PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen visits the Treasure Valley

Bob Dole
06-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Not really football related, but at least it mentions some players.

It was "Bengals in Boise" at the Banbury Golf Club this weekend.

Okay, technically it should be called "Bengals in Eagle" since that's where Banbury is located. But as Idaho State athletic director Paul Bubb told me, "We had to come through Boise to get to Eagle."

So that's gotta count for something.

Regardless, the reason for Idaho State's visit to the valley was to play some golf. That's alright with former ISU standout Jared Allen, who now stars at defensive end for the Kansas City Chiefs.

He was just fine with talking about his golf game.

"Scrambles usually throw my golf game off," said Allen. "You know, it's bad because I was playing good back in Kansas City and I got out here today, started out nice, par, par. (Then it was) double, double, double, double, stop keeping score (laughs). So I blame it on the altitude, I just got off the plane. I was up early."

Allen's been in the NFL since 2004, while former Boise State defensive tackle Alex Guerrero is just trying to get his feet wet.

Remember, guerrero was signed as a free agent by the Chiefs just after the nfl draft. With Allen in town this weekend, we couldn't help but ask the former Bengal how the former Bronco is doing at mini camp.

"He works hard," said Allen. "You have to work hard if you wanna make it in the NFL. And you know, he works hard. He grunts a lot when he runs. So we make fun of him about that. We call him Bonecrusher. He's got his little 'fro' going on. He's a cool guy."

Source (http://www2.kbcitv.com/x71671.xml)

OnTheWarpath58
06-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Not really football related, but at least it mentions some players.

It was "Bengals in Boise" at the Banbury Golf Club this weekend.

Okay, technically it should be called "Bengals in Eagle" since that's where Banbury is located. But as Idaho State athletic director Paul Bubb told me, "We had to come through Boise to get to Eagle."

So that's gotta count for something.

Regardless, the reason for Idaho State's visit to the valley was to play some golf. That's alright with former ISU standout Jared Allen, who now stars at defensive end for the Kansas City Chiefs.

He was just fine with talking about his golf game.

"Scrambles usually throw my golf game off," said Allen. "You know, it's bad because I was playing good back in Kansas City and I got out here today, started out nice, par, par. (Then it was) double, double, double, double, stop keeping score (laughs). So I blame it on the altitude, I just got off the plane. I was up early."

Allen's been in the NFL since 2004, while former Boise State defensive tackle Alex Guerrero is just trying to get his feet wet.

Remember, guerrero was signed as a free agent by the Chiefs just after the nfl draft. With Allen in town this weekend, we couldn't help but ask the former Bengal how the former Bronco is doing at mini camp.

"He works hard," said Allen. "You have to work hard if you wanna make it in the NFL. And you know, he works hard. He grunts a lot when he runs. So we make fun of him about that. We call him Bonecrusher. He's got his little 'fro' going on. He's a cool guy."

I thought Bernard Pollard was the Bonecrusher?