PDA

View Full Version : Let the Colts lovefest begin again!

Bowser
06-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Sorry if re-post. No, I'm not sorry. Deal with it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/05/25/colts/index.html

I do believe that as long as Peyton Manning is in the league, we're going to have to endure this craptastic prediction year in, and year out.

milkman
06-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Sorry if re-post. No, I'm not sorry. Deal with it.

If you were to repost, this is the way to do it! :thumb:

As for the prediction, I can't wait for a real defense to show us the pussy that is Manning in the playoffs, once again.

Bowser
06-04-2006, 11:31 AM
If you were to repost, this is the way to do it! :thumb:

As for the prediction, I can't wait for a real defense to show us the pussy that is Manning in the playoffs, once again.

I think losing Edgerrin James is going to hurt more than the Colts realize.

SNR
06-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Sure. Every team has that kind of emotion, I'm sure. What about the Buffalo Bills or the Minnesota Vikings super bowl teams? If that's not motivation, I don't know what is.

The Colts do have a good team, but there's always a constant flow of bullshit that surrounds them. I'm not picking them as Super Bowl champs ever.

FringeNC
06-04-2006, 11:32 AM
The Colts year was last year. They were given a 2nd chance with Bettis' fumble, and Manning and the Colts couldn't capitalize. Their chance for a story book ending was last year, and they blew it.

Skip Towne
06-04-2006, 11:46 AM
I think losing Edgerrin James is going to hurt more than the Colts realize.
Nobody cares what you think, dork.

Bowser
06-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Nobody cares what you think, dork.

Easy, there. A few more name callings and you'll push this thread over 100 posts.

Skip Towne
06-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Easy, there. A few more name callings and you'll push this thread over 100 posts.
Well, OK.

ROYC75
06-04-2006, 11:51 AM
As long as Payton is playing, the media will always have a nob slob for him...........

Demonpenz
06-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Edge was a badass you just don't replace a dude like that.

Skip Towne
06-04-2006, 11:59 AM
As long as Payton is playing, the media will always have a nob slob for him...........
I thought Walter died.

KCBOSS1
06-04-2006, 12:01 PM
I actually like Peyton, but i think that I smell a Dan Marino scenario coming on. I think that his brother is way inferior, but may stand a better chance of winning a SB first.......

milkman
06-04-2006, 12:01 PM

Actually, some of the media are starting to come to the realization that Mangina is a choker, who pussifies in the face of defensive pressure, something I've been saying for a couple of years.

NJ Chief Fan
06-04-2006, 12:14 PM
tony dungy sucks...thats the colts problem..why did the bucs finally win a sb? CAUSE HE WAS GONE!

milkman
06-04-2006, 12:22 PM
tony dungy sucks...thats the colts problem..why did the bucs finally win a sb? CAUSE HE WAS GONE!

Dungy's problem is that he has no idea how to field an offense.

He got one handed to him in Indy, and he fixed the defense.

The only thing holding him back now is Peyton's Mangina.

KCBOSS1
06-04-2006, 12:32 PM

That's rediculous. Tony Dungy built the Bucs from nothing and brought them out of obscurity.....Then he went to Indianapolis and has done the same there. Gruden (though I like him) stepped into Dungy's accomplishment. Dungy made both of these teams contenders.

Dungy will win a superbowl eventually I believe.

ck_IN
06-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Wow, why all the Colts hate?

Personally I'm picking the Pats. After last year I think Brady and BB feel like they have something to prove. It also doesn't hurt that they play in the weakest AFC division there is.

As for the Colts, they have protection issues to solve. Manning and his Oline get torched by 3-4 defenses and now they'll see tons of them. As for James, his pro was that he would get you 4 yards every carry. His con was he would get you 4 yards every carry. Addali (sp?) has the potential to be a James clone with the exception that he has the speed to bust one at any time.

Indy can win it all if they can figure how to block a 3-4, Manning plays within himself, Addali contributes and they figure out how to defend passes over the middle to TE's.

I'm not betting on all of those falling into place this season.

Demonpenz
06-04-2006, 12:42 PM
I don't think james had any cons

Rain Man
06-04-2006, 12:45 PM
I thought Walter died.

The Broncos think that they can get one more 1,000-yard season out of him.

ck_IN
06-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Don't get me wrong he's a hell of a back but after his knee injury he was a different runner.

I'd still rate him in the top five but he'd lost the ability to bust one. I'm too lazy to look it up but I think his longest run last year was 20yrds.

NJ Chief Fan
06-04-2006, 01:03 PM

your not kidding....how the f-ck did they pass on lendale white and draft that kid out of LSU? wtf were they thinking

Demonpenz
06-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Don't get me wrong he's a hell of a back but after his knee injury he was a different runner.

I'd still rate him in the top five but he'd lost the ability to bust one. I'm too lazy to look it up but I think his longest run last year was 20yrds.

different runner is right. He ran for more yards and tds

JBucc
06-04-2006, 01:08 PM
They might be able to if the Defense continues to improve, but as long as Dungy has so much faith in Peyton that he basically lets him coach the offense and do what he wants they won't get beyond the Championship game imo.

milkman
06-04-2006, 01:10 PM
your not kidding....how the f-ck did they pass on lendale white and draft that kid out of LSU? wtf were they thinking

I think that was probably Bil Polian's call, and White doesn't really fit their O.

StcChief
06-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Let's not let the Lovefest for Colts begin.....
and say we did.

NJ Chief Fan
06-04-2006, 01:14 PM

his longest run last season was of 33 yds... he had 5 20+ yd runs last season in 2004 it was a 40 yd run and did it 6 times

hes finally healthy but definately lost a burst of speed...is there some kind of the U curse for backs...mcgahee, james and gore all had some serious injuries...why hasnt that flamer portis gotten hurt yet

milkman
06-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Let's not let the Lovefest for Colts begin.....
and say we did.

Unfortunately, the lovefest is going to happen.

We can't hope to stop it, we can only hope to contain it.

NJ Chief Fan
06-04-2006, 01:17 PM
We can't hope to stop it, we can only hope to contain it.

mangina does that on his own :)

Mile High Mania
06-04-2006, 01:42 PM
James is tough to replace, but Addai (rookie) could be great in that offense. They'll likely have a RBBC type of approach, esp to start the season, but the rookie has all sorts of talent.

I don't think that passing on White will bite them in the butt... the good thing for White is that he landed with the Titans and Norm Chow. That could be huge for them.

big nasty kcnut
06-04-2006, 03:17 PM
New england won't win again with the other mangina brady as qb.

Cochise
06-04-2006, 03:30 PM

Yeah, Manning is what's wrong with the Colts.

:rolleyes:

Rausch
06-04-2006, 03:36 PM

He played like $#it vs. the Steelers, at home no less.

A bad game can be expected, they know how to come after the QB and are pretty good in coverage now, but his happy feet and must-throw-ball-after-3-seconds-no-matter-what mentality cost them.

Mecca
06-04-2006, 03:43 PM

Seeing as I doubt the Colts would win 4 games without Manning saying he's their problem is pretty funny to me.

BigMeatballDave
06-04-2006, 03:46 PM
I think losing Edgerrin James is going to hurt more than the Colts realize.I think so, too.

BigMeatballDave
06-04-2006, 03:49 PM
That's rediculous. Tony Dungy built the Bucs from nothing and brought them out of obscurity.....Then he went to Indianapolis and has done the same there. Gruden (though I like him) stepped into Dungy's accomplishment. Dungy made both of these teams contenders.

Dungy will win a superbowl eventually I believe.Dungy=Marty

milkman
06-04-2006, 03:56 PM

Until he grow some balls against physical defenses, he will not get them to a SB.

A bad game can be expected, they know how to come after the QB and are pretty good in coverage now, but his happy feet and must-throw-ball-after-3-seconds-no-matter-what mentality cost them.

And it was just another playoff game lost because of that "happy feet and must-throw-ball-after-3-seconds-no-matter-what mentality.

It's that mentality that has cost them agianst the Patriots the previous playoffs.

Add in the fact that as the playcaller, he has horribly misused James, and he is responsible for the Colts inability to advance.

Mecca
06-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Personally I just think people around here hate the Colts because they built thier offensive heavy team better than the Chiefs did.

Fact of the matter to me anyway is Tom Brady and the Pats are 1000 times more annoying than the Colts are. If I hear Brady or a media member talk about how humble he is again, while he goes on about himself for 5 hours I may puke.

Bowser
06-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Personally I just think people around here hate the Colts because they built thier offensive heavy team better than the Chiefs did.

Fact of the matter to me anyway is Tom Brady and the Pats are 1000 times more annoying than the Colts are. If I hear Brady or a media member talk about how humble he is again, while he goes on about himself for 5 hours I may puke.

It's not a Colts hatred, it's a Peyton Manning hatred.

And I agree that Brady has been just as irritating.

Spicy McHaggis
06-04-2006, 04:06 PM

Visual Aid
http://www.dmdarlington.com/pics/sandwitch.jpg

milkman
06-04-2006, 04:09 PM

Yeah, I hate the Colts for that very reason.

That's a dumbass comment.

I don't dislike the Colts.

I just have very little respect for the way Mangina folds in the face of pressure.

There's no way to prove it, but I would bet that if Green were running that offense, they would have won one SB by now.

He may not have Mangina's talent, but Mangina doesn't have a fraction of the balls that Green has in the pocket under pressure.

Cochise
06-04-2006, 04:11 PM

I just have very little respect for the way Mangina folds in the face of pressure.

That's an ironic post.

JBucc
06-04-2006, 04:12 PM

Fact of the matter to me anyway is Tom Brady and the Pats are 1000 times more annoying than the Colts are. If I hear Brady or a media member talk about how humble he is again, while he goes on about himself for 5 hours I may puke.I'm not really irritated by Brady since he's actually won a few Super Bowls. Manning is just a big douche. He's like the rich guy version of Plummer.

Mecca
06-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I hate the Colts for that very reason.

I don't dislike the Colts.

There's no way to prove it, but I would bet that if Green were running that offense, they would have won one SB by now.

He may not have Mangina's talent, but Mangina doesn't have a fraction of the balls that Green has in the pocket under pressure.

Maybe for you, but it has to be something like that with some people around here. Every team in the league has a player people find annoying but rarely do people jump up and down about the hate like they do for the Colts.

Of course I guess there's some difference because I find Tom Brady annoying as shit but Chad Johnson amuses me.

Cochise
06-04-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm not really irritated by Brady since he's actually won a few Super Bowls. Manning is just a big douche. He's like the rich guy version of Plummer.

ROFL

This guy is without question a hall of fame QB, and you compare him to Plummer.

I think in the past year the football IQ of this board has fallen at least a hundred points.

milkman
06-04-2006, 04:16 PM
That's an ironic post.

It's only ironic if my opinion about Manning is wrong.

Mecca
06-04-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm not really irritated by Brady since he's actually won a few Super Bowls. Manning is just a big douche. He's like the rich guy version of Plummer.

Winning has nothing to do with my hatred for Brady, the guy acts like he's this humble regular guy when he's not. Tom Brady strikes me as an arrogant ass, he reminds me of the guy who tried to steal your g/f in high school then acted like you were the ass for smacking him around.

Not to mention it's really funny when my mom sees him on TV and reacts with "what a douchebag this guy is".

JBucc
06-04-2006, 04:19 PM
ROFL

This guy is without question a hall of fame QB, and you compare him to Plummer.

I think in the past year the football IQ of this board has fallen at least a hundred points.Notice I said rich guy version. I only compared him to Plummer because he chokes. And he's an ass.

KCBOSS1
06-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Dungy=Marty

What about Dungy's coaching reminds you of Marty?.....Oh yeah, both build winners.

Other than that, what?

4th and Long
06-04-2006, 08:26 PM
What do all of Dungy's Indy teams have in common?

Sooner or later, one member of the team makes a real ass out of themselves on national television.

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/218/dungyass0ib.jpg

cdcox
06-04-2006, 08:29 PM
What about Dungy's coaching reminds you of Marty?.....Oh yeah, both build winners.

Other than that, what?

Logical
06-04-2006, 10:42 PM
If you were not a fan of another team (in our case the Chiefs) what is not to love. Fantastic offense, very good defense, a head coach witha good rep, ownership and management that is known for making smart choices. No players with bad reputations. The Colts seemingly have a great situation, the only thing to dislike is there overall appeal tends to foster jealousy.

SNR
06-04-2006, 10:50 PM
If you were not a fan of another team (in our case the Chiefs) what is not to love. Fantastic offense, very good defense, a head coach witha good rep, ownership and management that is known for making smart choices. No players with bad reputations. The Colts seemingly have a great situation, the only thing to dislike is there overall appeal tends to foster jealousy.I hate their mascot. Even when they were in Baltimore. It's stupid. Nice that if you're going with the horse theme, you pick the horses when they are at their weakest stage of life.

Almost as stupid as clothing item teams like the Red and White Sox and the Knicks. Get that shit out of sports.

BucEyedPea
06-04-2006, 10:57 PM
It's unlikely they'll win a SB with Dungy imo.

I hate them for getting Vinateiri though.
:deevee:

Moooo
06-05-2006, 12:11 AM
It's unlikely they'll win a SB with Dungy imo.

I hate them for getting Vinateiri though.
:deevee:

LOL Fear the Colts, the year after Dungy leaves...

Moooo

Taco John
06-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Winning has nothing to do with my hatred for Brady, the guy acts like he's this humble regular guy when he's not. Tom Brady strikes me as an arrogant ass, he reminds me of the guy who tried to steal your g/f in high school then acted like you were the ass for smacking him around.

Not to mention it's really funny when my mom sees him on TV and reacts with "what a douchebag this guy is".

You would try to beat someone up for trying to steal your girlfriend?

Why?

Mecca
06-05-2006, 01:00 AM
You would try to beat someone up for trying to steal your girlfriend?

Why?

In highschool yes........right now? Maybe, depends on what he was doing and the lengths he was going to.

ck_IN
06-05-2006, 07:18 AM
<i>There's no way to prove it, but I would bet that if Green were running that offense, they would have won one SB by now.</i>

What a clueless comment. You could pick any QB out of any time from any team in history and if a LB is in his lap the minute he gets the snap then he's going to play like chit. The Steelers game was squarely a result of pizz poor protection. Green would've looked at least as bad.

Now as for missusing James that's a big yes. He was ripping the Steelers with every touch but the playcalling didn't feed him. Is that Manning or the OC? Personally I'd say equal parts.

King_Chief_Fan
06-05-2006, 07:36 AM
come now guys........you have to love a team that knocks Denver's dick in the dirt every time they play.

chief4life
06-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Not without Edge he bailed manning out alot last year. Now that he is gone Manning is going to have to throw alot more and we all know what that leads to. Yep more sacks because no one is going to gear for the run. Colts were really dumb getting rid of Edge. just my 2 cents