PDA

View Full Version : The President Cares about our troops

Taco John
06-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Someone at the Mane posted this and I had to share...

Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq.

To everyone's amazement, all of the color ran from Bush's face, then he collapsed onto his desk, head in hands, visibly shaken, almost whimpering.

Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?"

banyon
06-03-2006, 01:39 AM
On a weird note, so does Cher.

The buzz
Cher’s C-SPAN moment

Cher called C-SPAN’s “Washington Journal” the other day at 4:20 a.m. her time: “Hello? This is Malibu, California. I’m going to try to be really calm while I’m talking about this ...”

She then launched into a passionate argument for helmet safety upgrades for troops.

Host Steve Scully recognized her voice and asked: “Is this Cher?”

“Yeah.”

More Cher: “I know that I am an entertainer and from Hollywood and should have no conscience, but I am an American, and I just cannot bear these people for another moment.”

Her new cause is Operation Helmet. She told C-SPAN she’ll make a Capitol Hill appearance June 14.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/nation/14719861.htm

Hate her music, but this is a good move.

Ultra Peanut
06-03-2006, 01:51 AM
Someone at the Mane posted this and I had to share...

Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq.

To everyone's amazement, all of the color ran from Bush's face, then he collapsed onto his desk, head in hands, visibly shaken, almost whimpering.

Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?""Bush is an idiot" humor is beyond passe, but that's fairly amusing.

Lake
06-03-2006, 09:23 AM
It is only passe because saying that Bush is not very smart it is just like saying that Frankenbarry Bonds might have used steroids.

Mr. Laz
06-04-2006, 12:08 PM
he cares so much about them that he sent them off to die for dubious reasons at best.

go bowe
06-04-2006, 12:14 PM
george bush doesn't like black people...

Bowser
06-04-2006, 02:30 PM
I chortled.

Taco John
06-06-2006, 11:42 PM
It's a pretty good joke...

stevieray
06-06-2006, 11:48 PM
he cares so much about them that he sent them off to die for dubious reasons at best.

volunteer military.

why do liberals always try to shift blame?

jAZ
06-06-2006, 11:49 PM
volunteer military.

Blame the troops? Wow.

stevieray
06-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Blame the troops? Wow.

:rolleyes:

Radar Chief
06-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Old joke. IIRC, I posted this in the joke thread last year.

oldandslow
06-07-2006, 08:37 AM
volunteer military.

Just because you volunteer does not mean that you should be sent to an unjustified war.

Your argument is silly.

stevieray
06-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Just because you volunteer does not mean that you should be sent to an unjustified war.

Your argument is silly.

Your argument is silly.

Claiming it as unjustified is an opinion being presented as "fact". Every soldier knows what is at risk when they take the oath and sign the paper.

Adept Havelock
06-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Your argument is silly.

Claiming it as unjustified is an opinion being presented as "fact". Every soldier knows what is at risk when they take the oath and sign the paper.

And when a leader sends that soldier off to fight and die in an ill-advised, ill-planned, undermanned, and under supplied operation, that leadership has broken faith with the soldier who signed up.

That's not silly. That's pathetic. Bordering on criminal.

JMO.

jAZ
06-07-2006, 05:51 PM
And when a leader sends that soldier off to fight and die in an ill-advised, ill-planned, undermanned, and under supplied operation, that leadership has broken faith with the soldier who signed up.

That's not silly. That's pathetic. Bordering on criminal.

JMO.
Soldiers should have planned on such actions by a rogue leader like Bush. Right?

jettio
06-07-2006, 06:35 PM
It would be neat-o if B*sh flew into Baghdad for the Fourth of July. Have some potato salad and set off some roman candles or sparklers.

That 2003 Thanksgiving fly-in was so cool in a really ghey sort of way it is a wonder that he does not do that every couple of months.

jAZ
06-07-2006, 06:50 PM
That 2003 Thanksgiving fly-in was so cool in a really ghey sort of way it is a wonder that he does not do that every couple of months.
Too many RPG's in and around Baghdad Airport.