PDA

View Full Version : Deadwood ending ! UPDATE

Anyong Bluth
06-05-2006, 02:50 AM
saw the info somewhere, and I'm pissed as anyone that its not going forward, but at least you'll get this now... seems like cast $$$ was the biggest problem?!?!?

Deadwood Lives with Four-Hour Finale
Source: Variety
June 5, 2006

Variety reports that HBO and Deadwood creator-executive producer David Milch have agreed to produce a pair of two-hour specials that will serve as the show's series finale.

While Milch's grisly Western had been presumed a goner last month after HBO announced it would not be renewing options on the large cast, HBO said Sunday that the series and its fans would get closure in what amounts to a four-hour event.

HBO will have to renegotiate new deals -- now for a pair of two-hours as opposed to a full season -- with all of the players. Although no one is locked into continuing with Deadwood, an HBO representative said the network was confident in reaching all the deals necessary to proceed with the show in its new incarnation.

No decisions had been made about a production start date or a premiere date.

Miles
06-05-2006, 02:54 AM
At least they agreed on this much. Last I had read it was as going to be over after this season with none of the lose ends resolved (like Carnivale).

Garcia Bronco
06-05-2006, 09:08 AM
This show is terrible...I'm glad it's ending.

unlurking
06-05-2006, 09:12 AM
That sucks. I really enjoyed this show.

Brock
06-05-2006, 09:14 AM
This show is terrible...I'm glad it's ending.

I think you meant to post this in the Sopranos thread.

Chiefnj
06-05-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm beginning to think I've been played by Milch and HBO like I'm some Yankton hooplehead.

Nice job by those guys creating a buzz about the show and some controversy leading into season 3.

sd4chiefs
06-05-2006, 10:00 AM
F*ckin F*ckers are F*ck'n F*cked up.