PDA

View Full Version : KFFL hotwire

blueballs
06-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Chiefs | Holmes will have physical with team
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 12:54:13 -0700

Jason McDaniel, of The Monitor, reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Priest Holmes (neck) will have a physical with the team over the weekend.

Chiefs | Team encouraged by Svitek's progress
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 12:45:30 -0700

Adam Teicher, writing for the Sporting News, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are encouraged by the progress made by OT Will Svitek in NFL Europe. Svitek has good feet, size and athletic ability and the intelligence to play left tackle. While he still has a lot to learn at the position, he appears to be the best candidate to be the eventual successor to OT Willie Roaf.

FAX
06-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Chiefs | Holmes will have physical with team
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 12:54:13 -0700

Jason McDaniel, of The Monitor, reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Priest Holmes (neck) will have a physical with the team over the weekend.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting, Mr. blueballs.

FAX

wazu
06-03-2006, 03:49 PM
I hope he's healthy. It would be great to see him get all the goalline carries.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Great.

LJ doesn't block on third downs and can't jump like the priest can.

Wilson8
06-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Priest Holmes arrived in the Valley on Friday to help out with the South Texas Sports Football & All Sports Summer Camp. The camp kicks off today, with Priest Holmes making an appearance from 8 a.m. to noon at the Body Builderís Gym in McAllen. Holmes took a few minutes for a quick question and answer session.

Q After midseason surgery for head and neck trauma sidelined you for the last eight games in 2005, are you coming back for a 10th season?

A Absolutely. Thatís the plan. Unless I hear otherwise, and the docs say, ĎYou know what, weíre canceling your card, you canít go back and play,í I have every intention to come back and play.

http://www.themonitor.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Template=/GlobalTemplates/Details.cfm&StoryID=13544&Section=Sports

noa
06-04-2006, 12:35 AM
This means we can forget about trading for Michael Bennett.

Wilson8
06-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Chiefs | Holmes planning to return for 2006 season
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 20:02:43 -0700

Jason McDaniel, of The Monitor, reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Priest Holmes (neck) expects to return to the team for the 2006 season. Holmes said, "Unless I hear otherwise, and the docs say, 'You know what, we're canceling your card, you can't go back and play,' I have every intention to come back and play."

chefsos
06-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Priest Holmes arrived in the Valley on Friday to help out with the South Texas Sports Football & All Sports Summer Camp. The camp kicks off today, with Priest Holmes making an appearance from 8 a.m. to noon at the Body Builderís Gym in McAllen. Holmes took a few minutes for a quick question and answer session.

Q After midseason surgery for head and neck trauma sidelined you for the last eight games in 2005, are you coming back for a 10th season?

A Absolutely. Thatís the plan. Unless I hear otherwise, and the docs say, ĎYou know what, weíre canceling your card, you canít go back and play,í I have every intention to come back and play.

http://www.themonitor.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Template=/GlobalTemplates/Details.cfm&StoryID=13544&Section=Sports
1) If Priest really said that, I love it.

2) He had surgery?

Wilson8
06-04-2006, 12:39 AM
Last part of the interview -
Q What was your reaction to seeing your alma mater, Texas, win its first national championship in football since 1970?

A Itís big because it goes all the way back to Earl Campbell in the 70s, the last time there was a national championship. So those doors, ever since even when I was there, had been closed to that type of status in terms of winning. But Iím just excited that UT is exactly where they should be because of all the things that go into it. And I think all the people that were affected by the game, it made a lot of happy individuals here in Texas.

Q What do you think about all the criticism of Vince Young following his spectacular Rose Bowl performance, especially concerning the reported low Wonderlic score?

A I think that in terms of representation, there should have been a little bit more smoke screen behind all that in terms of not allowing certain things to really be said about Vince Young because of what he did for The University of Texas. For him to take the team so far, to the very top, the pinnacle, and then for him to be ridiculed just two months later on a test, I think that was a little bit unfair. But I think that in terms of playing football and being a professional, criticism is one thing that you live with. Itís being your best, and then being criticized for everything that you didnít do right.

Q Ricky Williams made his debut with the Toronto Argonauts in the Canadien Football League on Friday night. Want do you think about your old Texas running mate going north to play football?

A I really donít have much to say about that. I really canít believe it. I really feel bad about the situation because to be able to have the opportunity that heís had and to be able to be a Heisman Trophy winner, I think No. 1 that in itself causes a lot of stress. So many guys say would you trade shoes with him and trade your career for his career, and I would say no. But I donít think anybody could walk in my shoes either. Iíve had numerous injuries. Iíve had to fight back. Iíve played side-by-side with some great running backs and still was able to excel. But to be able to walk in his shoes, I wouldnít want to do it. Iím a little sad about the whole situation, but in terms of him being an adult he has to handle his own situations. Itís just the consequences of what his choices were.

Q After taking over for you last season, Larry Johnson rushed for 1,750 yards and 20 touchdowns in nine starts. Is he already the best running back in football?

A I couldnít give it to him quite yet. He has to get a couple more years under his belt. He has some competition. Shaun Alexander is still there. Tiki Barber killed us last year. He had over 250 yards on us last year and it seemed like nobody could tackle him. But itís like any other great running back, any given day could be your greatest day, and you have to be ready to step up to the plate.

Q You were the consensus No. 1 pick in most fantasy football drafts from 2001 to í04. If you had the top pick in a fantasy league for 2006, who would you take?

A I would pick LaDanian Tomlinson because heís been very consistent over his career and he puts up the big numbers. And Iíve had a chance to meet him, plus heís from Texas. Heís another Texas guy, from Waco, so Iíve got to go with him.

Q How did you come by the name Priest?

A My full name is Priest Anthony Holmes, and in high school everyone called me Anthony. Priest was more of a name that just mainly the family called me. But my mother has yet to tell me that story. I actually have an uncle in New Jersey that knows the whole story because I never met my father. He passed away before I met him. Ö He gave me the name, but I do not know why. I have no idea why.

Wilson8
06-04-2006, 12:47 AM
I can't find any other article that says Priest Holmes had surgery. Makes me wonder if this whole "Monitor" story is bogus.

craneref
06-04-2006, 12:51 AM
Priest said LT from SD instead of LJ from KC as his first pick in the fantasy draft, any one else find this interesting besides me. I am all for keeping the CHIP on LJ's shoulder, I like it when he runs ANGRY!! GO CHIEFS

BigRock
06-04-2006, 01:12 AM
I can't find any other article that says Priest Holmes had surgery. Makes me wonder if this whole "Monitor" story is bogus.
There have been a million stories circulating about Priest since he got injured (spinal tumor, etc.), and the question was asked by someone who doesn't cover the Chiefs or Priest. Whoever asked probably just didn't have their facts straight. It shouldn't mean that the whole thing is bogus.

Rausch
06-04-2006, 01:19 AM
This means we can forget about trading for Michael Bennett.

Best news all day...

Mecca
06-04-2006, 03:23 AM
I hope he's healthy. It would be great to see him get all the goalline carries.

I really hate that idea.......Pulling out a back at the goaline especially one like Larry Johnson doesn't sound like the best idea to me. I don't particulary think Larry Johnson would be to happy getting no TD's either.

Priest can come in and spell Johnson when he needs it and take some of the load off. But I don't think there should be specific "you are getting all the goalline carries" type of things done.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-04-2006, 03:55 AM
I really hate that idea.......Pulling out a back at the goaline especially one like Larry Johnson doesn't sound like the best idea to me. I don't particulary think Larry Johnson would be to happy getting no TD's either.

Priest can come in and spell Johnson when he needs it and take some of the load off. But I don't think there should be specific "you are getting all the goalline carries" type of things done.

Seems like common sense to me. I don't think LJ would be happy with a 2000 yd season and 4 TD's. Sure the 2000 yds is nice. The endzone is your place to shine.

rad
06-04-2006, 06:22 AM
Last part of the interview -

Q How did you come by the name Priest?

A My full name is Priest Anthony Holmes, and in high school everyone called me Anthony. Priest was more of a name that just mainly the family called me. But my mother has yet to tell me that story. I actually have an uncle in New Jersey that knows the whole story because I never met my father. He passed away before I met him. Ö He gave me the name, but I do not know why. I have no idea why.

WTF?!?!?!
I thought his father was still alive.
Actually was a Sgt. in the army and got recalled into action and went to Iraq for a while.
Am I thinking of another Chiefs player? Coulda swore it was Priest.

jspchief
06-04-2006, 06:25 AM
WTF?!?!?!
Actually was a Sgt. in the army and got recalled into action and went to Iraq for a while.
Am I thinking of another Chiefs player? Coulda swore it was Priest.Stepdad?

Planetman
06-04-2006, 06:26 AM
WTF?!?!?!
Am I thinking of another Chiefs player? Coulda swore it was Priest.
Citizen rad,

The individual you refer to as Priest's "father" is actually his step father. I hope that helps clear up your confusion.

Planetman

rad
06-04-2006, 06:30 AM
Stepdad?

Oh, ok. I missed the "step" part. Thanks.

wazu
06-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Seems like common sense to me. I don't think LJ would be happy with a 2000 yd season and 4 TD's. Sure the 2000 yds is nice. The endzone is your place to shine.

I used to take a personal interest in individual stats, but they just don't add up to championships.

BTW, if Priest is healthy, I highly doubt LJ will be making a run at 2000 yards. 1500 yards might be a stretch.

milkman
06-04-2006, 08:20 AM
I used to take a personal interest in individual stats, but they just don't add up to championships.

BTW, if Priest is healthy, I highly doubt LJ will be making a run at 2000 yards. 1500 yards might be a stretch.

I don't think that 1500 yards is a stretch.

We need someone to take some of the load off of LJ, cause I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this team average close to 40 carries a game.

LJ will still get at least 25 carries a game, even if Priest is there.

Wilson8
06-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Iíve been thinking about this story a little bit more. If Priest was in an interview and the question is asked, ďAfter midseason surgery for head and neck trauma sidelined youÖĒ, wouldnít he say something about not having surgery? It seems like that is a pretty important statement that Priest would correct if it wasnít true.

Maybe he did have surgery. Did he stay with the team after the injury or did he disappear for the last few games?

One other thought. Is it possible that the question was really asked ďAfter midseason INJURY for head and neck trauma sidelined youÖĒ,?

blueballs
06-04-2006, 12:06 PM
anothr 20+ post
thread
:flex:

SoCalBronco
06-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Chiefs | GoChiefs re-ups on basement deal
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 9:36:47 -0700

Nick Athan, writing for Warpaint Illustrated, reports that GoChiefs and his mother have agreed on a new deal that allows him to continue to live in the family's basement through his 35th birthday.

BigMeatballDave
06-04-2006, 02:49 PM

Nick Athan, writing for Warpaint Illustrated, reports that GoChiefs and his mother have agreed on a new deal that allows him to continue to live in the family's basement through his 35th birthday.ROFL
:clap:

StcChief
06-04-2006, 02:49 PM

Nick Athan, writing for Warpaint Illustrated, reports that GoChiefs and his mother have agreed on a new deal that allows him to continue to live in the family's basement through his 35th birthday.
ROFL

Extra Point
06-04-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm glad it's not:

"Unless they change the formula in the sauce, I'll still be eating Nachos in the luxury booth."

blueballs
06-04-2006, 03:57 PM

ROFL