PDA

View Full Version : Noobs: Curious about CP's start?....Read About It Yourself.

Mr. Kotter
06-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Seriously. Haven't you found the Archives yet??? :shrug:

I've set it for ascending order; so it begins with Aug 20, 2001....and runs for 12,768 threads, 511 pages....each with 25 threads. It will bring you into August 2003.

Of course, you can search by username, topics, or keywords too.

Bon Apetite! :p

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11&daysprune=1000&order=asc&sort=lastpost&pp=25&page=1

:)

DaKCMan AP
06-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Damn...i'm not till page 3

Frazod
06-05-2006, 09:41 PM
The archives are f#cked up. All my posts are mixed up with somebody else's.

Mr. Kotter
06-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Holy crap, that stirs some memories.....both on the Board, and as a Chief's fan. Heh. ROFL

Mr. Kotter
06-05-2006, 09:43 PM
The archives are f#cked up. All my posts are mixed up with somebody else's.
I noticed they are somewhat jacked up, but they seem to, generally, be intact....:shrug:

Frazod
06-05-2006, 09:50 PM
I figured out who's who. Any post in the archives by milkman is actually by me. Any post by me in archives is actually by KCDan (I think).

Who knows what else got lost in translation.

JBucc
06-05-2006, 09:51 PM
I figured out who's who. Any post in the archives by milkman is actually by me. Any post by me in archives is actually by KCDan (I think).

Who knows what else got lost in translation.WTF? How does that happen?

Frazod
06-05-2006, 09:55 PM
WTF? How does that happen?

Hell if I know. But that's the deal. There's no way of knowing how much of it is corrupt.

htismaqe
06-05-2006, 09:57 PM
All of Luzap's posts show up under my name. ROFL

htismaqe
06-05-2006, 09:58 PM
And of course, my posts are credited to AustinChief. :D

Frazod
06-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Any way to correct these problems?

Logical
06-05-2006, 10:33 PM

Who knows what else got lost in translation.I actually have several different users posts under my username, in one Big Daddy is ranting how he will never go back to the Star BB. I find it funny. The post is signed Big Daddy but has my username assigned to it. When Kyle tried to archive them the database corrupted and that is how this occured.

FAX
06-05-2006, 10:35 PM
It's like a Planet masquerade. Or that face off movie.

FAX

Mr. Kotter
06-05-2006, 10:38 PM
LOOKY HERE:

The Motherlode.....er, eh....it looks like it might be, once they finish backing up the files

Thanks to CrazyPhuD, for the hook-up.... :clap:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3243902&postcount=125

Here's the week BEFORE the migration to ChiefsPlanet, from the Star.....Aug 2000.....heh. ROFL

http://web.archive.org/web/20000815062459/http://www.kansascity.com/bin/bbs.pl/Sports_and_recreation/Professional_sports/Chiefs/

Boy, oh boy.....I WONDER which longtime and prolific Planeteer THIS thread could belong to....heh. ROFLROFLROFL

Gunther does not know how to prepare a team. (http://web.archive.org/web/20000815062459/http://www.kansascity.com/bin/bbs.pl?cid=19243&tid=717143&do=lr) (Jim Reynolds)

Rausch
06-05-2006, 11:10 PM
I had the last post on the old star BB.

I only came here after much kicking and screaming.

Not sure why I haven't stopped yet...

Frazod
06-05-2006, 11:14 PM
I had the last post on the old star BB.

I only came here after much kicking and screaming.

Not sure why I haven't stopped yet...

You kicked and screamed a week longer than I did. I waited two days to come over - you waited nine. :D

I initially tried to play peacemaker, but no one was having any.

Rausch
06-05-2006, 11:17 PM
You kicked and screamed a week longer than I did. I waited two days to come over - you waited nine. :D

I'm either too loyal or too stubborn, but either way I'm still qualified to coach the Chiefs' defense... :)

Frazod
06-05-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm either too loyal or too stubborn, but either way I'm still qualified to coach the Chiefs' defense... :)

There are qualifications for that? :hmmm:

htismaqe
06-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Any way to correct these problems?

I think the data files are actually intact and can be restored. Of course, we're waiting on Kyle to do that when he upgrades vBulletin.

cdcox
06-05-2006, 11:21 PM
The old data base has been jacked up for years. I noticed it when I was looking for some old post of mine. I find a thread where I'm in some knock down dragout fight. I don't remember it for the life of me. I'm thinking, "Man, I must have been drunk that night, I was being a real pain in the ass over nothing." Finally I realized that it wasn't me.

Rausch
06-05-2006, 11:23 PM
I think the data files are actually intact and can be restored. Of course, we're waiting on Kyle to do that when he upgrades vBulletin.

I have this dream where I win the lottery, have a short conversation with the man, and move the planet to a rack of these... (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/0.RSLID?mco=15559A3&nclm=XserveRAID)

Mr. Kotter
06-05-2006, 11:23 PM
The old data base has been jacked up for years. I noticed it when I was looking for some old post of mine. I find a thread where I'm in some knock down dragout fight. I don't remember it for the life of me. I'm thinking, "Man, I must have been drunk that night, I was being a real pain in the ass over nothing." Finally I realized that it wasn't me.

Yeah, it's more jacked up than I thought.

It's still fun to peruse, and the content is still mostly there anyway....

But, "the names have been changed (around) to protect the innocent"....heh. ;)

StcChief
06-06-2006, 07:50 AM
I actually have several different users posts under my username, in one Big Daddy is ranting how he will never go back to the Star BB. I find it funny. The post is signed Big Daddy but has my username assigned to it. When Kyle tried to archive them the database corrupted and that is how this occured.

Database stuff can be tricky. That's why backup and mirror system
will make this not occur. No backup or way to undo the change....

It just takes money to setup.

chagrin
06-06-2006, 08:16 AM
That was pretty cool. I saw a thread "Why can't we tackle?" and laughed my ass off.

Funny note about meme, I've always known she was arrogant and also a joke; but reading those first few posts about her cracked me up. From what I read, she thought she owned the Star and then people were sick of talking to her (no, not you vlad - I am referring to what I read) and then she was cheering herself on because of the people that left the Star and came here, now she basically lives here.
I don't know, that's just very, very funny to me.

ct
06-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Guess I'm Shootr in the archives. Funny, my very 1st thread I'm bitchin about having to use IE browser. Holy crap that just seems like forever ago.

shakesthecat
06-06-2006, 08:50 AM
I think I'm getting "credit" for Naptown's posts.

Oh the irony......

chagrin
06-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Guess I'm Shootr in the archives. Funny, my very 1st thread I'm bitchin about having to use IE browser. Holy crap that just seems like forever ago.

I have a question for you. Were you in my other yahoo FF league this past season, as shootr? Hell, or was it nfl.com, I can't remember, but during a live draft I was chatting with one of the dudes in the league, this shootr, and I said something about going to chiefsplanet and he said he goes there from time to time but lurks mostly. I don't know, just thought I'd ask.

ChiTown
06-06-2006, 09:07 AM
I think I'm getting "credit" for Naptown's posts.

Oh the irony......

I figured out that I was mmaddog. I can live with that, but I'm not sure he can.... :)

morphius
06-06-2006, 09:12 AM

I initially tried to play peacemaker, but no one was having any.
Yup, I was trying to so the same. Starting watching over here while still posting over there till I finally had to throw in the towel. Of course a large part of my loyalty to them was because they actually came to the gathering I put together and handed out some prizes. If it wasn't for that, I would have jumped a bit sooner.

Rain Man
06-06-2006, 09:15 AM
If you'll allow me a moment of maudlin reminiscing, I wonder if this was my first original thread over here.

I registered in July, so I have a hard time believing that it took me a month to create a new thread, but then again, it seems like I registered and then didn't make the leap from the Star BB for a while.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=19163&highlight=kevin

morphius
06-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Cool, I was played by DaKCMan AP as far as I can tell anyway.

Mr. Kotter
06-06-2006, 11:20 AM
I figured out that I was mmaddog. I can live with that, but I'm not sure he can.... :)

I haven't examined them closely enough to find out who I was, or who was me (SDChiefsfan, back then).....heh. :hmmm:

Stinger
06-06-2006, 11:37 AM
I haven't examined them closely enough to find out who I was, or who was me (SDChiefsfan, back then).....heh. :hmmm:
Well concidering you've had about 30 usernames at one point that may take awhile

j/k :D

hypersensitiveZO6
06-06-2006, 11:47 AM
What's the deal with the n/a post count?

ct
06-06-2006, 11:53 AM
I have a question for you. Were you in my other yahoo FF league this past season, as shootr? Hell, or was it nfl.com, I can't remember, but during a live draft I was chatting with one of the dudes in the league, this shootr, and I said something about going to chiefsplanet and he said he goes there from time to time but lurks mostly. I don't know, just thought I'd ask.

No that must have been the real Shootr. I haven't been in any of the BB FF leagues, though I've been tempted. Already in 2 other leagues, and don't want to take on a 3rd.

Brock
06-06-2006, 12:02 PM
wow, there used to be a lot more football talk on this board.

Mr. Kotter
06-06-2006, 12:16 PM
wow, there used to be a lot more football talk on this board.

Have you looked at the calendar.....if football off season HELL..... :shrug:

Brock
06-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Have you looked at the calendar.....if football off season HELL..... :shrug:

Yeah, no shit sherlock. I mean IN GENERAL. :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter
06-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah, no shit sherlock. I mean IN GENERAL. :rolleyes:

With the link, you are looking at August--just prior to the season opener......

I wonder if May-June of 2001 was any different, really, than this year. Maybe. But I suspect not as much as you might think.

ct
06-06-2006, 12:29 PM
With the link, you are looking at August--just prior to the season opener......

I wonder if May-June of 2001 was any different, really, than this year. Maybe. But I suspect not as much as you might think.

I suspect you're right. Personally I think way too much is being made of our BB's current drama. Ain't nutin but a thang!