nashville, Los Angeles, Denver and Phoenix, have been pushed back to later dates.

memyselfI
08-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Ooopsy Poooopsy.
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=229934&GT1=7702

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Several concerts on the Dixie Chicks' "Accidents & Accusations" tour have been canceled after slow ticket sales, but the group says it has replaced them with other dates.

Kansas City, Houston, St. Louis, Memphis and Knoxville are among 14 cities no longer on the original schedule released in May, according to a revised itinerary posted Thursday on the Dixie Chick's Web site.

Other shows, including Nashville, Los Angeles, Denver and Phoenix, have been pushed back to later dates.

And this proves what?

That their 'redneck'* and RWNJ fans can hold a grudge and will spend $15.00 (or DL for free on Limewire) for their CD but don't want to spend $50.00 for a ticket.

Do you buy concert tickets to every band of which you purchase a CD?

*Natalie's very astute observation and description.

beavis
08-08-2006, 03:57 PM
And this proves what?

That their 'redneck'* and RWNJ fans can hold a grudge and will spend $15.00 (or DL for free on Limewire) for their CD but don't want to spend $50.00 for a ticket.

I thought it was just confirmation that they are a trio of no talent assclowns.

Cochise
08-08-2006, 04:03 PM
So when their album sells, their fans are enlightened, progressive, open-minded connoisseurs of the art form. But when they can't put enough people in an arena to afford turning the lights on, their fans are slackjawed redneck RWNJ's. I see.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2006, 04:17 PM
So when their album sells, their fans are enlightened, progressive, open-minded connoisseurs of the art form. But when they can't put enough people in an arena to afford turning the lights on, their fans are slackjawed redneck RWNJ's. I see.

Indeed.

mlyonsd
08-08-2006, 05:40 PM
And this proves what?

It proves that their old base still hasn't forgiven them.

Iowanian
08-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Well superchunk,

If this is your view, what were you doing the truffle shuffle for when beginning this thread? Is it that their "Astute, informed progressive fans" are the only ones who can afford their albums, but can't afford to attend their conferences? You know...the hairy arm pitted, college vegan ruts that braid your backhair?

Or does it show that however the original numbers were skewed, you were incorrect and their true fan base would prefer they were fiddling for dollars out in front of the Lane Giant that Maines was clerking?

And this proves what?

Lurch
08-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Dixie Chicks? Check their concert attendance records from before they shot their mouth off, to now when they are having to reschedule concerts or cancel concerts. That's all you need to know.

Not ready to make nice, eh? Well fukk you too, bitch.

Warrior5
08-09-2006, 07:00 AM
http://www.ruralnetwork.net/~newsroom/random_0803_minihorse.jpg

I see you attended family day at Denver's training camp.

Radar Chief
08-09-2006, 07:12 AM

:LOL: Perfect. :clap:

stevieray
08-09-2006, 07:39 AM
:LOL: Perfect. :clap:

Exactly. If the "chicks" were number #1 and Bush supporters, I'm sure she'd be their biggest fan.

Must be rough to find your identity through politics.

Velvet_Jones
08-09-2006, 08:09 AM
She's still a wide body. She'd be flippin burgers if it wasn't for the two good lookin ones.

StcChief
08-09-2006, 08:36 AM
#1 not with me....will see how quick it flops.

Cochise
08-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Exactly. If the "chicks" were number #1 and Bush supporters, I'm sure she'd be their biggest fan.

Must be rough to find your identity through politics.

Or to not really have any identity, and instead just walk around fellating whoever serves your purposes at the moment.

Baby Lee
08-09-2006, 08:51 AM
No, I think it's that, buying a CD is an easy way for yuppies to make a statement, but going to a concert would be . . . sweaty, and you might run into a redneck.

Cochise
08-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Anyways, I think the fact that people will buy their CD but don't want to see them in concert reinforces the notion that a lot of consumers really do have the "shut up and sing" attitude towards celebrities.

I think most people who have gone to a number of concerts have been at one where one of the performers starts preaching. I'm sure people expect it's going to happen at a dixie chicks show too, doing that is what got them embroiled in all this in the first place.

I think their fans are staying away because they don't want to hear it. They like country music and will listen to it, but as far as paying $50, $60 a person or more to be browbeat about Bush being de debbil, obviously nobody is after that.

It also seems telling that in country music's most popular regions are where the dates are getting dropped, and shows are being added in Canada instead.

Cochise
08-09-2006, 09:00 AM
No, I think it's that, buying a CD is an easy way for yuppies to make a statement, but going to a concert would be . . . sweaty, and you might run into a redneck.

"They say Bush sucks on the record? must spend $15!!!"

And in the same vein, if you pair the Dixie Chicks up with Neil Young on a tour or something, I bet they would go over well with the audience.

Velvet_Jones
08-09-2006, 10:34 AM
That fat one is real short too. Im nuts over her. Literally.

Velvet

Iowanian
08-13-2006, 10:14 PM
I heard a former #1 song by the dixie's about the threadstarter's cranium and the end in which it is stored.

Wiiiiiide open spaaaaaaaaaces.

Demonpenz
08-13-2006, 11:23 PM

kaye west?

Amnorix
08-14-2006, 06:30 AM
BTW, in a "it's a small world" category of anecdotes, not too long ago, my wife's niece broke up with a fellow who lives out in Hollywood and is trying hit it big in films (he has actually already had a few small parts, in Bad Boys II among others)...Not long after moving from Florida to Hollywood, he actually stumbled into a sweet gig...House-sitting for Natalie Maines while her and her fellow c*nts were out on tour....This guy, who is fairly liberal himself, described Ms. Maines with the same four letter word I've been using for her. Said she is one of the most arrogant, condescending, egotistical shrews he's ever had the displeasure of meeting.

For whatever it's worth...

As little as the rest of your posts, actually...

carlos3652
08-14-2006, 07:55 AM
kaye west?

Bush Hates black people!!!!Oneeleven111!

go bowe
08-14-2006, 11:38 AM
As little as the rest of your posts, actually...oh snap!!!!!!!1!

Cntrygal
08-14-2006, 05:40 PM
The radio stations here don't refuse to play the skanks, they did a poll and let the listeners decide if they should "give this latest album a chance".

I have yet to hear one song from the album - and I'm pretty happy about that.

Jilly
08-14-2006, 05:47 PM
The radio stations here don't refuse to play the skanks, they did a poll and let the listeners decide if they should "give this latest album a chance".

I have yet to hear one song from the album - and I'm pretty happy about that.

"Skanks" - that's a great description of them for having a differing political view.

I have a real problem with the typical country music listener. Honestly, it's not the greatest album they've done, but it's not bad, if you listen to music because, you know, you like music.

Cntrygal
08-14-2006, 05:55 PM
"Skanks" - that's a great description of them for having a differing political view.

I have a real problem with the typical country music listener. Honestly, it's not the greatest album they've done, but it's not bad, if you listen to music because, you know, you like music.

I thought they were skanks long before they made any political comments.

Mosbonian
08-14-2006, 07:26 PM

OK..."typical" Country Music listener here...please enlighten me as to what kind of problem we are causing for you.

As for my opinion of the Dixie Chicks....they are too angry to put out good music that the average Country Music fan would like.

I didn't buy the new CD because I didn't get the urge to listen to them be childish....I might miss some good music, but their idea to push the album with "Not Ready to Make Nice" didn't set right with me.

mmaddog

ChiefsCountry
08-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Last night at the Trace Adkins/Chris Cagle concert, they menionted the Dixie Chicks during one of the songs and they got booed. None of the country stations I listen to play them anymore.

Also I agree with mmaddog on the Chicks being angry and I am a typical country music listener as well. The Chicks screwed themselves basically, not so much with the Bush commented but going after the pro-soliders group, which majority of the country is for. Pro-soliders is not pro-war, its supporting the troops where ever any of our leaders send them Iraq, Kosiva etc.

Jilly
08-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Music is music regardless of people's political views. If you like the music for the music, none of that matters. Raw anger or joy or compassion or whatever raw emotion it is produces some of the most real and honest music there is. "Not ready to make nice" comes out of incredible pain, you can hear it EVERY time she sings it and that, to me, makes it great music.

I'm sorry about the harsh judgment about the "Typical " country music listener...I often feel like those who listen to that type of music listen to it because it is defined as "country" music and not because it holds artistic value for them.

Iowanian
08-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Its pretty tough to take someone named Jilly very seriously. I'd suggest Jilldo instead.

I'm sure you garnered your opinion of country music fans at the mall, while sharing a cherry red glitter lipstick with Buffie, whose boyfriend totally looks good in bluejeans did I tell you my fat pants don't fit anymore I really have to start shopping at the gap but will totally cut the carbs before I have to buy heifer clothes at lane giant, anyway country people are like totally disconnected with the real world.

melbar
08-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Music is music regardless of people's political views. If you like the music for the music, none of that matters. Raw anger or joy or compassion or whatever raw emotion it is produces some of the most real and honest music there is. "Not ready to make nice" comes out of incredible pain, you can hear it EVERY time she sings it and that, to me, makes it great music.

I'm sorry about the harsh judgment about the "Typical " country music listener...I often feel like those who listen to that type of music listen to it because it is defined as "country" music and not because it holds artistic value for them.

Thats not incredible pain, thats incredible arrogance. :shake:

Cochise
08-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Oh... I'm a world-famous millionaire recording artist... oh my incredible pain... :deevee:

Jilly
08-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Its pretty tough to take someone named Jilly very seriously. I'd suggest Jilldo instead.

I'm sure you garnered your opinion of country music fans at the mall, while sharing a cherry red glitter lipstick with Buffie, whose boyfriend totally looks good in bluejeans did I tell you my fat pants don't fit anymore I really have to start shopping at the gap but will totally cut the carbs before I have to buy heifer clothes at lane giant, anyway country people are like totally disconnected with the real world.

Wow, it's almost as if you know me, I mean, really know me.
:rolleyes:

Jilly
08-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Oh... I'm a world-famous millionaire recording artist... oh my incredible pain... :deevee:

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize money was that powerful. :shrug:

Mosbonian
08-15-2006, 07:28 PM

It's not their political views that turn me off to listening to TDC....it's their childish response after their fans expressed their views. Natalie shot off her mouth and expected that there would be no repercussions...and when the fans let her know what they thought, she and the girls pouted.

What incredible pain did Natalie Maines feel? She was cocooned by the people who came to her "rescue" vilifying those people who would have the audacity to exercise the same privilege she did with her statement.

Sorry....she doesn't even begin to know the true pain that most of her fans feel on a regular basis...you know the daily struggles to make ends meet on a paycheck that probably matches what MS. Maines wastes in a 2 hour span.

mmaddog

Radar Chief
08-16-2006, 06:59 AM
It's not their political views that turn me off to listening to TDC....it's their childish response after their fans expressed their views. Natalie shot off her mouth and expected that there would be no repercussions...and when the fans let her know what they thought, she and the girls pouted.

What incredible pain did Natalie Maines feel? She was cocooned by the people who came to her "rescue" vilifying those people who would have the audacity to exercise the same privilege she did with her statement.

Sorry....she doesn't even begin to know the true pain that most of her fans feel on a regular basis...you know the daily struggles to make ends meet on a paycheck that probably matches what MS. Maines wastes in a 2 hour span.

mmaddog

Rep to mmaddog. :thumb:
Theyre perfectly welcome to their opinions, but I found it sadly humorous how fast their fans became dumb, hick rednecks as soon as they quit buyn their CDs.