PDA

View Full Version : Who would you pick ???

crispystl420
06-05-2006, 03:21 PM
In my franchise league I have the #1 overall pick and my keeper was Larry Johnson now some players arent available such as tomlinson t.o chad johnson edge shaun alexander cadillac marvin harrison theres one more taken to biut I can't think who it is. Should I go for Manning???
What do you guys think???

sedated
06-05-2006, 03:27 PM
never go for a QB first overall.

although, there's not much left after those "unavailables"

maybe Steve Smith?
Corey Dillon?

Simplex3
06-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Steve Smith kept me in the hunt last year. Guy traded me straight up for Jimmy Smith. :)

There's got to be a good RB still available. Who is your QB right now and who is available?

Saulbadguy
06-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Steve Smith kept me in the hunt last year. Guy traded me straight up for Jimmy Smith. :)

There's got to be a good RB still available. Who is your QB right now and who is available?
I bet you won the championship too, huh?

jidar
06-05-2006, 03:31 PM
with those guys off the board I'd definately take Manning. It's a no brainer

Simplex3
06-05-2006, 03:33 PM
I bet you won the championship too, huh?
No, I got third out of 12. I wasn't even close to the first and second place guys, though. They were in a league by themselves, then me and another couple of guys, then everyone else.

The Poz
06-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Manning lost his best blocker in the Edge, and his best TE D. Clark will be asked to pick up some of that blocking slack. I think Ronnie Brown or even Brian Westbrook (if stays healthy) could have big years.

alpha_omega
06-05-2006, 03:34 PM
never go for a QB first overall.

Almost never...Manning single handedly won my fantasy league for me 2 years ago. Granted that was a special circumstance (with the 49 TD's)...but it worked out well in '04.

Simplex3
06-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Manning lost his best blocker in the Edge, and his best TE D. Clark will be asked to pick up some of that blocking slack. I think Ronnie Brown or even Brian Westbrook (if stays healthy) could have big years.
I would avoid Westbrook like the plague.

jidar
06-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Almost never...Manning single handedly won my fantasy league for me 2 years ago. Granted that was a special circumstance (with the 49 TD's)...but it worked out well in '04.

Manning was a good top 5 pick last year as well, and likely again this year. He puts up monster numbers.

sedated
06-05-2006, 03:44 PM
There's got to be a good RB still available.

Top 15 Total TD's (2005 Reg. Season)

S. Alexander - 28
L. Johnson - 21
Tomlinson - 20
Edge - 14
Dillon - 13
Mike Anderson - 13
Steve Smith - 13
M. Harrison - 12
Rudi Johnson - 12
Stephen Davis - 12
Chris Chambers - 11
Hines Ward - 11
LaMont Jordan - 11
Tiki Barber - 11
Clinton Portis - 11

pr_capone
06-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Pick up Manning and then immediately trade him for Jay Fiedler, Rich Scanlon, and Warren Sapp (as a short yardage recieving TE of course).

A guaranteed winner there!

Mile High Mania
06-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Crispy - we need a lot more info.

Who is off the board? What are your lineups each week? Is one position better from a scoring perspective?

crispystl420
06-05-2006, 04:06 PM
it's just the yahoo default lineups and scoring My other thought was Tiki barber

Mile High Mania
06-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Depending on the size of your league... the # you start each week at each position ... flex option... and scoring... and where you pick again in Round 2...

I'd likely take another stud RB and have a badass 1-2 punch. Outside of Manning's incredible year 2 seasons ago, you can typically find a QB that is comparable in stats with your 4th or 5th round selection.

So, knowing that you have LJ ... I'd take another RB like Barber, Portis, etc. Then likely go WR in Round 3.

Round 4 is where I would look at a top QB, but again it depends on where you pick in R4 and R5. Can you hold off in round 4, get another top RB as your 3rd option (depth is key and injury at RB happens with more frequency) or go with your 2nd top WR?

There's lots of things to consider, but I'd likely pass on Manning (bad pun intended) in your scenario.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-05-2006, 04:20 PM
It's too damned bad you have to pick so soon. It's better to have your draft once the preseason is almost done so when the obligatory star goes down to a shredded ACL you aren't f*cked up the arse.

Mile High Mania
06-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Here's a thought regarding the burning desire to take Manning...

Yes, he's going to rock, just look at his history. But, there are always 3-4 other guys that fall to that Round 4 to Round 6 area that top the 3,500 mark and 24+ TDs.

I would ask you to consider the great Jake... Delhomme. Jake has had a few fine seasons. Two years ago, he really only had Muhsin. Last year, he really only had Steve Smith ... and he rocked in both years. Keary Colbert is taking time to develop, but they did add Keyshawn Johnson this offseason.

The RB situation is a ? mark, but Foster is healthy and they have nice guys behind him including the rookie.

I am telling you that Keyshawn is a great addition to that offense, he'll be a solid #3 fantasy receiver... but, Steve Smith and Delhomme are going to do every bit as well if not better (esp for Jake) in 2006, barring any major injuries.

So, go RB ... avoid Peyton and track Delhomme as your guy.

Mile High Mania
06-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Holding a fantasy draft before the middle of August is insane in my opinion.

CHENZ A!
06-05-2006, 04:39 PM
definetly way too early to draft, but if I had to, I'd probably go with Portis, I think Al Saunders will use him alot like he did Priest. I'd get a WR in round 3(unless you have a RB/WR spot, then take another good RB if available), I always wait until later on to get a QB, there will always be a guy like Trent green, or Jake delhomme that put up good #'s and people let slide to the middle rds.

Mile High Mania
06-05-2006, 04:42 PM
I am definitely interested to see what AS can do with Portis in that offense. Portis finally showed last year what everyone saw while he was in Denver, and I think AS will get the best from him.

Tribal Warfare
06-05-2006, 04:44 PM
If Moss is available it could be a toss up

Mile High Mania
06-05-2006, 04:49 PM
WRs are deep ... I would still load up on RBs. Who knows how well Randy will do with Brooks and how long they'll stick with Brooks.

There are about 6 WRs I'd take before I took Randy - Harrison, TO, Smith, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Holt... I didn't look to see if these guys were off the board in his original post.

crispystl420
06-05-2006, 04:55 PM
It's too damned bad you have to pick so soon. It's better to have your draft once the preseason is almost done so when the obligatory star goes down to a shredded ACL you aren't f*cked up the arse.
Nah the draft isn't until like august man I'm just thinking about it ahead of time trying to get as many pinions as possible because the lesague is very important to me it's for some hard freakin core braggin rights.

dilligaf
06-05-2006, 05:02 PM
I think the Rams Steven Jackson will have a very good year.

JBucc
06-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Take Mike Vandrejagt. Your opponents will never see it coming and will be so dumbfounded they'll miss their turns.

Mile High Mania
06-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Jackson is one of those that I think can be had in early to mid 2nd round (of a 12 team draft) and make for one hell of a 1-2 punch. Jackson may finally be unleashed this season and if you were to pair him up with LJ, look out.

Hell, it may be possible for Crispy to take Barber and Jackson in Rounds 1 and 2 to line up with LJ. Talk about a fantastic trio for your fantasy team.

Go WR in R4 then QB in R5... WR-WR in Rounds 6 and 7 and you'd be good to go.

Psyko Tek
06-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Did ya ask Carl?

sedated
06-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Its always better to take the RB. You can always wait until someone else loses a RB and trade him later for a stud WR or QB (I traded Fred Taylor for Plaxico Burress last year).

And QBs are a dime a dozen. Manning might not even be a unanimous choice as the best QB anymore. Palmer put up better numbers last year.

I might go with Tiki. He's in a good, balanced offense. The Giants also have given up the whole "Thunder and Lightning" philosophy.

rad
06-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Tiki Barber.

One could also argue thet Manning may have to pass a helluva lot more with Edge gone..

I've always drafted RB,RB,WR or QB,WR depending on where I was drafting. And I never finished below 4th place (that 4th place was BS though. Tried to be cute and switch kickers at the last minute. If I left it alone I would have won that game!)

Simply Red
06-05-2006, 08:27 PM
In my franchise league I have the #1 overall pick and my keeper was Larry Johnson now some players arent available such as tomlinson t.o chad johnson edge shaun alexander cadillac marvin harrison theres one more taken to biut I can't think who it is. Should I go for Manning???
What do you guys think???

Consider; Greg Hill.

Moooo
06-05-2006, 08:46 PM
If it was me, and it was about TDs, I go for Tiki torch...

But I don't know CRAP about FF.

Moooo